Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You RULE!?

TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
edited September 2016 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
This was the slogan that was touted to be the vision for the sims 4. While I am an avid fan and love the game and will continue to purchase EPs, SPs and GPs. It's shortcomings and the recent trailer and news are very disappointing and I would like the developers to see and take note of this.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/789742/the-sims-4-create-a-world-petition-2121-signatures/p1 This thread regarding CAW and create a world has been around for almost 2 years with over 2k signatures yet we have gotten no response related to a feature that was available in previous iterations of the series. I do not want my sims to live in worlds that are built by EAs vision. I would like customization and freedom so I can truly rule.

This game does not feel like my game it feels like a game EA is forcing us to consume. I am not happy with the current state and I hope that City Life has better features and allows us more customization but given the recent revelations that apartments cannot be built in other towns along with many other limitations I do not know how to feel.

I would like to know how other simmers feel about the world customization options and the overall, upcoming EP CL in general. Keep things positive!
tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

Comments

• EA isn't forcing you to play anything. If you don't enjoy the game, you're free to remove the disc from your PC at any time. TS4 was the top selling PC game of 2015, so I think they've done an excellent job of "forcing" it on people, because the vast majority can't get enough of it.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I agree with the OP. I cannot play The Sims in a wot,d that I dannit even edit, in a game that will never feel like my own.

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    EA isn't forcing you to play anything. If you don't enjoy the game, you're free to remove the disc from your PC at any time. TS4 was the top selling PC game of 2015, so I think they've done an excellent job of "forcing" it on people, because the vast majority can't get enough of it.

Force may be a bad word. Because I don't feel forced because I do enjoy playing the game and I spend days/hours of my free time on it. I am just confused by the slogans and the way they promote the game if it does not live up entirely to those statements
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    shadowicia wrote: »
    EA isn't forcing you to play anything. If you don't enjoy the game, you're free to remove the disc from your PC at any time. TS4 was the top selling PC game of 2015, so I think they've done an excellent job of "forcing" it on people, because the vast majority can't get enough of it.

It isn't that people can't get enough of it, it's because there are no other games like the Sims. If there was, I am sure Sims 4 wouldn't be doing so well.

I agree with this.. but then there is the older versions..
  • shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    shadowicia wrote: »

It isn't that people can't get enough of it, it's because there are no other games like the Sims. If there was, I am sure Sims 4 wouldn't be doing so well.

I agree with this.. but then there is the older versions..

Yes, but people crave something new, so they turn to the Sims 4 in hopes it will be better. There are things I do like about Sims 4 but there is more I dislike, I usually play Sims 3 or Sims 2, but time to time I crave something new I go to Sims 4 and get disappointed.
  • shadowicia wrote: »

Well that's a poor argument. You don't play something just because it's one of a kind; you play something because you enjoy it. If people truly thought that The Sims 4 was a bad game, they wouldn't spend their money on it. They wouldn't spend their time on it. They wouldn't spend their time discussing it.

A stupid, bad, horrible, no-good, evil game is not going to sell 5 million copies and become the top selling PC game of 2015. The Sims 4 is a colossal success, it's just that the minority is more vocal in their hatred than the majority is in their praise.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Doesn't matter if the game sold 900 million copies...it still isn't living up to its slogan.
    I definitely rule in CAS, but that's about it.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I couldn't care less about CAW. Never used it.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    "You Rule" has left a bad taste in my mouth ever since the first time I opened CAS and was told I could not make several changes to a premade sim. Really?

We do NOT rule this game. For those who will use mods, MC Command Center makes our "ruling" somewhat better, but even so, there are still a lot of things I see "you can't do that" messages from.

I've been waiting for two years for someone to explain to me how You Rule applies to me being able to play this game, when there is so MUCH of it locked away from ALL of us, whether we use mods or not.

• shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    "You Rule" has left a bad taste in my mouth ever since the first time I opened CAS and was told I could not make several changes to a premade sim. Really?

We do NOT rule this game. For those who will use mods, MC Command Center makes our "ruling" somewhat better, but even so, there are still a lot of things I see "you can't do that" messages from.

I've been waiting for two years for someone to explain to me how You Rule applies to me being able to play this game, when there is so MUCH of it locked away from ALL of us, whether we use mods or not.

Maybe that's why they used actors on the first Sims commercials because they knew we couldn't rule in the game LOL.
  • Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    What exactly is so disappointing about the recent trailer and news?

The new features should be entertaining for a few hours at least and I can see that it's well-designed. I'm sure that there will be enough to do with the new building traits and associated functions, as well the new object collection, to make city life worthwhile for my characters. The ability to create apartments in the existing worlds would have been appreciated however I'll be able to work within the new environment as long as the livable spaces are fully rebuildable and that they haven't added any new restrictions on world objects/data.

It will be amusing to see what we can do with the new objects and situations within the existing worlds as well.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Trimoth wrote: »
    This game does not feel like my game it feels like a game EA is forcing us to consume. I am not happy with the current state and I hope that City Life has better features and allows us more customization but given the recent revelations that apartments cannot be built in other towns along with many other limitations I do not know how to feel.

Neither EA nor anyone else is forcing you to consume/buy a game. If you're unhappy with it, for goodness sake, DON'T BUY IT. Buying it only reinforces to EA that, hey!, people must like this because they're buying it! And they will shovel out more of the same.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member

if you wanna rule so much, go join the Sims 4 developers team ;)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    teaa5 wrote: »
    oh yes "You rule!!**

** To be precise, Dear customer, we rule and you just need to swallow everything what we have for you:)

Swallowed...didn't like the taste....spits out on dvd case...I mean disgrace....time for a new flavor....
  • EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2016
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    Trimoth wrote: »

Neither EA nor anyone else is forcing you to consume/buy a game. If you're unhappy with it, for goodness sake, DON'T BUY IT. Buying it only reinforces to EA that, hey!, people must like this because they're buying it! And they will shovel out more of the same.

So true! So I am thinking about not buying City Living because of the recent disappointing and shocking news about it unless this pack becomes all out-dated later and then costs less than 10 bucks or even zero. But I guess it will take about 5 or more years for the pack to be sold for free.
    Anyway, now that I am so disappointed at what they are doing, I should not buy the pack! :/
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    !Simpkin wrote: »

if you wanna rule so much, go join the Sims 4 developers team ;)

Mother May I?!!? :astonished: