Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Achievement Thread - Guide on how to achieve them

Comments

• Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    @Lexers615 - Oh! I should have read your message with my brain instead of just my eyes. I will check the relationship tab.

@Circus-of-Cats - Thanks. I hope you get your badges soon. I move my grandchildren out in groups of 4 or 5.

I was looking back in the forums and others had problems getting the grandchildren badge to trigger. I have the game loaded on two computers. Windows 7 computer has the base and all my expansions patched to 1.67. Windows 10 is just the base, Seasons and, very recently, Island Paradise. I have been trying for the badge on Windows 10 uncluttered game. I was thinking of creating new household with an elder and two adult children. I currently have an adult and two young adults. If the game doesn't work soon, I will start a game on the Windows 7 computer. Crazy what I am doing to get the badge to light up.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    @Lexers615 - Oh! I should have read your message with my brain instead of just my eyes. I will check the relationship tab.

@Circus-of-Cats - Thanks. I hope you get your badges soon. I move my grandchildren out in groups of 4 or 5.

I was looking back in the forums and others had problems getting the grandchildren badge to trigger. I have the game loaded on two computers. Windows 7 computer has the base and all my expansions patched to 1.67. Windows 10 is just the base, Seasons and, very recently, Island Paradise. I have been trying for the badge on Windows 10 uncluttered game. I was thinking of creating new household with an elder and two adult children. I currently have an adult and two young adults. If the game doesn't work soon, I will start a game on the Windows 7 computer. Crazy what I am doing to get the badge to light up.

From your other badges progress, it looks like you still have many of them left... I would suggest taking a couple days break, and to work on some other easy ones, rather than insisting up to a point when it gets frustrating...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    From your other badges progress, it looks like you still have many of them left... I would suggest taking a couple days break, and to work on some other easy ones, rather than insisting up to a point when it gets frustrating...
    Good suggestion. I did take time off, but because OE got hectic.

BTW, I checked the relationship tab and no one was grayed out. I recently loaded Island Paradise and am going for those badges. I am using your Littered Beach to help with the message in the bottle badge.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member

BTW, I checked the relationship tab and no one was grayed out. I recently loaded Island Paradise and am going for those badges. I am using your Littered Beach to help with the message in the bottle badge.

I recently completed the find all unhidden islands but didn't get the badge. Will have to try again some time with more care as I had a hugely overstuffed household and the same sim didn't find all the islands and I wasn't always logged in due to that making it even harder to play in IP with a big household.
    Karritz wrote: »

I recently completed the find all unhidden islands but didn't get the badge. Will have to try again some time with more care as I had a hugely overstuffed household and the same sim didn't find all the islands and I wasn't always logged in due to that making it even harder to play in IP with a big household.

Actually for this specific achievement a single sim household is a must as the sim who gets to be the one who is tagged with the discovery is pretty much random...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited September 2017

Well when the game gets rid of one, he/she doesn't get grey out but rather deleted completly and is pretty much reputed to never have existed... I ran into this at some point as in the same household I was going for the grand children and cloning achievement at once... I definitely overloaded the neighborhood and it ended up just crashing...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I finally got the Psychic Sycophant badge. I created a brand new game with a new sim in a new town with new traits and started over. I still didn't get the first badge where you ask 5 sims their signs.

But once my sim was level 10 in her career I had her hold a Psychic Convention, and didn't have any issues at all after that. Yay! :)
    giphy.gif

KATENESS wrote: »
    I finally got the Psychic Sycophant badge. I created a brand new game with a new sim in a new town with new traits and started over. I still didn't get the first badge where you ask 5 sims their signs.

But once my sim was level 10 in her career I had her hold a Psychic Convention, and didn't have any issues at all after that. Yay! :)

Those neighborhood issues kinda leave me wondering...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    The trouble was in Moonlight Falls, which you'd think would be the best neighborhood to use since it came with Supernatural. It worked in Bridgeport surprisingly, even though it's notorious for being a glitchy town. :p
    giphy.gif

KATENESS wrote: »
    The trouble was in Moonlight Falls, which you'd think would be the best neighborhood to use since it came with Supernatural. It worked in Bridgeport surprisingly, even though it's notorious for being a glitchy town. :p

Yeah but Moonlight Falls is filled with supernaturals that make achievement bug... I got most of my achievements in a heavy modified Riverview and did not run in most problems I keep reading about in Moonlight Falls or Midnight Hollow or such...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    I'm just starting a new save in Isla Paradiso. I have a new human Sim and was hoping the few mods I want to have in my game won't affect the badge to find all the islands. I also have a fixed version of Isla Paradiso - the one done by EllaCharmed. If I go through the whole thing and end up with no badge I'll probably not try for it again.
    edited September 2017
    I'm just starting a new save in Isla Paradiso. I have a new human Sim and was hoping the few mods I want to have in my game won't affect the badge to find all the islands. I also have a fixed version of Isla Paradiso - the one done by EllaCharmed. If I go through the whole thing and end up with no badge I'll probably not try for it again.

