Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For My Spring Buddy - *Catdog123*

aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
edited June 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
*WAVES* Hi CD (may I call you CD?)!

I don't think we've officially met or come across each other on the forums, but I want you to know that I was so excited to find out you were my buddy and to read your letter. You gave me so much to work with and I loved all of the details that you included. Your letter also gave me a chance to experiment with different aspects of the game that I hadn't played with before, so this was very exciting for me!

I've just come back from the States (I'm a bit jetlagged :D), but I didn't want you to think that I'd forgotten about you, so I'm going to leave you with a sneak peek of one of your gifts.

I hope it will all be worth the wait and I'll be back at the weekend with the rest!

For now, I'll leave you with the below:

09b32453-bbcb-49c4-97c0-cff3a7d8831d_zpsouccfny0.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2016
    @Catdog123: This thread is looking kind of bare, so let's get this party started!

Like I said above, your letter really took me to different depths of the game, things that I had never explored. I was super stoked to read the section on occult Sims. So with out further ado, may I introduce to you:

Bellamy Dixon
    download•here
    Screenshot-277_zpsy7wbya2n.jpg

BD%20Outfits_zpsxljculgi.png

BD%20outfits2_zpsscvt3kzf.png
    Traits:
    • Bookworm
    • Loves the Cold
    • Natural Cook
    • Photographer's Eye
    • Supernatural Fan

Skills:
    • Athletic - 2
    • Cooking - 5
    • Mixology - 1
    • Photography - 6

Adopted from a young age, Bellamy always knew she was different from the other children. It wasn't just the point of her out-turned ears, her amethyst-colored eyes, or the grey streaks in her hair; Bellamy always felt she had special powers. As she grew older, Bellamy came to embrace her quirkiness. When not researching her uniqueness, trying to connect with like-minded Sims, Bellamy can be found either in the kitchen perfecting a new recipe or with camera in hand photographing the world around her. Now that Bellamy is a young adult, she wants to find out once and for all WHO or WHAT she is.

Psst...I'll let you in on a little secret, Bellamy is a GENIE!

I had a lot of fun making Bellamy and I hope you enjoy playing with her. I'll leave you with some pictures, because some of her faces crack me up! ENJOY!
    Screenshot-293_zpsizln5vxc.jpg

Screenshot-290_zpsqfdafg8u.jpg

Screenshot-298_zpspzelqyxs.jpg

Screenshot-302_zpsxqcx1f9h.jpg

Screenshot-261_zpsdpj38cbj.jpg

Screenshot-246_zps6k15ljnu.jpg

Screenshot-245_zps2mhwteok.jpg

Screenshot-248_zpskospdvui.jpg

Screenshot-286_zpsgajvj85e.jpg

Screenshot-300_zpswcapmk7x.jpg
    Post edited by aricarai on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Oh heeeeey @Catdog123 - I've got your next little gift ready!

In your letter, you said that you wanted some single Sims to get into the dating game! Combined that with the occult Sims that you like and I'd like to introduce you to...a vamp and his dog:

Holden and Pope
    download•here
    Holden Montgomery

Screenshot-367_zpszgjhuvib.jpg

Born in 1870, Holden Montgomery comes from old money and royalty. He was cherished by everyone who he met and when Holden disappeared in 1900, the search for him went on for years. What Holden's family and friends didn't know is that he didn't disappear, he was changed. Now stuck in his 30 year old body forever, he had no choice but to watch from afar and move from place to place. Can Holden finally find a place to settle down where he will be accepted for the new him?

Traits:
    • Athletic
    • Disciplined
    • Friendly
    • Kleptomaniac
    • Night Owl

Pope Montgomery

Pope is the perfect little mutt for Holden. He goes wherever he goes, loyal through and through. All he needs is a place to sleep, somewhere to swim, and of course, Holden.

Traits:
    • Likes Swimming
    • Loyal
    • Neat
    HM%20Outfits_zpsgc9pqw9l.png

HM%20-%20Outfits2_zpsyxhuivmo.png
    Holden and Pope are a blank slate, freshly started with §20,000 in the bank. Because Holden has had to move around for most of his life due to his condition, I thought it would be perfect for you to start their life wherever you wanted to and however you wanted to.

Screenshot-378_zps1luuybtr.jpg

Screenshot-375_zpshoar1ylq.jpg

Screenshot-377_zpsa4ojv2ch.jpg

Screenshot-380_zps4x9oi9kr.jpg

I hope you enjoy playing with these two because I had fun making them for you! Let me know how the dating games goes for Holden!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Oh why not?! How 'bout another gift @Catdog123 - sound good?!

I really got carried away with the fellas; albeit these two are humans. Now to get them onto the dating scene, you may have to break them away from each other, because - *ALERT ALERT* - we've got a major BROMANCE going on here! Without further ado, allow me to introduce:

Leo Walter and Ellis Spencer
    download•here

Although complete opposites, Leo Walter and Ellis Spencer have been best friends since they were 3 years old. As they grew older, it became apparent that they had nothing in common except for their bond. Leo, the ladies man and Ellis, the self-professed nerd, never let stereotypes stand in the way of their friendship. As soon as they left high school, they moved in together and have begun quests to achieve their life goals and be there for each other throughout it all. The ultimate bromance!
    Leo Walter

Known amongst friends as Luscious Leo, Leo Walter has always had an easy life. Women fall at his feet, he can make easy money from his love of diving, and making friends has never been a problem. As Leo gets older, the easy life is no longer appealing - he wants a challenge. Will this laid-back lothario be challenged in love or work or will Leo's life completely change?

Screenshot-319_zps8xf994ae.jpg

LeoOutfits_zpsi5yjaggd.png

LeoOutfits2_zps9ist7uqn.png

Traits:
    • Angler
    • Hopeless Romantic
    • Irresistible
    • Loves the Outdoors
    • Mooch

Skills:
    • Fishing - 1
    • Gardening - 1
    • Scuba Diving - 1

Ellis Spencer

Ellis Spencer has always been comfortable with his nerdiness. He doesn't care much for fashion and just wears what he finds is clean. He has been focused on academics since he was a child, but although a self-proclaimed nerd, was never good at taking tests. Even with his brainiac nature, his low test scores kept him from getting a scholarship to go to university. Until Ellis can raise the money to go to university, he's worked in the bookstore - one of his favorite places in the world. Will Ellis realise his dream of going to university or is he destined to work in the store for the rest of his life?

Screenshot-318_zpsni0r4cno.jpg

EllisOutfits_zpsyf7yv5s6.png

EllisOutfits2_zpsyffopfgh.png

Traits:
    • Ambitious
    • Bookworm
    • Neat
    • Perfectionist
    • Socially Awkward

These two dudes made me giggle in how they interacted with each other, along with some of their faces. Have fun! I hope you enjoy!

Screenshot-330_zpswqdrbb33.jpg

Screenshot-327_zpsfxj4haln.jpg

Screenshot-329_zpsylqisr7j.jpg

Screenshot-328_zps5wmiw4rd.jpg

Screenshot-336_zpslnv9kfji.jpg

Screenshot-341_zpsv0bcdurn.jpg

Screenshot-342_zpsq1s1wllw.jpg

Screenshot-343_zpsjqehwhmw.jpg

Screenshot-338_zps0ornj9x0.jpg

Screenshot-345_zpszp2uyjta.jpg

Screenshot-340_zpsd6q2dmij.jpg

Screenshot-346_zps7vunm2oi.jpg

Screenshot-347_zpsohixstzw.jpg

Screenshot-348_zpsvwzs8i4g.jpg

Screenshot-351_zpsd8tfq76z.jpg

Screenshot-353_zpsceiybmov.jpg

Screenshot-354_zpsbcd3bmxr.jpg

Screenshot-355_zpsbcsx7mkb.jpg

Screenshot-359_zpsorvdoqlc.jpg

Screenshot-361_zpstsdtmb77.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2016
    I'M BACK @Catdog123 with your final gift which I hope you will just luuuurrrrrvvvveee! I'm an incredibly slow builder, but I must say I absolutely love to do it and decorate. When I read the type of builds and houses you'd like, I was super stoked to get started on something for you.

I tried to follow the below to make a home that you'd totally dig:
    Catdog123 wrote: »
    I really enjoy colors on the “cool” end of the color spectrum like greens, blues and purples however, I like all colors. For example I think red is amazing accent color.

I also love really nice landscaping and if it’s a home I prefer it to have some clutter but with enough space for a sim to easily move around.

I have started playing in a tropical world recently so a nice beach, nautical. or tropical home or houseboat would be nice. Always looking for some 20 by 20, 20 by 30 and 30 by 30 homes.

So I'll quit my rambling and may I present to you:

The Banoi
    download•here

This tropical 2 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom home is perfect for the Sims that want a relaxing vibe. Make sushi in the gormet kitchen or practice mixing drinks in the bar just off of the dining room. Outside provides the ultimate laid-back experience - watch the stars from the hot tub, congregate around the firepit, gather friends around the dominoes table for fun or get your creative juices flowing at the easel. At The Banoi, a tropical oasis, there is something for everyone.

Features:
    • 30x20 lot
    • Gourmet kitchen
    • Bar in dining room
    • Foosball table
    • Laundry room
    • Easel on wrap around porch
    • Playtested and upgraded

Let's take a tour, shall we?

How 'bout we start by moseying around the grounds?

Screenshot-227_zps8o12ejrg.jpg

Screenshot-254_zpsolq39if8.jpg

Screenshot-275_zps1h9nt2hm.jpg

Screenshot-273_zpssmw5fyq4.jpg

Screenshot-272_zpsmk6isquq.jpg

Screenshot-249_zpssvzn229b.jpg

Screenshot-257_zpsaksqdsxn.jpg

Screenshot-256_zpsu045ckqj.jpg

It's getting hot outside. Shall we cool off indoors? This way, please!

Screenshot-237_zpsv1y44msf.jpg

Just off the entry, we continue on into the open kitchen/dining area

Screenshot-264_zpsecbarcps.jpg

Screenshot-265_zpshvpvmzdg.jpg

Screenshot-250_zps4oodd1q8.jpg

Screenshot-252_zpsyd4ppzwv.jpg

Want to chillax in the lounge?

Screenshot-241_zpsgfh6jehn.jpg

Screenshot-242_zpsi8wcpoow.jpg

Screenshot-274_zpsp05wm09m.jpg

Screenshot-240_zps5ufa1gq3.jpg

Screenshot-239_zpse02u2bbi.jpg

Up the stairs we go!

Half bath and laundry just off the upstairs landing
    Screenshot-236_zpsseosx5gg.jpg

Full bath
    Screenshot-262_zpskcjpfrko.jpg

The bedrooms both feature double beds; one has a fire feature, while the other has a walk in closet
    Screenshot-232_zpsww39ar5i.jpg

Screenshot-228_zpslpfhglaq.jpg

Screenshot-230_zpsxoxmtki0.jpg

Screenshot-231_zpsopxxbdla.jpg

Screenshot-233_zpsjhws9ssp.jpg

Screenshot-234_zpsjtqdode0.jpg

Screenshot-235_zpscsg2ermw.jpg

And how 'bout them overviews, just so you can see it all in one shot

Screenshot-270_zps1jdy8cwb.jpg

Screenshot-269_zpsesvyppyg.jpg

Welp, that's all folks. I sincerely hope you enjoy this property as much as I enjoyed creating it!

• Options
    edited June 2016
    @Catdog123 - I just want to say what an absolute pleasure it was to be your buddy and create for you. I really hope that you enjoy these gifts and have lots of fun in game! SIM ON darlin' SIM ON!

Now, I'd like one thing from you, if you please!

Could you please list any items that you're missing from the above gifts? I'd like to make sure everything is complete!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
  • Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Oooh loving the sneak peak that looks beautiful, cant wait to see the rest of it. I don't think we have met either I haven't been very active outside of the store forums and these gift exchanges the last 3 or 4 of them. :) Glad you are back from you trip, were you able to get some rest to recover?
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    @Ari -- can we call you Ari?!?? WOW!! For a night shot, that looks .... WOW. I, too, can't wait to see the rest.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Looks gorgeous, can't wait to see more!
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Yet another very promising sneak peek! I love sneak peeks :smiley:
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments my lovelies! You may also see some more little snippets of the sneak peek in Bellamy Dixon's pics ;)

I'll be back x
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    @aricarai Bellamy is adorable! And you're right what great expressions she has! Don't you just love when they look straight at the camera? They know we're here lol :)
  • Options

Bellamy is an adorable sim! I really love her ears, purple eyes and nose. :) She is exactly the kind of sim I like to have in my game. I really like her outfits, you used a lot of my favorite clothing pieces. Like her dress for everyday wear along with the hair with that one and her athletics top. Speaking of her everyday wear I love the colors for that outfit and those shoes look great with that dress, have never paired them together before myself.

Those are great pictures of her. Some sims really sell the facial expressions and she sells them well. Really love the ones of her at the hotdog eating stand and the one with the disgusted look on her face.

Installing her right now to take a look in game. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    Oooo, cute genie gal! She's adorable! And I love the quirkiness. :smiley:
  • Options
    Bellamy sounds like a very quirky sim :) this one might get Borrowed o:)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Bellamy is cutely quirky/quirkily cute and so expressive... maybe it's those big beautiful amethyst-colored eyes that draw you to her face. She's perfect for CD who enjoys unique sims in his game.
  • Options
    I really like Holden's look and name, another unique sim and pope looks like a very cute dog. I like his style, he looks laid back and stylish at the same time. Also his sleepwear is one of my favorites to use in game. I really like his backstory the idea of an immortal vampire having to move around is a fun idea.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    Well hello there handsome vampire! I think my sim ladies are going to love you! *steals* Holden looks great...definitely a hunky sim! Definitely looks like you had a lot of fun making these sims!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Hello dahlings! I'm so glad that you're liking Bellamy and Holden - your comments give me warm fuzzies! :)

Stay tuned...I can't wait to come back with my final gift for @Catdog123 tomorrow!
  • Options
    I really like Holden's look and name, another unique sim and pope looks like a very cute dog. I like his style, he looks laid back and stylish at the same time. Also his sleepwear is one of my favorites to use in game. I really like his backstory the idea of an immortal vampire having to move around is a fun idea.

I'm super happy that you like him. It's been awhile since I played with vampires and I remember how fun they were. Would love to hear if Holden is destined for eternal nightlife or if he'll find the cure and settle down once and for all. ENJOY!
  • Options
    Ooo, more cute guys! Stealing these too!
  • Options
    Leo and Ellis look like a fun pair, I love the pose for their household picture on the exchange. Leo has one of my favorite hairstyles in the game. The screenshots really show off how they interact with other sims in game so am looking forward to seeing them after the exchange when I have time to play. They would be a fun pair to send to uni together. Loving all of the wonderful sims you have gifted me, cant wait to see what else is in store. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    There's many cute, single guys around this time lol! Next exchange everyone wants some girls to go with them ;)
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    Lots of wonderful simmies here! :)

Bellamy is so cute! And you have so many great pics of her :) She looks fun to play

Holden has such a fascinating backstory; great job!

And Leo and Ellis look like a fun pair; I agree with Catdog 123; it would be fun to send them off to uni :)

Rec'd!
  • Options
    Leo and Ellis look like a fun pair, I love the pose for their household picture on the exchange. Leo has one of my favorite hairstyles in the game. The screenshots really show off how they interact with other sims in game so am looking forward to seeing them after the exchange when I have time to play. They would be a fun pair to send to uni together. Loving all of the wonderful sims you have gifted me, cant wait to see what else is in store. :)

I'm super excited that you dig them. They were a lot of fun to make and I really wanted to play on them being complete opposites, but best friends. Can't wait to hear about their adventures at uni! Have fun!