Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel about the lack of EP3 news/any news *honest thoughts*

Comments

• Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    They just put out 2 stuff packs and a game pack. It's summer. They deserve a break. I'm happy to give them a couple months off. I'll start complaining again in the fall.
  • Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    edited July 2016
    I honestly can't understand what is taking them so long. Is this delay because of the company's lack of skills in technology and animations(, which I doubt a little bit since for me the game base is pretty awesome so far except that there are not many major packs released to be added on the base game), its financial problem, or else ? I might never know why.

Some say that they do not feel the need of a new expansion pack because they have got many more things to do in the game, but personally I think the more the merrier no matter what my situation is. I have been longing for a next big thing only to get frustrated by this slow and silent company's move.

I enjoy the game with all EPs and GPs, and some SPs I bought, by the way. But I feel the same way about the lack of EPs and delay as you.
  • Options
    BrattonMattonBrattonMatton Posts: 896 Member
    It's so obvious they don't want to talk about it....
  • Options
    @PHOEBESMOM601 Yeah, but I get a three weeks of vacation in my job. Maybe they knew a lot of people are out of the office right now? That's why they loaded us up with packs is late spring/ early summer.
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    How do I feel about EP3 not being announced at all so far?

Imagine the Sim on the left in my avatar, in a corner, hugging his knees, rocking and humming the Sims 3 main theme to himself with a crazy, staring look into his eyes.

That is how I feel.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    equuest wrote: »
    I think i'll be okay without news for a while too, I still haven't explored all the possibilities related to previous packs. Such as the doctor and scientist careers, owning a restaurant, etc. I'm also trying to build all the worlds and populate them with my sims for a worldwide rotational gameplay. I plan to do this one neighborhood at a time until everyone in that neighborhood is successful (built houses, etc) then move onto the next neighborhood. I think I have a lot to keep me busy for a while.

This is roughly me, too. I've still done just one and a half active careers, haven't even used the Voidcritters (sorry! my Sim wanted the puppet theater first), have all sorts of regular careers and other gameplay I've not explored yet. And summer is when I have less time, not more, for Simming - so many summer-only things to do, time away visiting family or with family visiting here... and my husband travels for work less in the summer, so I'm not avoiding the TV so I don't get ahead of him in our shows. (Well, except this week.) And if we can't get anything before October-December, honestly? I don't need months of hyping it. Sometimes all that does is make we set aside playing, because I want to play after that thing comes out, not before. So yeah, I'm okay. I hope the next EP is one I want, but if not, I can live with that too :)

That's exactly how I feel. As soon as we get news I want to pause my game and wait for the new content. This break is going to allow me to catch up on a lot of stuff. And like you, lots of real life summer fun things planned so less time for gaming anyway.
  • Options
    asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    It makes me feel like I made the right decision not buying the Sims 4. I come back to the forum from time to time to see if the game has started to look up. Each time I am disappointed.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited July 2016
    imhappy wrote: »
    @PHOEBESMOM601 Yeah, but I get a three weeks of vacation in my job. Maybe they knew a lot of people are out of the office right now? That's why they loaded us up with packs is late spring/ early summer.

If you're working on content for the fall to holiday selling season this is when the work would be done so I doubt management would allow to the office to be depleted too much.
    Post edited by PHOEBESMOM601 on
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    imhappy wrote: »

If you're working on content for the fall to holiday selling season this is when the work would be done so I doubt management would allow to the office to be depleted to much.

Fair point. I don't know office schedules for them, I'm only basing it on how my work goes.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    when it comes, it comes.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Used to it since it's nothing new since the "era" of TS4 began.

But I look forward to see what they will be doing. IMO, first pack was badly designed in almost every regard, the second was pretty bare in content, and the third will be a large indicator of what we can expect from further packs.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @PHOEBESMOM601 Yes! Me, too.! :D
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    For those who might not get the reference

1992.gif
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I'm slightly disappointed and really curious to see what EA/Maxis has in store for the next EP. Don't get me wrong, I actually like TS4... but I'm anxious to see what EP3's theme is and if it'll will bring back basic missing content (i.e either NPCs, toddlers, lounge chairs, etc).
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited July 2016
    EP3? Maybe it'll come during the holiday season to help boost base game sales. Maybe it'll come early next year at the end of FY2017 to give a little boost to EA's earnings for the end of the fiscal year. Maybe it'll come in the spring as part of FY2018. Or maybe, just maybe, there is no EP3, but they keep telling us there's still an EP team to keep people invested into this game.

They think this is fun. Getting teasers and cryptic images and messages that will self-destroy after viewing them is not fun. No matter how much they try to rationalize their actions, this is not the norm in any of the other gaming communities I'm a part of. There's something seriously wrong deep down with the way this game is being run - a kernel panic - an internal fatal error from which it cannot safely recover if the studio doesn't take some action. And I'm thinking that the studio doesn't know how to recover from this kernel panic that the game seems to be suffering from.
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    Honestly, I don't see any valid reason to support or endorse the product while there is nothing for any intelligent player to do with it and only educated parents will find value in sharing of graphic entertainment products with their children so The Sims 4 in it's current state is worthless.

If the next release isn't an expansion then it's reasonable to consider the product dead.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    A bit sad. I miss the days of enthusiasm over what's to come... :(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    How do I feel?
    Dissapointed because I'm ready for an Expansion Announcement.

That said however I'm extremely happy with Dine Out and Backyard Stuff. I'm still enjoying sending my sims to restaurants to dine and I love the waterslides.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Unsurprised.

I took them at their word that the only paid content we'd get this quarter would be Backyard Stuff. I'm not clamouring for an EP, or news of it. They're working on it. They've said so. Good enough. It'll come when it comes. All of the '...but I want news' isn't going to bring it, so I won't waste energy asking for it.

I'll play what I have while I wait.