Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel about the lack of EP3 news/any news *honest thoughts*

Comments

• Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I feel like they do not have any confident in what they are doing in the Sims 4. Reasons for saying this because they are doing their best to stay silent and make no effort in being honest. Yes they may say "we've giving you guys a quarterly teaser with no expectation".This is nonsense marketing! What do you guys have to be ashame of? In the past you guys was so proud of your hard work.This is such a bad move on your marketing team. :(
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited July 2016
    I don't really feel positively or negatively about it, I realize that there are going to be dry periods when hardly any contents comes out, which was practically every three months in previous iterations. All I can do is wait and whilst I do want the Pack to release sooner rather than later, I'm not one who likes everything rushed, in the end I feel it's better if they have as much time as they want for the EP.
    Post edited by Prink34320 on
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Maybe EP3 is taking so long because they can't get something to work right. Maybe the game engine makes it harder to do eps.

I saw this suggested by someone.
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    How do I feel... I feel like everyone keeps saying, "well it'll be a year without an EP BUT as long as it's really great, mind blowing, unbelievably good I don't mind waiting" but that's really the problem- it's been SO LONG that SO MANY people are going to expect SO MUCH that it'll never live up to the non-existent hype based on nothing, anymore than it would live up to hype based on hints, puzzles, leaked pictures of Olympus from 2010 or whatever. The thing is without clear cut news about developments and the future direction of the game hype will fill the information void even if it's just the steadily growing assumption that taking a lot of time means a better (MUCH BETTER!) product as opposed to just a short staff or problems adapting an online engine to offline play. So, I feel like there will be a major meltdown when the EP is eventually announced because the dream filling the empty gap right now will never be lived up to.

The world today is not the world of 2004 when the Sims 2 was released. Tossing in an ad card with a few picture and a couple of lines of text in the box with the new Stuff Pack does not really satisfy what people want. People expect instant information in a steady well fleshed out manner that explains exactly what's going on- that's what we get constantly in a Twitter/Instagram/Facebook feed world and that's not going away. Any company that can not adapt itself to that reality- no matter what the legal/boardroom/marketing reason may be- will ultimately leave disappointment in it's wake and ultimately do itself and it's fans a disservice.

IMHO That's what I feel.

No, we're not saying that anymore since the general attitude tells us that there was never any community in the first place and that external input isn't really appreciated therefore we want to see the product corrected immediately.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I'm fine, I have a lot of things left to do in the game, and no EP until Fall gives me time to work on some of my mods, so I'm not bored at all.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited July 2016
    imhappy wrote: »
    They just put out 2 stuff packs and a game pack. It's summer. They deserve a break. I'm happy to give them a couple months off. I'll start complaining again in the fall.

You know they have vacations right? Also that announcement or no announcement they are still working, so any news won't kill them.
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    NatachaNatacha Posts: 64 Member
    Well, back in the sims 2 days i used to be very active on both the danish website and the "original" website.
    And i have never before felt this.. frustration. They didn't have twitter, facebook etc. back then but anyway i felt way more in touch with what was going on. I felt like a PART of the Sims.. Now i just feel like im in the way.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited July 2016
    I think this new disclosure policy is just plain tedious and irritating. All I can think is if they need to do it this way for accounting reasons there must be some rather interesting financial circumstances they are having to juggle with!
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I think this new disclosure policy is just plain tedious and irritating. All I can think is if they need to do it this way for accounting reasons there must be some rather interesting financial circumstances they are having to juggle with!

I don't see what difference it makes while there is so little community interest in extending the product. The length of time between releases is irrelevant if the player finds no replay value since they'll be bored within minutes after installation regardless of how good the content is.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Everyone is like "they just had several packs in a row" and I'm sitting here like y'all realize stuff packs have like barely any gameplay right? No one gives a hoot that we got a bunch of new hair or clothes. While nice and all, I want, nay NEED gameplay. I NEED more space for the lots I have and for the neighborhood I want to play. I barely play because if I do I run out of space and become extremely bored since all the gameplay added in the 2 years was able to be completed in a matter of a month of consistent play. Get together and Get to work were NOT real expansions they barely had any content compared to prior expansions. Half baked systems at that. Get together literally needs stuff packs because half the clubs all end up being the same otherwise, the lack of activities really killed it. This point EP3 better actually be a real expansion or they can just forget it. I'm not interested in buying half-baked product.

