Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You RULE!?

Comments

• Options
    I'm not diminishing anything, I'm just stating the facts.

top selling PC game of 2015
    5 million+ sales

TS4 is going nowhere but up, and there's no indication that they're in any sort of trouble, financially or otherwise. You have a right to hate on the game all you want, that doesn't negate its massive worldwide success.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    EA isn't forcing you to play anything. If you don't enjoy the game, you're free to remove the disc from your PC at any time. TS4 was the top selling PC game of 2015, so I think they've done an excellent job of "forcing" it on people, because the vast majority can't get enough of it.

That was then this is now, take another look. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,533 Member
    mortia wrote: »

5 million+ sales

TS4 is going nowhere but up, and there's no indication that they're in any sort of trouble, financially or otherwise. You have a right to hate on the game all you want, that doesn't negate its massive worldwide success.

Oh man, you are comedic gold.

Yeah, but it's really getting old. Time to exercise some forum management. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I guess that players have been left disapointed over the while apartments thing?

Well I myself am I terested to know how 'you rule' in TS4 when it has less customisation than TS3 yet in the TS3 days no one ever had to go around and say 'you rule' because really, we were doing that already.

Why have things changed so much?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    There haven't been any sales figures released. The 5 million button was never confirmed to be related to sales. I don't know why people keep spitting that line out.

Because parrots.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    edited September 2016
    For whatever it matters, COD is never a good example of a 'failing' game. It doesn't make millions. It makes billions with a B. A game in the series may not sell 'as well' as the last one, but that's largely irrelevant. There'd have to be a half dozen CODs that decline in succession each time in sales before it would start to matter in a real way, lol.

Oh, and also why people are going from COD to BF, if you think that's happening? Because COD puts a new coat of skin on the same gameplay each time. Which, by the way, tends to be the thing a lot of nay-sayers about this franchise actually want to happen. TS2 with new paint. TS3 with new paint. It gets old in COD and it would get old here. Even more so because unlike COD that only sells a few map packs or arms here and there, Sims has an extensive DLC system.

Pretty sure it doesn't matter how great TS2's apartments are if you see them 5 times in a row with new graphics thrown on. They'll still get old.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Maybe 'You Rule' doesn't mean you control everything in the game, but rather you can measure everything in the game and find yourself regretting that you can't do squat with it.
    raw
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »

5 million+ sales

Is that why the Executive Producer just hops ship and finds another job lol?

"Okay guys, Sims 4 is going nowhere but up so I'm gonna just quit and find another job!" - Said Rachel Franklin
    An executive producer is responsible for finishing the game on time and within the budget and other restrictions given by the company. Rachel wasn't the designer of the game or anything like that.

Maybe she became tired of the restrictions given to the developers by EA or maybe she just needed to try something else? We don't know. She has been in the business for 20 years and worked with very different projects as you can see on https://www.vbprofiles.com/people/rachel-franklin-53c047dd08085004530344ac
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    teaa5 wrote: »
    oh yes "You rule!!**

** To be precise, Dear customer, we rule and you just need to swallow everything what we have for you:)

Swallowed...didn't like the taste....spits out on dvd case...I mean disgrace....time for a new flavor....

awwww:((( * hugs*... I am still "in the waiting" mode... Seasons... this expansion will be a deal breaker or not for me. If I see seasons reduced to vacation worlds or anyhow reduced.. I will say my final bye to Sims 4.
    So disappointed with apartments too. I created 4 apartments for New Crest 2 with retail on the ground floor.. was so happy when they announced City Life and when I saw the trailer - I fell in love... now my heart is broken.. I can only be happy that I didn't pre-order the dam thing!! ( yes yes, I was about to pre-order it lol) Good that I have waited.. Now I will patiently wait for 50, 60% sale:) We can't have apartments in new worlds - no full price for you EA :) * bows*
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    !Simpkin wrote: »
    "You Rule" has left a bad taste in my mouth ever since the first time I opened CAS and was told I could not make several changes to a premade sim. Really?

We do NOT rule this game. For those who will use mods, MC Command Center makes our "ruling" somewhat better, but even so, there are still a lot of things I see "you can't do that" messages from.

I've been waiting for two years for someone to explain to me how You Rule applies to me being able to play this game, when there is so MUCH of it locked away from ALL of us, whether we use mods or not.

if you wanna rule so much, go join the Sims 4 developers team ;)

Mother May I?!!? :astonished:

lol :@)) Dam I miss the "lol" button:)))
    00.jpg

Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Pary wrote: »
    There haven't been any sales figures released. The 5 million button was never confirmed to be related to sales. I don't know why people keep spitting that line out.

It is one of techniques of manipulation - repeating, repeating, repeating. Firstly a person doesn't believe, laughs at it and so on.. but then when the other one keeps repeating the same thing over and over again, the other one start to have doubts, especially if some circumstances are correctly fulfilled. Then the person starts to believe that what actually was a lie from the beginning is the truth. This is why so many men and women fall for online manipulators :)

There is no factual confirmation whatsoever that sims 4 reached 5 mil except their pic and statement. Maxis does belongs to EA but is not a public part of the company so they do not need to show their figures every year.They can lie or they can say the truth - depends on them:) I always say.. believe in facts and your guts:)

And my guts say that EA did indeed reached that 5 mil but only because they have frequent sales on sims 4 base game and other expansions. Without it they would not reach it. I was shocked when I saw a base game sale within one year from the start of sims 4 series. This fact was only a confirmation for me of how bad this game is.
    Post edited by teaa5 on
    00.jpg

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    OPINION >> I don't see how anybody can play this game unmodded, without tearing their hair out. It makes me want to do that, vanilla.

I couldn't make it fun, until I started using mods to beat parts of it into submission. And to disable or tone down some of the nastier things EA has dropped on us, along the way.

