Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Careers would you want to see?

Comments

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I think we should get active careers for all the jobs that are already in the Sims - maid, repair, pizza delivery, gardener (for other Sims), nanny (when it comes out), etc. I'm sure at first that sounds boring, but the job of the game dev is to make it interesting. Just as an example, the gardener might have to deal with other problems that are specific to the career, like moles or something.

I could see those being interesting!

Maid: Oh we could be the maid and steal the computer or TV instead of the coffee pot :D

Pizza! Oh yes, have a lady in sexy nighty answer and see your guy drop the pizza! Or maybe forget to bring the breadsticks so he has to make another trip, no tip for him!

Gardener! yeah, see a snake and has the squeamish trait!

An Exterminator for roaches, mice, and those other pesty house pets, LOL. I could see my Sim jump on the bed if a mouse was loose in the house :o

I would like a Burglar who takes more than your toilet or shower.
    Repo man would be nice!

To me, the job of the Devs is to give us the tools to make it more interesting ;)
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    I am pretty much in agreement with everyone else. We need new careers desperately.

Active teaching career
    Politician/Military
    Lawyer
    Model/Stylist
    Active Superstar Career (Singer/Actor)
    Event Planner
    Conservationist (for outdoor enthusiasts)
    Architect/Construction Worker
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited July 2016
    Right now? None that would add a plethora of additional townies to fill other spots ( co-workers, bodyguards, paparazzi, etc.)

My fear is the more roles they add and the more townies they add to fill them, the more my own sims get affected with various forms of culling.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'd like more active careers personally.
    Singing, Dancing, Acting ect. I'd also like Military, Education, Politics and Childcare..
    I want Farming but would rather our sims do that sandbox style with no active career drop downs unless you could chose to do that or not.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yes please!

So many fun new careers have been mentioned. Military, Law, Education, Archeologist.

And pretty please a self-employed tag would be great!
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Right now? None that would add a plethora of additional townies to fill other spots ( co-workers, bodyguards, paparazzi, etc.)

My fear is the more roles they add and the more townies they add to fill them, the more my own sims get affected with various forms of culling.

Maybe they could do it different. If we go out to eat at the Diner (or anywhere) they pull up your list of people you have met in the game. Why can't we choose from them? Then if a slot goes unfilled, maybe a townie could step in?

I want my Celebrities back, but the Red Carpet Treatment! I want to have bodyguards around me, more songs and moves for my Singer! I want kids to be able to sing too! Why not? <3

Of course, it should be optional ;)
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Above all for me, I want singer. It would be great if they got to choose what type of music they do, country, pop, etc. But I'd settle for singer.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    But instead, we'll probably get more stupid clowns.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    As the title says what sort of careers would you hope be brought to the game?

For me I'd love to see the military career and the law career.

Ha! These were my first choices. I miss the Sports Agent career, too.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member
    Politician, military, dentistry (because sims dentists would be simultaneously hilarious and terrifying), park hermit made available for my sims because some of them are quite cranky and want to tell people to get offa their lawn, darn it! and I'd be curious to see what goes on in mail sorting centers for sims, so npc mail carrier careers expanded and made active.

• staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    Military, politician, firefighter, and ghost hunter. On a related note, I also wish that different school tracks (art school, military school, etc.) would come back.
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited July 2016
    Stylist profession from TS3 Ambitions.

Acting/director career from TS3 Late Night

Daycare profession from TS3 Generations.

Video Game Developer from TS3 University Life.
  • emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    I miss in the sims 2 how you could join the dance career and at lever ten be a prima ballerina. So:
    - Prima ballerina

Other things
    -vet but not open or the option to do open or not.
    -actor
    -Gardner
    -socialite (get paid to go to parties)
    -self employed
  • bitterascandybitterascandy Posts: 224 Member
    lawyer, fireman/woman, low grade jobs/partime jobs such as cashier and gravedigger, ....construction worker, party planner/wedding planner, news anchor/reporter
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I really enjoyed the firefighter and ghost hunter as far as active careers, would love to see teacher come back. Last but not least a part-time job for elders, they can do in addition to retirement, maybe substitute teacher, daycare worker, volunteer fireman, or restaurant host or hostess.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    education, dentist, lawyer, maybe politician, also would like to see Fast Food server, Farmer, and Librarian.
  • DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    I miss ~celebrity careers and would like that to return. Acting, musician, painting, writing, photography, modeling maybe? Anything that could give you a star boost :3. I also desperately want a veterinarian career with a pets expansion, and I want the return of interior design.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    Singer Career! I would also love to see a lawyer and teacher careers. Oh, and politician would be good. So many career choices are lacking, it gets a tad boring after at time selecting a job for each Sim. It's like, hm, been there and done that, not sure I want to do it again, but there are no other choices. :'(
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    An active politics career could be cool:
    • New party type: Fundraiser
    • New interaction: Schmooze for Donations (the higher your Sim's Charisma skill, the more successful they are)
    • Computer interactions: Embezzle Funds (Mischief interaction) where you can divert money from your campaign to your household account; Self-fund Campaign where you transfer money from household account to campaign.
    • Activities: Hold fundraising parties, give speeches in public spaces, purchase advertising.
    • Approval ratings similar to the ratings system for restaurants.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    Lawyer, teacher, geologist, military, stunt sim, actor,
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    domina89 wrote: »
    Conservationist (for outdoor enthusiasts)

Oh yes! I made a Sim recently with this sort of career in mind. I'd like it too, along with an eco-friendly trait.
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I would love to see some simple jobs that don't pay too much like grocery store clerk and if you put effort in you can make it to store manager-maybe it can be like a simple three tier job but even the top level doesn't pay a ton. Receptionist to office manager too maybe? Laborer in a factory or something?

As for traditional sims careers I miss the military and the teaching one. I would also like a veterinarian career.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Actor, singer and sculptor would be interesting. But most of all I want more "everyday" careers, like education, law, politics, architecture, design. I bought Get to work very late on sale, and found that I enjoyed the active careers much more than I thought I would. So I would be thrilled about more active careers!
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    edited July 2016
    Teacher, Veterinarian and Actor/Actress!
  • Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member

If any, I would like to see more "Interactive" Careers like the ones that came with Get To Work.
    I've seen a lot listed here that I like, But just off the top of my head I would like to see a Boxing Career. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top