Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

3rd November Support Group

Comments

• Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I'm also from the UK. You'd think by now there would come up with a worldwide release date, but maybe just have different times on release depending on where you are in the world? Who knows? All I know is that it's awful!

I was going to try a VPN but have read loads of horror stories of peoples origin accounts being locked and them being banned. I think I'd cry if that happened to me. Plus I don't fancy getting some nasty virus on my brand new alienware thank you :)
    The pain is real....
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I haven't gotten paid yet (my boss is a piece of work... :s ) and I won't be off until Friday anyway so even if it was released by now in the UK,I'd still have to wait a couple of days.
    What I'm surprised is by the lack of pictures from Asian, American, and VPN simmers. I assumed that by now the forum would be flooded with pictures.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    @AlbaWaterhouse VPN????
  • Options

"A virtual private network (VPN) is a network that is constructed using public wires — usually the Internet — to connect to a private network, such as a company's internal network. There are a number of systems that enable you to create networks using the Internet as the medium for transporting data."
  • Options
    edited November 2016

"A virtual private network (VPN) is a network that is constructed using public wires — usually the Internet — to connect to a private network, such as a company's internal network. There are a number of systems that enable you to create networks using the Internet as the medium for transporting data."

Basically you cheat your computer into thinking it's in a different country.
  • Options
    FiRobbo89FiRobbo89 Posts: 98 Member
    I think this is the most I've looked forward to an expansion pack coming out ... time is dragging!
  • Options
    Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    Can I join y'all even though it's due tomorrow night for me? :(
  • Options
    Bert1701Bert1701 Posts: 159 Member
    Thanks for creating this thread!
    Another UK simmer here. The wait is killing me already. I won't be downloading until Thursday night either as I have a busy day at work on Thursday and don't trust myself enough to sleep if I download it Wednesday night, haha!
    On the plus side I do have Friday off though so can catch up then.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Oooh I just noticed on CDKeys that there's a £6 discount on City Living. I was debating getting a physical copy, but I didn't get the GTW or GT physical discs, so I guess there's no point. So excited to play this expansion, but the waiting sure does suck. :neutral:
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Does anybody think repeatedly saying "I want my EP" will make the time go by any faster?
  • Options
    Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    Oooh I just noticed on CDKeys that there's a £6 discount on City Living. I was debating getting a physical copy, but I didn't get the GTW or GT physical discs, so I guess there's no point. So excited to play this expansion, but the waiting sure does suck. :neutral:

I was thinking of getting a physical copy too like I did for GTW and GT but it's quicker and easier to get a digital download and I don't want to risk it not arriving on time. I'm too excited for this EP so I don't want to have to wait any longer for it than I already am haha
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I'm still waiting for the digital code on Amazon. It isn't a big deal to me. This is a game I will continue to play for years. What is a few days in that perspective?
  • Options
    Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for the digital code on Amazon. It isn't a big deal to me. This is a game I will continue to play for years. What is a few days in that perspective?

True, I usually wait a bit after EPs have been released to get them. It's only this one that I've been so excited and impatient for that I want to get it as soon as I can :)
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    That's where I got mine from. Yay for discounts :)

I don't know if they will let me have the code early though. But I'm at work all Thurs and Fri, so I can only play a little each evening on those days - won't be long enough!
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited November 2016
    simlish1 wrote: »
    I'm also from the UK. You'd think by now there would come up with a worldwide release date, but maybe just have different times on release depending on where you are in the world? Who knows? All I know is that it's awful!

I was going to try a VPN but have read loads of horror stories of peoples origin accounts being locked and them being banned. I think I'd cry if that happened to me. Plus I don't fancy getting some nasty virus on my brand new alienware thank you :)
    The pain is real....

It's not anything bad like I'm sure if it was everyone who spoke about vpns would have been given a warning about talking about it.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    That's where I got mine from. Yay for discounts :)

I don't know if they will let me have the code early though. But I'm at work all Thurs and Fri, so I can only play a little each evening on those days - won't be long enough!

