Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

3rd November Support Group

It's about to get very cowded with photos and gameplay threads but for those who live outside North America (and parts of Asia) we have to go another 2 days with everyone else playing the game. I set up this thread to tell you that we need to stay strong and whether you're from Australia or the UK (and the rest of the countries) we will make it through.

Comments

• Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    Thanks for starting this thread @lovejess2, I feel your pain...I have to wait until Thursday (In Australia). Makes me sad to think others are enjoying City Living and I'm still stuck collecting sugar skulls :s
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    MarcustzbMarcustzb Posts: 140 Member
    North America released? *Tick*, Worldwide (The rest of world)? 48+ Hours..
    Find me via Origin, Search by my name from my profile :)
  • Options
    SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    Sorry :( hugs
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,426 Member
    Obviously I don't understand this delay and I am angry about it. Is my money less worth than US dollars??
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hia! Only a few days more and we will all be playing it :smile: can't wait for the weekend!
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Obviously I don't understand this delay and I am angry about it. Is my money less worth than US dollars??

I think it made a little sense back when we didn't have digital downloads, but now that we do, it just seems like a giant waste to make certain countries wait longer just to sync it up with their physical edition releases.
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    My pain is real. But I'm looking at it as an extra couple of days to get my Sims who are moving to the city, more time to prepare.

Still....

*weeping*
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,426 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I think it made a little sense back when we didn't have digital downloads, but now that we do, it just seems like a giant waste to make certain countries wait longer just to sync it up with their physical edition releases.
    The thing is that I have kept a birthday gift card for a certain shop for ages and finally want to spend it for this EP. So there is no internet address cheating for me, I have to wait for the physical copy on Thursday. And while today is a holiday in Germany, I have no time to play the coming weekend. It's cursed!

• Options
    shinys212shinys212 Posts: 63 Member
    I hate that we have to wait! (I'm from Finland). Does anybody know why some countries on Asia get it at the same time as US?
  • Options
    pallies1pallies1 Posts: 326 Member
    Thank you for starting this thread OP! I have a really hard time trying not to look at all the spoilers about CL since I want to experience as much as possible for myself on release. Yet I'm so curious to find out!

I have some big things to do in my game before the 3d though. I have to remake all public lots, put new lots in and move my family in to make a fresh start for CL :smile: It takes so much time right now unfortunately since the latest patch slowed everything down, especially the gallery :confused:
  • Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    When i saw that the sim supply was playing CT, i watched the stream and i was like #screw the system, im downloading now" haha, so i changed my VPN to a korean one and downloaded the pack xD (i live in sweden)
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    Thanks for starting this thread @lovejess2, I feel your pain...I have to wait until Thursday (In Australia). Makes me sad to think others are enjoying City Living and I'm still stuck collecting sugar skulls :s

Are you sure you have to wait until Thursday? My origin tells me it's coming out tomorrow night here in Western Aus
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    pallies1pallies1 Posts: 326 Member
    When i saw that the sim supply was playing CT, i watched the stream and i was like #screw the system, im downloading now" haha, so i changed my VPN to a korean one and downloaded the pack xD (i live in sweden)

Haha! I'm from Sweden aswell, hello :smile: I'm a bit afraid of using the VPN-system, afraid it will mess up my other packs or something. So I'll just keep waiting. Just 2 more days..

Happy simming, I hope you get to enjoy the game big time now :smile: !
  • Options
    Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    When is UK release does anyone know? If I'm right I think it's 3rd but we can play it on the 2nd (tomorrow) at 11pm but I'm not 100% sure if I've got that right or not
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member

Are you sure you have to wait until Thursday? My origin tells me it's coming out tomorrow night here in Western Aus

It'll be a bit before midnight which would technically be Thursday. I still have to wait till Thursday morning since I'm picking it up in store since I try and collect the physical discs.
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »

It'll be a bit before midnight which would technically be Thursday. I still have to wait till Thursday morning since I'm picking it up in store since I try and collect the physical discs.

Ohhh I see, it comes out midnight in whichever state you live in but here it's 9pm when it comes out. It all makes sense now!

It's frustrating to have to wait so long :( I just got my paycheck so I thought I'd preorder it just to secure it in my game library before I have to make any unexpected bill payments for things.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,570 Member
    Vicks06 wrote: »
    When is UK release does anyone know? If I'm right I think it's 3rd but we can play it on the 2nd (tomorrow) at 11pm but I'm not 100% sure if I've got that right or not
    It is the 3rd :(

I didn't buy mine from Origin so I expect I will have to wait until the 3rd just to get my code. I keep checking the stores link and it says go away it's not released yet! (well, not in those words lol). Sigh.

I must be going mad too, because I don't remember any of the other packs releasing on different days...?
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »

Ohhh I see, it comes out midnight in whichever state you live in but here it's 9pm when it comes out. It all makes sense now!

It's frustrating to have to wait so long :( I just got my paycheck so I thought I'd preorder it just to secure it in my game library before I have to make any unexpected bill payments for things.

Well look on the bright side, because of our timezones (Australia being in the East) we get the the expansion before South America and Europe it could of been worse if EA decided to make it line up with everywhere else.
  • Options
    Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    edited November 2016
    It is the 3rd :(

I didn't buy mine from Origin so I expect I will have to wait until the 3rd just to get my code. I keep checking the stores link and it says go away it's not released yet! (well, not in those words lol). Sigh.

I must be going mad too, because I don't remember any of the other packs releasing on different days...?

I believe all expansion packs & the base game have been different days but not the game or stuff packs
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    Orderd from amazon. says it will dispatch 1st November,it's 1st and no dispatch......I assume they email you when it does?
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    pallies1 wrote: »

Haha! I'm from Sweden aswell, hello :smile: I'm a bit afraid of using the VPN-system, afraid it will mess up my other packs or something. So I'll just keep waiting. Just 2 more days..

Happy simming, I hope you get to enjoy the game big time now :smile: !

Ha ha more Swedes, small world sometimes :)

I have used VPN without a problem before. Currently I am waiting for my mods to be greenlighted. One more to check and I will be good to go.
  • Options
    I believe all expansion packs & the base game have been different days but not the game or stuff packs
    Ah! So I'm only half mad then :D

Thank you for answering.

I like threads like this, it builds the excitement up even more during the wait. Now I've gotta get ready and go to work where I can dream of City Living (in my lunch hour, of course!)
  • Options
    Orderd from amazon. says it will dispatch 1st November,it's 1st and no dispatch......I assume they email you when it does?
    They do normally email you, but you can check the status by going into your orders on Amazon to see if they have despatched it yet.
  • Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    kemisz wrote: »
    My pain is real. But I'm looking at it as an extra couple of days to get my Sims who are moving to the city, more time to prepare.

Still....

*weeping*

I'm doing this too...my sims are saving money so they can experience everything they can immediately :D

Says 12am Thursday for me. Hopefully I can download it before I go to bed
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    I am currently also waiting to be delivered a gift card so as to purchase the game for free!! :) I don't think it will be delivered till next week so the wait is longer for me :( I got tempted to order it anyway without the gift card but i say to myself ''don't do that, it is a stupid thing to do!'' ''you just have to patiently wait another week! I am trying to listen to my logical side right now and wait for this gift card!
    I want also to wait for another reason. I am getting a new desk this Sunday and i want to play this new EP on my new desk and my new chair!! I know this is plum! :p Lol! :p