Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Achievement Thread - Guide on how to achieve them

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Boy, you're all making me feel like a disorganized player :mrgreen: with me not focusing on getting achievements. :D I know I should try to get achievements but I'm just playing...and whatever pops up...pops up.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,921 Member
    Boy, you're all making me feel like a disorganized player :mrgreen: with me not focusing on getting achievements. :D I know I should try to get achievements but I'm just playing...and whatever pops up...pops up.

That's what I usually do too. Remember I've been playing since June 2009.
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    Yeah, I played a long time before getting interested in collecting the achievements. Unlike my PS3/4 games where I try to get those out of the way first, so I can play the game how I want to. Then I ran into an apparently easy one I couldn't seem to get, and my stubborn kicked in.
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    It also must have been a pure coincidence that the island triggered as soon as she finished giving CPR to the first rescue of the day and that sim, nor any other sims, had been in the water so no one had needed rescuing at her beach so far that day. I suppose an NPC or townie must have rescues someone from drowning at another beach at the exact same time that she finished giving CPR to that one sim.

Was tht sim drowning prior to requiring CPR? Because CPR subsquent to drowning counts in a single "rescue"
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Thrippa wrote: »
    I ran into an apparently easy one I couldn't seem to get, and my stubborn kicked in.
    Just like me... I even bough an extra copy of IP in order to cash in the broken "Who keeps sending these?" ;)
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    It also must have been a pure coincidence that the island triggered as soon as she finished giving CPR to the first rescue of the day and that sim, nor any other sims, had been in the water so no one had needed rescuing at her beach so far that day. I suppose an NPC or townie must have rescues someone from drowning at another beach at the exact same time that she finished giving CPR to that one sim.

Was tht sim drowning prior to requiring CPR? Because CPR subsquent to drowning counts in a single "rescue"

As I said, the sim was on the beach, never been in the water, decided to lie down and request CPR. No other sims had got into the water yet that day either so no one was drowning, or recently rescued from drowning.

The island triggered as soon as my sim stood up after giving CPR. She was still actually in the act of standing up when it happened.
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,995 Member
    edited September 2017
    Yeah, I played a long time before getting interested in collecting the achievements. ...

^ Same for me. For a long time, I played without thinking about the badges. I am not sure when I started paying attention to badges, but I do know that I have explored features of the game that I may not ever have if I had not tried for the badges. I also did not pay attention to Simport until long after Showtime was released.
    Me1620 wrote: »

BTW, I checked the relationship tab and no one was grayed out. I recently loaded Island Paradise and am going for those badges. I am using your Littered Beach to help with the message in the bottle badge.

Well when the game gets rid of one, he/she doesn't get grey out but rather deleted completly and is pretty much reputed to never have existed... I ran into this at some point as in the same household I was going for the grand children and cloning achievement at once... I definitely overloaded the neighborhood and it ended up just crashing...

Thanks for clarifying. I tried again. No badge yet. I created a household with an elder sim and her two children. I name the children sequentially from 1 to 30 so I can keep track of them. I will check this saved game to see if any are missing from the relationship tab.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    Me1620 wrote: »
    Yeah, I played a long time before getting interested in collecting the achievements.

^ Same for me. For a long time, I played without thinking about the badges. I am not sure when I started paying attention to badges, but I do know that I have explored features of the game that I may not ever have if I had not tried for the badges. I also did not pay attention to Simport until long after Showtime was released.

I've found the badges useful to learn about the game and there are a few I've done just to do something different.

I never tried SimPort.
    Was just starting to think the Never Again badge wasn't going to happen after all. I didn't get a notification in game so checked my badges and found I got it 0 seconds ago. So now I can get rid of the Hobarts Resort and add the Diver's Den resort to that island and she can run a 5 star resort for 7 days.

As I said, the sim was on the beach, never been in the water, decided to lie down and request CPR. No other sims had got into the water yet that day either so no one was drowning, or recently rescued from drowning.

The island triggered as soon as my sim stood up after giving CPR. She was still actually in the act of standing up when it happened.

