Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLits - A Short Story Challenge with new themes every month and voting for winners

Comments

• Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Here's September's winners. :)

In third place we have:

In second place we have: .
    In first place we have:
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    3 way tie! Congrats to all of you!

Thank you to the hosts as well, I'm having a lot of fun participating in this monthly challenge. :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Congrats everyone! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    I had a lovely evening drinking rooibos chai and reading all the September stories. Congrats to the winners and thanks so much to everyone that contributes stories!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Congrats everyone! Banners will be pm'd out tonight!
  • Options
    allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    edited October 2017
    Congratulations everyone! We all wrote well and our stories prove it! :)
  • Options
    Babygirl80PlyrBabygirl80Plyr Posts: 1,493 Member
    Awh, you're all too sweet. Thank you everyone <3
  • Options
    Here's my "For Fun" entry for October: Dreaming Again
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    edited October 2017
    A for fun entry for this months challenge (because I massively missed on the word count limit :tongue: ) It's a side story based off my "The Family Black" story featuring a couple characters before the events of the main story. I hope everyone enjoys it :smile:

Vampires Have Nightmares Too
  • Options
    FREIDAPEARLFREIDAPEARL Posts: 13 New Member
    Hi everyone! I have a short story entry, but not sure where to submit it. Can you let me know? Thanks.
  • Options
    Hello Pegasus143! I have an entry for October's Short Story theme, entitled "There's Something in the Basement!" I am not sure where to submit it. I was unable to post the link on the short story challenge page. It's my first time entering one of these short story challenges. It was fun, but very challenging limiting my words. Word Count is 997. Thank you. :)
  • Options
    @FREIDAPEARL Hi! Because you still have the rank of "new member", you aren't able to post links properly on the forums, so to submit just paste the link into a post on this thread and get rid of the http:// part at the beginning, and also give the name of your story. I'll be able to put your link together properly on the entry list :)
  • Options
    Also, @FREIDAPEARL Thank you for participating! :)
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    Thank you Pegasus143 and SilentWolf101! The name of my story is There's Something in the Basement, word count is 997, 12 screenshots, and here is the url body janetmancini.wixsite.com/simscape/single-post/Something-In-The-Basement
  • Options
    This was so much fun, and also very challenging! :)
  • Options
    @FREIDAPEARL I've added your entry to the list :)
  • Options
    Thank you for adding my entry! :smile: I'm not sure it worked though cause it just links back to the top of this thread when I click the link for the story. Did I somehow mess it up? Thanks.
  • Options
    I've fixed it on the main post now. :) Thank you for letting me know.

Also, let us know if anything else is broken, and we'll do our best to fix it. :)
  • Options
    Thank you! Looks like it worked just fine. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Posting November's theme tonight since I won't be able to get on right away tomorrow morning...

November’s Theme: Fear Will Be Thy Enemy

Surprisingly, this isn’t a famous quote and I just made it up off the top of my head. Anyways… go forth and be brave!

Special Rules: No special rules this month. The usual 500-1000 word and 1-12 screenshot limits still apply.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Submissions:
    I Have Seen Fear And It Is Myself by @Chands
    Jump by @Babygirl80Plyr
    Courage Will Be Thy Saviour by @MsMarvel98
    Choices by @Sarahkay
    The Dangers You Face by @Karilan
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "For Fun" Entries: (Any stories listed here are inspired by the monthly theme, but don't follow all the rules of the challenge and aren't in the monthly poll. Sometimes writers can't put limits on their creativity, and that's all good. Enjoy!)
    Together by @Pegasus143
    Post edited by Pegasus143 on
  • Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    Hello everyone!
    Sorry for not coming here so long. :flushed:
    You maybe know that I started moving my story "Goldilocks and Bears" on YouTube (long ago). It's really hard. It takes lots of time - I make two versions: in English and in Russian (my mother tongue). And after lots of efforts the videos are hardly watched. Sure! I started the story 2.5 years ago on the forums. Then I had to move it to WordPress (because of problems with pictures). Then I had to start moving it on YouTube (because of the same problems). Who will watch an old story with poor screenshots for the 100th time? That's really dissappointing. But I want to continue the story, so I have to retell the beginning first. Every day I tell myself: "You must continue the story!" And every time I'm finding excuses for not doing that.

No. I'm not complaining. I'm just trying to explain why I haven't come here for ages. I love you all! I haven't forgotten or neglected you. I have been thinking of you all the time. (In Russia, there's a funny superstition. When you hiccup, you say: "Hiccup! Someone must be thinking of me. Hiccup!" So, according to this superstition, you should have been hiccupping all the time. LOL)

So, yes I do remember you. But for me the word "story" is associated with my unhappy neglected Bears and thus makes me feel upset. And I escape from this word into other activities, which I also love: playing The Sims, building, making videos on YouTube...

But I will return! I promise!

And now I'd like to share one of my latest videos (which I'm really proud of) with you.
    So,
    Bedtime story
    Sorry for off-topic but I wanted to share this with you - my friends.
    Have a great time everyone! And happy simming!

PS: Stop! Did I say "story"? Bad kitty! Bad kitty!
  • Options
    And congratulations to all the winners! :star::star::star:
  • Options
    @chealsycat Glad to know that you're doing ok. I can see how that would be frustrating, moving your story around all the time. Definitely share the link to your YouTube channel in the lounge (if you haven't yet)-- there's been a ton of new people there lately, so some of them would probably check out your story.
    I'm glad you've been thinking of us, and remember that we'll still be here when you're ready to read or participate :)
  • Options
    Sorry for the delay -- yesterday was kind of busy. :)
    Voting Is OPEN

Voting for October 2017 winners will be open from November 1st to November 7th, 12 pm Central time

Click Here

Rules:
    • Select your three favorite stories
    • No soliciting votes.

1st place goes to the story with the most votes, 2nd place to the one with the 2nd most amount, etc, etc.

Click here to see a list of all the entries
  • Options
    @Pegasus143 Thank you! :)
    Voting Is OPEN

Voting for October 2017 winners will be open from November 1st to November 7th, 12 pm Central time

Click here to see a list of all the entries

Voted. Have really enjoyed reading. o:)