Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

3rd November Support Group

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Alorxico wrote: »
    Obviously I don't understand this delay and I am angry about it. Is my money less worth than US dollars??

Depending on where you live, it is probably worth MORE than the US dollar, but EA needs a pool of lemmings on which to test all the bugs and glitches first, and we Americans are, if nothing else, good at complaining about things that "ruin" gameplay.

I have to admit, I don't get this delayed release principle either though. I could assume it's to avoid overloading their servers or whatnot, but I'm pretty sure a 24hr delay (like they do with Asia) would be more than sufficient. Idk, I'm not impatiently waiting fort it, but it's still a very strange tactic to me :) I'd understand delaying it by a few hours, but a few days? Hm.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2016
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Obviously I don't understand this delay and I am angry about it. Is my money less worth than US dollars??

Depending on where you live, it is probably worth MORE than the US dollar, but EA needs a pool of lemmings on which to test all the bugs and glitches first, and we Americans are, if nothing else, good at complaining about things that "ruin" gameplay.

I have to admit, I don't get this delayed release principle either though. I could assume it's to avoid overloading their servers or whatnot, but I'm pretty sure a 24hr delay (like they do with Asia) would be more than sufficient. Idk, I'm not impatiently waiting fort it, but it's still a very strange tactic to me :) I'd understand delaying it by a few hours, but a few days? Hm.

It's to do with release days for physical copies. They can't allow digital sellers to trade before the physical retailers because it needs to be fair competition. Retailers get a set day of the week because of game charts in that country/region etc.

It's like films releasing on Thursdays too, I believe. The first showings are at midnight Wednesday evening. It's to do with box office charts.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »

It's to do with release days for physical copies. They can't allow digital sellers to trade before the physical retailers because it needs to be fair competition. Retailers get a set day of the week because of game charts in that country/region etc.

It's like films releasing on Thursdays too, I believe. The first showings are at midnight Wednesday evening. It's to do with box office charts.

Ah that makes sense, thanks for clarifying. Always wondered what's up with that. :)
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I'll be downloading it at 11pm and I really want to play it then to, but I have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning and I know if I start playing it after downloading it I wont get to bed until about 3am. which means I'll be sleeping when I should be at the dentist later on. so I'll be good and go to bed when it's installed and play tomorrow after the dentist. :D
  • Options
    CXonor13CXonor13 Posts: 666 Member
    I can't even cope RN.
    Ci7abDw.png
  • Options
    chezmacd23chezmacd23 Posts: 12 New Member
    chezmacd23 wrote: »
    I pre-ordered and on my origin it says release date today (UK) but it's not available yet, does anyone know what time it will let me download?

On my Origin, it says 11pm tonight.

Thanks! Doesn't give me any info other than the date on mine for some reason, will have to play it tomorrow as I have work early tomorrow morning :(
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    edited November 2016
    Meh, the store I bought from still aren't even releasing my code. I don't see the harm in them letting me have that - it has to go through Origin anyway, so I would still be waiting until 11 pm. But if I don't get my code today, this means I have to wait til after work tomorrow.

Edit: I am impressed! I just sent them a support ticket to ask about it and they replied within 1 minute! I now have my code :) *doing happy bunny dance*...
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I've just woken up from a little nap so I know I can stay up a little later tonight to play.
    I've got all my sims ready, just picking up the last bits of their collectables and then sorting it out in their household inventory ready for the move :D
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Meh, the store I bought from still aren't even releasing my code. I don't see the harm in them letting me have that - it has to go through Origin anyway, so I would still be waiting until 11 pm. But if I don't get my code today, this means I have to wait til after work tomorrow.

Did you buy through CDKeys? i'm waiting for mine too. Here's how I think it plays out:

They take as many preorders as possible up until shortly before release time. When they can't wait any longer, they bulk buy. The more they order, the cheaper they get them, the more profit they can make/the less they can charge for them increasing market share.

I don't think they actually have the codes until the last minute.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited November 2016

Did you buy through CDKeys? i'm waiting for mine too. Here's how I think it plays out:

They take as many preorders as possible up until shortly before release time. When they can't wait any longer, they bulk buy. The more they order, the cheaper they get them, the more profit they can make/the less they can charge for them increasing market share.

I don't think they actually have the codes until the last minute.

Sounds annoyingly feasible. I'm definitely not doing this again.

• Options
    Yay! CDKeys just delivered... Wooot! *Happy dance*

de1d5e1e2e.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Yay! CDKeys just delivered... Wooot! *Happy dance*

de1d5e1e2e.jpg

*does some jumping and bouncing around*

Mine too :) Now I just need to wait until 11pm

• Options
    Well they are 3.5 hrs before release, so they didn't cut it that fine.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

It's time to get the karaoke started

sings, slightly off-key because I'm only on lvl 3 for singing

Tomorrow, tomorrow. I love you tomorrow. You're only a day away!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HouLLJg-fnM
  • Options
    I only refreshed my download link about 50 times since I bought it at noon.... It's fiiiine.
  • Options
    I only refreshed my download link about 50 times since I bought it at noon.... It's fiiiine.

lol. Perhaps not that often for me.

• Options
    Spent all this time just waiting, and with 3.5 hrs to go I realise I have 1.5 sim weeks/households to finish before I rotate to my CL twins.

*Sigh*

I guess I still have to download and install though, so I have time.

*Puts kettle on*
  • Options
    Yippee!

I have just loaded my game up and it says 'New game pack downloading... you will be notified when download is complete...' so I'm waiting with baited breath :)
  • Options
    Wow you're lucky. I've been having problems with origin letting me sign in. Took me ages to get back into it. Maybe it's because of the game. I'm back in there now but game isn't downloading.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    I'm not so lucky... it said it was downloading, but then it did nothing. So I eventually quit and reloaded and couldn't connect for ages. Now it just tells me that I own CL but it is not installed...
  • Options
    Same. The server is going to be clogged with us lot tonight :P
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    Mine says it's unlocked, but I don't think we can download until 11 pm or thereabouts. Restarted both the game and Origin, and no dice.
  • Options
    Yeah mine says unlocked. Guess we will have to wait till 11.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    FluffyStrawberryFluffyStrawberry Posts: 113 Member
    Only 2 hours and 33 minutes left until I can play. It feels like you are 8 again and waitíng for santa to come whit the gifts :(((
  • Options
    When I saw it was unlocked, I was so hoping it would download now! Sigh. I'll be waiting until tomorrow after work now, as I'm not feeling too great today and feel I need to go to bed soon :(

I hope those of you who stay up to play have heaps of fun and that it was worth the wait!!

*blows nose, feeling sorry for self and slinks off upstairs with Samsung tablet*