Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ISSUES/BUGS with Dine Out

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm having a huge problem with mine! Everytime I click a restaurant option, there is no writing just a restaurant symbol... how do I fix this so I get the writing too? x

See if anything here helps: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/11/codes-instead-of-text/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I was excited about this pack but I am having some issues that is affecting the main gameplay of this pack.

1. When I go to eat at a NPC's restaurant the Chef is invisible, and the waiter gives the invisible chef the order but no one in the restaurant receives any food.
    2. When trying to own a restaurant apparently there is an invisible Chef there too because my hired Chef will not go into the kitchen to cook anything and I am unable to manage them.

Please Fix!!!

That sounds like you've got a not-compatible-with-the-pack mod or CC. Pull out the mods folder and see if the issue recurs.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ashleythuressonashleythuresson Posts: 14 New Member
    Yesterday when I sat down to play, things went very well, minus my second chef disappearing at the beginning of the shift. This morning, though, was a disaster. My waiters were walking back & forth, but no food was served during the entire 11 hour shift. I exited without saving & am hoping the issue won't continue. :neutral:
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    So far the main bugs I have are the the standing-while-drinking and other restaurant guests wandering around and not eating their food. However, not all guests were wandering, just this particular blonde couple here.

06-08-16_9-31-48nbspPM_zps3lnl3cov.png

Just chillin' in the kitchen, no big deal.

06-08-16_9-33-07nbspPM_zpsxuf4rx0y.png

Some of the guests standing around while drinking (also, clown hair, ugh).

06-08-16_9-43-37nbspPM_zps7wxllalj.png

The blonde couple eventually sat down when their food was served, but only the woman finished hers. The man didn't even touch his. They were super cute, though; they kept flirting with each other. Guess the guy was too busy. ;)

06-08-16_9-41-30nbspPM_zpswfyvubnb.png

My Sims behaved perfectly fine. I even brought my club over, and after spotting one of my members heading towards the kitchen, I just chose "Sit Together" and everything went along perfectly. I haven't tried running a restaurant yet, but I am very pleased overall with eating at one. :)

aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    KnoxhoodKnoxhood Posts: 266 Member
    Few things:

1. Guest stand up all of the time. This includes: sims standing up to order, sims standing up to eat (also includes standing up and putting their food half eaten on the other side of the table) , sims standing up to talk and standing up for no apparent reason at all.
    2. No food gets served to anyone but my sim (the restaurant owner).
    3. Restaurant wouldn't close at all. Ended up rage quitting the game.
    4. Fired Sims still show up for work (WHY?).
    5. Random guests keep coming over to talk to my sims, not sure if it was intentional but it would be nice if my sims had a private dinner.
    EA ID: Knoxhood
    VzZNxCw.gif
    PC Specs: Corsair 760T Black Case, Intel core i7 6700K CPU, Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Mobo, MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition, 64GB DDR4 Geil 2400MHz RAM, 2x 240GB HyperX Savage & Samsung 850 EVO SSDs, 9TB WD Red HDDs, ID-COOLING FrostFlow 240L Red LED CPU cooling,750W PSU.
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I found another bug in my game. Two if you count the constant water drinking. But the other:

I send my Sim family to a restaurant and they wait hours and still don't have their order arrive. They ordered at 6pm and were still waiting until 1:30am. Every time I clicked "give up the table" it said the food would arrive soon, but it never did.
  • Options
    SimmerSophie96SimmerSophie96 Posts: 253 Member
    Knoxhood wrote: »
    Few things:

1. Guest stand up all of the time. This includes: sims standing up to order, sims standing up to eat (also includes standing up and putting their food half eaten on the other side of the table) , sims standing up to talk and standing up for no apparent reason at all.
    2. No food gets served to anyone but my sim (the restaurant owner).
    3. Restaurant wouldn't close at all. Ended up rage quitting the game.
    4. Fired Sims still show up for work (WHY?).
    5. Random guests keep coming over to talk to my sims, not sure if it was intentional but it would be nice if my sims had a private dinner.

