Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'Family Play' isn't just toddlers

167891012...Next

Comments

  • Options
    MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    edited June 2016
    Scobre wrote: »
    @MorriSan I can honestly say all these anti-Simmer threads are ruining my experience with forums. I'm sorry you don't get it. It is against forum rules to attack Simmers. Not that you did it, but your thread is a flame bait to welcome that type of behavior which obviously by your last post it has since someone is actively talking bad about Simmers with you. I will not tolerate forum bullying in any form. Which is why I'm going to have to tag @SimGuruDrake @SimStaffBethelle @SimStaffGabriel and @SimStaffJessica about this.

    If you are that diligent about bullying - why don't you extent your righteous indignation to the forum users who feel bullied by extreme toddler fans. Oh wait - they just shouldn't talk about toddlers in any way that isn't longing. So it's their own fault, eh?

    And people privately telling me things in general, with no names mentioned AT ALL !!!!! is talking bad about simers? Do you hear yourself? I take it back, you arent thoughtful, you are just what you accuse me to be, a bully. It's like- oh wait. Someone just told me that I am insane in a pm for not wanting toddlers. Ooops. That poor, bullied person is only reacting to my persecuting them, yeah?

    You know what, in the future, whenever I'm talking about something to other forum users which doesn't involve toddlers, and someone interrupts, I will pin the gurus too. For bullying me. Thank you for showing me that wonderful and good option.

    Edit: Correction, I saw the pm appear out of the corner of my eyes and read that line. My response was out of context. it was someone telling me that she'd been called insane for not wanting toddlers. Doesn't make it better.
    Post edited by MorriSan on
  • Options
    MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    @SimGuruDrake @SimStaffBethelle @SimStaffGabriel and @SimStaffJessica I feel bullied by into keeping my mouth shut. They are using their agenda to diminish my online experience on the forums and belittle my personal believes and even openly state that they do it to prevent 'weakening their hopes on toddlers'. Theyr gang pressure people into shutting up to the point that people don't like to participate.

  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Telemetry ???????? I have the base game and GTW so can someone tell me what telemetry is please??

    It is just a game and we all want something more in our game. some are happy with just the way it is.
    personally I like playing the baby stage because it builds up their relationship bars. so once there way up I age the baby. But I would love the toddlers in my game, if I were a sim I'd be a family sim all the time. I do play sims that start out single but soon I marry them and they have a family, because I enjoy playing families and after a while I get bored playing a single sim.
    Toddlers would be the crown on my game the cherry on my cake. pets I'm not to bothered about, they would be nice, but I never fully got to play the pets in sims 3, on my to do list.
    Sims is just a game, and some parts reflect real life, its on a different universe where ghosts, aliens and no toddlers or pets exist. Yet.
  • Options
    MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    edited June 2016
    Telemetry ???????? I have the base game and GTW so can someone tell me what telemetry is please??

    It is just a game and we all want something more in our game. some are happy with just the way it is.
    personally I like playing the baby stage because it builds up their relationship bars. so once there way up I age the baby. But I would love the toddlers in my game, if I were a sim I'd be a family sim all the time. I do play sims that start out single but soon I marry them and they have a family, because I enjoy playing families and after a while I get bored playing a single sim.
    Toddlers would be the crown on my game the cherry on my cake. pets I'm not to bothered about, they would be nice, but I never fully got to play the pets in sims 3, on my to do list.
    Sims is just a game, and some parts reflect real life, its on a different universe where ghosts, aliens and no toddlers or pets exist. Yet.

    I'm not quite happy with the content of the game either, but who is? They wouldn't have buyers to sell addons to if that was the case. I would adore more interactions for adults and teenagers to have more difference to adults. The average teen should be much more emotional than the average adult and they aren't at the moment. Toddlers would add options for the few times I would use them but I'm more into directing teh adults through various experiences and scenarios. I think I used it as an example, but I would cry happy tears about a space station! it isn't a widely shared wish but I can dream ^^
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I agree, although I think Toddlers are apart of Family Play, I personally perceive the play style to be about playing with families in general and that can be playing as a single Sim who interacts with family members from a different households to even playing with Sims who are close friends(I count my close friends as family). I understand the want for Toddlers and I fully side with those who keep asking for them, however, I dislike it when people I try to support belittle my own opinion on what 'Family Play' is.

    Everyone who keeps saying The Sims 4 is all about partying honestly makes me want to ask them if they've even played the game at all. Partying is and has always been an optional social event in The Sims and content-wise, The Sims 4 has only really had 2-3 party focused packs(Stuff Packs and an Expansion Pack-a side/small focus as well), plus 2/3 Launch Day DLCs adding party-themed content, however, there are two things people seem to forget:
    1. The Sims, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 have way more party content in comparison.
    2. Technically, every piece of content(any clothing and objects) can be used for parties, just because there is even a stereotype for different parties doesn't mean you have to follow that - you can have Bear Costume Parties or Ice Cream Parties if you want to and it's all up to you and your own creative thinking.

    I think Toddlers are part of Family Play but I don't believe they are crucial for family play to exist, it's all about perspective and I've grown tired of people telling me that my perspective of family play is wrong. Can we just all accept that there is no specific Family Play, it's just composed of individuals with their own perspectives on the play style - there is no set play style(there may be a general one, however, everyone puts their own touch into it).
    Good post. Honestly I don't think there is a right or wrong with family play. Simmers do have different perspectives regarding any play style. No two Simmers play exactly the same. It varies from Simmer to Simmer. The partying reference is just how the Sims 4 has been marketed so far, so not so much the packs, but a marketing issue. The Sims 3 had some partying trailers too.

    For me I just can't reflect my own family in this iteration which stinks. Others probably can or just don't care to, so not having toddlers works for them or they just accept the Sims 4 for what it is which is cool too. It is like how some people like the unisex update or want pets. They want to be able to tell their own stories in the Sims. Pretty much I view features like tools. Some people might not use the tools, but others might. Why it is better to have enough tools to tell a story than no tools at all. It could apply to anything whether it is pools or supernaturals or seasons or schools. A life simulation game should provide the tools to tell a story. When it doesn't, that is when Simmers start feeling alienated and ignored.

    Sorry you got told your perspective of family play is wrong. I can relate to that since I've lost count how many times I've been told that for wanting toddlers, better babies, and children that can play too. It can get frustrating. The tone of the first post was not very nice either. Basically telling people that want toddlers their perspective of family play is wrong too. I think we should just accept that our community is diverse and to keep topics about the game rather than about each other. Of course as soon as I saw that I must admit I do like your posts a lot Prink. They are very well thought out and I enjoy reading them. :)

    I don't think that a set way exists for play-styles, I mean, even the most non-linear games are played differently by different players. Arcade games from the late 20th century is an example, although they only have one control, one objective and the game stays the same, different players progress at different paces, using different tactics, with different perception of the game. I think each individual is the only one who can truly decide what play-style they have, especially since it's a diverse and person topic - it shouldn't anger someone else how an individual perceives they play a game.

    That does stink and I hope that you and many others who want Toddlers to reflect themselves and their loved ones are given that ability to do so! I'm one of those simmers who've had a mixed opinion on Toddlers over the past year and few months, sometimes I want them in the game, sometimes I don't care and even a few times I didn't want them, however, it would be a close-minded attitude not to support others for something that won't be forced upon you and won't affect you negatively, especially if you yourself actually want the same thing. I'll admit, I do really want Toddlers back, after going through my old posts and playing The Sims 2 and The Sims 3, I remember how much more I cared about my Sims and loved them when I got to see them stand, walk and run for the first time, makes me teary-eyed just thinking about it xD I think as a community, rather than belittle each other's want for something that reflects who we are in a game that we love or want to love, that we should all support each other's wishes, whether it's Toddlers, Parties or Non-stripper cakes(I don't know what else to call these cakes where Sims jump out in surprise, they were in The Sims, just think it would be nice for a Sim to surprise someone they love by jumping out of a cake... I know that sounds a little weird but it's The Sims XD). Every simmer should get the chance to tell their story how they want to <3

    Whilst it did sadden me to see others belittle my comment, I don't hold it against them, this forum isn't the most relaxing place to be, plus, we're all human beings who have uncontrollable emotions, sometimes people say what they don't mean when they're in a bad mood. I'm sorry you and many others are faced with hateful replies just because you ask for something you care about, it just isn't right. Gaming forums are for the expression of any opinion(So long as it abides by the forum rules of course), whether people dislike or like an opinion, I think people should respect other peoples' opinions, it's not such a bad thing to look at a topic in a different perspective :)

    Thank you Scobre!!! I personally enjoy reading your posts as well ^-^, even when I don't always agree with your opinions, you always comment kindly without belittling someone else which is why I really respect your opinions and because you're one of the first simmers to greet me when I first came here and one of the simmers I've quickly come to respect, it's very nice to get a compliment from you :3:cookie:
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited June 2016
    Noogster wrote: »
    Noogster wrote: »
    I never said people wanting toddlers is wrong. Saying I don't care about sim toddlers doesn't determine what the creators decide to do anyways

    Saying you don't care doesn't say you don't want toddlers either, which is the confusing part. Are people not understanding the difference between "I don't like them" or "I don't care about them" with "I don't want them in my game?" :/

    This whole discussion has exploded out of misunderstanding and it's ridiculous.
    I understand why I never went into the toddler debate. :s

    For me I don't care if you don't want toddlers. Means nothing to me. You enjoy the game however you like and it's your business:

    What I dislike is when people feel pressured to justify their play style whatever that is. And to suggest that because some people who ask for toddlers have acted out that other people who like toddlers should suffer for their actions is grossly unfair

    For me it's about everyone being free to enjoy the game how they enjoy it, request what will make them happy and not being made to feel like if they say something is important to them (without suggesting anything about someone else's experience being valid) that it will be suggested that their experience means anything through assumption to another players experience

    So to sum up-if someone says that your family play is wrong they are in the wrong. That doesn't mean other toddler fans should suffer for that persons comment and it also doesn't mean that because toddlers make some people's experience of the game that there is anything wrong with that. That's their experience, noone else's. It only becomes an issue if someone directly says 'you can't enjoy your version because it doesn't match mine'. You cannot assume anyone saying toddlers make their game is in the wrong or suggesting anything in regards to your own subjective experience.

    I stopped reading after a few sentences because I honestly don't know what you want from me.

    For the last time, I'm not pointing fingers saying that those who say toddlers "make" their game is in the wrong, it's how they say it. I.E saying that it should be the top priority before anything else, insinuating nothing else is important but what they might want.

    That isn't fair.


    To me this is simple.

    Logically toddlers are more important than anything else being added to the game. The game is called The Sims 4. The game is about the sims. The Sims themselves are the game. Everything else in the game is only there to be used by the sims. The sims should be complete before they add any other content. The Sims are not complete because they jump from being a baby to a child. It is jarring. The game is supposed to be a life simulator, yet it misses out one of the most formative stages of a persons life.

    It is ridiculous that they left this stage of life out. The Sims 4 is not a side game. The last two predecessors had toddlers at launch. It is unacceptable for a premium priced AAA game mainline sims game to miss out an entire established life stage.

    How can anyone seriously argue that the sims themselves are not important? They are still incomplete after nearly two years.
  • Options
    MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member

    To me this is simple.

    Logically toddlers are more important than anything else being added to the game. The game is called The Sims 4. The game is about the sims. The Sims themselves are the game. Everything else in the game is only there to be used by the sims. The sims should be complete before they add any other content. The Sims are not complete because they jump from being a baby to a child. It is jarring. The game is supposed to be a life simulator, yet it misses out one of the most formative stages of a persons life.

    It is ridiculous that they left this stage of life out. The Sims 4 is not a side game. The last two predecessors had toddlers at launch. It is unacceptable for a premium priced AAA game mainline sims game to miss out an entire established life stage.

    How can anyone seriously argue that the sims themselves are not important? They are still incomplete after nearly two years.

    Sims are important. I would prefer to see less of a gap between adults and elders. kid and young adult is too big a gap too and would interest me far more than toddlers.

    But the game is not only and not mainly about the pixelated person but also about the world they live in. Originally the working title for the Sims included the word dollhouse (info is of loading screen of sms 3 or 2, I don't remember which) so I can legitimately argue that BUILDING is just as important as Sims. There is a huge portion of players who mainly build lots and nealry never use the to play, they jump to the next project when one is finished.

    At the moment we lack many features that were standard in sims3. We can't edit the world, we can't edit the terrain elevation and we can't move the lots around. If any of these features gets added I will use hours and hours to explore the new possbilities and they will be a permanent part of my playstyle.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Noogster wrote: »
    Noogster wrote: »
    I never said people wanting toddlers is wrong. Saying I don't care about sim toddlers doesn't determine what the creators decide to do anyways

    Saying you don't care doesn't say you don't want toddlers either, which is the confusing part. Are people not understanding the difference between "I don't like them" or "I don't care about them" with "I don't want them in my game?" :/

    This whole discussion has exploded out of misunderstanding and it's ridiculous.
    I understand why I never went into the toddler debate. :s

    For me I don't care if you don't want toddlers. Means nothing to me. You enjoy the game however you like and it's your business:

    What I dislike is when people feel pressured to justify their play style whatever that is. And to suggest that because some people who ask for toddlers have acted out that other people who like toddlers should suffer for their actions is grossly unfair

    For me it's about everyone being free to enjoy the game how they enjoy it, request what will make them happy and not being made to feel like if they say something is important to them (without suggesting anything about someone else's experience being valid) that it will be suggested that their experience means anything through assumption to another players experience

    So to sum up-if someone says that your family play is wrong they are in the wrong. That doesn't mean other toddler fans should suffer for that persons comment and it also doesn't mean that because toddlers make some people's experience of the game that there is anything wrong with that. That's their experience, noone else's. It only becomes an issue if someone directly says 'you can't enjoy your version because it doesn't match mine'. You cannot assume anyone saying toddlers make their game is in the wrong or suggesting anything in regards to your own subjective experience.

    I stopped reading after a few sentences because I honestly don't know what you want from me.

    For the last time, I'm not pointing fingers saying that those who say toddlers "make" their game is in the wrong, it's how they say it. I.E saying that it should be the top priority before anything else, insinuating nothing else is important but what they might want.

    That isn't fair.


    To me this is simple.

    Logically toddlers are more important than anything else being added to the game. The game is called The Sims 4. The game is about the sims. The Sims themselves are the game. Everything else in the game is only there to be used by the sims. The sims should be complete before they add any other content. The Sims are not complete because they jump from being a baby to a child. It is jarring. The game is supposed to be a life simulator, yet it misses out one of the most formative stages of a persons life.

    It is ridiculous that they left this stage of life out. The Sims 4 is not a side game. The last two predecessors had toddlers at launch. It is unacceptable for a premium priced AAA game mainline sims game to miss out an entire established life stage.

    How can anyone seriously argue that the sims themselves are not important? They are still incomplete after nearly two years.

    I agree the game focus should be the sims. However I disagree that toddlers are more important than anything added to the game. It's not black and white. Toddlers were in some previous versions not in this version of the sims. I would rather see teens fleshed out a little, I.e make them shorter, make them look like teenagers and maybe give them mood swings and acne before we add in toddlers.
  • Options
    MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    Noogster wrote: »
    Noogster wrote: »
    I never said people wanting toddlers is wrong. Saying I don't care about sim toddlers doesn't determine what the creators decide to do anyways

    Saying you don't care doesn't say you don't want toddlers either, which is the confusing part. Are people not understanding the difference between "I don't like them" or "I don't care about them" with "I don't want them in my game?" :/

    This whole discussion has exploded out of misunderstanding and it's ridiculous.
    I understand why I never went into the toddler debate. :s

    For me I don't care if you don't want toddlers. Means nothing to me. You enjoy the game however you like and it's your business:

    What I dislike is when people feel pressured to justify their play style whatever that is. And to suggest that because some people who ask for toddlers have acted out that other people who like toddlers should suffer for their actions is grossly unfair

    For me it's about everyone being free to enjoy the game how they enjoy it, request what will make them happy and not being made to feel like if they say something is important to them (without suggesting anything about someone else's experience being valid) that it will be suggested that their experience means anything through assumption to another players experience

    So to sum up-if someone says that your family play is wrong they are in the wrong. That doesn't mean other toddler fans should suffer for that persons comment and it also doesn't mean that because toddlers make some people's experience of the game that there is anything wrong with that. That's their experience, noone else's. It only becomes an issue if someone directly says 'you can't enjoy your version because it doesn't match mine'. You cannot assume anyone saying toddlers make their game is in the wrong or suggesting anything in regards to your own subjective experience.

    I stopped reading after a few sentences because I honestly don't know what you want from me.

    For the last time, I'm not pointing fingers saying that those who say toddlers "make" their game is in the wrong, it's how they say it. I.E saying that it should be the top priority before anything else, insinuating nothing else is important but what they might want.

    That isn't fair.


    To me this is simple.

    Logically toddlers are more important than anything else being added to the game. The game is called The Sims 4. The game is about the sims. The Sims themselves are the game. Everything else in the game is only there to be used by the sims. The sims should be complete before they add any other content. The Sims are not complete because they jump from being a baby to a child. It is jarring. The game is supposed to be a life simulator, yet it misses out one of the most formative stages of a persons life.

    It is ridiculous that they left this stage of life out. The Sims 4 is not a side game. The last two predecessors had toddlers at launch. It is unacceptable for a premium priced AAA game mainline sims game to miss out an entire established life stage.

    How can anyone seriously argue that the sims themselves are not important? They are still incomplete after nearly two years.

    I agree the game focus should be the sims. However I disagree that toddlers are more important than anything added to the game. It's not black and white. Toddlers were in some previous versions not in this version of the sims. I would rather see teens fleshed out a little, I.e make them shorter, make them look like teenagers and maybe give them mood swings and acne before we add in toddlers.

    Teens/young adults aren't very different from adults, they need some love and a lot more definition to distinguish them from other life stages. What interactions would you want to see most inside and outside of family play? I would love a getting grounded option that makes them unable to leave the house outside schooltime for a few days.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    That would be awesome!

    Teens should be able to have acne again, they should have mood swings and they should be able to ask parents permission to go out and if they don't get it they should sneak out. (Highly unlikely we would get that one as right now they don't have a curfew!)
    They need to look like teenagers. In my legacy my heir is a young adult , her sister is a teenager, her mom is almost an elder, to look at them there is no physical distinction as to which one is older. If you didn't know you probably would get it wrong!



  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    edited June 2016
    I'd like to add my few cents on this topic one last time before leaving the conversation (if it gets any worse).
    I feel like people here are off topic and that the discussion has taken a much different road from what OP intended at first.
    My feeling about this thread is that it was OP's desire at first to talk about the fact that there are all sorts of ways of playing families, and that the presence or absence of toddlers doesn't undermine or elevate necessarely that sort of gameplay. She also mentioned that she felt a relation between the "need" for toddlers as the only mean to validate family play and the fact that society most of the times - and here, as a woman myself, I have to fully agree - pushes the idea that only a woman giving birth to a baby is the key to family. It was the definition of "family" itself, the core of this discussion.
    I haven't see anybody here saying that those who want toddlers should shut up or explain why they want them, nor even saying that toddlers have no value or that they wouldn't add anything to those who truly want them. As a matter of fact, I've seen OP writing, and I quote: " I certainly don’t ask fans of toddlers to stop" in the very first post of this discussion.
    It wasn't a thread about the fact that we need or we don't need toddlers, nor a thread about how somebody's play style is more "valuable" or "right" compared to others. It was just a discussion about how we can explore different type of families in this particular game.
    Of course, if somebody feels like they can't play families at all because we all still lack that particular life stage, and that life stage is the key of their gameplay, they have all the right in the world to say it and to keep their opinion. But besides that... really, taking this conversation or the lack of toddlers on a personal level looks to me like completely going off topic.
    This said, think whatever you want, you're obviously all entitled to your opinions and your own feelings.

    This discussion made me want to go back to an old save I haven't played in months, since lately I've been 100% focused on legacy play.
    In that save I was playing rotationally, and I had so many different kind of families. Orphaned teens and children. Remarried parents. Cheating husbands. Families with no kids at all. Evil kids trying their best to murder their parents :p ... I feel like june 2nd patch would do total justice to that save, by adding even more diversity and creativity.
    So... once again, happy simming everybody :) be nice to each other!
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    edited June 2016
    @MorriSan

    When you say "people" and "you" think "there’s no family play because there are no toddlers’ " you are probably talking about a small amount of people who specifically said this. Its not like its most of us.

    be happy to know that theres a lot of people who don't say this, they just want toddlers in the game as it adds a lot to family play for obvious reasons e.g. learning to talk, walk etc and extends that innocent age before they are a teen.

    Sure many view that the focus for the Sims has been on mainly young adult rather then children. But we all have different views.

    I'm sorry if other people came off negative towards you, there will always be people like this. Don't let it get to you :)
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I agree, although I think Toddlers are apart of Family Play, I personally perceive the play style to be about playing with families in general and that can be playing as a single Sim who interacts with family members from a different households to even playing with Sims who are close friends(I count my close friends as family). I understand the want for Toddlers and I fully side with those who keep asking for them, however, I dislike it when people I try to support belittle my own opinion on what 'Family Play' is.

    Everyone who keeps saying The Sims 4 is all about partying honestly makes me want to ask them if they've even played the game at all. Partying is and has always been an optional social event in The Sims and content-wise, The Sims 4 has only really had 2-3 party focused packs(Stuff Packs and an Expansion Pack-a side/small focus as well), plus 2/3 Launch Day DLCs adding party-themed content, however, there are two things people seem to forget:
    1. The Sims, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 have way more party content in comparison.
    2. Technically, every piece of content(any clothing and objects) can be used for parties, just because there is even a stereotype for different parties doesn't mean you have to follow that - you can have Bear Costume Parties or Ice Cream Parties if you want to and it's all up to you and your own creative thinking.

    I think Toddlers are part of Family Play but I don't believe they are crucial for family play to exist, it's all about perspective and I've grown tired of people telling me that my perspective of family play is wrong. Can we just all accept that there is no specific Family Play, it's just composed of individuals with their own perspectives on the play style - there is no set play style(there may be a general one, however, everyone puts their own touch into it).

    I have to comment Prink ... often times when I see people say Sims4 is all about partying, I wonder if the two of us are playing the same game.

    I've grown accustomed of being told how my playing is wrong and how my perspective of family play is wrong. You get used to it after a while, your ignore list will fluctuate. I stay in threads where I feel accepted and avoid ones that I don't.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @MorriSan get down off your high horse (ironic given your avi) and just respect that some people want toddlers and consider that toddlers make a family. This isn't a personal attack on your views or lifestyle, we're allowed to state how we feel just as you are. There's really no reason for people to write page-long counter arguments or twist everything we say, you don't want toddlers and that's fine - you can age them up. But we do and we're going to keep screaming about them until we get heard/are told they're not coming.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,538 Member
    @Kiwicantdie, what an awesome post.
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    @simgirl1010 thanks! <3
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    Maylee2Maylee2 Posts: 179 Member
    edited June 2016
    We have the right to let the staff know about this. What do you get out of people by saying toddlers isn't family play (I see them as family play, but I don't honk it should apply to everyone.)

    Extreme toddler dislikers (I'm am not talking about all) wanna bang and smash on every thread and say how we don't need toddlers. Hey you guys, you don't speak for me. You don't speak for no one. You don't represent how I feel about toddlers. Not everyone is going to agree on your views. I stand up for myself only and I can't have anyone else saying my opinion for me.

    The truth extreme toddlers "dislikers" you aren't the judge. You don't decide for no one. Your just ignorant. Blast ignorant. I'm not helpless or weak so I can speak for myself. Stay out of people's crap and let them say for themselves. I'm tired of this. They don't know how to keep their mouths shut and let everyone be about their business. Like a butt hurted prissy pants when we bring up a topic or a word. Wow, how childish.

    (Sorry off topic. I was not talking about you and extreme toddler dislikers are the ones acting rude and selfish when it comes to toddlers unlike others who don't like toddlers but don't care and say nothing at all.)
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    The creators need to speak up about toddlers being made or not coming because this topic gets more and more ridiculous. If they said no it wouldn't matter to me at all and I know other fans would be mad but at least you'd have your answer. Or they might be taking a while because of the expectations many of you have
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,637 Member
    edited June 2016
    The creators need to speak up about toddlers being made or not coming because this topic gets more and more ridiculous. If they said no it wouldn't matter to me at all and I know other fans would be mad but at least you'd have your answer. Or they might be taking a while because of the expectations many of you have

    As far as I'm concerned, the more they don't say at this point, after pinning that toddlers topic and releasing gender options (a big project) in a patch and reminding us that they can't talk about future content, especially free content, and making sure we know that they can't talk about upcoming free content until the fiscal quarter they're going to release it in and that baby bottle in Dine Out, the more I'm convinced that they're coming, which would make "no" a lie and would make "yes" something that can't be said yet. I hope I'm not proven wrong. But I just don't see actual evidence of cynical money-grubbing behavior from this team (selling stuff isn't cynical money-grubbing behavior - it's what companies do; selling or patching in stuff that someone who isn't you wants just is evidence that we aren't all the same; taking time to release stuff happens because you can't actually make all the things at once; not making only what someone has already asked for is what creative people do, and we wouldn't have the game in the first place if it weren't for that). I don't want the team to lie; I don't want them to say "no" and then go back on their word later - it's playing with people emotions even more; I don't want them to risk their financial health by telling us things when they aren't supposed to. I'll settle for an answer when there can be one without backtracking and without lying and without people's incomes being at risk. Mind you, I've thought since launch that toddlers would eventually be made and eventually be patched in; I just feel like more evidence is out there now that current silence just might not be a nasty ploy.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited June 2016
    Simanite wrote: »
    @MorriSan get down off your high horse (ironic given your avi) and just respect that some people want toddlers and consider that toddlers make a family. This isn't a personal attack on your views or lifestyle, we're allowed to state how we feel just as you are. There's really no reason for people to write page-long counter arguments or twist everything we say, you don't want toddlers and that's fine - you can age them up. But we do and we're going to keep screaming about them until we get heard/are told they're not coming.

    Then keep screaming and act like toddlers should be the main priority and put your feelings first (as you put it in some other thread).

    You say it's not a personal attack. When you and a few others collectively state creativity, diversity and LGBT+ inclusion is not a priority, that toddlers should come first because that's how YOU feel, that is flat out selfish.

    Yes you can want toddlers, but don't do so in a condescending, selfish way.

    I am no longer tolerating this. If you can't understand that we are all fine with toddlers, that we just wouldn't play with them, that's your own fault for not reading between the lines.

    I'm no longer following this thread.
  • Options
    SimStaffBethelleSimStaffBethelle Posts: 1,748 SimGuru (retired)
    We are closing this thread now for personal attacks and discussing the players rather then the topic. Please keep posts on track with their original purpose. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top