Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Concept Art?

Comments

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    They need to redo all the oceans also if they want to make swimming possible, since in it's current state its deco and like previously mentioned before; not routeable. Lot's of just FX effects going on..
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It's the same as wanting them to make it possible to pet the sheep. They are fx and not real in game sheep.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    It's the same as wanting them to make it possible to pet the sheep. They are fx and not real in game sheep.

Yup. FX is all there is. Still wondering what they will do when we get a Seasons EP with all the plum backdrops.
  • Options
    That's a lot of repainting of backdrops which is why I think we will get weather only in vacation packs.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    That's a lot of repainting of backdrops which is why I think we will get weather only in vacation packs.

That's what I fear too. Would be extremely plummed up. But it's still TS4, so yeah it would fit within their ''vision''.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Wasn't a Sims 1 EP featuring 'season themed' neighborhoods?
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    Yep, TS1 did seasons almost exactly like how that one TS4 survey describes them. It had a vacation sub-neighborhood that was both summer and winter themed.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Yep, TS1 did seasons almost exactly like how that one TS4 survey describes them. It had a vacation sub-neighborhood that was both summer and winter themed.

Yes, but that was TS1. That was 2000. Now we are like 16 years later, so it's not too much to ask or expect a normal Seasons EP with Seasons within all worlds rather than just tied to maps. If that will be the case really, it only shows more how lazy and simple/cheap they want to make this game.

I wonder what the next EP will be, and by the ''leaked concept'' I fear for the next EP. I don't see a tropical world as one of the absolutely ''it's on the priority'' list things, but SGdrake loves it (ofcourse) so I don't expect it to be a family related EP or whatever. It's probably indeed something completely random and something we didn't ask for for the past two years.

We will see. I can't wait (with popcorn).
  • Options
    I think the next EP will be one that has been requested but not a tropical one, one of the basics.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    If they add seasons I hope we will get disasters with it!
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited August 2016
    I don't play often as it is, but I'll stop playing completely if seasons are tied to vacations. I can't play the full lifespan of the game in eternally sunny weather.

Also I'm starting to think this might be an SP concept, since it seems to be mainly showing off decor. Would not be surprised if another SP was released sometime in the next quarter
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Yes, but that was TS1. That was 2000. Now we are like 16 years later, so it's not too much to ask or expect a normal Seasons EP with Seasons within all worlds rather than just tied to maps. If that will be the case really, it only shows more how lazy and simple/cheap they want to make this game.

I wonder what the next EP will be, and by the ''leaked concept'' I fear for the next EP. I don't see a tropical world as one of the absolutely ''it's on the priority'' list things, but SGdrake loves it (ofcourse) so I don't expect it to be a family related EP or whatever. It's probably indeed something completely random and something we didn't ask for for the past two years.

With how limited everything is I see The Sims 4 as The Sims 1.5 its limited as The Sims 1 but in full 3D as a prototype for a concept for The Sims 2 which is still even better in itself at this rate.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

With how limited everything is I see The Sims 4 as The Sims 1.5 its limited as The Sims 1 but in full 3D as a prototype for a concept for The Sims 2 which is still even better in itself at this rate.

Waiting for a the sims 3 2.0 ngl
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    littlearchitectlittlearchitect Posts: 277 Member

He only said it's unlikely to happen in existing worlds. So I guess we still have hope for upcoming worlds.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon__gif___fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dayfe38.gif
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited August 2016
    Just found this from SimsVip.

24ecfv8.png

The styles of the objects look great. I really love the look of the outdoor shower. According to the picture, it could be a beach area with those outdoor objects. And I assume those from the right side are the interior design/structure of the bungalows? Please make it happen EA! I've been craving for a beach world...
    Beach world will be kinda meh if we still can't swim in oceans.

Most likely that will be added in the patch before the world releases.

There's a post on here where one of the guru's said the sims will NOT be able to swim in the oceans the way the game was originally made.

Here it is:
    TheSimer wrote: »
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

He only said it's unlikely to happen in existing worlds. So I guess we still have hope for upcoming worlds.

And maybe as early as the next expansion pack.
  • Options
    They also said pools are not possible but we got them in a patch not long after release. o:)
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    They also said pools are not possible but we got them in a patch not long after release. o:)

They never said pools were not possible. They said the opposite actually.
  • Options
    xmeghnaxxmeghnax Posts: 42 Member
    @MDianaSanders I love love love your backyard!
  • Options
    SimsFanatic2688SimsFanatic2688 Posts: 222 Member

I highly doubt its going to happen.
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    Swimming in the ocean will most likely not come pre patch as I remember one of the gurus saying the current oceans will never be routable.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I think what they'll do is create a vacation world like Granite falls, where Sims can go to the beach and swim in the ocean. Or they might create a liveable beach world and create routing for the oceans there. It's only the current oceans that are unroutable, they never said its impossible to create routable oceans.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Either way it seems as though sims will be unable to swim in oceans at least for the time being. But I find it doubtful that they would add that in later.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Either way it seems as though sims will be unable to swim in oceans at least for the time being. But I find it doubtful that they would add that in later.

They would have no problem adding that to a new world with oceans.