This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

'Family Play' isn't just toddlers

Part of this was my response to another post, but since I expect that discussion to be deleted I will use the relevant part here.

To make it clear, I don’t think that people are deliberately insulting but sometimes they don’t know how they come across.

I included toddlers in my gameplay in Sims3, but after two tries I avoided them. That was my choice and for the sake of others I hope you get your toddlers so you can have a choice too, to play them or not to play them, but at the moment I'm more sympathetic to players who want pets or seasons and this is why:

I've seen so many more or less open insistencies that Sims4 is only about Party (how deprived, how shallow!!!!) with no Family Play. I don’t like it being implied that I’m shallow because I don’t want toddlers.

Secondly, ‘No family play’ is only true if you think that Family is all about toddlers. The insistense that Family Play isn't in the game without toddlers makes me gnash my teeth, mainly because of the way this opinion is often presented like it is iron clad and not a personal choice. The sky is blue, water is wet and there’s no family play without toddlers.

The notion that a family isn't wonderful without a toddler in it (baby objects don't count) is slightly hurtful to me. That's very personal and not very rational, I am aware, but I'm certainly not the only woman who, whenever they read another toddler post, can't help but think about every time she'd been reduced to a (malfunctioning) toddler factory whenever some ultra traditional biddy or well meaning person inquires about 'no babies yet? poor you...' Nice lifepartner, nice home, good career? It is not enough if there are no babies!.

Sims often mirrors one’s own life, there are millions of self-sims on the Gallery, it is not just a game.

You don't mean it in a insulting way, but `there’s no family play because there are no toddlers’ mirrors exactly the sort of situation I've described above. Before you get angry, that is not what I think toddler fans want to express whenever they insist that the next thing please, please, please has to be toddlers, they just want to play the way that is most entertaining to them.

Family play would have more facets with toddlers but it is only one among dozens or even hundred situations.

My families enjoy get togethers on their patio, they watch movies and they visit restaurants. They earn money to pay for their hobbies and houses. They snuggle,argue, make up, fight and share their pixelated life and are happy. They certainly 'share the joy of family' with each other.
I only have slight masochistic tendencies, I don’t torture myself reading pro-toddler posts, but they tend to come up everywhere, be it livestream chats, signatures, random threads and facebook posts. It isn’t possible to avoid the toddler issue and I certainly don’t ask fans of toddlers to stop. They have the right to ask for what gives them joy. I just wish that they wouldn’t use the ‘no family without toddler argument’.

I tend to think that it is, without a doubt, one of their strongest argument, combined with that it is a step back because toddlers were in the Sims3 so I doubt that it will be let go.

I just wanted to let them and anyone else who took time to analyze that argument know about the not so nice connotation.

Kind Regards,

Morri

Comments

  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited June 2016
    My interpretation of family play has nothing to do with toddlers at all. I'm not one who felt the need for them. But I felt it fair enough to support those who enjoy them. What I don't enjoy is children with only 4 identical aspirations. That also becomes tedious and boring. Why should we have them in the next sim's game since they're equally pointless? Elders too. What on earth should I do with them other than wait for them to move to the next plain of existence? God forbid an active sim ever dies. Thank god for the sauna and a quick end when I can remove the door etc. Why do we even have Adults? They're basically the same as Young Adults. So are Teens. We should remove them too. They're also equally pointless. Geez. Babies too. What's the point in playing with them? They're only annoying objects. I aged them up the second the option was available because there's simply no point in playing them until they age on their own. They're only objects with no meaningful reason to exist.

    Why should I even have the option to build or create my own sims? Can't Maxis just create them so I can download them if/when they feel like having/offering them?

    There's a pattern here. Whether you get it or not is not my issue. It's yours.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 229 Member
    Way I see it, is families come in all shapes and forms. We should - eventually - be able to play all of them if we wish to.

    I know for one when cats are included that'll complete a family for me. I also had a toddler in real life, but I think, if I stepped out and away of the warm fuzzies one gets for one's child, I much prefer the 9-year old I have now and decided a long while back not to have another toddler, but a cat instead. The 9-year old also adores the cat. If I had toddlers as Sims, that's cool - I would probably play them a bit; then I'd just age them up to the age I prefer them at (that being the one we have now).

    Toddlers certainly do not make a family. It's pretty wrong-headed if that's the only argument for having them in TS4. What is logical is the early years being a life stage that most people don't tend to miss, therefore it would be great to have those early years included in the game. It's also logical as a "first" addition, over Pets or Seasons (even though those are the ones I'm after), because we already have Sim people with life stages in game. There's really no need for anyone to get angry at other players over what are simple preferences. Having preferences isn't wrong, even if they belong to someone else. Also, if toddlers are added in a pack at any point, then we can either own the pack or not, depending on said preferences. It's not a bad idea, and frankly, I'm pretty sure it'll happen.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Maylee2 wrote: »
    Sure toddlers aren't the key to everything, but they are important in the name of aging. As a toddler, you learn to speak, walk, talk whatever. If it wasn't for toddlers then we wouldn't be able to what we could do now. If it wasn't for toddlers we wouldn't be able to do basic things like reading, writing, counting numbers, tying our shoes, learning the BASIC humans do in every day life. Toddlers aren't just a family thing, but a relevant life stage and phase.

    If toddlers never existed in the real world, humanity would never exist. Toddlers are the KEY to life. It something that helped us go through school, graduate from college, get a job and start a life. Without toddlers, we couldn't be educated and do the simplest stuff.

    How do you think a child would function normally missing the toddler life stage? They wouldn't be able read without ever speaking first? My nephew wouldn't be able to read right now if it wasn't for toddlers. How do you think I am able to draw and write stories?. This is my reason why we need toddlers.

    I disagree with Sims 4 aging. Highly unrealistic and Sims wouldn't even exist without toddlers, like I prevousily said. People are to blind too see why others want toddlers. They just assume toddlers are annoying little kid that contribute nothing. YES they do! Wake up! Take a look at the real thing! Why can't you see anything positive about toddlers? They're just not anything to you? They are something to me. They're no different from babies and babies are no different. Complain about babies instead. They're annoying, irritating, can't do nothing either. They contribute nothing unlike toddlers. Peace out people, Maylee is leaving the building.

    Telemetry reports from the previous game would say otherwise, in reference to the bolded bit.

    Also, talk of 'realism' in this game goes out the window when there are aliens, ghosts, and the appearance of other supernaturals in the series as a whole, such as mermaids and vampires. Or the wellness skill providing teleportation. Not to mention the fact that in aging specifically, the Sims age instantly by years if not decades blowing out candles on a cake.

    Now, if you wanna say you want toddlers because you like them, or they fit your playstyle, that's cool. But 'realism'? :D That's a stretch.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    @MorriSan I agree with your idea of family play :smile: ... as a matter of fact, I have lots of family play in game without toddlers, and my feeling about it is that it's much more family play with children, because, speaking from experiance, the toddler stage (in real life and in game) is more of a chore, a duty as a parent, a goal oriented life stage with a being that doesn't have much personality yet and is all about development. Babies and toddlers don't add anything special to the family play in this game beside being present and have parents taking care of them 24/7, whereas children are much more indipendent and you can express more of your creativity through them.
    Personally, I do want toddlers to be in the game. Not much because it's the most important life stage - I don't believe it is, like, at all -, but because it is a life stage, a very big age gap that's currently missing in the game. If my young adult sim would jump from young adult to elder, I would be pretty mad about it, since it breaks immersion.
    This is basically why I'm still waiting for toddlers. I want a life simulation game to cover life and its most crucial stages, even if I'm not going to love all of them at the same way.
    Will toddlers change my family play? Nope. At all. But it will make immersion much much better and give those who want to play with the earliest life stages more fun.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited June 2016

    Telemetry reports from the previous game would say otherwise, in reference to the bolded bit.

    Also, talk of 'realism' in this game goes out the window when there are aliens, ghosts, and the appearance of other supernaturals in the series as a whole, such as mermaids and vampires. Or the wellness skill providing teleportation. Not to mention the fact that in aging specifically, the Sims age instantly by years if not decades blowing out candles on a cake.

    Now, if you wanna say you want toddlers because you like them, or they fit your playstyle, that's cool. But 'realism'? :D That's a stretch.

    I wonder how many people turned telemetry option off though? That is something neither you nor I know.

    EA, please fix your fricken forums! having emoticons wanting to pop up with every character I type is frustrating beyond reason!
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I am glad you got that off your chest and hope you feel better :)

    I don't really want anything particular in the Sims4, others do. I had been away from these forums for a few months because they can tend to be toxic. Seems no matter what I say, it doesn't make sense, LOL. I admit I tread lightly in these threads so as not to hurt someone's feelings. I never was one for the forums unless it was to ask a question or DL something. So just posting in here is a big thing for me.

    I was not happy when Sims4 came out, but I tried to stay positive. If I go in a thread that is toxic, I leave and don't post, LOL. I do hope everyone gets whatever it is they desire so they can get back into playing the game. It took a while for me to get there....but I am there and I am enjoying it.

    I played family style in Sims1 and 2 but not much in Sims3. Although it does feel odd not having Toddlers in Sims4. I may not have played them much in Sims3, but I always loved visiting friends that had them and getting my Toddler fix that way. To me, its not right or fair that Toddlers are not in this game (but thats my opinion) I truly hope they do bring Toddlers back for all that want them (even me).

    I don't make self sims in my game, and I actually play my games the opposite of my RL, LOL So many people play it different, and thats what is so interesting about the Sims games, you play it the way you want, there is no right or wrong way! I am glad you are enjoying your family play in the Sims4, I am also. My play is single life, clubbing, and now eating out at the Diners all the time :D

    Now, I do think the game went a few steps back and not because of Toddlers, but I also think it is getting better, getting there, and I do think the Devs are listening. I am excited to see what their vision is, I won't be going anywhere :o Hopefully this will get me thru the remainder of my years, as it has been my other life since the beginning! <3
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I don't think toddlers should be all about "family play" either because not all families have children. I avoid them like the plague in sims 3 now. (They're not fun to deal with for me and neither are sim babies) Most of my sims don't get married or have kids. I don't care for the strictly realism thing some players mention it's just a game not real life. I don't play the same way many others do so I don't want a lot of the same things.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

    Telemetry reports from the previous game would say otherwise, in reference to the bolded bit.

    Also, talk of 'realism' in this game goes out the window when there are aliens, ghosts, and the appearance of other supernaturals in the series as a whole, such as mermaids and vampires. Or the wellness skill providing teleportation. Not to mention the fact that in aging specifically, the Sims age instantly by years if not decades blowing out candles on a cake.

    Now, if you wanna say you want toddlers because you like them, or they fit your playstyle, that's cool. But 'realism'? :D That's a stretch.

    I wonder how many people turned telemetry option off though? That is something neither you nor I know.

    EA, please fix your fricken forums! having emoticons wanting to pop up with every character I type is frustrating beyond reason!

    That's something I don't understand. The same people who complain their playstyle isn't catered to are the ones saying they turn off or are against telemetry, lol. And the people who aren't concerned about the telemetry do seem to be catered to. Is there not any coincidence there?

    If the majority of people who turned their telemetry off also played with toddlers, well they shot themselves in the foot, lol. Can't take into account what isn't being shown. I want the company to have my telemetry, so they see my play and take it into account.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Wow, I must be a slow typer, only one person had replied when I started typing :o:D
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited June 2016
    kremesch73 wrote: »

    Telemetry reports from the previous game would say otherwise, in reference to the bolded bit.

    Also, talk of 'realism' in this game goes out the window when there are aliens, ghosts, and the appearance of other supernaturals in the series as a whole, such as mermaids and vampires. Or the wellness skill providing teleportation. Not to mention the fact that in aging specifically, the Sims age instantly by years if not decades blowing out candles on a cake.

    Now, if you wanna say you want toddlers because you like them, or they fit your playstyle, that's cool. But 'realism'? :D That's a stretch.

    I wonder how many people turned telemetry option off though? That is something neither you nor I know.

    EA, please fix your fricken forums! having emoticons wanting to pop up with every character I type is frustrating beyond reason!

    That's something I don't understand. The same people who complain their playstyle isn't catered to are the ones saying they turn off or are against telemetry, lol. And the people who aren't concerned about the telemetry do seem to be catered to. Is there not any coincidence there?

    If the majority of people who turned their telemetry off also played with toddlers, well they shot themselves in the foot, lol. Can't take into account what isn't being shown. I want the company to have my telemetry, so they see my play and take it into account.

    You can be as obtuse as you wish to be. I also play with telemetry off as I feel it's no one's business how I play. I also opt out of any other software that requests my feedback. In your words, I should be punished for my desire for privacy? Fine. So be it. But guess what, you lost me as customer due to your decision. Not that it hurts you. There are so many others to be gained

    I'm just the type that would rather tell you why, as my telemetry really won't tell you 'f' all, as I play differently every time, but hey, if you think it's informative, so be it. Are you not having a problem with emoticons right now? This is something that just started happening like a few seconds ago regarldless of what device I'm using. Every character I type, emoticons want to take precidence and it's frustrating as plum. Is this just me?
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @kremesch73 Emoticons started with me yesterday.....such a pain! I have to backspace to fix my word because they just slip in, LOL
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    @kremesch73 Emoticons started with me yesterday.....such a pain! I have to backspace to fix my word because they just slip in, LOL

    Thank you so much. It's weird. It's intermittent for me. Are you on mac or Pc devices, just so I know if it's some sort of conspiracy against some type of device since telemetry and all might point towards that. >.>
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @kremesch73 I said it earlier too,emoticons making themselves and when trying to tag people the smiley list covers the names.Some of my sentences are cut off from emotes at the end and hitting enter or spacing paragraphs sometimes creates multples of them.People probably thought I was crazy nobody else mentioned it.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

    DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    @kremesch73 Emoticons started with me yesterday.....such a pain! I have to backspace to fix my word because they just slip in, LOL

    Thank you so much. It's weird. It's intermittent for me. Are you on mac or Pc devices, just so I know if it's some sort of conspiracy against some type of device since telemetry and all might point towards that. >.>

    I am on my Mac
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »

    Telemetry reports from the previous game would say otherwise, in reference to the bolded bit.

    Also, talk of 'realism' in this game goes out the window when there are aliens, ghosts, and the appearance of other supernaturals in the series as a whole, such as mermaids and vampires. Or the wellness skill providing teleportation. Not to mention the fact that in aging specifically, the Sims age instantly by years if not decades blowing out candles on a cake.

    Now, if you wanna say you want toddlers because you like them, or they fit your playstyle, that's cool. But 'realism'? :D That's a stretch.

    I wonder how many people turned telemetry option off though? That is something neither you nor I know.

    EA, please fix your fricken forums! having emoticons wanting to pop up with every character I type is frustrating beyond reason!

    That's something I don't understand. The same people who complain their playstyle isn't catered to are the ones saying they turn off or are against telemetry, lol. And the people who aren't concerned about the telemetry do seem to be catered to. Is there not any coincidence there?

    If the majority of people who turned their telemetry off also played with toddlers, well they shot themselves in the foot, lol. Can't take into account what isn't being shown. I want the company to have my telemetry, so they see my play and take it into account.

    You can be as obtuse as you wish to be. I also play with telemetry off as I feel it's no one's business how I play. I also opt out of any other software that requests my feedback. In your words, I should be punished for my desire for privacy? Fine. So be it. But guess what, you lost me as customer due to your decision. Not that it hurts you. There are so many others to be gained

    I'm just the type that would rather tell you why, as my telemetry really won't tell you 'f' all, as I play differently every time, but hey, if you think it's informative, so be it. Are you not having a problem with emoticons right now? This is something that just started happening like a few seconds ago regarldless of what device I'm using. Every character I type, emoticons want to take precidence and it's frustrating as plum. Is this just me?

    I feel you about the desire to privacy, which is why I played the game at first with telemetry off. (dang emoticons!) But on the long run I started to feel that them getting reports of my crashes or my playstyle might help the developers to make a much much better game. If they can see reports of how the community plays, they also know what to tweak. At least, that's how I feel about it.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    *waves hi to @CravenLestat * same here and they are driving me nuts!

    *thinking how I always thought you were crazy* <3
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @charlotteprice Your avatar is awesome <3 Sooo pretty. :love:
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

    DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »

    Telemetry reports from the previous game would say otherwise, in reference to the bolded bit.

    Also, talk of 'realism' in this game goes out the window when there are aliens, ghosts, and the appearance of other supernaturals in the series as a whole, such as mermaids and vampires. Or the wellness skill providing teleportation. Not to mention the fact that in aging specifically, the Sims age instantly by years if not decades blowing out candles on a cake.

    Now, if you wanna say you want toddlers because you like them, or they fit your playstyle, that's cool. But 'realism'? :D That's a stretch.

    I wonder how many people turned telemetry option off though? That is something neither you nor I know.

    EA, please fix your fricken forums! having emoticons wanting to pop up with every character I type is frustrating beyond reason!

    That's something I don't understand. The same people who complain their playstyle isn't catered to are the ones saying they turn off or are against telemetry, lol. And the people who aren't concerned about the telemetry do seem to be catered to. Is there not any coincidence there?

    If the majority of people who turned their telemetry off also played with toddlers, well they shot themselves in the foot, lol. Can't take into account what isn't being shown. I want the company to have my telemetry, so they see my play and take it into account.

    You can be as obtuse as you wish to be. I also play with telemetry off as I feel it's no one's business how I play. I also opt out of any other software that requests my feedback. In your words, I should be punished for my desire for privacy? Fine. So be it. But guess what, you lost me as customer due to your decision. Not that it hurts you. There are so many others to be gained

    I'm just the type that would rather tell you why, as my telemetry really won't tell you 'f' all, as I play differently every time, but hey, if you think it's informative, so be it. Are you not having a problem with emoticons right now? This is something that just started happening like a few seconds ago regarldless of what device I'm using. Every charater I type, emoticons want to take precidence. Is this just me?

    (I'm having the emoticon issue too, yes. So annoying.) :disappointed:

    I never said you or anyone else should be 'punished'. I said you obviously wouldn't be counted, because your info isn't there to count. It's like voting for the President. You want -x- to win, but you don't go to the polls and instead write a blog or tell your neighbors about it. You could tell the entire world, but if your vote isn't there, it's not counted. You opted out.

    Stating your opinion is all well and good, but the company wants the hard data above anything else. If you have a glitch in the game, you don't just say it and expect them to take your word. You provide pics, and possibly the save file. Just like how I'm going to provide a screenshot of this stupid emoticon glitch in my report, so they just don't have to take my word on it.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited June 2016
    @kremesch73 I said it earlier too,emoticons making themselves and when trying to tag people the smiley list covers the names.Some of my sentences are cut off from emotes at the end and hitting enter or spacing paragraphs sometimes creates multples of them.People probably thought I was crazy nobody else mentioned it.

    Sorry. I haven't read any of your posts recently as I'm very selective about what I read and respond to. It just started happening to me. what device are you using? As this response isn't doing it. It's so intermittent that it's frustrating beyond explanation, but maybe it has something to do with our devices of choice?
    @kremesch73 I said it earlier too,emoticons making themselves and when trying to tag people the smiley list covers the names.Some of my sentences are cut off from emotes at the end and hitting enter or spacing paragraphs sometimes creates multples of them.People probably thought I was crazy nobody else mentioned it.

    I totally get that as mine are cut off too and my edits are just crazy because of it.
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »

    Telemetry reports from the previous game would say otherwise, in reference to the bolded bit.

    Also, talk of 'realism' in this game goes out the window when there are aliens, ghosts, and the appearance of other supernaturals in the series as a whole, such as mermaids and vampires. Or the wellness skill providing teleportation. Not to mention the fact that in aging specifically, the Sims age instantly by years if not decades blowing out candles on a cake.

    Now, if you wanna say you want toddlers because you like them, or they fit your playstyle, that's cool. But 'realism'? :D That's a stretch.

    I wonder how many people turned telemetry option off though? That is something neither you nor I know.

    EA, please fix your fricken forums! having emoticons wanting to pop up with every character I type is frustrating beyond reason!

    That's something I don't understand. The same people who complain their playstyle isn't catered to are the ones saying they turn off or are against telemetry, lol. And the people who aren't concerned about the telemetry do seem to be catered to. Is there not any coincidence there?

    If the majority of people who turned their telemetry off also played with toddlers, well they shot themselves in the foot, lol. Can't take into account what isn't being shown. I want the company to have my telemetry, so they see my play and take it into account.

    You can be as obtuse as you wish to be. I also play with telemetry off as I feel it's no one's business how I play. I also opt out of any other software that requests my feedback. In your words, I should be punished for my desire for privacy? Fine. So be it. But guess what, you lost me as customer due to your decision. Not that it hurts you. There are so many others to be gained

    I'm just the type that would rather tell you why, as my telemetry really won't tell you 'f' all, as I play differently every time, but hey, if you think it's informative, so be it. Are you not having a problem with emoticons right now? This is something that just started happening like a few seconds ago regarldless of what device I'm using. Every character I type, emoticons want to take precidence and it's frustrating as plum. Is this just me?

    I feel you about the desire to privacy, which is why I played the game at first with telemetry off. (dang emoticons!) But on the long run I started to feel that them getting reports of my crashes or my playstyle might help the developers to make a much much better game. If they can see reports of how the community plays, they also know what to tweak. At least, that's how I feel about it.

    I wish I had that optimism. I don't feel telemetry offers anything though. I worked for a company that fed off of telemetry in the past. I'm not going to play the expert here on the matter, but it did nothing for the company other than harm it. Dang emoticons are happening again! Feel like Alice in Wonderland Right now.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    @kremesch73 really? I'm sorry you had that experience.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited June 2016
    I never felt like ts3 didn't have much family play until generations and even then I didn't feel like it had much since it seemed like most things where separated by age. I feel like I have more family play in ts4 even with the lack of toddlers. The reason I feel this way is because kids and teens aren't restricted as much as they were back then. I mean kids can use hot tubs now and use the fossball table. Though those aren't what most people think of when they think family it can be used in family play. A family that like to spend their days challenging each other to a game of foosball or wind down from a busy day by relaxing in the hot tub. And with each pack they have been expanding on it, though maybe not obvious. Cool kitchen; eat ice cream as a family, Movie hangout; have a family movie night, Romantic garden; play in the fountain at the local park, spa day; relax in the family sauna, dine out; enjoy a nice dinner at your local mom & pop eatery.

    I think this "ts4=young adult party simulator" is just because what they have been releasing is just more obvious to use on adults but really most of it can be used with any age.

    I do want to see toddlers return and I hope when they do they make them compatible with most of the items that have been released in the already released packs. Imagine your little toddler playing in the fountain or watching a movie with the rest of their family.

    I also hope that preteen finally make an introduction to the series because just as @Maylee2 has pointed out that toddlers are an important stage in human development so are preteens. When kids hit what not really a kid but not yet a teen stage of life it's also when they start evaluating where they fit in the world and how the world around them fits with them. Most kids at those stage of life haven't or are just barely starting puberty. I'd say they teens we have now are in the late part of adolescence where puperty has hit and they have devolved a pretty good sense of who they are but still haven't a clue how the world works or how it can affect them. So we really need this early adolescence stage in game.
  • Options
    MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    @MorriSan I agree with your idea of family play :smile: ... as a matter of fact, I have lots of family play in game without toddlers, and my feeling about it is that it's much more family play with children, because, speaking from experiance, the toddler stage (in real life and in game) is more of a chore, a duty as a parent, a goal oriented life stage with a being that doesn't have much personality yet and is all about development. Babies and toddlers don't add anything special to the family play in this game beside being present and have parents taking care of them 24/7, whereas children are much more indipendent and you can express more of your creativity through them.
    Personally, I do want toddlers to be in the game. Not much because it's the most important life stage - I don't believe it is, like, at all -, but because it is a life stage, a very big age gap that's currently missing in the game. If my young adult sim would jump from young adult to elder, I would be pretty mad about it, since it breaks immersion.
    This is basically why I'm still waiting for toddlers. I want a life simulation game to cover life and its most crucial stages, even if I'm not going to love all of them at the same way.
    Will toddlers change my family play? Nope. At all. But it will make immersion much much better and give those who want to play with the earliest life stages more fun.

    *nods* and that is something I can fully understand and honestly, I never had a problem with any of your posts. I think you are a very thoughtful person. Wanting to do and experience something in the game is a reason enough to ask for the tools to really do it. It is restricting creativity to not have the option. I'll use the birthday cake to skip baby and toddler after using them once because my head will insert potty train, learn to walk, give a musical thingie and whatever. Others will repeat those things many times and try out what happens to the little sim if they don't do it.

    Which I personally hope is nothing, nada. Because otherwise I would have to replay that stage to get my sim to develop into (insert trait here).

    I love the kids in this game, they are real individuals and can be very cheeky, dramatical or introverted and everything in between. The babies (and toddlers) aren't as interesting to me.

    Telemetry is what companies base their strategies on. Companies want to make money, the more the better. They will serve the bigger groups first, depending on how well it fits into their gaming engine and coding. Online platforms removed from the game itself aren't very representative.



  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited June 2016
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »

    Telemetry reports from the previous game would say otherwise, in reference to the bolded bit.

    Also, talk of 'realism' in this game goes out the window when there are aliens, ghosts, and the appearance of other supernaturals in the series as a whole, such as mermaids and vampires. Or the wellness skill providing teleportation. Not to mention the fact that in aging specifically, the Sims age instantly by years if not decades blowing out candles on a cake.

    Now, if you wanna say you want toddlers because you like them, or they fit your playstyle, that's cool. But 'realism'? :D That's a stretch.

    I wonder how many people turned telemetry option off though? That is something neither you nor I know.

    EA, please fix your fricken forums! having emoticons wanting to pop up with every character I type is frustrating beyond reason!

    That's something I don't understand. The same people who complain their playstyle isn't catered to are the ones saying they turn off or are against telemetry, lol. And the people who aren't concerned about the telemetry do seem to be catered to. Is there not any coincidence there?

    If the majority of people who turned their telemetry off also played with toddlers, well they shot themselves in the foot, lol. Can't take into account what isn't being shown. I want the company to have my telemetry, so they see my play and take it into account.

    You can be as obtuse as you wish to be. I also play with telemetry off as I feel it's no one's business how I play. I also opt out of any other software that requests my feedback. In your words, I should be punished for my desire for privacy? Fine. So be it. But guess what, you lost me as customer due to your decision. Not that it hurts you. There are so many others to be gained

    I'm just the type that would rather tell you why, as my telemetry really won't tell you 'f' all, as I play differently every time, but hey, if you think it's informative, so be it. Are you not having a problem with emoticons right now? This is something that just started happening like a few seconds ago regarldless of what device I'm using. Every charater I type, emoticons want to take precidence. Is this just me?

    (I'm having the emoticon issue too, yes. So annoying.)

    I never said you or anyone else should be 'punished'. I said you obviously wouldn't be counted, because your info isn't there to count. It's like voting for the President. You want -x- to win, but you don't go to the polls and instead write a blog or tell your neighbors about it. You could tell the entire world, but if your vote isn't there, it's not counted. You opted out.

    Stating your opinion is all well and good, but the company wants the hard data above anything else. If you have a glitch in the game, you don't just say it and expect them to take your word. You provide pics, and possibly the save file. Just like how I'm going to provide a screenshot of this plum emoticon glitch in my report, so they just don't have to take my word on it.

    I'm trying to bear with this as emoticons are plaguing me again. I'll try to keep this as short as I can (mostly due to my own intolerance to the madness!) hehe

    I worked for a company that used telemetry, as I believe I mentioned already. It harmed the company more than the good it thought it would do. Eventually, the Manager was fired. She was fired because she wasn't living up to expectations. It's a scary thought when you consider the reason why. She was not arguing the reason or trying to remedy the issue. Head office was adamant about the telemetry. She never disputed it. She rode us harder and harder, and eventurally, it was her job that was on the line

    She lost her job. Did she do a bad job? She was doing as she was told to do from head office, and it cost them, and her. We were losing customers, left, right, and center.

    The one who took over took the time to spend time with each of us. I was one of the ones who took the time to communicate with our custumers and I told him exactly what the concerns were. He chose to ingnore what head office required of him. He took the brunt force. The company thrives now. I wish I could indulge more, but these emoticons... I could totally eat their faces off right now! Argh, Grhhh, etc...

    Basicially, telemetry taught me and our company a valuable lesson: It does not work, and it can hurt a company more than it can benefit it.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited June 2016
    @kremesch73 I am using a HP Laptop.Mine started like afternoon today I think.This post though actually is working and it is a great feeling cause being dislexic I already have to edit my posts like 5 times then that made it worse. :D

    Also the sims 3 exchange has been broke since the 10th early morning.Any time with Sims maintenance seems to mean malice.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

    DfydFiZ.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top