Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Careers would you want to see?

As the title says what sort of careers would you hope be brought to the game?

For me I'd love to see the military career and the law career.
1FKDfKj.png

Comments

• Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    Teaching, military and law like you, news anchor, weather person, circus person, fashion designer, model. Thats all i can think of right now :|
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'd like literally any to be honest - perhaps Education, Military, Simtuber? I don't personally mind but it'd be nice to have one since the last time we got Careers was with Get To Work over a year ago.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    maggidestomaggidesto Posts: 240 Member
    Military, Actor, Singer, Teacher please
  • Options
    iheartsimsforeveiheartsimsforeve Posts: 82 Member
    I would love to see the singing career come back.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited July 2016
    Military, Rock Star, Veterinarian (with pets Ep of course), * and Interior Designer.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Fireman, grave digger, resort owner, and lifeguard.
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    Active teacher for school pack, vet for pets, lifeguard for pool venues or beach destination, maybe firefighter
  • Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    lawyer, teaching, military, dentist, marketing, pharmacist, animal vet, zoologist, web developer, optometrist, psychiatrist

If we get those I am happy. lol
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Military
    Teacher
    Political
    Actor
    Singer
    Vet (open, with pets)
    Stylist (open)
    Interior designer (open)
    Daycare (open)
    Lifeguard (open, with beach EP)

Being able to register as self-employed.

Part-time jobs:
    Graveyard helper
    Grocery teller
    Assistant (to important sims)
    Bodyguard
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    As the title says what sort of careers would you hope be brought to the game?

For me I'd love to see the military career and the law career.

I'm with you on that one, @Simfan923 !
  • Options
    nnea123nnea123 Posts: 63 Member
    I would also like teaching, law, firefighter and military careers. I want more normal careers that normal people have in the real world. They don't need to be active careers, I just need alternatives for my sims. Maybe additionally to the above also social worker, construction worker, hairdresser.
  • Options
    Beena0721Beena0721 Posts: 82 Member
    First off, some part time jobs for YA to elder, or something like the TS2 slacker career that covered lots of weird odd jobs. Then I'd also really like education, law (sims 2 style), politics, and military to all come back for sure. I'd also be interested in something like architecture/interior design, the various fashion ones people have suggested, or something totally new. Basically just more jobs please. I feel like all my sims work in the same few careers.
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    I loved the politics career. I would like to see military and teaching come back too and then some new ones such as vet with a pets pack. I think it would be great for them to add part time jobs for YA - elders too and they can be the same as the ones for teens with perhaps a few extras.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Home day carer in your own home.
    cleaner, active job I can go with my sims and clean mend and upgrade.
    Teacher
    gardener again an active job
    Singer where sims can actually learn to sing, then they can also busk in parks etc.
    window cleaner, maybe another active job.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    I miss Education and Law the most. I miss having my sims being a simple teacher, and those first levels of the law career where they are trying to go higher and be a lawyer someday. Personally, I prefer the "regular" jobs, you know? I don't like to reach the top of the careers and be a millionaire, I like my sims to have simple jobs and I think this game lacks that a lot. Most are all wacky jobs, which is fine, but not my thing.

I also loved the Fashion career, hopefully we'll see something like that come back some day. Oh, and I do hope we will get a proper veterinarian career this time around.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2016
    Education

Archaeologist

Fashion Design
    Modelling
    Singer/Band
    Film : acting, writing, directing. Stage and film.
    Active Journalist Career

Politics

Pet Trainer/Stylist (with pet shows)

Military/Fireman/Mechanic

Off the top of my head, I think those are the roles I feel I'm missing. I'm a bit stuck in my rotation at the moment, because the families I have left have these careers and I'm struggling to find alternatives. I have a couple of mods to help with the education career and active journalism career. But I'm particularly struggling with my film and modelling careers. It seems I need that Superstar expansion more than I realised!

edit: added politics, I use Zerbu's mod so I forgot to add it.

Also, I'd like all these careers to be active. Rabbithole careers do not interest me.
  • Options
    Cookie o' CrumbleCookie o' Crumble Posts: 122 Member
    I desperately want the teaching career back and also a firefighter career :)
  • Options
    AliakaraAliakara Posts: 94 Member
    All the jobs, everything possible...

Right now I would need Mechanic, Ghost hunter, Military and Singer.
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    So many careers to choose from! I will never understand why there is such a small amount of careers at this point. Different career paths give the possibility to create new storylines and make a sim more of an individual who stands out.
    I'd love to have teachers, interior decorators, veterinarians, mechanics, paramedics, dentists, lawyers, politicians, stylists, fashion models, private detectives, ...
    I would also like to see some part time jobs and jobs with a low income in which you can't have a promotion (cleaning lady, waitress, gardener, receptionist, cashier, taxi driver, librarian, ...)
  • Options
    NiniNini Posts: 309 Member
    Lawyer, Politician, Singer, Military, Architect, Personal designer (like in Ambitions), Vet, Librarian, Waiter/Waitress, Receptionist, Cleaning etc.
  • Options
    pinkparkapinkparka Posts: 45 Member
    Military, education, politics, firefighter, stylist, daycare - basically everything that was in TS3. Really, I'll be happy with almost anything they decide to add. I'm tired of having to put sims in the same few careers and it detracts from the game's realism. Right now, half of Willow Creek are secret agents
    tumblr_o9fscfKSXN1s3wumuo1_540.gif
    "But these aren’t just stories. They’re whole kingdoms. They’re worlds. They’re perspectives and opinions you can’t offer, from lives you haven’t lived.” -Melissa de la Cruz
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Architecture, Education career, Fame, Law, Politics and Military. With these ill be set.
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Politics: Government/Activism
    Education: Teaching/Child Care
    Farming: Animals/Crops
    Hollywood: Acting/Movie-Making
    Fashion: Design/Modelling
    Industry: Labour/Designer (or something else less manual)
    part-time jobs for adults

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sim ShadySim Shady Posts: 297 Member
    edited July 2016
    Dancer, Singer, Actor, Vet (if we get Pets), Gardener, Teacher & Model. I also think it would be pretty cool to have the Sims equivalent of being a YouTuber - so your Sim works from home and makes videos on their computer, and we could maybe choose what kind of videos they make. It would work well in an EP including celebrities/fame too because you'd have a certain reputation and number of followers and/or subscribers.
    duck.jpg
  • Options
    SimonSimpsonSimonSimpson Posts: 1,223 Member
    I think we should get active careers for all the jobs that are already in the Sims - maid, repair, pizza delivery, gardener (for other Sims), nanny (when it comes out), etc. I'm sure at first that sounds boring, but the job of the game dev is to make it interesting. Just as an example, the gardener might have to deal with other problems that are specific to the career, like moles or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top