Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The woohoo option isn't showing up

SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
...when I click on the bed or bush etc. Why is that? The couple's relationship is high enough, almost full. It comes up in the romantic interaction though but it's easier to click on an object and select woohoo. The female one is pregnant could it be cause of that?
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Comments

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited August 2016
    @Simpkin Sorry I thought you would have gotten some serious responses, just goes to show how dead the forums are today! The only advice I could offer is try repairing your game or testing if it works in a new save. Hopefully someone will give you a better answer.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    My first assumptions were that you had a glitched object, or perhaps your Sim hadn't had her "first kiss" with whoever she was trying to WooHoo with. But those really wouldn't make any sense, since none of the WooHoo-able objects are working and she's pregnant (assumingly with the Sim she's trying to WooHoo with? :p)

I'm not sure what else could be the problem, but maybe the fix is as simple as exiting your game and returning, or maybe repairing it. If you use any mods, that could be messing things up as well.
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    I've had the same problem several times in the past. I'm still not sure what causes it, but deleting and replacing the bed seems to fix it.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    The only time I have ever had that problem is what Devil said. If the two sims had yet initiated a first kiss ...

If they have, I would suggest bringing both interested partners in the room/area where the bed and/or bush is located and see if it comes up that way. Sometimes it is a proximity thing ... not sure why.

• Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    The only time I have ever had that problem is what Devil said. If the two sims had yet initiated a first kiss ...

If they have, I would suggest bringing both interested partners in the room/area where the bed and/or bush is located and see if it comes up that way. Sometimes it is a proximity thing ... not sure why.

Very true with the proximity thing. I've noticed that a few times... Though I'm unsure of why that happens.

But that reminded me to add; make sure that both Sims are actually on the home lot. The WooHoo option doesn't tend to appear if your Sims are standing off of the lot.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Out of all the woo-hoo places, I think I like teh closet the best ... so like all of my game woo-hoos are in there.

I like to bring both sims together in the same room for the woohoos anyways. Since they have to go and do the woohoo cheer before they do the woohoo anyway.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I had the same problem with my married sims. The bed was the issue. I think i had to move it.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I once rotated back to a family with a long-married couple, and relationship culling had left them still apparently waiting to have their first kiss!
  • Options
    My couple have kissed and woohood before without a problem. And recently the man was married to someone else and I didn't have the problem with him and his wife. Now that his with the female he impregnated, I don't get the option. But I will try and repurchase the beds and the bush and stuff.
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    I think it is a glitch and game repair is needed...I have a sim that has not romantic or family aspiration but has no trouble in that line.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    Try selling and rebuying the bed and see if that helps.
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @Simpkin sometimes deleting the localthumbcache.package file from your TheSims4 folder helps to clear out glitches and such. It is 100% safe to do and is quicker than a repair and uses no internet.
    Repairing your game is good to do when there are missing assets... for example sometimes you get that faded llama in the sims action queue... a repair sorts that out.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    I'll try the cache thing...one more question though: could it be that they're not in a relationship or married that I don't get the option? Their friendship and romance bars are full but they're not officially committed. I'm starting to think that could be it or.. I dunno.
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    If each of the romance bars are full they should be able to woohoo anywhere you are able. Good luck with this, hope you get it fixed soon.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Ugh. I still need help with this. I just got them in a relationship, woohoo didn't work. Engaged, no luck. Married, still nothing.
    It's so weird. I bought the closet to try and see if it works on that and I only get the option to make out in there.
    Ugh, I'm at loss.

edit: I moved the cache thingy aswell.
  • Options
    Wow, this is really weird. How about saving them to your library, starting a new game and dropping them into it and se if they can woohoo in your new game?

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Paneth48Paneth48 Posts: 134 Member
    only time Ive had that problem is when I was 'living' at my sims store or restraunt.
  • Options
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Wow, this is really weird. How about saving them to your library, starting a new game and dropping them into it and se if they can woohoo in your new game?

Will they lose their jobs, friendships or completed collections?

They're definitely not living at a community lot.
  • Options
    Okay, i tried evicting them and moving them back in. Still nothing.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Have you tried the same couple in a new game? This is just to test.... keep your saved game but just drop them into a new game to see...

• Options
    Okay, will do tomorrow.
  • Options
    It might also be worth saving their house to your library. Move them temporarily out onto an empty lot. (use the 'move household' option on phone, they will keep jobs and friends etc). Bulldoze house and replace from your library. Then using the phone 'move household' option again, move them back in.

It's easy to do and will only take you a few moments. Save your game just before you start and then if something goes wrong you can always quit without saving and your game will still be fine.

• Options
    SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    Hi @Simpkin

- Do you use mods? If so, could one of those be causing this?
    - If it's not mod related, would you be willing to send me the affected save file(s)?
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • Options
    I'm not using any mods.

I will try what NZsimm3r suggested, maybe it gets fixed like that. If not I'll send my saves.
  • Options
    @Simpkin it's always good to send saves with weird glitches if you can. You can still try out my suggestions etc but if it is a real bug then getting a coding fix will always be better then having to jump through hoops in-game to try to find a way to make the game work properly. :)

@SimQARobo can always send you instructions on how to send a file.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top