Im having the same problem with not being able to close my restaurant :( WHY
  • Options
    JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    jsn wrote: »
    Jordojord wrote: »
    jsn wrote: »
    I......can't visit any restaurants :D
    I tried going out to lunch with my new couple and got an error saying that the lot was incomplete even though it was a premade one that came with the pack. Then after that message pops up, it just kicks me back to the world select screen

It's probably a mod issue :/

Sounds like a mod issue for realsies

Yes, it was either the "Faster Sim Spawning" or "Less Random Townies on Community Lots" mods. I'm not sure which because I just deleted them both lol
    Hopefully if someone else had this issue they'll see this and can fix it easily

I had those 2 mods in my game too! haha
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • Options
    Jesf8312 wrote: »
    So, I thought when we hovered over a sim who is eating at our resturaunt, it's supposed to show a little blurb above their head about their current thoughts on their experience (good/bad service, good/bad food, etc) but I'm not getting that. Just the regular 'name, age and clubs" pop up when hovering over a sim... Am I missing something or could this be a bug? Is it only critics that show this?

Maybe they were finished eating?
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
  • Options
    I'm having some of those bugs too. One I don't think I've seen mentioned (I might be wrong) is the one I just encountered. When customizing the uniforms, they don't get saved. It goes back to the three options Maxis made as soon as you exit CAS. I'm repairing my game now to see if that helps, it's been frustrating. I could only save a customize Female Waitress, the rest, no chance.

I have no CC nor mods.

UPDATE: I just repaired my game and this is still happening.

I CAN'T CUSTOMIZE MY STAFF'S UNIFORMS :s

SECOND UPDATE: I found a way around. Editing the already existing uniforms seems to work.

I noticed this aswell! I added one and it didn't show up so i tried to edit a pre-existing one and that works!
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    There are times where my entire restaurant will descend into chaos. Half the restaurant will stand around one table talking, while there is another huge gathering of sims at the podium waiting to be seated. My manager sim obviously felt the need to work of some of her frustration. I feel ya Gurl

10pn385.jpg
  • Options
    Bernhardvd22Bernhardvd22 Posts: 250 Member
    @SimGuruNick Are these known issues?
  • Options
    quasha81388quasha81388 Posts: 255 Member
    Jordojord wrote: »
    Beanfoot wrote: »
    Here's a bug: my chef showed up for work, then not only stopped working but went home. I called her back the only way I could: "hangout at current lot" and she came in plain clothes with no way to get her to work. Blegh, lost a whole day because of her. I ended up hiring another chef at the last second so I would at least be not too deep in the red.

I had a waitress not show up.. had to close and re open ;l[/q

Same issue i had to close and re open to get her to show up. smh
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited June 2016
    List of things i've noticed while playing

Musical Chairs - Not has bad on restaurant lots, but many of my sims who suddenly get there drink have a tendency to move and chat with other unrelated Sims.

The Exorcist
    - Only seen it happen twice, but when a Sim leaves the chair, noticed body contortion complete with freaky head spin. (routing?)

Customer Variety - Seems I have the same customers everyday, despite my neighborhoods all packed out.

Problem Child - Lone child without parents turning up to the restaurant. (Seems random children are added to a completely different sim or family)

Book Thieves - Townies bringing and reading books or eating food in inventory only to have it stolen forever by the waitress.

Ghosts! - Perhaps not related to restaurants, but two of my restaurants when hiring entertainment I've always had ghosts turn up for bizzare reasons. I've not got any households with ghosts in them "spoookkky".

Waiter Service Please! - After many hrs of playing with restaurants, I've just opened up again to find the waiter not taking the food to the customers despite it being ready on the counter. Lets just say had many complaints from customers. I don't think this is a bug seeing the waiter is well trained and in a good mood to be working here. (Corrected itself after closing and reopening)

Clones - I hired some unactive households to be waiters etc from the list of potential employees. Now the game seems to be making random clones of Sims to hire as staff.

Service Sims - Noticed that my household maid and gardener turn up to my restaurant then go away after finding everything is fine.

Do you mind if I interrupt you romantic evening?

06-08-16_5-00-38nbspPM.png~original

Excuse me waiter can you get these clowns away from me!

06-08-16_5-03-38nbspPM.png~original

Lets Dance, while we let the food get cold for hrs...

06-08-16_5-32-34nbspPM.png~original
    Post edited by knazzer on
  • Options
    Aralie3209Aralie3209 Posts: 20 Member
    All of my issues seem to revolve around the new seating system...

-Some tables and chairs won't register as dining spots. Actually, I've only successfully used the ones that came with this pack and the picnic tables. I couldn't figure out why everyone was sitting outside when there were like 20 tables inside. lol.
    -Sims won't sit at the bar. I'm not sure if they are supposed to, but apparently seats at a bar/island don't count as dining spots either, even if I use the Dine Out barstools.
    -Linking tables to booths/booths to tables only works 50% of the time. I can't seem to link two booths to a table, like one normally would. It just refuses to work.
    -Musical chairs. Still. We already knew that. :p

That's all I've noticed so far, but I've only been actually playing a restaurant for about 15 sim hours.
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    The worst issue I found is staff showing up then disappear
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    So, I decided to go try some gameplay at the maxis made restaurant. Everything is fine except the cooks there too. The put something on the stove, then go wandering around, or just standing around and not even in the kitchen.
    this sounds really like a mod incompatibility

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    fairymama47fairymama47 Posts: 180 Member
    I have no mods and when I try to use wallpaper or flooring all the furniture in my restaurant turns yellow and dissappears.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    edited June 2016
    knazzer wrote: »
    Waiter Service Please! - After many hrs of playing with restaurants, I've just opened up again to find the waiter not taking the food to the customers despite it being ready on the counter. Lets just say had many complaints from customers. I don't think this is a bug seeing the waiter is well trained and in a good mood to be working here. (Corrected itself after closing and reopening)

This is my biggest issue and my restaurant lost it's 5 star rating because of it. I did eventually notice why it was happening. For some reason, my waitstaff don't clear tables half of the time so if anyone sits at a table with dirty dishes on it, they are unable to receive their food. The waitstaff seems to deliver food in order, so if the table isn't cleared then it clogs up the entire process, and most of the time they won't clear it.
    Post edited by Gabe_oz on
  • Options
    thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    I'm having a major problem with my game. When I click the option to change menu, the screen fades a bit as if another window is going to pop up, but it never does. It just sits there. I can't run my diner because I need to change the menu, access the fridge, and make the food easy enough for my chef to cook. Basically the whole pack is useless without the menu feature imo. Help?
  • Options
    I hope some gurus are reading this :( Bugs are so not cool! Especially with a fantastic gamepack! @SimGuruNinja :)
  • Options
    I'm having a major problem with my game. When I click the option to change menu, the screen fades a bit as if another window is going to pop up, but it never does. It just sits there. I can't run my diner because I need to change the menu, access the fridge, and make the food easy enough for my chef to cook. Basically the whole pack is useless without the menu feature imo. Help?

Hey @thesimmer14 . The cause of this is an outdated version of the UI Cheats mod. You need to download and install the new version that was released yesterday.
  • Options
    Aralie3209 wrote: »

-Some tables and chairs won't register as dining spots. Actually, I've only successfully used the ones that came with this pack and the picnic tables. I couldn't figure out why everyone was sitting outside when there were like 20 tables inside. lol.
    -Sims won't sit at the bar. I'm not sure if they are supposed to, but apparently seats at a bar/island don't count as dining spots either, even if I use the Dine Out barstools.

Any CC tables or chairs that have not been updated/tagged properly by the creator will not work with Dine Out. But any Maxis made tables/chairs should work perfectly. You also cannot set bars/islands as dining spots as they aren't an actual table and wouldn't function properly with the pack. Though I do not know why you are having trouble with attaching 2 booths to each other, as it worked perfectly fine for me.
  • Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    I hope some gurus are reading this :( Bugs are so not cool! Especially with a fantastic gamepack! @SimGuruNinja :)

We Summon the magic ninja!
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    Romire wrote: »

We Summon the magic ninja!

Whaha indeed :smiley: I must say, best gamepack ever!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top