Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ISSUES/BUGS with Dine Out

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    Romire wrote: »
    I hope some gurus are reading this :( Bugs are so not cool! Especially with a fantastic gamepack! @SimGuruNinja :)

We Summon the magic ninja!

Bugs are not cool, I agree. We are actively keeping tabs on bug reports popping up in these forums and investigating them on our end.
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    I'm getting basically almost all of the above.
    Also, I'd like to address the huuuge amount of families (mother/teen daughter/child) that are constantly spawned every time I open the restaurant, even if there are already dozens of them in the game.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Is it a bug when your sim is on a date and they order food and it seems like the waiter never took the order so you have to order again and wait.?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I don't know if this has been mentioned or not and I don't have the time to read all of the comments so forgive me if this has been mentioned.

Wait staff standing over tables. Took my sim out to dinner and the waiter just stood there. Then he waved his hands around and the "I gotta go" bubble cloud formed above his head. He didn't go to the and use the bathroom, but just stood there next to my sim and wet himself. This happened in another pre-made as well but it was a waitress and it was the table next to my sim.

Opened my own restaurant and the wait staff did use the restroom when need be but they stood over the customers in the restaurant as they ate their meal. I tried to see if there was an option to direct them to go and do something else instead of standing over the customers all stalker and creepy like, but there wasn't any. Not that I saw anyways.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I've had a couple of these bugs too.

My waitstaff rarely clean up dishes, they more regularly just wait for food to be served so that causes issues.

People get up and talk, or will get seated but never actually sit. Sometimes, additional sims will show up and sit with an already seated table, so I'm not really sure if they are together or they are just double seating.

The "disallow customers" thing is only sometimes working for me. Sometimes it will take a couple of hours to kick in and other times it won't work at all.

One thing that I didn't see mentioned, and it may be intentional, is "inappropriate behavior" reaction from my sims. I made a little basement home for my couple to stay in here and there. I had one sim cooking (restaurant closed, by the way), and the other sim got an angry "inappropriate behavior" reaction show up and confronted the first sim. I feel like the owners, especially while the restaurant is closed, should be good to cook on the lot. This doesn't happen with quick meals.
  • Options
    Aralie3209Aralie3209 Posts: 20 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Any CC tables or chairs that have not been updated/tagged properly by the creator will not work with Dine Out. But any Maxis made tables/chairs should work perfectly. You also cannot set bars/islands as dining spots as they aren't an actual table and wouldn't function properly with the pack. Though I do not know why you are having trouble with attaching 2 booths to each other, as it worked perfectly fine for me.

They were Maxis ones. :(

When I try to connect two booths, one will "jump" back a half tile and won't register as being connected to the table. I've tried with MOO on and off with no luck. Sometimes I'll load a lot and a booth that was fine before will have disappeared, and the table will still be there by its lonesome.

More issues! These may have already been mentioned, sorry...

-I can't add outfits in the additional slots for restaurant staff. It will take me to CAS and I will make an outfit, then I come back and it's not on the list. I can change/customize the existing 3 without a problem, I just can't add more.

-If I change the outfits after hiring staff, they are all immediately fired.

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited June 2016
    Now that I know @SimGuruNinja is reading this thread, I'd like to share this link to a topic I started earlier on today. It is a very important issue for me and I would like to see it taken care of somehow.
    Thanks!
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889755/the-randomness-of-customers
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    edited June 2016
    The maid from my sims house turned up in the restaurant instead of the house, knock on the restaurant's door and said that it looked like we didn't need her services today. What? :D
    06_08_16_10_49_05_AM.png
    imagen jpg

My maid did that too!! :D

I also had a chef that just wouldn't cook anything! She was pottering about but never produced any food, so everyone left due to 'wait times'.

The waitress would deliver the orders and occasionally return to the chef station and hang around, as if she reckoned food should be there, but there was never anything for her to collect, so she'd wander away again. The chef still going crazy with pots and pans.

She was a level 2 chef but all my food was level one so she should've been fine cooking it.

I tried closing and reopening but that didn't work, she just did the same again.

I was using a Maxis pre-made (that Japanese looking one which has two workstations, I forget the name). In the end I deleted the workstation she seemed to be preferring and left her with the other. That seemed to work for my next work day, but I've no idea what exactly was causing the problem.

I wondered if it could be a waitress problem, as others have noticed, which I guess it still could be but my chef certainly never produced any of those platters, nor did the 'lifting completed platter' animation. Perhaps it's the crossover point between chef and waitress that's the issue.

Oh and by the way, if you delete a chef station where a chef is working, they just go home! Lol! Even if there is another chef station available! :)

Only other thing I noticed, which was more odd than an actually bug was the guest combinations at the restaurants.

No actually family groups came in. Sure there were man, woman & child groups but it was just random. Nancy Llandgrabb came by with a random Hotdog townie and some kid of equal unrelatedness.

Now, there is nothing wrong with friends heading out together but I have yet to see an actual full household come to my restaurant, which would be nice if my rotation families popped up every so often for some nosh! :)

• Options
    ladiieashladiieash Posts: 108 Member
    I am having a problem with the booth. At first, the booths would not appear. i took out all my mods and then the booths appeared. But now when you click on a booth they will not sit. -_- it is so frustrating.
  • Options
    JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    Now that I know @SimGuruNinja is reading this thread, I'd like to share this link to a topic I started earlier on today. It is a very important issue for me and I would like to see it taken care of somehow.
    Thanks!
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889755/the-randomness-of-customers

I'm glad they are paying attention!
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • Options
    lalakailalakai Posts: 1 New Member
    well mine is buggin out too, my sim bought a restaurant and it was doing fine and then everything froze (time went on but sims kinda sat around) and i tried to close the place down and it wouldn't let me, and also my staff changed lol. they werent the ones i hired. and it also said that my sim hadnt even bought the restaurant so it was like he didnt own it at all but when i tried to buy it again it said "cannot buy pre-owned lots" :expressionless: so i had to restart and repair. it worked normally again but then my staff changed again ! and they werent elderly so they didnt die, and i dont play with aging on anyway. idk i shut it down for tonight :o
  • Options
    ZyenziZyenzi Posts: 1 New Member
    I disabled all script mods to see if that was the issue, and it wasn't.

I went to Chez Llama, everything went smoothly until after we were seated, I clicked on the waiter and selected order for table once, Nothing happened. Then did it again, and the game screen turned grey like when you have a pop up menu or message, except there was no message box, and nothing to click on. So the only way i could get out was to alt-tab and end task.

This happened to me also. Ended up wiping an hour of gametime because I forgot to save first. Exact same place, exact same action. Clicked to order, then it froze and the blue tinged screen of a pop up menu appeared and never went away.
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    edited June 2016
    Oohhh if @SimGuruNinja really is keeping an eye on this, he'd be the best person to help me. I'm having an issue with one of the Waitresses that the maxiscreator_01 uploaded. Nancy Holder? No matter what I do I *cannot* hire her as a waitress for one of my resturaunts. I'm able to hire the chef as a chef, the other two waiters as waiters, and the Lucas guy as host.... Nancy shows as an option for both chef and host, but NEVER waitress. I've tried all the tricks I've found here in the forums, and I'm just at a loss.... Is there something about Nancy that makes her unqualified to be a waitress??
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    My waitstaff rarely clean up dishes, they more regularly just wait for food to be served so that causes issues.

Yeah. This is really annoying for me too. Since they deliver food in order of who ordered first through last, if the table they're trying to deliver to has dishes on it, then they won't deliver which causes a backlog. Thankfully you can still drag dishes into the trash can and your sims can still clean up. Being a bus-sim might not be the best role. But at least your sim can have some kind of role other than talking to customers and managing employees. XD
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Aralie3209 wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Any CC tables or chairs that have not been updated/tagged properly by the creator will not work with Dine Out. But any Maxis made tables/chairs should work perfectly. You also cannot set bars/islands as dining spots as they aren't an actual table and wouldn't function properly with the pack. Though I do not know why you are having trouble with attaching 2 booths to each other, as it worked perfectly fine for me.

They were Maxis ones. :(

When I try to connect two booths, one will "jump" back a half tile and won't register as being connected to the table. I've tried with MOO on and off with no luck. Sometimes I'll load a lot and a booth that was fine before will have disappeared, and the table will still be there by its lonesome.

More issues! These may have already been mentioned, sorry...

-I can't add outfits in the additional slots for restaurant staff. It will take me to CAS and I will make an outfit, then I come back and it's not on the list. I can change/customize the existing 3 without a problem, I just can't add more.

-If I change the outfits after hiring staff, they are all immediately fired.

What I was doing when I was making booths is place down a booth, connect the table to it and then I would place down another booth, pick up the table (which will carry the first booth) and connect it to that. I don't know if that makes a difference or not, but it works for me.

I do also have that issue for uniforms disappearing whenever I try to make one for my waitstaff, but I haven't experienced them being fired.
  • Options
    Jesf8312 wrote: »
    Oohhh if @SimGuruNinja really is keeping an eye on this, he'd be the best person to help me. I'm having an issue with one of the Waitresses that the maxiscreator_01 uploaded. Nancy Holder? No matter what I do I *cannot* hire her as a waitress for one of my resturaunts. I'm able to hire the chef as a chef, the other two waiters as waiters, and the Lucas guy as host.... Nancy shows as an option for both chef and host, but NEVER waitress. I've tried all the tricks I've found here in the forums, and I'm just at a loss.... Is there something about Nancy that makes her unqualified to be a waitress??

