Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Achievement Thread - Guide on how to achieve them

Comments

• Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    I now have my game patched to 1.55 and hope to try for a few of the difficult badges. Possibly they won't appear as I have installed all expansions and stuff packs up to and including seasons.

Good luck! Which specific ones will you be focussing on?
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @Thrippa thanks. I just got Nice Arm. Had given up but once I realised they both had to be done at the Family Fun Arena it happened really fast.

Got the Trick or Treat badge too - that was unexpected. I've never managed to send my sims trick or treating before and suddenly the two children in the household had a desire to go trick or treating so I told them to do it and there was the badge.

Now I'm looking for others - not sure what else needs this patch level. I'm on 1.55 at the moment. Would like to add the final 5 Expansion and Stuff packs but will try for more badges first. Just have to work out which ones I can do.
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    If you check the badges from the wall (in-game), it will only show the available badges based on your installed game(s), as opposed to the Sims 3 site that shows all of them. That may help you decide.
    Thrippa wrote: »
    If you check the badges from the wall (in-game), it will only show the available badges based on your installed game(s), as opposed to the Sims 3 site that shows all of them. That may help you decide.

Thanks.

I'm not sure which badges can only be achieved with patch 1.55. The only one I knew of is the strong arm badge. I already have the one with finding the bottles. I got it years ago. I'm currently trying to get the rest of the Seasons badges. But there are a couple that may never happen. Such as the one where you get each of the four seasonal gnomes in one household. I've had all of those gnomes but never in a single household. They have the Fall gnome but she's the only gnome they've got so far.

I want to install the rest of my packs but that will mean patching to 1.67 and I won't be uninstalling again to get any badges that need 1.55 to be achieved so I'd like to find them now.

When I do have all of the packs installed I'll start a new Sims 3 folder and install the store content properly. Won't put CC on this computer for a while though.
    I just got Festival Champ. Win apple bobbing and horse shoes. She participated in the contests at two different season festivals.
    edited November 2017
    Did I mention the Festival King award went to my sim who danced a few times, whilst his beautiful wife, who danced for hours every day missed out completely?

Spring037.gif

And a pic of his award on the wall beside a painting he did earlier.

Spring036.gif
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    I now have my game patched to 1.55 and hope to try for a few of the difficult badges. Possibly they won't appear as I have installed all expansions and stuff packs up to and including seasons.

Good luck! Which specific ones will you be focussing on?

I'm trying for mostly the missing Seasons badges plus a couple from Supernatural.

1. Gnome for every season - have Spring and Fall gnomes but the other two are harder to get in my experience
    2. Love and Dedication - they just got married on the second day of Spring and it's now first day of Summer
    3. Bronzed - keep thinking about this one but never seem to quite manage to get it
    4. Festive Planner - not really into parties but have had a few in other games will try to focus to get this one
    5. Self-Salving - may take a while as haven't started making elixirs yet
    6. An Amazing Alchemic Achievement - will definitely take a while but the pair of sims I have are both base game only human sims

That's probably all I'll work towards for now in this particular game.

I have a pair of sims recently married - male and female never been occults - both are base game only sims I made when I started installing Sims 3 on this new computer. Did them when I only had base game loaded plus patched to 1.55

He's working to be a rock star and I'd like to go for some of the University Life badges but it isn't installed yet.

Game still on patch 1.55 and only installed up to Seasons so can't do any of the badges for ITF or University Life yet.
    Snowman gnome usually isn't too hard, just build a lot of snowmen and igloos as soon as you have enough snow. I only got the summer one once; he's supposed to be related to fireworks and barbecues, but I don't know why he turned up that time but not again.
    • Regarding the gnome, if you can't find them around town, gather a LOT of tickets and go purchase them at a stand at the festival grounds during relevant season.
    • Bronzed, well, best way is the tanning booth or spa
    • Festive planner takes a simyear given some parties are seasonal BUT the tricky part is having a functionnal pool at home.
    • Self-Saving: Set an exlixir consignment store in town and go on a shopping spree every now and then... After a week you'll have a large humber. Cure, and friendship elixir are the best here
    • Amazing... : Not much to say here... Takes time and grinding...
    • Love and decication: Let it be... You'll get a reminder when the anniversary will be imminent
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Thanks. I thought I read somewhere that you can't buy the gnomes at the festival or anywhere else. You just have to find them. I'll try buying one and see what happens. Might wait to see if one turns up first. I had the winter gnome turn up in my McFluff save in Hidden Springs but none showed in the current save.

I have, on many occasions in many different games, made as many snowmen and igloos and snow angels as could fit in a yard and still no winter gnome has showed up. But they can just appear when I've made nothing. The first time I got a summer gnome I wondered what it was just standing beside the mail box. But having endless bar-b-ques has never convinced one to show up in any of my games.

This time I have the seasons set to only 7 days so I suspect there will be more than one of each season before I get them to make 300 elixirs.

I thought I'd just get them to use their own elixirs on themselves to get the Self-Saving badge.

I usually an inundated with the spring gnomes but didn't get one until the very last egg she collected on the last day of Spring and there were no more eggs there to be found. I generally get them just showing up. They seem to breed like rabbits once one of them appears.

I haven't tried the tanning booth. I have had a sim suntanned a few times by lying out in the sun but I've always been too busy to maintain their tan. Maybe I'll buy them a tanning booth. I never use them.

I've been putting off the parties because they are still establishing their home. I will be adding a pool to a basement I suspect. But I could probably put one in ground for the Summer as Summer has just started in this game. I think they should start having parties this time round the seasons. So I guess it's a pool party for Summer. It seems weird to me having the Christmas type party in the winter as it is always the hottest time of the year where I live and everyone goes to the beach or the pool and has bar-b-ques outdoors. Or stays indoors in the air conditioning if possible.
    Thanks. I thought I read somewhere that you can't buy the gnomes at the festival or anywhere else. You just have to find them. I'll try buying one and see what happens. Might wait to see if one turns up first. I had the winter gnome turn up in my McFluff save in Hidden Springs but none showed in the current save.

I have, on many occasions in many different games, made as many snowmen and igloos and snow angels as could fit in a yard and still no winter gnome has showed up. But they can just appear when I've made nothing. The first time I got a summer gnome I wondered what it was just standing beside the mail box. But having endless bar-b-ques has never convinced one to show up in any of my games.

This time I have the seasons set to only 7 days so I suspect there will be more than one of each season before I get them to make 300 elixirs.

I thought I'd just get them to use their own elixirs on themselves to get the Self-Saving badge.

I usually an inundated with the spring gnomes but didn't get one until the very last egg she collected on the last day of Spring and there were no more eggs there to be found. I generally get them just showing up. They seem to breed like rabbits once one of them appears.

I haven't tried the tanning booth. I have had a sim suntanned a few times by lying out in the sun but I've always been too busy to maintain their tan. Maybe I'll buy them a tanning booth. I never use them.

I've been putting off the parties because they are still establishing their home. I will be adding a pool to a basement I suspect. But I could probably put one in ground for the Summer as Summer has just started in this game. I think they should start having parties this time round the seasons. So I guess it's a pool party for Summer. It seems weird to me having the Christmas type party in the winter as it is always the hottest time of the year where I live and everyone goes to the beach or the pool and has bar-b-ques outdoors. Or stays indoors in the air conditioning if possible.

Regarding "Seasonal Gnomes", there's always at least one on the map somewhere. At set hours, it teleports somewhere, likely somewere near a seasonal interaction took place. Like most magical gnomes, if your sim is on the same lot, you can drag the "Gnome" and drop it on your sim it becomes yours. However, they may be well hidden, and since big families can generate a very large amount of "festival tickets" while having fun on the "festival grounds", and "tickets" can be moved from a sim's inventory to another sims', "redeeming" tickets to purchase the gnome is easier.

Regarding "Elixirs", I remember couple challenges help a lot. At one point, your sims start making more elixirs at every brew, and at another time, each elixirs made refunds some of it's raw material for reuse, both boni being enhanced some more by a "Witch" sim.. Helps a lot making the required 300, though it still take a lot of time. So, well, have a "Witch" attend the "Elixir" class at the "Vault of Antiquity" and then just brew... You might also consider having that sim "register as self-employed" "elixir maker"...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    @Lexers615 I knew about the stray seasonal gnome around town somewhere but have never come across it. Shame it isn't like the diving gnomes that sparkle from map view when you choose seashells on the collection helper.

I already have made hundreds of elixirs with a witch and never got the badge. I'm trying again with humans to see if that helps. I think you wrote something a while back that indicated occults couldn't make the badge trigger.

This will be my third and final attempt to get the 300 elixir badge.

I've not been playing since I last posted here - except for a little while during which time my couple had a pool party. I thought is looked like a boring affair but the notice I got was that is was awesome and guests would remember it for a long time. The important thing is they had a pool party. I thought of it when my sim got an invite to another sim's pool party and noticed it was leisure day. So I decided to go with it and have a pool party too. He got into trouble for not attending her party (that he was invited to) but she was at his party the whole time so I didn't worry about it too much. Anyone who showed up at her place would have found no one at home.
    @Lexers615 I knew about the stray seasonal gnome around town somewhere but have never come across it. Shame it isn't like the diving gnomes that sparkle from map view when you choose seashells on the collection helper.

I already have made hundreds of elixirs with a witch and never got the badge. I'm trying again with humans to see if that helps. I think you wrote something a while back that indicated occults couldn't make the badge trigger.

This will be my third and final attempt to get the 300 elixir badge.

I've not been playing since I last posted here - except for a little while during which time my couple had a pool party. I thought is looked like a boring affair but the notice I got was that is was awesome and guests would remember it for a long time. The important thing is they had a pool party. I thought of it when my sim got an invite to another sim's pool party and noticed it was leisure day. So I decided to go with it and have a pool party too. He got into trouble for not attending her party (that he was invited to) but she was at his party the whole time so I didn't worry about it too much. Anyone who showed up at her place would have found no one at home.

It is true that many many many badges won't trigger with occults, however I got mine with a "Witch" so I know it works. I remember there's a way to keep track on the progress, but I don't remember exactly how. It was in the skill journal though.

As for missing parties invites, well, I barely ever attend them, and besides a drop in the "Jock influence", I never noticed any penalty at all for not attending one.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Just got love and dedication - celebrate one year anniversary badge.

I have only 2 to go on that page now. I need the Summer Gnome and she has to get one more spray tan. She's also now working on making elixirs. There is a long way to go as she's only made about 7.
    edited November 2017
    Today I got Self Salving - throw 5 elixirs at yourself but when she made over 300 elixirs still no Amazing Alchemic Achievement badge.

This failed previously with a witch and now it's failed with a base game human sim.

The badge for getting 4 seasonal gnomes didn't trigger either. They purchased the Summer and Winter gnomes from the festival with festival tickets.

Also got the badge for 1 yr Wedding Anniversary yesterday.
    edited November 2017
    Today I got Self Salving - throw 5 elixirs at yourself but when she made over 300 elixirs still no Amazing Alchemic Achievement badge.

This failed previously with a witch and now it's failed with a base game human sim.

The badge for getting 4 seasonal gnomes didn't trigger either. They purchased the Summer and Winter gnomes from the festival with festival tickets.

Are the 4 gnomes on your home lot? While in play mode, try dragging and dropping them to move them around...
    Regarding the elixirs, I'm at university right now, Ill try to think of something and keep you posted.

Edit: I've thought about it again, and besides to continue a bit longer and try brewing some more I don't know what to say.
    Post edited by Lexers615 on
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited November 2017

Are the 4 gnomes on your home lot? While in play mode, try dragging and dropping them to move them around...
    Regarding the elixirs, I'm at university right now, Ill try to think of something and keep you posted.

Thanks. The 4 gnomes are on the home lot. After a few days I put them into Oscar's inventory for a few days. Then took them out again a day or so ago. I will have to just wait and see. Hopefully the Summer and Winter gnomes will show up of their own accord eventually as I've got the seasons set to 7 days each and I am planning to play this game through a few season.

Regarding the gnomes, initially the Summer and Winter gnomes just stayed where I put them and never moved. After having them in the inventory for a while I took them out and they seem to have moved around a bit as a group of 4.
    Ha moving around as a group of 4 triggered your achievement?
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Ha moving around as a group of 4 triggered your achievement?

No. No recognition of 4 gnomes existing as far as badges are concerned. I haven't logged the game into the site this afternoon. I just checked my badges on My Page. The only one left to get on page 4 is A Gnome for Every Season.

I've now installed all of my packs and have patched to 1.67.2 So I'll either get badges or I won't. I'll probably go for a few of the University Life badges that I might be able to get now. If the gnome badge happens I'll let you know.

edited November 2017
    I've seen it reported that buying the gnomes doesn't count; you just have to keep working on getting the game to award you each of the four. I don't think I bought a summer one before getting the badge though, so I can't say. I've only ever 'found' the one across all my games; though I have multiples of the other three. My longest running game has all gnomes earned (or stolen, in the case of the World Adventures ones :p ) except the Bling gnome, which no one will give me despite 3 5-star celebs in the family. :'(

Currently suffering from a surfeit of games, so Sims 3 is on hold a bit. Super Mario Odyssey, Sonic Mania, Sonic Forces, Morphite, Skyrim Switch (end of the week), Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon, Xenoblade 2, and not least of all, Sims 4 Cats & Dogs, which is gradually downloading.
    Thrippa wrote: »
    I've seen it reported that buying the gnomes doesn't count; you just have to keep working on getting the game to award you each of the four. I don't think I bought a summer one before getting the badge though, so I can't say. I've only ever 'found' the one across all my games; though I have multiples of the other three. My longest running game has all gnomes earned (or stolen, in the case of the World Adventures ones :p ) except the Bling gnome, which no one will give me despite 3 5-star celebs in the family. :'(

Currently suffering from a surfeit of games, so Sims 3 is on hold a bit. Super Mario Odyssey, Sonic Mania, Sonic Forces, Morphite, Skyrim Switch (end of the week), Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon, Xenoblade 2, and not least of all, Sims 4 Cats & Dogs, which is gradually downloading.

That's what I believe is the case. It's why I've never bought them before. I actually remember EA writing that way back when Seasons was released. I've got my seasons set to 7 days so they change quickly. I'm hoping one season I'll get the missing gnomes showing up.

I've not played any other games for years. I do have Sims 4 but just the base game. Also have Sim City but that's on Origin and no Origin on this computer.

I thought I'd keep Origin on my laptop and move my Sims 3 saves to the new PC. Then I can update Origin without worrying about what happens to Sims 3 and might have another look at Sims 4 one day on the laptop.
    Well... How about just keep playing? I rahter believe that, just like the Musical gnome, it could be that some gnomish interaction involving the four of them, maybe even during a season change or a seasonal holiday, would trigger it. Or maybe that the game needs to record all four gnomes being active during their respective seasons for a continuous simyear
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited November 2017
    But, if you want, I could build you a bogus festival ground with just the four gnomes on it, with 4 more spawning at each seasons. (Would have to wait tomorrow when I'll get back home though)
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Happy Holidays to you all! :)
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Same to you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top