You mean the explorer one? If so, the key part is keeping a single sim household all along...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg

You mean the explorer one? If so, the key part is keeping a single sim household all along...

Ok. I'll try to remember to do that. I have her in the lifeguard career. I also suspect I have to be logged in the whole game. Hopefully I won't forget that.
    edited September 2017

Ok. I'll try to remember to do that. I have her in the lifeguard career. I also suspect I have to be logged in the whole game. Hopefully I won't forget that.

If you got the "Seaside Saviour", you can keep track of the number of sim saved which is handy to know regarding "Cay to the City" island progress.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg

If you got the "Seaside Saviour", you can keep track of the number of sim saved which is handy to know regarding "Cay to the City" island progress.

No. It didn't give me that info when I did it a few months ago with a hugely overstuffed household. I never knew how many he'd saved and suddenly he got the final island.

I actually didn't set out to try for all the islands that time. But when I had a few already I decided to try for them all.

I got lots of crashes so couldn't even write down who he had saved to count them myself as I never knew how many saves were in my saved files and how many were lost due to a crash. But I did learn how to get to level 10 of the lifeguard career really fast. They actually progress faster when working out or learning charisma than the do when on the job.
    Well if you lock that lifewish, whenever you over your cursor atop it, you'll get something like 5/50, but you only need 35 for "Cay to the City". It definitely helps keeping tracks.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Well if you lock that lifewish, whenever you over your cursor atop it, you'll get something like 5/50, but you only need 35 for "Cay to the City". It definitely helps keeping tracks.

Tried that and never saw any indication of how many he'd saved but will have another go when my current sim finally saves someone.
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    Unlocked the Positive Potential badge. Had to bring the machine home and trigger all four results; I'd gotten three at Uni, but couldn't get the fourth because I kept getting other Sims wandering up and 'helping' while I was trying to balance the meter correctly. Just triggering the fourth at home didn't work, though, I had to then repeat the three I'd already gotten to get the badge. Used one sim to put each color up a third of the meter sequentially to trigger the fourth result.
    I had a look at my game this morning and I see her LTW does show the number of sims she's rescued. Now I'll have to go check what Sam's lifetime wish was because he never did display that number. But, he had to do more than rescue 50 Sims from drowning. He had to get the top of the lifeguard career and something else.
    Time to report in - briefly. I think I remember the LTW my previous sim had - Grand Explorer - or something similar. That's the one that doesn't show you how many rescues have been done. You just get a big surprise when the island finally is revealed. I almost stopped looking for it as I felt I was wasting my time.

Now with this game I have a single sim household and she is human and is newly made so has not been a occult.

She is currently level 8 in diving, level 9 in lifeguard career and has rescued 21 of the 50 sims she needs to rescue to achieve her LTW of Seaside Savior.

She revealed Beryl Shoals quickly. Then she joined the lifeguard career and has been working on that and diving/looking for Refuge Island on her day's off.

She completed the early steps for Refuge Island fairly quickly. Then had to beat a shark in a fight. That took me a while. She just managed to do it today and since she'd just started a dive and still had about 6 hours to go I thought I'd keep her down there and see if she could get the badge to beat 3 sharks in a fight. Well she did manage to do it and the achievement triggered and I got the badge.

Then she reported in, which the game told her to do after she beat the first shark, and got Refuge Island after searching for the map.

So she's got to rescue another 14 Sims to reveal Cay to the City. But she'll be chasing 50 rescues to get her LTW.

That means I'll need to reveal one more island - assuming she manages to get Divers Den fairly quickly.

She's already made friends with Mia Azul and Triton King but there's been no sign of Salty yet.

She's only got one map piece so far.

Hasn't found any bottles - I'm saving her lifetime reward points for a collection helper. It makes it much easier to find bottles.

I did reveal all of the islands in my previous game with an overstuffed household and not much effort until I decided to get serious and go after Cay to the City. When I started that game I had no plans to look for any islands. It was just that I sent a sim out on day 1 of the game with a collection helper in his inventory (he was reused from another game) and he found two islands simultaneously in about day one of the game. They were Beryl Shoals and Plumbob Island. I came to the conclusion that the seashell I'd sent him to pick up must have been a message in a bottle.

It's not being so easy this time but I'm making progress and the collection helper should help with that elusive bottle. I think I found the special bottle on Mermaid's Secret island once years ago too.

I'll keep you updated with progress if there is any more to report.
    I'm confused again.

I read in a guide that CPR doesn't count towards rescues when trying to rescue 35 sims to get Cay to the CIty.

Well my sim has rescued 24 sims from drowning - she has to rescue 50 to get her lifetime reward.

She has done a few CPR to various sims. She just did a CPR and got a message from the mayor. She has now been given Cay to the City.

Maybe CPR does count towards the Cay to the City reveal.
    I've just decimated Hobarts Resort in the hope she'll get the badge for running a 0 star resort for 7 days. It is down to 1.5 stars at present. It may take a few days to go down to 0.

She's at level 9 diving now too so I'll get her working on her diving to get divers den. Then when she's got the badge for running Hobart's resort of 7 days (if she manages to get it to 0 stars) I'll get her to sell it and place the 5 star resort I built for my Isla Paradiso Bunch on Divers Den Island and let her run it for 7 days to hopefully get the badge for running a 5 star resort. I've been reading the old thread that goes on for many pages on the achievements.
    edited September 2017
    She just got the Born Explorer badge for finding 5 islands.

She got 1. Beryl Shoals; 2. Refuge Island; 3. Cay to the City; 4. Diver's Den; 5. Plunder Cove; 6. Mermaid's Secret

For some reason I expected to get the badge after she found the fifth island, but it didn't happen until she got number 6.

EDIT: Hobart's Resort is level 0 and she has to wait about another 6 days for that badge to appear. When she gets it she will sell Hobart's. I don't want to fix it up again at this point and might just bulldoze the lot.

I will then place the Divers Den resort on Diver's Den Island. I built this resort for my Isla Paradiso bunch in the hope of getting the badge for running a 5 star resort. It never triggered. After reading info on it today it seems you can own only one resort to get those two badges. So she's going for the 0 star resort badge first then will get rid of Hobarts and I'll place the 5 star resort I already built and placed in my library after the failure of achieving the badge last time.
    I'm confused again.

I read in a guide that CPR doesn't count towards rescues when trying to rescue 35 sims to get Cay to the CIty.

Well my sim has rescued 24 sims from drowning - she has to rescue 50 to get her lifetime reward.

She has done a few CPR to various sims. She just did a CPR and got a message from the mayor. She has now been given Cay to the City.

CPR does not count and an extra, BUT sims that first were rescued before CPR do count and sometimes sims saved by NPCs "Lifeguards" do count too

I've just decimated Hobarts Resort in the hope she'll get the badge for running a 0 star resort for 7 days. It is down to 1.5 stars at present. It may take a few days to go down to 0.

She's at level 9 diving now too so I'll get her working on her diving to get divers den. Then when she's got the badge for running Hobart's resort of 7 days (if she manages to get it to 0 stars) I'll get her to sell it and place the 5 star resort I built for my Isla Paradiso Bunch on Divers Den Island and let her run it for 7 days to hopefully get the badge for running a 5 star resort. I've been reading the old thread that goes on for many pages on the achievements.

Try "Insulting", "Fighting" and any mean interaction with "Guests"... And don't forget to to make sure your cheap buffet (at least one, but don't have more than one overall) are spoiled food and to litter around and to fire any and all cleaning crew... o:)
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited September 2017
    I'm confused again.

CPR does not count and an extra, BUT sims that first were rescued before CPR do count and sometimes sims saved by NPCs "Lifeguards" do count too

Try "Insulting", "Fighting" and any mean interaction with "Guests"... And don't forget to to make sure your cheap buffet (at least one, but don't have more than one overall) are spoiled food and to litter around and to fire any and all cleaning crew... o:)

I suspect the other rescues must have happened when she wasn't at the beach.

I haven't sent her to the resort since I wrecked it. I've been too busy chasing the islands. It is already 0 stars and has been for a couple of days now.

EDIT: It also must have been a pure coincidence that the island triggered as soon as she finished giving CPR to the first rescue of the day and that sim, nor any other sims, had been in the water so no one had needed rescuing at her beach so far that day. I suppose an NPC or townie must have rescues someone from drowning at another beach at the exact same time that she finished giving CPR to that one sim.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top