Stuffpacks don't give gameplay correct but their objects do take for instance the waterslide. Builders have made community water parks with them and I send my sims there to waterslide.

• Options
    littlearchitectlittlearchitect Posts: 277 Member
    edited July 2016
    A few days ago I made a post too about whether they can tease EP3 or not because the quarterly teaser didn't hint at EP3. I'm sure some people including me are thinking that EP3 will be awesome as it is in production for a long time. But I'm afraid that EP3 might not live up to our expectations after we have waited for months. I'm also really curious to know what the theme of the pack will be. :|

I just want to know what is with their policy of not discussing about future content? I mean we are not asking about content from a year ahead. Even if they are not entirely done with EP3, can't they at least show us something from the pack? Did they start doing teasers because simmers requested them? IMO, it's not like "Our team is very proud to show you the teaser. It's more like "Here you go. Teaser for your inquisitive mind". And the teaser did not hold many hints too (mostly the quarterly teaser) which upsets me. I'm looking forward to the next teaser around October or November but I'm not holding my breath though.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon__gif___fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dayfe38.gif
  • Options
    Misssolo104Misssolo104 Posts: 5 New Member
    After months of anxious waiting, I am now officially <del>dead</del> surrounded by peaceful thoughts inside. Whenever youre ready to release announcement or a pack, EA, I don't care about it any more.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    EpicSims wrote: »
    I honestly can't understand what is taking them so long. Is this delay because of the company's lack of skills in technology and animations(, which I doubt a little bit since for me the game base is pretty awesome so far except that there are not many major packs released to be added on the base game), its financial problem, or else ? I might never know why.

Some say that they do not feel the need of a new expansion pack because they have got many more things to do in the game, but personally I think the more the merrier no matter what my situation is. I have been longing for a next big thing only to get frustrated by this slow and silent company's move.

I enjoy the game with all EPs and GPs, and some SPs I bought, by the way. But I feel the same way about the lack of EPs and delay as you.
    This is kind of how I feel. They have a team on each type of pack, so I don't understand why we can't at least have an idea of what we are getting at the Gamescom. Two EPs and two years sounds light to me and with a game engine that is suppose to be superior to S3 I thought they would have an easier time adding content. I guess my gameplay is off since there are no toddlers and it takes more to keep me interested. Unlike many I actually enjoyed toddlers.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    Frustated and impatient, specially when you are expecting a Generations EP.

Same. :/
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    It's obvious that they are struggling to make new EPs fit the low minimum requirements. Why did they resort to relationship culling, which I don't think has been addressed yet by the way, unless it was a last ditch desperate attempt to save computing resources in any manner possible? They've run out of room because the engine is horrible and the minimum requirements a joke. I predict that the next EP will be the last EP. They'll do a lot more SP because those don't affect computing resources in the same way, but the very last EP for Sims 4 will be launched later this year.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I feel BAAAAAAAAAAD about it and very pessimistic. I feel that Sims 4 life cycle has come to an end. It feels as if EA is shutting down production for Sims 4. Maybe they are offering 2 -3 SPs and then comes the bye bye news.

This is how I feel. I love TS4 and I don't want it to end that tragically. It was launched with lots of negativity, at least I wish it will get its due like the other games but from the way I see things going on it does not seem all is going well.

No EP or one EP is NOT ACCEPTABLE
    At least there has to be 2 EPs as a minimum every year.