Snap (CDkeys, not working), and I'm dying of impatience over here. I'm also a day ahead of myself for reasons unknown, suddenly. I really need to occupy my time.
  • Options
    kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    I haven't gotten paid yet (my boss is a piece of work... :s ) and I won't be off until Friday anyway so even if it was released by now in the UK,I'd still have to wait a couple of days.
    What I'm surprised is by the lack of pictures from Asian, American, and VPN simmers. I assumed that by now the forum would be flooded with pictures.
    I would've thought they'd be more pictures too. I guess everyone is too busy playing the game!
    I'm sorry you haven't gotten your pay yet, that sucks :/

Aussie simmer here. I preordered the game from EB Games and although they sent it out on Monday the tracking's estimated delivery is Wednesday 9th :s With the other expansions it got here on release day, but with the Melbourne Cup holiday for Victoria yesterday I dunno if that'll happen. Aaargh. I live out in the country so there's no game shops close by.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    Thanks for starting this thread @lovejess2, I feel your pain...I have to wait until Thursday (In Australia). Makes me sad to think others are enjoying City Living and I'm still stuck collecting sugar skulls :s

Are you sure you have to wait until Thursday? My origin tells me it's coming out tomorrow night here in Western Aus

It'll be a bit before midnight which would technically be Thursday. I still have to wait till Thursday morning since I'm picking it up in store since I try and collect the physical discs.

Ohhh I see, it comes out midnight in whichever state you live in but here it's 9pm when it comes out. It all makes sense now!

It's frustrating to have to wait so long :( I just got my paycheck so I thought I'd preorder it just to secure it in my game library before I have to make any unexpected bill payments for things.

Well look on the bright side, because of our timezones (Australia being in the East) we get the the expansion before South America and Europe it could of been worse if EA decided to make it line up with everywhere else.

Ugh that would be awful, even having to wait two days after everyone else got it has been bad. 12.5 hours to go till we get it though!! -shrieks in excitement.-

I kind of want to share a picture of my sim which is moving to the city when I get the pack? OP is this ok if I do that?
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    RoxxyGrlRoxxyGrl Posts: 11 New Member
    I am curious.. for those that have to wait. Does the game show up as pre-ordered on your EA Account? I paid a few weeks back to preorder via Paypal and whilst my account has been debited, my EA Profile / Origin download does not show any info. Is this normal ? Shouldn't my EA account show it as purchased ?
  • Options
    nadinebsimsnadinebsims Posts: 10 New Member
    the wait is killing me! im off of uni this week and got all my assignments done today thinking I was getting it tonight (stupid me) and now I cant even play it and ive to go to work tomorrow :( im a very upset sims player hahah
  • Options
    RoxxyGrlRoxxyGrl Posts: 11 New Member

I so regret pre-ordering for digital download. It's more expensive and it's annoying when it wont work. I won't be doing that again if I can avoid it.
  • Options
    the wait is killing me! im off of uni this week and got all my assignments done today thinking I was getting it tonight (plum me) and now I cant even play it and ive to go to work tomorrow :( im a very upset sims player hahah

That's not good.

• Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    Thanks for starting this thread @lovejess2, I feel your pain...I have to wait until Thursday (In Australia). Makes me sad to think others are enjoying City Living and I'm still stuck collecting sugar skulls :s

Are you sure you have to wait until Thursday? My origin tells me it's coming out tomorrow night here in Western Aus

It'll be a bit before midnight which would technically be Thursday. I still have to wait till Thursday morning since I'm picking it up in store since I try and collect the physical discs.

Ohhh I see, it comes out midnight in whichever state you live in but here it's 9pm when it comes out. It all makes sense now!

It's frustrating to have to wait so long :( I just got my paycheck so I thought I'd preorder it just to secure it in my game library before I have to make any unexpected bill payments for things.

Well look on the bright side, because of our timezones (Australia being in the East) we get the the expansion before South America and Europe it could of been worse if EA decided to make it line up with everywhere else.

Ugh that would be awful, even having to wait two days after everyone else got it has been bad. 12.5 hours to go till we get it though!! -shrieks in excitement.-

I kind of want to share a picture of my sim which is moving to the city when I get the pack? OP is this ok if I do that?

Its about 23 hours for me since I'm picking it up in store. I don't mind since I have the day off and can sleep in but I am just so pumped at the moment.
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I feel like a kid again waiting for Xmas morning lol
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties