Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'Family Play' isn't just toddlers

Comments

• Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    Do people really have to add *for my version of this playstyle* to stop others getting offended unintentionally? If someone says 'there's no family play without toddlers' then it's the person interpreting it as applying to others when in fact they may be talking to their own experiences. It's fine to ask people to clarify in that situation.

That is exactly what I'm saying. To make a sweeping assumption in your own biased opinion will very obviously make some users upset, and it is better to clarify yourself (by yourself).

Goodness gracious I understand everyone can have an opinion, but you should be more clear when wording it.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    It's all in how you word it, I learned that right off the bat. I am one who always says "in my opinion" or "for me" etc.

Its sad really

I do too but really it's unnecessary. If someone says 'your game can't be complete without toddlers' then they are in the wrong completely.

But you can't interpret someone else expressing their subjective experiences to mean anything personal to you.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    True^^
  • Options
    Noogster wrote: »
    Do people really have to add *for my version of this playstyle* to stop others getting offended unintentionally? If someone says 'there's no family play without toddlers' then it's the person interpreting it as applying to others when in fact they may be talking to their own experiences. It's fine to ask people to clarify in that situation.

That is exactly what I'm saying. To make a sweeping assumption in your own biased opinion will very obviously make some users upset, and it is better to clarify yourself (by yourself).

Goodness gracious I understand everyone can have an opinion, but you should be more clear when wording it.

The issue is this forum is used by people of all nationalities, ages and backgrounds. You or I may be able to articulate ourselves well but deciding that you wish to take every comment as a slight towards how you play is unnecessary because it's very unlikely to be the case.

Instead it may be that they have written in a rush, this isn't their first language so can't express themselves as well as they would like, that where they are from they write differently. Any number of things.

If someone says 'you can't enjoy your game because....' then that's 100% wrong.
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    First off, to get my opinion out there: I don't need toddlers. The age transitions as I see them are fluid enough (though I know I don't see everything that it seems like everyone else does). If we get toddlers, I'll be happy because it means that I'll get more time with my sims while they're still not adults- that's what I love playing in these games. The adults are only there to care for the little ones while everyone else is at school/part-time jobs.
    I've also seen quite a bit in this thread that's pretty much saying that object babies are useless. They're actually not- a baby in real life grows and builds relationship(s) with their family members(s), which is what happens in the game. My sim parent(s) are almost always good friends with their babies by the time they age up!
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited June 2016
    And we were all getting on so nicely.

If you (not aimed at anybody, plus hot at the moment, tired and grumpy) knew all you were going to do was have a go at the OP for having an opposing opinion why did you click on the thread? Of course, they didn't mean EVERYBODY, and the onus that they did is on you, not them.

As gets told to me more frequently than you'd imagine, if you didn't like what you knew the topic was to be about, you shouldn't have clicked on it. And even I get fed up of seeing "There's no family play in this game", which I see far too frequently.
  • Options
    MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    First off, to get my opinion out there: I don't need toddlers. The age transitions as I see them are fluid enough (though I know I don't see everything that it seems like everyone else does). If we get toddlers, I'll be happy because it means that I'll get more time with my sims while they're still not adults- that's what I love playing in these games. The adults are only there to care for the little ones while everyone else is at school/part-time jobs.
    I've also seen quite a bit in this thread that's pretty much saying that object babies are useless. They're actually not- a baby in real life grows and builds relationship(s) with their family members(s), which is what happens in the game. My sim parent(s) are almost always good friends with their babies by the time they age up!

I didn't age up the one kid I've been playing because I adore her relationship with her dad, it is wonderful. The homework always cracks me up and I love watching the dad stand beside the computer while she is playing as if he was either cheering her on or telling her that it is enough for the day, she should go out and play. I always make him go with her to the park because it is cute how he watches over her on the playground. They have a great relationship.
  • Options
    @Arletta there is having a different opinion and explaining why. That's what a discussion is.

I don't support artificial groupings of players just on what they enjoy in game and consequences (read punishments) applied to all who happen to like the same things when the issue was with the few.

It applies across the board.

The reason I said I'm sick to death of this stuff is because it's true. OP doesn't need to justify his/her play style and neither does anyone else. If person one tells person two they (read person two) can't enjoy their game because person one thinks that feature is necessary that is wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

But if person one feels that way about their own game that's fine. It's just as true as person two enjoying the game with/without that feature.

You can't assume that if someone talks to their experience that it means anything to yours. If they say that it means something-that's one thing-but you know what the saying is about assuming.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Maylee2 wrote: »
    Sure toddlers aren't the key to everything, but they are important in the name of aging. As a toddler, you learn to speak, walk, talk whatever. If it wasn't for toddlers then we wouldn't be able to what we could do now. If it wasn't for toddlers we wouldn't be able to do basic things like reading, writing, counting numbers, tying our shoes, learning the BASIC humans do in every day life. Toddlers aren't just a family thing, but a relevant life stage and phase.

If toddlers never existed in the real world, humanity would never exist. Toddlers are the KEY to life. It something that helped us go through school, graduate from college, get a job and start a life. Without toddlers, we couldn't be educated and do the simplest stuff.

How do you think a child would function normally missing the toddler life stage? They wouldn't be able read without ever speaking first? My nephew wouldn't be able to read right now if it wasn't for toddlers. How do you think I am able to draw and write stories?. This is my reason why we need toddlers.

I disagree with Sims 4 aging. Highly unrealistic and Sims wouldn't even exist without toddlers, like I prevousily said. People are to blind too see why others want toddlers. They just assume toddlers are annoying little kid that contribute nothing. YES they do! Wake up! Take a look at the real thing! Why can't you see anything positive about toddlers? They're just not anything to you? They are something to me. They're no different from babies and babies are no different. Complain about babies instead. They're annoying, irritating, can't do nothing either. They contribute nothing unlike toddlers. Peace out people, Maylee is leaving the building.

In the early days there was not a stage called toddlers, there were adults and children, when a child was weaned, they were put into doing jobs as the older children were, so to say if a toddler stage never existed humanity would not exist, is a misstatement. I do not see where missing that stage in our forefather's lives made them not grow up, and do more than the simplest stuff.
  • Options
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Sure toddlers aren't the key to everything, but they are important in the name of aging. As a toddler, you learn to speak, walk, talk whatever. If it wasn't for toddlers then we wouldn't be able to what we could do now. If it wasn't for toddlers we wouldn't be able to do basic things like reading, writing, counting numbers, tying our shoes, learning the BASIC humans do in every day life. Toddlers aren't just a family thing, but a relevant life stage and phase.

If toddlers never existed in the real world, humanity would never exist. Toddlers are the KEY to life. It something that helped us go through school, graduate from college, get a job and start a life. Without toddlers, we couldn't be educated and do the simplest stuff.

How do you think a child would function normally missing the toddler life stage? They wouldn't be able read without ever speaking first? My nephew wouldn't be able to read right now if it wasn't for toddlers. How do you think I am able to draw and write stories?. This is my reason why we need toddlers.

I disagree with Sims 4 aging. Highly unrealistic and Sims wouldn't even exist without toddlers, like I prevousily said. People are to blind too see why others want toddlers. They just assume toddlers are annoying little kid that contribute nothing. YES they do! Wake up! Take a look at the real thing! Why can't you see anything positive about toddlers? They're just not anything to you? They are something to me. They're no different from babies and babies are no different. Complain about babies instead. They're annoying, irritating, can't do nothing either. They contribute nothing unlike toddlers. Peace out people, Maylee is leaving the building.

In the early days there was not a stage called toddlers, there were adults and children, when a child was weaned, they were put into doing jobs as the older children were, so to say if a toddler stage never existed humanity would not exist, is a misstatement. I do not see where missing that stage in our forefather's lives made them not grow up, and do more than the simplest stuff.

Every person grew through what we now call toddlers. They didn't magically jump from being a baby to being a child no matter how they were defined and every person had to learn the basics at some stage of their lives. It just happens that we call those early age groups 'toddlers' now. It's a definition. That's all. They still lived those years.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,533 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    It's pretty simple for me.
    I dislike TS4 age stages so much (no toddlers/old looking teens) that I don't bother to have sims get married and have children.
    Therefore I have no family play. (Actually I have no play at all because I have stopped playing.)

I am waiting to see if EA makes Generations as their marketing survey defined it.
    That will fix family play for me.

An example of exactly how I feel. I'm into enjoying every diverse age stage in a sims life too.

I hope you get what will fix it for you :)

It's a bit maddening.
    I just went into the game too see if I am having this Big Eyes/CC problem.

Dang it, I really miss my sims.
    I visited the cafe and saw a couple of sims that I set up as dating couples, using Get Together.
    06-12-16_11-18-21nbspAM.png

Lots of public displays of affection going on.
    06-12-16_11-19-17nbspAM.png

06-12-16_11-20-02nbspAM.png

06-12-16_11-17-44nbspAM.png
    I just feel like I don't want to go any further with them until Generations shows up.

:# So I am sitting in the corner mumbling,
    Generations
    Generations
    Generations.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    It's pretty simple for me.
    I dislike TS4 age stages so much (no toddlers/old looking teens) that I don't bother to have sims get married and have children.
    Therefore I have no family play. (Actually I have no play at all because I have stopped playing.)

I am waiting to see if EA makes Generations as their marketing survey defined it.
    That will fix family play for me.

An example of exactly how I feel. I'm into enjoying every diverse age stage in a sims life too.

I hope you get what will fix it for you :)

It's a bit maddening.
    I just went into the game too see if I am having this Big Eyes/CC problem.

Dang it, I really miss my sims.
    I visited the cafe and saw a couple of sims that I set up as dating couples, using Get Together.
    06-12-16_11-18-21nbspAM.png

Lots of public displays of affection going on.
    06-12-16_11-19-17nbspAM.png

06-12-16_11-20-02nbspAM.png

06-12-16_11-17-44nbspAM.png
    I just feel like I don't want to go any further with them until Generations shows up.

:# So I am sitting in the corner mumbling,
    Generations
    Generations
    Generations.

Yeah I stopped playing because I didn't want to miss out on my sims offspring living through all stages of their lives. For me it's like each sim is missing years from their lives!

BTW your sims ate gorgeous :)
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    There were still "young children" (no clue what the technical term was back then, but I doubt it was a toddler lol). Even way back, babies grew up into young children who had to be taught basic functions. They might have been given more difficult tasks and not babied for as long, but that doesn't mean there were no toddlers, teens, elders, etc.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    My interpretation of family play has nothing to do with toddlers at all. I'm not one who felt the need for them. But I felt it fair enough to support those who enjoy them. What I don't enjoy is children with only 4 identical aspirations. That also becomes tedious and boring. Why should we have them in the next sim's game since they're equally pointless? Elders too. What on earth should I do with them other than wait for them to move to the next plain of existence? God forbid an active sim ever dies. Thank god for the sauna and a quick end when I can remove the door etc. Why do we even have Adults? They're basically the same as Young Adults. So are Teens. We should remove them too. They're also equally pointless. Geez. Babies too. What's the point in playing with them? They're only annoying objects. I aged them up the second the option was available because there's simply no point in playing them until they age on their own. They're only objects with no meaningful reason to exist.

Why should I even have the option to build or create my own sims? Can't Maxis just create them so I can download them if/when they feel like having/offering them?

There's a pattern here. Whether you get it or not is not my issue. It's yours.

Different way of looking at things, and I admire your point of view. Leave things out of a game will just make more stuff be left out of a game. Seeing it from that stand point brings up a lot of points about the game. Although I have to say playing babies in this game is useless LOL! I know that was not your point, and I do get what you are saying, but actually the game always did go to the adults anyway.
    Some of the points you bring up if you look at it not as deep as you were, is that the sims is play with life, (your life), and leaving out all those other stages as you point out, will make it so I can't play with my life, but babies and toddlers do not play this game, so you have to make them if they are in your life. How about they add a new stage to this game, How about pre-schoolers, they are not toddlers they are older, so they go from toddlers to pre-schoolers and then to children?
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    MorriSan wrote: »

I didn't age up the one kid I've been playing because I adore her relationship with her dad, it is wonderful. The homework always cracks me up and I love watching the dad stand beside the computer while she is playing as if he was either cheering her on or telling her that it is enough for the day, she should go out and play. I always make him go with her to the park because it is cute how he watches over her on the playground. They have a great relationship.
    That's super cute! That's why I love this game.
  • Options
    Ceridwen wrote: »
    Way I see it, is families come in all shapes and forms. We should - eventually - be able to play all of them if we wish to.

I know for one when cats are included that'll complete a family for me. I also had a toddler in real life, but I think, if I stepped out and away of the warm fuzzies one gets for one's child, I much prefer the 9-year old I have now and decided a long while back not to have another toddler, but a cat instead. The 9-year old also adores the cat. If I had toddlers as Sims, that's cool - I would probably play them a bit; then I'd just age them up to the age I prefer them at (that being the one we have now).

Toddlers certainly do not make a family. It's pretty wrong-headed if that's the only argument for having them in TS4. What is logical is the early years being a life stage that most people don't tend to miss, therefore it would be great to have those early years included in the game. It's also logical as a "first" addition, over Pets or Seasons (even though those are the ones I'm after), because we already have Sim people with life stages in game. There's really no need for anyone to get angry at other players over what are simple preferences. Having preferences isn't wrong, even if they belong to someone else. Also, if toddlers are added in a pack at any point, then we can either own the pack or not, depending on said preferences. It's not a bad idea, and frankly, I'm pretty sure it'll happen.

There is no way, and I have been on the forums for awhile and this time it is the worse, that some people will give up their attitudes about toddlers being or out of the game, and basically it is really a matter of choice here, which I keep saying, and all I get is "you can age them up" which says to me, "be quiet, my opinion is what matters." So there is a lot of blaming back and forth and it comes out in posts all the time, and really it should not. Basically telling me to age them up is telling me what to do in my game.
    I have a friend who also plays the sims, she also lost a 18month old to cancer, she can't play the other versions of this game as it is too painful for her to see the toddlers in the game, to just age them up shows her what she missed with her son. She plays this game version happily and gets to relax as it is not real life, and she does not have to have that stage show up so real life does not interfere. It should be choice, she should not have to have them in her game (key word here Her game) if she chooses not to have them.
  • Options

That's super cute! That's why I love this game.

Yeah ^^ The dad is now in love with another male sim after mom died in an accident (she shouldn't have tried to repair the TV) and he moved in. Dad is a neat guy, the new partner isn't. Whenever stepdad cooks, and he cooks very well, he is tidying up after him but very cheerfully. I coo at them because chances are, especially after the last patch. stepdad will observe him and sip at a glass of water. The conversations I think they have! It's all very homey and fun.

Yours surprise you too, all the time?
  • Options

Telemetry reports from the previous game would say otherwise, in reference to the bolded bit.

Also, talk of 'realism' in this game goes out the window when there are aliens, ghosts, and the appearance of other supernaturals in the series as a whole, such as mermaids and vampires. Or the wellness skill providing teleportation. Not to mention the fact that in aging specifically, the Sims age instantly by years if not decades blowing out candles on a cake.

Now, if you wanna say you want toddlers because you like them, or they fit your playstyle, that's cool. But 'realism'? :D That's a stretch.

Agree!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,611 Member
    I, too, have managed to play families without toddlers. However, the lack of them makes a difference in my game, to be sure. EA dumbed them down in Sims3, sorry to say, which is why, I think, some people hated that life stage, or simply aged them to child immediately. It did become tedious after a time. But I played on Epic and adjusted the length of each life stage to my own liking. Enough time to train the toddlers without it getting too boring. What we needed was for the toddlers to be more like toddlers, not less. They should 'get into trouble' like they could in Sims2. They should be able to climb onto the furniture, crawl up and down the stairs and then navigate them after they can walk. I know it's a lot of coding, so we'll likely never see it in the game.

But, just like the latest patch, where the player has the option, (THANK YOU EA for that), perhaps those who don't wish to play toddlers can either age them up quickly, as was done in the past, or toggle a switch to keep things as they are now. I'm all about choice in this.

Having toddlers, also makes it easier, in my opinion, to space the children in the family. I like about 1-3 years (Sim days) tops between my children. It's all guess work in Sims4, unless you make the whole family in CAS and then age them up with the cake, individually.

But, I do appreciate your argument, OP. When I was struggling to have children, for years, it was a slap in my face whenever we played Mattel's Game of Life. I couldn't even have children in a board game. Nor was I ever able to adopt. That space kept eluding me. It was very painful.

I have to say I held my breath with this latest patch, fearing my world would become overrun with a lifestyle I can't appreciate. I thought my days of playing this game were over. I'm very glad EA played it cool. We have control and that's a very good thing.

Perhaps when toddlers are returned, EA will be equally cool in their handling of it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @GalacticGal it would be good if they implement toggles to see them across all life stages.
  • Options
    To some people toddlers add to family play or is family play. To me i think toddlers adds to family play because it's part of the experience of having a family. I like how realistic it would be to be honest. yes there are parts of the game which people don't think is realistic. but come on. most of us want a realistic family in the sims game no mater what gender, sexuality or what kind your sim is ie normal, alien or any other supernatural in game. A child jumping out of the bassinet isn't realistic to me. Yes family play is doing something as a family but really there isn't much to do as a family. And you can't even take the babies out with the family. i hope they unbind the babies so that they can go with the family. So it's not allll family play if you can't take the baby anywhere :/

I think that realistically men do not have babies or get pregnant to my knowledge, and they do in this game, and maybe that is my "family play" here so how does the normal progression of things make it only good to have the toddler stage?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I, too, have managed to play families without toddlers. However, the lack of them makes a difference in my game, to be sure. EA dumbed them down in Sims3, sorry to say, which is why, I think, some people hated that life stage, or simply aged them to child immediately. It did become tedious after a time. But I played on Epic and adjusted the length of each life stage to my own liking. Enough time to train the toddlers without it getting too boring. What we needed was for the toddlers to be more like toddlers, not less. They should 'get into trouble' like they could in Sims2. They should be able to climb onto the furniture, crawl up and down the stairs and then navigate them after they can walk. I know it's a lot of coding, so we'll likely never see it in the game.

But, just like the latest patch, where the player has the option, (THANK YOU EA for that), perhaps those who don't wish to play toddlers can either age them up quickly, as was done in the past, or toggle a switch to keep things as they are now. I'm all about choice in this.

Having toddlers, also makes it easier, in my opinion, to space the children in the family. I like about 1-3 years (Sim days) tops between my children. It's all guess work in Sims4, unless you make the whole family in CAS and then age them up with the cake, individually.

But, I do appreciate your argument, OP. When I was struggling to have children, for years, it was a slap in my face whenever we played Mattel's Game of Life. I couldn't even have children in a board game. Nor was I ever able to adopt. That space kept eluding me. It was very painful.

I have to say I held my breath with this latest patch, fearing my world would become overrun with a lifestyle I can't appreciate. I thought my days of playing this game were over. I'm very glad EA played it cool. We have control and that's a very good thing.

Perhaps when toddlers are returned, EA will be equally cool in their handling of it.

I'm very sorry that you experienced such hardship.

I fully agree with your opinion about how toddlers should be implemented, as a choice. I too thought that Sims3 really didn't do the lifestage any favours, it was indeed very tedious. It would have been amusing to watch them get into trouble or climbing the furniture, oh yes. Instead- I tried it a few times and it was like deciding between a rock and a hard place when it came to them learning to walk, for example. You either had the issue of the adults carrying and leavng the kids at random places or the kids getting underfood. I really hope that a) they are optional to toggle like werewolves, and b) better thought out.
  • Options

I'm very sorry that you experienced such hardship.

I fully agree with your opinion about how toddlers should be implemented, as a choice. I too thought that Sims3 really didn't do the lifestage any favours, it was indeed very tedious. It would have been amusing to watch them get into trouble or climbing the furniture, oh yes. Instead- I tried it a few times and it was like deciding between a rock and a hard place when it came to them learnign to walk, for example. You either had the issue of the adults carrying and leavng the kids at random places or the kids getting underfood. I really hope that a) they are optional to toggle like werewolves, and b) better thought out.

One of the prevailing themes in the ideas at a glance toddler thread is to be able to play 'as' the toddler rather than just having them needing to be interacted with by care givers. I think that's a way to make them far better than ever and clearly a lot of other playerd think so too.
  • Options
    Simanite wrote: »
    I'm seriously sick of being made to feel like I'm doing something wrong for wanting toddlers back. I don't have to justify my opinion, I don't have to be politically correct and tiptoe around everyone. You don't have to want them back, you can hate them for all I care. But toddlers SHOULD be prioritized over everything else now because 1. it's the only (possible) main thing missing from the BG that hasn't been patched in 2. it's stopping people like me from playing.

You can call me selfish for putting my wants over everyone else's, and maybe I am.

And your post here shows that! Why your wants over everyone else's?
    If you don't like something change it, (by all means) If you can't change it (and right now you can't because toddlers are not in the game) then change the way you think about it. (this is how you enjoy the game)
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Part of this was my response to another post, but since I expect that discussion to be deleted I will use the relevant part here.

To make it clear, I don’t think that people are deliberately insulting but sometimes they don’t know how they come across.

I included toddlers in my gameplay in Sims3, but after two tries I avoided them. That was my choice and for the sake of others I hope you get your toddlers so you can have a choice too, to play them or not to play them, but at the moment I'm more sympathetic to players who want pets or seasons and this is why:

I've seen so many more or less open insistencies that Sims4 is only about Party (how deprived, how shallow!!!!) with no Family Play. I don’t like it being implied that I’m shallow because I don’t want toddlers.

Secondly, ‘No family play’ is only true if you think that Family is all about toddlers. The insistense that Family Play isn't in the game without toddlers makes me gnash my teeth, mainly because of the way this opinion is often presented like it is iron clad and not a personal choice. The sky is blue, water is wet and there’s no family play without toddlers.

The notion that a family isn't wonderful without a toddler in it (baby objects don't count) is slightly hurtful to me. That's very personal and not very rational, I am aware, but I'm certainly not the only woman who, whenever they read another toddler post, can't help but think about every time she'd been reduced to a (malfunctioning) toddler factory whenever some ultra traditional biddy or well meaning person inquires about 'no babies yet? poor you...' Nice lifepartner, nice home, good career? It is not enough if there are no babies!.

Sims often mirrors one’s own life, there are millions of self-sims on the Gallery, it is not just a game.

You don't mean it in a insulting way, but `there’s no family play because there are no toddlers’ mirrors exactly the sort of situation I've described above. Before you get angry, that is not what I think toddler fans want to express whenever they insist that the next thing please, please, please has to be toddlers, they just want to play the way that is most entertaining to them.

Family play would have more facets with toddlers but it is only one among dozens or even hundred situations.

My families enjoy get togethers on their patio, they watch movies and they visit restaurants. They earn money to pay for their hobbies and houses. They snuggle,argue, make up, fight and share their pixelated life and are happy. They certainly 'share the joy of family' with each other.
    I only have slight masochistic tendencies, I don’t torture myself reading pro-toddler posts, but they tend to come up everywhere, be it livestream chats, signatures, random threads and facebook posts. It isn’t possible to avoid the toddler issue and I certainly don’t ask fans of toddlers to stop. They have the right to ask for what gives them joy. I just wish that they wouldn’t use the ‘no family without toddler argument’.

I tend to think that it is, without a doubt, one of their strongest argument, combined with that it is a step back because toddlers were in the Sims3 so I doubt that it will be let go.

I just wanted to let them and anyone else who took time to analyze that argument know about the not so nice connotation.

Kind Regards,

Morri

Did you ever get to play TS2? Toddlers were a huge part of family play not only because they were new, but because of the level of detail and unique interactions they had. Toddlers playing with other toddlers were freaking cute, and child sims interacting with toddlers were natural and very sweet. Then you had toddlers playing with pets and toddlers interacting with their parents. You never had to leave the house and you could still have a ton of fun.

FYI: I'm not saying your argument isn't valid, but we are definitely missing out on a HUGE chunk of gameplay here that you can't replace with a few more "fun" items like the outdoor movie set. And evidently, I'm not the only one who thinks this- the 'EA Silence on Family Play' thread has reached over 1200 pages: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/801025/ea-silence-on-family-play-and-family-play-fans/p1

latest?cb=20130517193533
    latest?cb=20111109122458
    hqdefault.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top