The ideal is : 2 EPs, 2 GPs, 2 SPs. If EA wants to go higher on SPs that is fine but not on the expense of EPs and GPs.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited July 2016
    I wouldn't mind the wait if I knew the end product is worth it but unfortunately TS4 has taught me not to expect much.

I would love a little tease. A word, a riddle, a sneaky picture. Some sort of little "leak" that would get us excited and would add some spark to the forum. I'm bored at the moment.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    pinkangelsimpinkangelsim Posts: 389 Member
    A bit sad. I miss the days of enthusiasm over what's to come... :(

I also feel the same way! I miss the excitement of coming to the forums to read news about the next EP, getting my game guide ( sometimes they would come out before the game) and I miss the excitement of others who share the same love of the sims with me. I'm starting to waiver on my feelings of this games "potential", I guess we will wait and see.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I don't mind waiting, I do mind it when it's the only EP this year and no news has arived yet.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I'm enjoying the game and have no urgent need for new content, but I am a bit worried about where this game is going. We're getting so little core gameplay, I don't see how there will be enough time (that is, if TS4 lasts only for the expected 5 years) to get all the main features we want. I'm starting to think that I can't take for granted we'll have pets, seasons and university education. And that makes me feel sad. I really hope they'll prove all the pessimists wrong and give us awesome versions of all the fan favorites!
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I've waited and waited and waited I'm done waiting and what was the teaser besides that gif in which I didn't get nothing out of it except that it was for backyard stuff so again all this waiting I'm done waiting.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited July 2016
    @azxcvbnm321 I'm afraid I do agree they appear to be struggling. When I watched the live stream for Kids Room, I thought they were in a better place as far as creativity and productivity goes. I think I was wrong in assuming that is the case with the EP team. The team working on the SPs is churning out content like champs. The game pack team has been oddly quiet since the release of Dine Out. And the team working on the next EP? They seem to be missing in action and are probably being held hostage in the lunchroom by the marketing team. I am kidding, of course. EA says they encourage speculation and input from the fans and I just wanted to add my two cents worth of speculation about what has happened with the EP team. Where'd they go? But something is wrong, seriously wrong, or a third EP would have been released or announced long before now. And all the jokes, speculation, leaks, gifs, etc. can't take the place of hard facts.

Even though I like what the game and stuff packs bring to my gaming experience, I have to wonder if this is how we will be getting all future content. Let's just say it wouldn't break my heart if that is the direction EA wants to take. The stuff packs bring new bits of game play that don't have glitches that take months to resolve. The game packs have had a few bugs but there are fixes, or ways to work around them. So, if we won't be getting EPs on a regular basis, and they bring problems when we do get them, why not game and stuff packs instead? I don't want a repeat of TS3 this time around. Many of us dealt with a multitude of problems every time a new EP was released. EPs have always had issues. I can't remember any one of them not causing a problem or breaking something the teams had fixed via a patch.

But the least EA could do at this point, is to simply tell us the truth. We're grown ups. We can handle just about anything except being ignored. And we are being ignored, there is no doubt in my mind about that. Are they afraid if they do take the game and stuff pack route we're going to stop buying new content? If the content is done well and fits my style of play, I will buy it. I will take quality over quantity any day.

This silence has dragged on for months. Even though TS4 is very different from the others, does that mean EA has to be secretive about the release of a new EP? If the EPs are too expensive and complicated, fine. Get it out in the open and give the fans a break. Honesty will win our respect. The silences and subterfuge get EA nothing for their efforts. Just a whole lot of fans that are quickly losing interest in playing TS4.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    Natacha wrote: »
    Well, back in the sims 2 days i used to be very active on both the danish website and the "original" website.
    And i have never before felt this.. frustration. They didn't have twitter, facebook etc. back then but anyway i felt way more in touch with what was going on. I felt like a PART of the Sims.. Now i just feel like im in the way.
    yep

the customer seems to be in the way of EA's & The Sims Team's visions
    & the player seems to be in the way of how the game has to be played
    that's how TS4 & TS4's development feels to me too

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA