Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do I have to stay in a base camp?

On the sims 3, must my sims stay in a base camp? I would prefer them staying in a hotel. Also, any tips on adventures to go on? Sorry if this was a plumb question.

Comments

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited June 2016
    @Fan_Gurll I love World Adventures...And to be honest my sims never stay at base camp.I usually camp wherever I feel like it.Your first order of business should be to buy a tent I reccomend the good/expensive one "Can be purchased at the market" it raises needs faster.Anyway you can be on any lot and go to your inventory it will say "place" when clicking on the tent put it anywhere it will go as long as there is space.This includes the empty lots on the map,unihabited homes yards,at the market,outside of and inside temples and tombs.Anywhere.Fire pits are also portable you can catch your own fish and cook them also can buy the poratable food and shower in a cans at the market.I never stay at base camp and turn whatever place I go into my own personal campground.Just do not set up camp in other Foreigners yards they get mad and come out mad.But also speaking of foreign townies if you befriend them you can stay the night at any of their homes too.Even multiple nights in a row.

Shang Simla first also because of Pangus Axe is required at all destinations and is aquired in Shang Simla

Tip of the day though

Hui Young Kim in Shang Simla is quite the looker :love: and if you have a male sim she is great girlfriend/wife material with awesome genetics.Can make beautiful Shang Simla babies after getting close and when home inviting her to visit then popping the question.Well worth stealing her from her man.He doesn't deserve her anyway. :rage:

That is my travel tip. :o

Screenshot-953_zpshe8ulayv.jpg
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Fan_GurllFan_Gurll Posts: 110 Member
    @Fan_Gurll I love World Adventures...And to be honest my sims never stay at base camp.I usually camp wherever I feel like it.Your first order of business should be to buy a tent I reccomend the good/expensive one "Can be purchased at the market" it raises needs faster.Anyway you can be on any lot and go to your inventory it will say "place" when clicking on the tent put it anywhere it will go as long as there is space.This includes the empty lots on the map,unihabited homes yards,at the market,outside of and inside temples and tombs.Anywhere.Fire pits are also portable you can catch your own fish and cook them also can buy the poratable food and shower in a cans at the market.I never stay at base camp and turn whatever place I go into my own personal campground.Just do not set up camp in other Foreigners yards they get mad and come out mad.But also speaking of foreign townies if you befriend them you can stay the night at any of their homes too.Even multiple nights in a row.

Shang Simla first also because of Pangus Axe is required at all destinations and is aquired in Shang Simla

Tip of the day though

Hui Young Kim in Shang Simla is quite the looker :love: and if you have a male sim she is great girlfriend/wife material with awesome genetics.Can make beautiful Shang Simla babies after getting close and when home inviting her to visit then popping the question.Well worth stealing her from her man.He doesn't deserve her anyway. :rage:

That is my travel tip. :o

Screenshot-953_zpshe8ulayv.jpg

Thanks so much for the post, it helped me a lot! Have an awesome day! :)
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    if you have Generations then i would also recommend a normal sleeping bag,
    it's smaller than the tent & enables your sim to sleep in narrow places

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    if you have Generations then i would also recommend a normal sleeping bag,
    it's smaller than the tent & enables your sim to sleep in narrow places

Thanks! :D have a great day
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    The thing I love about WA now is that with your world editor you can create all sorts of places for your Sim to stay and be entertained when you aren't treasure hunting.

Also Nraas has a mod to allow your Sim to visit longer or even make one of your foreign cites their home world.

And if you're exploring pyramids....remember to buy shower in a can. Helps with those pesky traps.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    The thing I love about WA now is that with your world editor you can create all sorts of places for your Sim to stay and be entertained when you aren't treasure hunting.

Also Nraas has a mod to allow your Sim to visit longer or even make one of your foreign cites their home world.

And if you're exploring pyramids....remember to buy shower in a can. Helps with those pesky traps.

Thanks a lot! Have an amazing day! :)
  • Options
    whitepawn23whitepawn23 Posts: 308 Member
    edited June 2016
    I've tried stealing people from the travel worlds, including China, and it never works. They always get added to the homeless pool after 24 hours, removed from the family by the game itself. How do you make it work with Hui Young Kim?
  • Options
    SharlaSedaiSharlaSedai Posts: 56 Member
    I always go into Edit World and make a nice place for my sims in one of the empty spaces in public lots. Like in France, above the general store is empty floors. I just go in build mode and make a nice apartment up there. I can't place stoves bc it's a public lot, but a nice bed and bathroom makes the stay so much nicer. And I've never had any trouble with people coming up and bothering me either.
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    When a Sim in one of my Legacy games married Hui Young Kim, I used the "add to active family" cheat when she came over for a visit. And then I went into "Edit Town" to split her and her fiance off from the rest of the family and placed them in a small home.

I haven't had any problems with foreign Sims disappearing since I put NRaas Traveler mod in my game, though.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I added a sim from france by inviting her over to stay and then got my sim to ask her to move in and so forth.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited July 2016
    edit - post deleted, question answered
    Post edited by Stdlr9 on
  • Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    I created a Al Simhara inspired hostel over a market street so when I visit Egypt my Sims can stay there. All the needs covered and some nice decor to enjoy/photograph.
  • Options
    MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    In France, I often stay at Landgraab's Mansion. You have to take the adventures to get the keys first though. There are some decent beds. I wish there was a shower upstairs for faster hygiene (I often use the cheat, "buy on this lot" to add one here and at the Nectary) but there is one in the basement (China adventure, the Key to the Dragon Cave is also there).
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Closing necro'd thread. Thanks.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top