Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel about the lack of EP3 news/any news *honest thoughts*

I'm sure by now many of you have heard The Sims 4 will not be presenting anything at Gamescom this year, that leaves us with the Question; When is EP3 coming!? I'm honestly disappointed, we heard EP3 was being worked on way back in November last year by SimGuruDaniel and then this year we got our first quarterly teaser...things were looking up, then we got our second. The second teaser only showed Backyard stuff and many of us were thinking that EP3 was absent from the teaser as it would most likely be at Gamescom. Strangely just as we thought communication between us and the people working on the game was improving, it's all gone downhill again. TS4 turns two years old in September and we've only had 2 expansion packs. In my opinion I think more people should be hired/moved from other teams to help with the production of EPs because Get together was announced almost a year ago...

How do you guys feel about it all?

Comments

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I'm sure by now many of you have heard The Sims 4 will not be presenting anything at Gamescom this year, that leaves us with the Question; When is EP3 coming!? I'm honestly disappointed, we heard EP3 was being worked on way back in November last year by SimGuruDaniel and then this year we got our first quarterly teaser...things were looking up, then we got our second. The second teaser only showed Backyard stuff and many of us were thinking that EP3 was absent from the teaser as it would most likely be at Gamescom. Strangely just as we thought communication between us and the people working on the game was improving, it's all gone downhill again. TS4 turns two years old in September and we've only had 2 expansion packs. In my opinion I think more people should be hired/moved from other teams to help with the production of EPs because Get together was announced almost a year ago...

How do you guys feel about it all?

I really feel that I would rather wait for a decent pack then to have them churn them out to meet a deadline or something. I am patient I can wait. But I just hope the wait is worth it. I actually like that they are doing these stuff packs the way they are it seems to me that they are giving us content that they can fix, like they fixed the glitch with the water slide right away. I just wish they would go back and fix everything that needs fixing. Like the dreaded culling! If they did that made the pack and then fixed what is wrong with it if anything then it would be a good thing. I also hope they take this time in between packs to clean up some of the stuff that is in need.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I feel like we'll get EP3 in the last quarter which is October-December, with the teaser in October. News wise, I don't mind the lack of it only because I have other things on my mind, such as moving and school starting in 3 weeks. But if those things weren't going on in my life, then yea I'd be really upset about the lack of info.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited July 2016
    Frustated and impatient, specially when you are expecting a Generations EP.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    I'm good. I have a pretty long to do list in my game that will keep me busy for the next couple of months.
  • Options
    ElliecakeElliecake Posts: 59 Member
    It definitely is concerning but I'm keeping hopeful that the delay is due to something amazing coming down the line. I hope that when the EP is finally released, we'll all think it was worth the wait. I
    Check out my channel, EllieSims , for your daily dose of CAS videos! ❤
  • Options
    TheOrangeBird01TheOrangeBird01 Posts: 171 Member
    I'm disappointed to say the least. The Sims 4 has so much potential and the Sims team isn't doing anything about it, in my opinion. I wish they would just announce something at Gamescom even if it's just an announcement of an announcement!
    tmKZ8py62rDk4.gif
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Bored and disappointed. Even with the new teasers (which I appreciate), the hush hush policy on any sort of info is killing me. Thankfully I'm playing nearly everything but TS4 now so it's not like I have nothing to play, but I do wish I'd get something to draw me back in cause there are some parts of it I enjoy.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    Well, they just dumped a TON of content on us the past two months, so I'm good for now. Around September and I might have a different opinion. I kind of wish they'd spaced it out a little more, but no biggie. I'm hoping that the coming months will have huge glorious bug fixes, removal of relationship culling and decay, and a nice patched in treat. But who knows.

I also expect EP3 sometime around October-December.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    I've got plenty of stuff to do in my game atm, so I'm happy to wait as long as it takes for EP3. But I do wish they would tell us something new, just something to get us excited about because there certainly isn't much excitement in this community right now. :(
  • Options
    equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    I think i'll be okay without news for a while too, I still haven't explored all the possibilities related to previous packs. Such as the doctor and scientist careers, owning a restaurant, etc. I'm also trying to build all the worlds and populate them with my sims for a worldwide rotational gameplay. I plan to do this one neighborhood at a time until everyone in that neighborhood is successful (built houses, etc) then move onto the next neighborhood. I think I have a lot to keep me busy for a while.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Bored and disappointed. Even with the new teasers (which I appreciate), the hush hush policy on any sort of info is killing me.

I agree with that. I'd appreciate it if they at least shared what their "vision" of this game is. In a perfect world I wish they would just release a non-gameplay "concept" trailer (like the one they released when they announced TS2 where the woman stripped off and the kid set stuff on fire) which showed us where they would like to get with TS4 in the coming years (eg showing cars, showing toddlers, showing whatever ideas they have in the drawing board). They could add a very big disclaimer stating that the trailer does not represent actual gameplay and that its just ideas they would like to implement in the future (no promises there). I just want to know where this game is going and if I should keep investing my time and money on it. But that's NEVER gonna happen...
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    At the moment I do not feel the need for a new EP. With the internet there's always another challenge to play or mod to try out that the official releases become just one thing among many to look forward to.
    Also The Sims is just one of many games that I play, so I'm several months behind those who play every day.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm actually not too agitated about it. To me, they'll tell us about the next EP when they tell us, and if it's taking a long time then that hopefully means that they're really digging in and trying to make it a truly worth-while release. Yes, an announcement would be nice...but I also understand that due to some funky legal madness having to do with how content releases are linked, they can't always tell us what we want or need to know.