Try putting multiple of her into your game, but add something onto her first or last name each time. So once you do hire her, you'll know which one to keep and you delete the rest and change her name back to normal.
  • Options
    FlyinghovercraftFlyinghovercraft Posts: 2 New Member
    all the costumers that are entering my restorant are just standing near the host and that's it the host wont talk to them and they wont do anything els wont order food wont talk wont get inside just stand at the entrance pls fix
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    @Gabe_oz
    I've already tried that. Had about 10 of her. She doesn't even show up then. The game just generated new townies to hire instead of her
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    Jesf8312 wrote: »
    @Gabe_oz
    I've already tried that. Had about 10 of her. She doesn't even show up then. The game just generated new townies to hire instead of her

Huh. Maybe she's just too good to be a waitstaff XD
  • Options
    LutefiskLutefisk Posts: 92 Member
    I'm sorry to post on this thread but it's not letting me make my own thread right now.

I just tried to run my restaurant for the first time and the chef has not made one single meal. My first day I was open for 11 hours and the chef did not make ONE SINGLE MEAL. She was standing at the station and doing all the animations as if she was cooking, but there were no meals being made for the waitress to take to the table.

What am I doing wrong? I have everything the venue requires to be a restaurant, I just don't understand why the meals aren't being made. All the customers left in a huff and I now have a one-star restaurant because I can't figure this thing out. I'm really hoping someone can help me here because I'm getting extremely frustrated, did anyone else have this problem?

I've just closed out of the game because it got too aggravating to continue and watch all my customers leave.

A few other things I've noticed so far... I really wanted my sim's nephew to be the chef, so I tried the trick of evicting him and moving him back into his house after I hired him. The next day after I moved him back in it said I needed to hire a new chef, and he wasn't on the list of options. It's really frustrating that I can't choose who to hire as my chef, since I was really looking forward to it being a family member. Why won't they let me pick who I want? He was on the list the first day but when I re-evicted him he wasn't there anymore. I had to hire some random townie who I don't care about instead.

The other issue I had was that my other household members can't go to work while I'm running my restaurant. So their job performance is going down while I'm watching my restaurant fail... I am a sad panda.

(I'm not normally this angry, I swear!)
  • Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    Sorry if I missed this in the discussion but I was having a routing issue with the new chef station, not the one with the window opening, and it seemed like my sim had plenty of space to use it. Is there something I'm missing? Like do I need a counter attached to it or anything to use it? Or is it not usable on a residential lot?
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I have nt had any of these bugs..yet anyway. I ve owned a restaurant and been a customer and it's running great, so far. I ve no CC and no mods though. Great pack though, I ve really missed having restaurants.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited June 2016

cully_c wrote: »
    The maid from my sims house turned up in the restaurant instead of the house, knock on the restaurant's door and said that it looked like we didn't need her services today. What? :D
    06_08_16_10_49_05_AM.png
    imagen jpg

My maid did that too!! :D

I also had a chef that just wouldn't cook anything! She was pottering about but never produced any food, so everyone left due to 'wait times'.

The waitress would deliver the orders and occasionally return to the chef station and hang around, as if she reckoned food should be there, but there was never anything for her to collect, so she'd wander away again. The chef still going crazy with pots and pans.

She was a level 2 chef but all my food was level one so she should've been fine cooking it.

I tried closing and reopening but that didn't work, she just did the same again.

I was using a Maxis pre-made (that Japanese looking one which has two workstations, I forget the name). In the end I deleted the workstation she seemed to be preferring and left her with the other. That seemed to work for my next work day, but I've no idea what exactly was causing the problem.

I wondered if it could be a waitress problem, as others have noticed, which I guess it still could be but my chef certainly never produced any of those platters, nor did the 'lifting completed platter' animation. Perhaps it's the crossover point between chef and waitress that's the issue.

Oh and by the way, if you delete a chef station where a chef is working, they just go home! Lol! Even if there is another chef station available! :)

Only other thing I noticed, which was more odd than an actually bug was the guest combinations at the restaurants.

No actually family groups came in. Sure there were man, woman & child groups but it was just random. Nancy Llandgrabb came by with a random Hotdog townie and some kid of equal unrelatedness.

Now, there is nothing wrong with friends heading out together but I have yet to see an actual full household come to my restaurant, which would be nice if my rotation families popped up every so often for some nosh! :)

I feel you!
    Post edited by AlbaWaterhouse on
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    Any updates to bugs at all?|
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi Guys,

It's really hard to keep up with bugs if they are posted in threads like these (although they are convenient for posting).

The easiest for everyone involved trying to fix this is if you report this either at the bug/issues forum here or even better, report over at AHQ: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs (you log in with your Origin account there, you can add pictures and everything and there's no restrictions for new members to make your own post)

Use the template here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/4743121#M20400
    o
    Also, please remove ALL your mods and ALL your cc and see if your issue happens on a vanilla game. Many things are broken.

This makes it much easier to keep track and with the me too feature, it also shows the devs how often something happens and they can ask questions for specific issues without them getting lost in the the bulk of posts.

I really think the devs want to fix what's wrong where possible. Giving them a well-formed bug report helps a lot with that.

ATM, there's a lot of mod issues floating around and it's really hard to distinguish what's a legit bug and what's caused my mods.

I love doing detective works and find out if I can duplicate stuff, trying out your saves or try my own game. I can help you best if you post at AHQ but there's other helpful people at the bug forum here that can also help you.

Thanks for reading.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top