Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ISSUES/BUGS with Dine Out

Comments

• Options
    waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    Oh and musical chairs. Every sim that eats gets up to go eat at the sofa instead of the table! Had to get rid of a sofa, piano, outside bench as that was just as bad with musical chairs. I'm also experiencing sims at a table next to a wall. They talk to the wall instead of the waitress when being served.
  • Options
    fairymama47fairymama47 Posts: 180 Member
    -The booths dont register as seating and will disappear after the build.
    -People dont get served any food, the waiter takes the order but no food is produced the chef just stands in front of the stove.
    -Have strange mixes of families showing up, unrelated family members dining together
    -Food made by the chef sits on the floor by her feet.
    -people are never seated at the booths
    -No one in the restaurant is served food not just the character I am playing
  • Options
    DB_SimmerDB_Simmer Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having a problem with my sims (customers) pulling food from their personal inventory at the tables while waiting for their food to be served.

It seems like if they have food in their inventories they will pull out a serving even if their hunger is in the green - so it's not like they are starving while waiting for their food.

I initially had some of the other mentioned issues; therefore, I diabled Mods & CC already and so far this is the only glitch that I've noticed. I'm only using the Maxis built restaurants.
  • Options
    LutefiskLutefisk Posts: 92 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    Lutefisk wrote: »
    I'm sorry to post on this thread but it's not letting me make my own thread right now.

I just tried to run my restaurant for the first time and the chef has not made one single meal. My first day I was open for 11 hours and the chef did not make ONE SINGLE MEAL. She was standing at the station and doing all the animations as if she was cooking, but there were no meals being made for the waitress to take to the table.

In my experience, they have kind of an idle cooking animation. So if they are not actually cooking, they just stand at the stove and do animations. If they start chopping stuff, that's when they actually cook a meal.

Did the waiters take orders and go over to the chefs to place the order ? Are you using any mods ?

A few other things I've noticed so far... I really wanted my sim's nephew to be the chef, so I tried the trick of evicting him and moving him back into his house after I hired him. The next day after I moved him back in it said I needed to hire a new chef, and he wasn't on the list of options. It's really frustrating that I can't choose who to hire as my chef, since I was really looking forward to it being a family member. Why won't they let me pick who I want? He was on the list the first day but when I re-evicted him he wasn't there anymore. I had to hire some random townie who I don't care about instead.

If you switched to that family, he lost his chef job. You can't play with those Sims or they'll loose their job. I need to check out the evicted bin hiring myself so don't know why he didn't show up but you might need to delete all your unhoused Sims for that (the ones you don't want)
    The other issue I had was that my other household members can't go to work while I'm running my restaurant. So their job performance is going down while I'm watching my restaurant fail... I am a sad panda.

What happens ? Do they not go on their own or do you get an error ?

Thank you for responding! :)
    My waitress is taking orders and giving them to the chef but the chef never seems to produce anything. The waitress keeps coming back and waiting next to the chef but nothing happens.

The only mod I play with is MC Command Center, I will try to see if I'm still having the issue tonight without mods. (Though sadly if it comes between having MC Command Center and running a restaurant, I know what I'm going to choose). When I've been to restaurants in the game as a patron the chefs were able to produce food just fine, so I don't know if there's something I'm doing wrong with my own restaurant.

I did try to play my first chef after I moved him back in so that explains why I couldn't re-hire him. I was trying to level up his cooking skill because he is too low level to make any of the recipes on the menu and I thought that might be what was causing the issue. Has anyone been able to get their chefs to cook things higher than their cooking level?

For the work issue, I had my restaurant managing sim open at 9:30 am, and her daughter back at home never went to her 10:00 job. The work icon was flashing red and her boss was calling, and me clicking "send to work" didn't do anything. Am I the only one having this issue? It seems like a pretty crazy thing to overlook...

Was the daughter at the home lot at that time ?

As for MC Commander: Deaderpool can fix stuff if it's really related to his mod. It just needs to be established as being the culprit.

As for the not cooking, did you build the restaurant yourself ? Did you check if you buy one of the exiting ones ?

The daughter was at the home lot when she was supposed to go to work.

I built my own restaurant, now I'm wondering if maybe the placement of the objects is causing the issue? I'm using the standalone stove in the corner of the kitchen with the chef facing the wall, and the waiter's station next to it. Would anyone be able to tell me if they have a similar setup that's working for them? Maybe I should switch to the window station.

Thanks for any help!
  • Options
    JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    i'm having an issue where the customers aren't leaving after they finish their meals. Anyone else having this issue?

I noticed this as well.. unfortunately what I have to do is reset them :/
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • Options
    DB_Simmer wrote: »
    I'm having a problem with my sims (customers) pulling food from their personal inventory at the tables while waiting for their food to be served.

It seems like if they have food in their inventories they will pull out a serving even if their hunger is in the green - so it's not like they are starving while waiting for their food.

I initially had some of the other mentioned issues; therefore, I diabled Mods & CC already and so far this is the only glitch that I've noticed. I'm only using the Maxis built restaurants.

I noticed that they tend leave their books on the table and causing them to not receive their meals. I go in a and sell the book or move it.
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
  • Options
    shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    edited June 2016
    I haven't really had to many issues with this pack. Every once in a while a sim will stand up and dance or go to the bathroom but mostly sims stay seated at their table. I keep my sims talking to help keep them seated. Wait times at the tables have not been bad. However I have added an extra chef station so that there are two chefs. They are pretty good at picking up dishes. A couple times I picked them up off the floor but that was it. I have not ran a restaurant yet so I don't know if I will run into any issues there. Also I am only using the restaurants that came with the pack. I have noticed that sims are not using the bar at all. Sometimes a child will come in with another family then his or hers. Haven't seen any waiters at any restaurant drop the food. I have seen all staff always are working hard. They all seem to be very skilled but again I am not running a restaurant yet. There was one thing I wasn't sure why but I had a group of 8 and they all ordered a dish. When the waiter came with the food, 2 sims were missing their food. The other 6 got their food. I had to reorder for the other two and then they finally got their food. Also I don't know why when your sim orders only a water why it takes the same amount of time to get it as it does a meal. Don't understand why so many are having these issues when others are not. Hope they can fix this for you guys.
  • Options
    LMJLMJ Posts: 161 Member
    edited June 2016
    So I'm not sure about what happened to my original post, it showed up as blank. Could be could I was using my phone.
    • customers not leaving after meal
    • when clicking 'load dishwasher', my sim takes dishes to the waiter's station instead
    • when loading dishwasher (at home) my sim goes to college the dishes but then they all disappear from her hand but her hand is still up as if she's carrying something
    • waiters not removing dishes so my sim is left doing it after closing restaurant
    • books randomly left on tables (i don't have a bookcase)
    • hosts standing around and look as if they're staring into space when there's clearly a cue of customers bursting to be seated
    • skills are maxed and chef still can't cook the highest difficult
    • 4/5 stars about heads but they have either water or money above their heads until I'm missing something
      1. 'disable new customers' still seems to allow new customers
      sorry if these have already been mentioned
    • Options
      LMJLMJ Posts: 161 Member
      Not sure what happened to my post. :/
    • Options
      KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
      There are now single sims coming to the restaurant, sitting at a table, ordering, eating, and in the middle of the meal the host brings another single sim at their table (while other tables are empty)... who ends up not ordering any food nor eating and going back to 1 star rating and NEVER leaving until closing time. Not sure if this was intended, or if it's another bug.
      The disallow costumers feature works once in a while, most of the times it does not.
      KEBB11a.png
      Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
      Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
    • Options
      madonnersmadonners Posts: 136 Member
      Ive got this too when 1 person arrives orders food and another sims joins them after they have ordered already and it all gets messed up and they both get 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that their waiting time is long but they have the food in front of them they just arent eating it. Its some bug with parties arriving in different times.
      MadgeIronThrone.jpg
    • Options
      pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
      I've noticed this too with the second diner coming long after the first one sat down and ordered and messing everything up. The weird thing is that it took until today for that to start happening. The 8 or so playsessions that I've played in the first two days DO has been out, that never happened at all.
    • Options
      jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
      The only bug i have that my sims can't get any food they order. Everyone else in the restaurant get's served but not my sims...
      Talk about bad customer service :sweat_smile:
      Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
    • Options
      crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
      -People dont get served any food, the waiter takes the order but no food is produced the chef just stands in front of the stove.
      -Have strange mixes of families showing up, unrelated family members dining together

Are you using any mods in your game ?
      Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
      Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
      How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
      AHQ Tutorial

• Options
      I'm sorry to post on this thread but it's not letting me make my own thread right now.

I just tried to run my restaurant for the first time and the chef has not made one single meal. My first day I was open for 11 hours and the chef did not make ONE SINGLE MEAL. She was standing at the station and doing all the animations as if she was cooking, but there were no meals being made for the waitress to take to the table.

In my experience, they have kind of an idle cooking animation. So if they are not actually cooking, they just stand at the stove and do animations. If they start chopping stuff, that's when they actually cook a meal.

Did the waiters take orders and go over to the chefs to place the order ? Are you using any mods ?

A few other things I've noticed so far... I really wanted my sim's nephew to be the chef, so I tried the trick of evicting him and moving him back into his house after I hired him. The next day after I moved him back in it said I needed to hire a new chef, and he wasn't on the list of options. It's really frustrating that I can't choose who to hire as my chef, since I was really looking forward to it being a family member. Why won't they let me pick who I want? He was on the list the first day but when I re-evicted him he wasn't there anymore. I had to hire some random townie who I don't care about instead.

If you switched to that family, he lost his chef job. You can't play with those Sims or they'll loose their job. I need to check out the evicted bin hiring myself so don't know why he didn't show up but you might need to delete all your unhoused Sims for that (the ones you don't want)
      The other issue I had was that my other household members can't go to work while I'm running my restaurant. So their job performance is going down while I'm watching my restaurant fail... I am a sad panda.

What happens ? Do they not go on their own or do you get an error ?

Thank you for responding! :)
      My waitress is taking orders and giving them to the chef but the chef never seems to produce anything. The waitress keeps coming back and waiting next to the chef but nothing happens.

The only mod I play with is MC Command Center, I will try to see if I'm still having the issue tonight without mods. (Though sadly if it comes between having MC Command Center and running a restaurant, I know what I'm going to choose). When I've been to restaurants in the game as a patron the chefs were able to produce food just fine, so I don't know if there's something I'm doing wrong with my own restaurant.

I did try to play my first chef after I moved him back in so that explains why I couldn't re-hire him. I was trying to level up his cooking skill because he is too low level to make any of the recipes on the menu and I thought that might be what was causing the issue. Has anyone been able to get their chefs to cook things higher than their cooking level?

For the work issue, I had my restaurant managing sim open at 9:30 am, and her daughter back at home never went to her 10:00 job. The work icon was flashing red and her boss was calling, and me clicking "send to work" didn't do anything. Am I the only one having this issue? It seems like a pretty crazy thing to overlook...

Was the daughter at the home lot at that time ?

As for MC Commander: Deaderpool can fix stuff if it's really related to his mod. It just needs to be established as being the culprit.

As for the not cooking, did you build the restaurant yourself ? Did you check if you buy one of the exiting ones ?

The daughter was at the home lot when she was supposed to go to work.

I built my own restaurant, now I'm wondering if maybe the placement of the objects is causing the issue? I'm using the standalone stove in the corner of the kitchen with the chef facing the wall, and the waiter's station next to it. Would anyone be able to tell me if they have a similar setup that's working for them? Maybe I should switch to the window station.

Thanks for any help!

Try placing one of the premade and see if it works there.

Maybe post a picture of how it shows now.

I haven't played long with a multi-Sim family but I'll keep an eye out for the work issue.
      Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
      AHQ Tutorial

• Options
      So many bugs are getting lost in here.

I do believe that some are legit and some are mod based.

Please, report here: and make a thread per issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

AHQ Tutorial

• Options
      ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
      Is anyone else having a problem where they order in the restaurant but the food is never delivered? I waited about 6 hours for my sims food on their date and the date ended before they even got the drinks they ordered. The restaurants I have tried to take them to are ones that I created myself. They meet the restaurant requirements and have menus available. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have NO mods or CC and I have repaired several times
    • Options
      So many bugs are getting lost in here.

I do believe that some are legit and some are mod based.

Please, report here: and make a thread per issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

They need to open an option for dine out under game packs
      My Top Picks for an EP:
      University
      Seasons
    • Options
      There are now single sims coming to the restaurant, sitting at a table, ordering, eating, and in the middle of the meal the host brings another single sim at their table (while other tables are empty)... who ends up not ordering any food nor eating and going back to 1 star rating and NEVER leaving until closing time. Not sure if this was intended, or if it's another bug.
      The disallow costumers feature works once in a while, most of the times it does not.

& @madonners

Yeah This is so annoying! I listed this as "Dinner party arriving late" I really hope we get a patch to fix these issues soon because its getting annoying for me to play lol
      My Top Picks for an EP:
      University
      Seasons
    • Options
      kkellyy15kkellyy15 Posts: 11 New Member
      Is anyone else having a problem where they order in the restaurant but the food is never delivered? I waited about 6 hours for my sims food on their date and the date ended before they even got the drinks they ordered. The restaurants I have tried to take them to are ones that I created myself. They meet the restaurant requirements and have menus available. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have NO mods or CC and I have repaired several times

I'm having the exact same problem, except I've ordered from a restaurant from the trailer and not of my own making. I've ordered at three different restaurants (none of them "dates", just visits) and each time I've waited many hours for the food to arrive before giving up and leaving without eating. It's incredibly frustrating and a waste of time.
    • Options
      Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
      edited June 2016
      I have musical chairs :\

QxqZ53u.png

My sims keep getting up with their food to talk to people, and they seem to have trouble sitting next to each other, I have tables with 4 places, families of three are always getting up and down.

Also they seem to be very attracted to the jukebox :\
      mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    • Options
      ladiieashladiieash Posts: 108 Member

The booth happened to me. If you have mods install then it could be a mod thats what was wrong with me. I have my mod folder organized into subfolders (clothes, hair, Other CAS, major mods, & bedding). It was something in my bedding folder that was causing the booths to act that way. I suggest taking things out of your mod one by one or group by group to see whats causing that. If you have mods install. I hope this helps !
    • Options
      LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
      @crinrict Yeah I'll take a screenshot next time I'm in the game (not sure when cause I'm pretty busy with RL).
    • Options
      FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
      edited June 2016
      Fizzstix wrote: »
      So, I decided to go try some gameplay at the maxis made restaurant. Everything is fine except the cooks there too. The put something on the stove, then go wandering around, or just standing around and not even in the kitchen.
      this sounds really like a mod incompatibility

I ran my game with only MC Command and my cook would not do anything. NO food was delivered to the tables for 2 open nights. Also, my waitress wanders around between doing her jobs (when food was delivered before I took out all my mods (but for MCC). I have a multi-level establishment. I created a hotel-apartment/restaurant and she wanders around in the upper level rooms watching tv, playing on the computers and taking a bath and using the toilets up there. There is a bathroom on the restaurant level AND tvs for the patrons to watch.

Oh and I do have refrigerators in the restaurant kitchen and patrons actually went into the kitchen to make themselves microwave meals.
    • Options
      Vampyfan2Vampyfan2 Posts: 517 Member
      My staff will randomly reset while working. You can tell because they're in the middle of doing an action, then all of a sudden they're standing as stiff as a board. It's really annoying because they don't ever tend to the dirty tables, then people start complaining that the decor of the restaurant is not satisfactory.

I also noticed that you can't even make a profit until you hit 5 stars. If you don't upgrade your staff's abilities and their wages, then they will either quit, or keep providing lousy service. Makes it difficult to run a humble diner.
      Watch my live streams and follow me on twitch!

This discussion has been closed.
    Return to top