So, I'll just chill here and wait, enjoying the expansions I already have. I'll grab "Get Together" and "Spa Day" around my birthday and that'll tide me over until the next EP is announced and released. Huh. I guess there is one good thing about not buying every pack right when it's released after all...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    equuest wrote: »
    I think i'll be okay without news for a while too, I still haven't explored all the possibilities related to previous packs. Such as the doctor and scientist careers, owning a restaurant, etc. I'm also trying to build all the worlds and populate them with my sims for a worldwide rotational gameplay. I plan to do this one neighborhood at a time until everyone in that neighborhood is successful (built houses, etc) then move onto the next neighborhood. I think I have a lot to keep me busy for a while.

This is roughly me, too. I've still done just one and a half active careers, haven't even used the Voidcritters (sorry! my Sim wanted the puppet theater first), have all sorts of regular careers and other gameplay I've not explored yet. And summer is when I have less time, not more, for Simming - so many summer-only things to do, time away visiting family or with family visiting here... and my husband travels for work less in the summer, so I'm not avoiding the TV so I don't get ahead of him in our shows. (Well, except this week.) And if we can't get anything before October-December, honestly? I don't need months of hyping it. Sometimes all that does is make we set aside playing, because I want to play after that thing comes out, not before. So yeah, I'm okay. I hope the next EP is one I want, but if not, I can live with that too :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JakeSims102JakeSims102 Posts: 17 New Member
    I'm to the point to where I'm about to start a petition on here. They need to tease something. A leaked render or concept art image will not kill them. @SimGuruDrake can say all she wants about not being ready. However, I feel that the community has been anticipating this since early spring of 2016 and is disappointed when no news whatsoever has surfaced. When you have a SimGuru who talks about working on an EP in December, and has said nothing since, you must understand that you are misleading the fans and disappointing the community after not giving any information about that content 7 months after the statement. This is getting ridiculous. A concept art image or a render of a few sims that features a few pieces of new content from an upcoming EP will not give away anything that "they aren't ready for." They can not keep the community dragging along by a leash while they continue to rudely and disrespectfully not communicate with us. They continue to release minor packs to make a profit (and for no other reason, do not listen to claims made otherwise) and it is actually getting me really angry. The team no longer cares about the community as much as they used to. And, if they do, they don't show it. If they did care, they would have released a teaser image to quell fan disapproval. Even the Sims Community, one of the most supportive fan sites, released an article condemning the Sims team for not releasing Expansion content. I am angry and so are most people on this forum and other social sites. Yet they only respond to people who cheer them on and give supportive comments. It's too bad for the team that even those people are disappointed now.
  • Options
    IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    I could be upset, but I'm honestly ok. Although we are waiting for such a major addition from an expansion pack, the recent stuff packs and 1 game pack have quenched my thirst for now. I'm only saying this because I would like for ep3 to be worked on decently and not rushed. I don't want them to release a half baked/half done pack and then there's tons of errors or lack of content that should be completed.

Yes, I wish that we could at least know what it is they are working on or what to expect in these upcoming packs, but we could let them do their job and we just continue enjoying our lives. At the end of the day, people would agree/disagree with the devs choices. I think they already made a HUGE mistake when they released the base game of TS4, by giving us all a rushed and barely completed game, but I do see some sort of progress and how they are trying to improve it. It may not be at the speed we senior simmers (ts1, ts2 and ts3 players) are used to, but with the new experimentation of the 'live service', I do see some hope.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    How do I feel?

I feel good. I enjoy the game, I enjoy the content I do have. I'm not focusing much on the next shiny thing, I am enjoying what I got at this moment.
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    I'm waiting with trepidation, but no impatience. This EP is the last chance I am giving Maxis. If it does not improve the game for me, then I will be giving up on The Sims 4. I've waited long enough for them to make the game playable for me.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    equuest wrote: »

This is roughly me, too. I've still done just one and a half active careers, haven't even used the Voidcritters (sorry! my Sim wanted the puppet theater first), have all sorts of regular careers and other gameplay I've not explored yet. And summer is when I have less time, not more, for Simming - so many summer-only things to do, time away visiting family or with family visiting here... and my husband travels for work less in the summer, so I'm not avoiding the TV so I don't get ahead of him in our shows. (Well, except this week.) And if we can't get anything before October-December, honestly? I don't need months of hyping it. Sometimes all that does is make we set aside playing, because I want to play after that thing comes out, not before. So yeah, I'm okay. I hope the next EP is one I want, but if not, I can live with that too :)

Don't forget about the upcoming August and September patches that may have new content.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I don't need news every week to enjoy the game. And the more time they have to work on the packs, the less posts I'll have to read about how 'half-baked' they supposedly are.

We just got several packs in a row, like three in less than a month's time. I've got plenty to get me through the summer, and there'll be more in patches to come anyway between now and whenever the next pack comes.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    After the 3+ months of discussion (sometimes heated) we had between Gamescom and GT's release last year, I'm good with them waiting till they're closer to release date to make an announcement. The less time between announcement and release, the less time for the Hype Train to get out of control or for folks to complain that "we don't need this". :| It's also possible that they're trying to address other issues such as the inactive household relationship culling before putting out anything major.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)