Mad props to people who enjoy this game right out of the box. I've tried, several times, and I just can't seem to figure out how to do it.

I'm in for the long haul with (modded) Sims4, but I will not be *really* playing after the CL patch, until MC is updated to work with it.

Captain Obvious requires me to mention it may be a good idea to save your game file to your desktop before you patch for CL. Just in case it comes with a new "something" eater, like GT did with relationships. People were LIVID. Let's avoid that. ;)
  • Options
    @GaiaHypothesis Good reply :smile:

I think that we are all guilty of saying 'I don't want this in my game so no one else should have it either!' And this gets said about toddlers and Supernaturals a lot as well but in reality, these features should be avalable so anyone can use them if they wish.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    shadowicia wrote: »
    EA isn't forcing you to play anything. If you don't enjoy the game, you're free to remove the disc from your PC at any time. TS4 was the top selling PC game of 2015, so I think they've done an excellent job of "forcing" it on people, because the vast majority can't get enough of it.

It isn't that people can't get enough of it, it's because there are no other games like the Sims. If there was, I am sure Sims 4 wouldn't be doing so well.

I agree with this.. but then there is the older versions..

Yes, but people crave something new, so they turn to the Sims 4 in hopes it will be better. There are things I do like about Sims 4 but there is more I dislike, I usually play Sims 3 or Sims 2, but time to time I crave something new I go to Sims 4 and get disappointed.

I went back to Sims 3, Sims 2, and Sims Castaways..XD. I just can not stomach Sims 4 anymore. And I got the hours in it.. and try to think like great thoughts about this new vision and even try to play it like a different game (which it really is).. No go. And honestly if any other company put out a game like Sims 4.. I would not of bought it. I held The Sims in high regard as a gamer.. Not anymore pertaining to Sims 4.

And really what's the point of these new apartments? Nothing.

You Rule is a bold faced lie.. I rule more in the two MMOs I play than Sims 4.

Just noticed that the sims 3 is on sale at Steam for 75% off ($4.99)... a sims 3 bundle (base game with 3 expansions) is 85% off. For anybody who has only played ts4, now is a good time to try ts3 and see why so many of us are p oh'd.
  • Options
    Bagoas77 wrote: »

It isn't that people can't get enough of it, it's because there are no other games like the Sims. If there was, I am sure Sims 4 wouldn't be doing so well.

Yes, but people crave something new, so they turn to the Sims 4 in hopes it will be better. There are things I do like about Sims 4 but there is more I dislike, I usually play Sims 3 or Sims 2, but time to time I crave something new I go to Sims 4 and get disappointed.

I went back to Sims 3, Sims 2, and Sims Castaways..XD. I just can not stomach Sims 4 anymore. And I got the hours in it.. and try to think like great thoughts about this new vision and even try to play it like a different game (which it really is).. No go. And honestly if any other company put out a game like Sims 4.. I would not of bought it. I held The Sims in high regard as a gamer.. Not anymore pertaining to Sims 4.

Just noticed that the sims 3 is on sale at Steam for 75% off ($4.99)... a sims 3 bundle (base game with 3 expansions) is 85% off. For anybody who has only played ts4, now is a good time to try ts3 and see why so many of us are p oh'd.

Yes I would very strong recommend it! :grin:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »

If you buy the entirety of TS3 on Steam now it'd only be around $100 :open_mouth:
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I couldn't care less about CAW. Never used it.

You may not have, and honestly I never used it. I opened it once, shut it down and praised the great goodness that there were people out there like rflong7 that would put the time in to create BEAUTIFUL new worlds that they would share for FREE for the rest of us incompetents.

Can you imagine if there WAS such a thing for TS4 and people could come up with new beautiful worlds for your sims that they would share with you for free, without you having to put more money into EA's pockets? How in goodness name could you ever say that was a bad thing? Even if you never used a CC world, even if you would never buy anything other than what EA churns out how can you ever wish to limit that enjoyment for other people?

I never used the TS2 body shop either, but far be it for me to say it was useless and I would NEVER want anyone else to have something similar for this new game. Its just the craziest thing I hear on here.

"I don't like %%%%%% and I don't want it back because I never used it." ????

That would be like me saying "I only make Red haired sims, so they shouldn't make ANY MORE hair colours. EVER." and you see this so much. Like please... let's not make this game about having MORE options, lets see how few options we can have so that everyone can be playing the same looking game in the same limited way! Hoooray.

This just frustrates me to no end.

Well said!

--T
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    oh yes "You rule!!**

** To be precise, Dear customer, we rule and you just need to swallow everything what we have for you:)

Swallowed...didn't like the taste....spits out on dvd case...I mean disgrace....time for a new flavor....

awwww:((( * hugs*... I am still "in the waiting" mode... Seasons... this expansion will be a deal breaker or not for me. If I see seasons reduced to vacation worlds or anyhow reduced.. I will say my final bye to Sims 4.
    So disappointed with apartments too. I created 4 apartments for New Crest 2 with retail on the ground floor.. was so happy when they announced City Life and when I saw the trailer - I fell in love... now my heart is broken.. I can only be happy that I didn't pre-order the dam thing!! ( yes yes, I was about to pre-order it lol) Good that I have waited.. Now I will patiently wait for 50, 60% sale:) We can't have apartments in new worlds - no full price for you EA :) * bows*

My heart is still broken....it makes no sense to not have an expansion for nearly a year only for the "build mode" portion which is half the game in itself to be very limited. That was such a blow to the face when I woke up from unconsciousness I said "Dorothy am I in Kansas?" and a voice said :No fool your at Oz. Red slippers are not in fashion but you can go back to Kansas by clicking your heels three times in Nike's and repeat after me "Just Do it"!