I think I have a crackpot explanation, that at that point the game tried to make a sim drown but selected an invalid target like a "mermaid", and you were granted the rescue... Would make sense because the very poiint you mention is when the game makes the next damzel in distress spawn.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    I've started a game on my laptop (base + SN + IP) to try and get an Epitaph Writer mauled by the correct bear. There are at least three or four possible bears, most of which don't trigger the badge and some of which don't even give the 'Mauled by Bear' moodlet. I've failed to get the badge on multiple files, so I'm minimizing possible added options as far as possible. So far my two (adult, human) sims have each gotten 'A giant, enraged zombie bear leapt from the coffin to terrify [Sim]...' but this one doesn't apparently maul them as they don't get the negative bear moodlet. Now that they've got basic skills down (and the required job level), I'll try it using testingcheats to remove the 8 hour 'Horrified' moodlet.

I'm also making a list of bear attacks, just to see how many there are with this EP combo.
    I wondered why she wasn't getting the badge for running a 5 star resort for 7 days. I checked my badges page on the Sims 3 forum and found she did get it. I must have been away from the computer when the notification arrived.

As soon as she gets her lifetime wish I'll move her into her houseboat to throw 5 parties on a houseboat. That will complete the 12 badges I can see for Island Paradise EP. I have her working on a few for University Life at the moment.

She has 3 more rescues to do to get the 50 she needs for her LTW.
    I've started a game on my laptop (base + SN + IP) to try and get an Epitaph Writer mauled by the correct bear. There are at least three or four possible bears, most of which don't trigger the badge and some of which don't even give the 'Mauled by Bear' moodlet. I've failed to get the badge on multiple files, so I'm minimizing possible added options as far as possible. So far my two (adult, human) sims have each gotten 'A giant, enraged zombie bear leapt from the coffin to terrify [Sim]...' but this one doesn't apparently maul them as they don't get the negative bear moodlet. Now that they've got basic skills down (and the required job level), I'll try it using testingcheats to remove the 8 hour 'Horrified' moodlet.

I'm also making a list of bear attacks, just to see how many there are with this EP combo.

There are apparently a dozen or so existing "bear attacks" and only one or very very few do trigger the achievement... Unfortunately, indeed, best way is to kill the moodlet that way, replenish needs and return to the mausoleum, preferably, the work location. I remember that, when it triggerred for me, the text was indeed involving a zombie bear but it was more like
    about swimming in a lake or such...
    I wondered why she wasn't getting the badge for running a 5 star resort for 7 days. I checked my badges page on the Sims 3 forum and found she did get it. I must have been away from the computer when the notification arrived.

As soon as she gets her lifetime wish I'll move her into her houseboat to throw 5 parties on a houseboat. That will complete the 12 badges I can see for Island Paradise EP. I have her working on a few for University Life at the moment.

You actually could make her move right away... Parties on houseboat do have limits related to the usual small size of the lot but the most basic house party works.
    She has 3 more rescues to do to get the 50 she needs for her LTW.
    A typical workday. Have fun! ;)
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg

There are apparently a dozen or so existing "bear attacks" and only one or very very few do trigger the achievement... Unfortunately, indeed, best way is to kill the moodlet that way, replenish needs and return to the mausoleum, preferably, the work location. I remember that, when it triggerred for me, the text was indeed involving a zombie bear but it was more like
    about swimming in a lake or such...

Interesting. I had a zombie bear in a previous game, but I think it had different wording, and I know it didn't give the 'Mauled' moodlet.
    Somewhat anticlimactically, after a third identical zombie bear attack, I got this: "[Sim] should have paid closer attention to the growls emanating from the depths of the catacombs, as the sounds materialized as gigantic, Sim-eating bears! It will take some time for [Sim] to recover from this ursine encounter." 'Mauled' moodlet appeared instead of 'Horrified'. And badge clicked. That was definitely not a finish that I had received before.
    It's definitely not the one I remember getting which could mean that out of the numerous bear mauling a few could trigger the badge...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited September 2017
    Success - she can now sell her houseboat. We got the badge to throw 5 parties on a houseboat.

Caroline152.jpg

EDIT: The houseboat never once left the port. She just kept on having house parties.

That seems to be all 12 of the IP Badges of which I'm aware - done. :)

Badges_IP.jpg
    Success - she can now sell her houseboat. We got the badge to throw 5 parties on a houseboat.

Caroline152.jpg

EDIT: The houseboat never once left the port. She just kept on having house parties.

That seems to be all 12 of the IP Badges of which I'm aware - done. :)

Badges_IP.jpg

I just checked and you are right there does not seem to be any other IP achievement left! ;)
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    @Thrippa I just checked my thesims3.com notifications and noticed you are on a rampage!
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Lol. Yeah, I got a couple I'd been working on for a while or been vaguely wondering why they hadn't dropped yet, but hadn't really worked on. Most of the rest I'm working on are long-term things except the Coffee Courier one, so I'm expecting it to drop off again.
    edited September 2017
    Lol. Yeah, I got a couple I'd been working on for a while or been vaguely wondering why they hadn't dropped yet, but hadn't really worked on. Most of the rest I'm working on are long-term things except the Coffee Courier one, so I'm expecting it to drop off again.

It happened to me a few times that cashed in achievements were not properly uploaded and I thought some conexion issues... For exemple, server maintenance plum over like two days ... resulting in the achievements earned being uploaded only upon the next game session... It would also explain why in the same timeframe @Karritz 5* resort achievement took a while to show up...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Does anyone know, if I upload a pet store with the pet store cash register (included in the bonus store download for 'early' adopters of Pets), will the register turn up in the game of someone with pets but without the bonus store? What about the special toys? Do they go with the register, only if in the uploaded store, or not at all? I know the game will fill in alternates if you don't own a specific pack for a download, but cc will go along with uploaded Sims. Thinking of putting up a pet store or two for the recommendations badges. Or maybe a pet-specific lot. (Not just recolors, but actually built by me.)

I just discovered that there are racing posts that are specific to the store, that aren't IN the store; they're in buydebug with the other special toys. They have wrought metal bases instead of the wooden ones. They're probably in the register, though. (Alternative thought, were the specials included in the pack, just hidden in buydebug if you didn't get the store?)
    Does anyone know, if I upload a pet store with the pet store cash register (included in the bonus store download for 'early' adopters of Pets), will the register turn up in the game of someone with pets but without the bonus store? What about the special toys? Do they go with the register, only if in the uploaded store, or not at all? I know the game will fill in alternates if you don't own a specific pack for a download, but cc will go along with uploaded Sims. Thinking of putting up a pet store or two for the recommendations badges. Or maybe a pet-specific lot. (Not just recolors, but actually built by me.)

I just discovered that there are racing posts that are specific to the store, that aren't IN the store; they're in buydebug with the other special toys. They have wrought metal bases instead of the wooden ones. They're probably in the register, though. (Alternative thought, were the specials included in the pack, just hidden in buydebug if you didn't get the store?)

I have the pet store - but suspect if someone who downloads from the exchange won't get anything they don't own.

The CC that you get from the Exchange appears to be there because whoever loaded the CC items had the files for that CC in their DCBackup folder. Store items seem to ignore the DCBackup folder. You can get CC that isn't used in a build or sim or other item if the person who loaded it to the Exchange had the files for that CC in their DCBackup folder. This is why you need to check with Custard if you don't want to end up with CC in your game. The person who does the uploading usually has no idea their CC has become attached.

I've heard of Sims having lots attached to them and other lots attached to the lots attached to the sims.

But I think you'll find EA have made sure no store item will become accidentally attached. All you will be loading is a pointer to the item in their installed items. Not the actual store file.

From what I experienced, those "unowned items" will most likely be replaced by random owned ones
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    I now have my game patched to 1.55 and hope to try for a few of the difficult badges. Possibly they won't appear as I have installed all expansions and stuff packs up to and including seasons.
    Good Luck with them!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top