Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Achievement Thread - Guide on how to achieve them

Comments

• Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I'm on patch 1.67 and I've got all EPs and most SPs. The plot thickens, I guess. :p
    giphy.gif

• Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    Well, I ran the attempt three times on the full game, starting new each time each time and getting suggestions that supernaturals were preventing it, maybe I needed to ask extra people, etc. On the older version it took exactly the stated 5 requests, and did not care that two of them were nonhuman. So something seems to have been changed somewhere.

Short answer - this game is just messy. :D
  • Options
    KlaivetteKlaivette Posts: 5 New Member
    Thank you so much for taking the time to do this! It is so helpful to have! I tried to do it on my own but it was going to be extremely time consuming.
  • Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Klaivette wrote: »
    Thank you so much for taking the time to do this! It is so helpful to have! I tried to do it on my own but it was going to be extremely time consuming.

You're welcome! :)
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    KlaivetteKlaivette Posts: 5 New Member
    I am not sure if this will help anybody out or not- I am working on 10 to the 4th Simoleons, what I have found out is that if I have my sim (He is maxed out in Science Skill and Logic, and at the Top level of Science Career and has the supposed "cool down") Analyze his forbidden fruit and at least a herb, a gem, mineral, fruit, veggie, bug and fish. After that I have him do all the experiments, starting with Cloning ( I have at LEAST 3 clones of each item so that way I do not run out of the items in my inventory), the Horticulture, and so forth, doing my research sample last. THEN I have him take a DNA sample from either his Wife, daughter, and I make sure I get a few occult sims. I also do Ink blot tests and the stimulus response test on either 3 of them (just depends on who is available to him) after All the above is done, I then go Correlate Data. So far I have had 3 pay outs all above $140 Simoleons. Figured it would be a little better than getting only $20-$50 every so often. It is pretty time consuming but, it helps that he is already at the top of his career.
    Again not sure if it is a coincidence or not. Really wish they would let you know what kind of research they are wanting. But been working on this Badge for at least a week now (on and off between work and other responsibilities) and Im currently at $3,723. Hoping to have it within the next week or so. But Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Klaivette wrote: »
    I am not sure if this will help anybody out or not- I am working on 10 to the 4th Simoleons, what I have found out is that if I have my sim (He is maxed out in Science Skill and Logic, and at the Top level of Science Career and has the supposed "cool down") Analyze his forbidden fruit and at least a herb, a gem, mineral, fruit, veggie, bug and fish. After that I have him do all the experiments, starting with Cloning ( I have at LEAST 3 clones of each item so that way I do not run out of the items in my inventory), the Horticulture, and so forth, doing my research sample last. THEN I have him take a DNA sample from either his Wife, daughter, and I make sure I get a few occult sims. I also do Ink blot tests and the stimulus response test on either 3 of them (just depends on who is available to him) after All the above is done, I then go Correlate Data. So far I have had 3 pay outs all above $140 Simoleons. Figured it would be a little better than getting only $20-$50 every so often. It is pretty time consuming but, it helps that he is already at the top of his career.
    Again not sure if it is a coincidence or not. Really wish they would let you know what kind of research they are wanting. But been working on this Badge for at least a week now (on and off between work and other responsibilities) and Im currently at $3,723. Hoping to have it within the next week or so. But Happy Simming! :)

I wrote a post about it, in the middle of the first page. In short, the simoleons received depend a lot on relevant "Breakthroughs" and “Interactions” your sim make (whenever your sim makes a “breakthrough at the “Science Station”, you get a notification like “Your sim made a breakthrough… so many breakthrough, so little time” (apparently based on Micheal Brown’s song). The topic of the upcoming correlation session being random, having made a large array of "Breakthroughs" and “Interactions” makes sure you secure relevant ones. When you do, you get a positive notification saying that the scientists are eager to analyse your data, with a payout ranging between §100 and §500. I've barely ever seen any amount above §500. (I’ve read somebody boasting about getting nearly §1000, but the max I’ve seen was *I think* §650 after an extensive time spent at the “Science Station”), while failing to provide any will result in a payout ranging from §1 to§50 (Minimum I’ve ever seen was §2). You apparently also may spend (lose/waste) non-relevant ones, resulting in a negative notification but a payout ranging from §50 to §100. Once your “Breakthrough” (or “Interaction”) is used, it’s spent. There seems to be a formula like: (((Points based on “Breakthroughs” and “Interrections”) x (a modifier)) x ((“Science” skill level) x (a modifier))) I do not know if any skill (other than “Science”), traits or rewards affect this amount in any way but it’s likely.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    Still working on 30 grandchildren badge. I have now worked through two games. In my latest, I have a single mother who adopted 2 children. Both children adopted the grandchildren. There are over 30 grandchildren but the badge has not activated yet. I thought I would have 1 of the children get pregnant to see if that matter. It didn't but what is interesting is when she got pregnant, the grandmother had a wish to become a grandparent even though the family tree clearly labels all the adopted children as grandchildren. I tried selecting the wish but I had the game on full speed and it disappeared too fast.

I think I will start a third game and try again.

I also will try for another badge just to see if my game can still generate a badge.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Me1620 wrote: »
    Still working on 30 grandchildren badge. I have now worked through two games. In my latest, I have a single mother who adopted 2 children. Both children adopted the grandchildren. There are over 30 grandchildren but the badge has not activated yet. I thought I would have 1 of the children get pregnant to see if that matter. It didn't but what is interesting is when she got pregnant, the grandmother had a wish to become a grandparent even though the family tree clearly labels all the adopted children as grandchildren. I tried selecting the wish but I had the game on full speed and it disappeared too fast.

I also will try for another badge just to see if my game can still generate a badge.

That's odd... Could you try this time with the initial trio already made up?
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    I will try that.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    I still dont understand why the grandparent having a grandchildren wish didnt work out. I think those two issues are related...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    I'm back with another problem. :D

I'm trying for the Psychic Sycophant badge and you've got to hold 5 Psychic Conventions. I've gotten my sim to hold one, but it's been greyed out after that. I read on Carl's guide that you can hold a convention every three days. But it's been over two weeks for my sim now.

I've tried resetting the whole town, resetting the theater lot, and adding a brand new theater to the town altogether. It still stays greyed out, saying the message "you can't hold another convention so soon, people will lose interest!" Or something.

Any thoughts? I googled and I can't find any other mentions of this problem. :#
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited August 2017
    KATENESS wrote: »
    I'm back with another problem. :D

I'm trying for the Psychic Sycophant badge and you've got to hold 5 Psychic Conventions. I've gotten my sim to hold one, but it's been greyed out after that. I read on Carl's guide that you can hold a convention every three days. But it's been over two weeks for my sim now.

I've tried resetting the whole town, resetting the theater lot, and adding a brand new theater to the town altogether. It still stays greyed out, saying the message "you can't hold another convention so soon, people will lose interest!" Or something.

Any thoughts? I googled and I can't find any other mentions of this problem. :#

First of all, there might be an NPC "Celbrity Psychic" holding one the moment it gets available... Have you checked your coworkers ranks? If there is one, purchase the "Gypsie Wagon", and, well, fire him ... or sic Grimm on him... Second, have you tried "Shift"+"Ctrl"+"C" then typed "resetSim [your sim's name] (you might want to put your sims inventory someplace else)? Third, what mods do you use? If you got "DebugEnabler", have you tried resetting the "Gypsie Wagon" building or "Town Hall" building (as the event is either tied to your sim, to the world, or to your sim's work location, but not to the theater)? BTW conventions both "Psychic Conventions" and "Gaming Conventions" held at stadiums usually pay a bit more than those at theaters ;) ! Fourth, it might sound a bit plum, but have you tried Saving, Quitting, clearing the cache and Reloading? Fifth, in "Edit Town", is the "Gypsie Wagon" on a "Visitor Allowed" or "No Visitor Allowed" lot?
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    @Lexers615 So many good ideas to try! I've saved and quit and cleared caches pretty normally while playing. I didn't start to suspect something was wrong until it was after two weeks (in game time) then I checked Carl's Guide.

I used Master Controller to reset the whole town and the theater lot. I didn't think about resetting the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Wagon and City Hall individually. I could try resetting my sim, but I think resetting the whole town reset her already.

I'll have to check her co-workers. I'm not sure about their career level.

I'm playing in Moonlight Falls and I don't remember seeing an option to hold the convention at the Stadium. It's certainly not there now, even greyed out. It could be that it's the combined school/stadium RH and I've heard those are glitchy. I could try placing a separate stadium and see if it pops up.

I also haven't tried moving my sims out of the house and back in. Sometimes that resets things, but I doubt it would work for this since I think it's more lot-based.

I'll let you know when I get back in my game. It might not be for a few days, unless I can sneak in some time today. Thanks for all your help! :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    I reset both the caravan and the city hall lot, and no luck. I just checked and the lot with the caravan was set to Small Park. I placed a new caravan down and deleted the old one. I added a new stadium all by itself on a new lot.

Nothing has worked so far. The option is still greyed out. And there's no option at all at either stadium.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    I reset both the caravan and the city hall lot, and no luck.

Not the lots, the items... Try resetting the "City Hall" building as an item, and not the lot on which it stands...
    I just checked and the lot with the caravan was set to Small Park. I placed a new caravan down and deleted the old one. I added a new stadium all by itself on a new lot.

And you made sure those lots are "No Visitor Allowed" (preferably) or "Visitors Allowed"?
    And there's no option at all at either stadium.

Which stadium is it??
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    I used Master Controller to reset the whole town and the theater lot. I didn't think about resetting the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Wagon and City Hall individually. I could try resetting my sim, but I think resetting the whole town reset her already.

I do not know MasterControler well enough, but there are "stuff" tied to the world (like seasons, some global events, etc...), stuff tied to lots (very limited but like parties, and pretty much everything but those exception are tied to objects and sims. There are even some setting that though apparently global are tied to a single object (like the "Weather Stone" or "City Hall"). From my understanding, resetting the world only resets it as a container but without necessarily resetting every single individual contained element, as it would otherwise take forever as there could be several thousands element in a single game. Same goes for a lot. From my understanding, resetting a lot will reset everything tied to the lot like sims traffic and such but will not affect the contained elements like "Rabbit Holes" or maybe "Markers".
    I'll have to check her co-workers. I'm not sure about their career level.
    In the relationships tab, over the cursor over their picture to view their "profile".
    Sometimes that resets things, but I doubt it would work for this since I think it's more lot-based.
    I believe exactly the opposite... It's the interaction that is locked, and it's apparently not locked from taking place at that specific location, so that's why I believe it's either locked by something tied to your sim *or* by something tied to your sim work...

Also, you mentioned deleting the "Gypsie Caravan"... Normally, deleting your sims work location should result in him losing his job...

My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    Yep, there's a Master Controller option to reset everything. It takes several minutes and this last one reset over 20,000 items. It does help the town run better though, so it's worth it every now and then.

I tried resetting the buildings themselves, but I didn't find that option. I don't have Debug Enabler, I'll have to look it up at Nraas and see what it does. I just clicked the ground in the lot and found the Reset Lot option and used that.

I edited the lot with the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Caravan and added a new one before deleting the old one. Maybe that's why my sim didn't lose her job? I checked and she's still fully employed.

I tried changing the Lots to Visitors Allowed but it says there's a special item on the lot (meaning the rabbit hole building) and can't be changed. So I cancelled it and left all the lots (the caravan, the new stadium, and the new theater) just as they already were, which I think is set to Small Park.

The stadium that I added was from either Sunlit Tides or Isla Paradiso, it was small enough to fit on a 40x40 lot. The rest were too big.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Yep, there's a Master Controller option to reset everything. It takes several minutes and this last one reset over 20,000 items. It does help the town run better though, so it's worth it every now and then.

I tried resetting the buildings themselves, but I didn't find that option. I don't have Debug Enabler, I'll have to look it up at Nraas and see what it does. I just clicked the ground in the lot and found the Reset Lot option and used that.

I edited the lot with the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Caravan and added a new one before deleting the old one. Maybe that's why my sim didn't lose her job? I checked and she's still fully employed.

I tried changing the Lots to Visitors Allowed but it says there's a special item on the lot (meaning the rabbit hole building) and can't be changed. So I cancelled it and left all the lots (the caravan, the new stadium, and the new theater) just as they already were, which I think is set to Small Park.

The stadium that I added was from either Sunlit Tides or Isla Paradiso, it was small enough to fit on a 40x40 lot. The rest were too big.

IP stadium has a school in it too... As for the error message, it more or less says that if you change your lot type to an unsuitable type, the special item will stop to work properly, and I believe that's what happenning to you, like a time when I added the "Gypsie Caravan" to a "Graveyard"... That's why I'd strongly suggest making sure the lot is either "Visitors Allowed" or "No Visitor Allowed"
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    I'll give it a try the next time I'm in my game. I'll be helping my sister move this weekend so I doubt I'll get a chance. But I'll let you know what I've found. :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    I'll give it a try the next time I'm in my game. I'll be helping my sister move this weekend so I doubt I'll get a chance. But I'll let you know what I've found. :)

Ouch! My back hurts just reading that! Good luck! ;)
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    Lexers615 wrote: »

I started a fresh game with the initial trio created in CAS. The two siblings have adopted 34 children. Still no badge. I decided to test if I could earn other badges. I just earned Brawler. At least I know that the achievement function is working on this computer.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Lexers615 wrote: »

I started a fresh game with the initial trio created in CAS. The two siblings have adopted 34 children. Still no badge. I decided to test if I could earn other badges. I just earned Brawler. At least I know that the achievement function is working on this computer.

How many of those stuck around/any left town (in the relationship tab, how many of those still show)? If I remember correctly, if any of them leaves town after being kicked or moved, they stop counting... Could you continue adopting a bit more, just to be sure?
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    They are all showing in the family tree. I had one of the parent sims get married and she had triplets. Still no badge. I will keep on adding grandchildren though. I remember the 200 meal badge did not activate right at 200 meals.

• Options
    They are all showing in the family tree. I had one of the parent sims get married and she had triplets. Still no badge. I will keep on adding grandchildren though. I remember the 200 meal badge did not activate right at 200 meals.

I didn't mean the family tree but the relationship panel... That's the easiest way I found of knowing who's still in town, and who moved to limbo...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    Circus-of-CatsCircus-of-Cats Posts: 55 Member
    Hi @Me1620, I'm working on the grandchildren badge as well. What a chore! I'm trying to age the kids up all together and move them into a house all together. I'm hoping that will keep them in town!

I still haven't gotten the 200 meals badge. I have 2 sims who have made nearly 400 meals each. I feel like gnashing my teeth with this one.

Good luck with the grandbabies badge. I'm crossing my fingers you get it soon! :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top