Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Not So Happy Play Thread & Neutral , No Bashing just your thought's

Comments

• Options
    MSKyuuniMSKyuuni Posts: 62 Member
    Overall I'd say I'm reasonably happy with TS4. It's certainly good enough for me. My only experience with TS3 was on iOS so I guess I can't really say I got the full experience with that... Most of the issues I have with 4 have already been stated, but for starters I'd like to emphasise my issues with emotions vs traits. I have a Lazy sim, so in theory he shouldn't do any exercise autonomously. But should he get fired up by his Active roommate he'll be straight onto the sit-ups! And having recently installed Spa Day I figured it'd be a good idea to take that whole household on a day out to the spa. But the whole time the one and only thing any of them wanted to do was use the treadmills, despite none of them being Energised and only one out of three Active. I also have some slight objections to the fact that Foodies get Uncomfortable buffs from every single thing they drink that isn't tea or coffee. I wouldn't mind that if they weren't constantly getting water or juice only to get a full bladder and a bad moodlet. The one other thing I think is missing is the great sense of humour with TS1 and 2. A good number of people, myself included, get really tired of fart jokes etc really quickly, and there's a certain charm that just isn't there anymore. For instance, look at the main trailer and Beware Backfires trailer for Makin' Magic and compare to the style of humour in TS4. Obviously this isn't something that can be really changed within the game, or done at all when that isn't the developers' style but I feel like it is a layer of charm that's missing. In general I certainly wouldn't say TS4 is bad; it's pretty good in my opinion. But it really just feels like there's a number of small things absent that would push it past 'good' into 'great'.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    MSKyuuni wrote: »
    Overall I'd say I'm reasonably happy with TS4. It's certainly good enough for me. My only experience with TS3 was on iOS so I guess I can't really say I got the full experience with that... Most of the issues I have with 4 have already been stated, but for starters I'd like to emphasise my issues with emotions vs traits. I have a Lazy sim, so in theory he shouldn't do any exercise autonomously. But should he get fired up by his Active roommate he'll be straight onto the sit-ups! And having recently installed Spa Day I figured it'd be a good idea to take that whole household on a day out to the spa. But the whole time the one and only thing any of them wanted to do was use the treadmills, despite none of them being Energised and only one out of three Active. I also have some slight objections to the fact that Foodies get Uncomfortable buffs from every single thing they drink that isn't tea or coffee. I wouldn't mind that if they weren't constantly getting water or juice only to get a full bladder and a bad moodlet. The one other thing I think is missing is the great sense of humour with TS1 and 2. A good number of people, myself included, get really tired of fart jokes etc really quickly, and there's a certain charm that just isn't there anymore. For instance, look at the main trailer and Beware Backfires trailer for Makin' Magic and compare to the style of humour in TS4. Obviously this isn't something that can be really changed within the game, or done at all when that isn't the developers' style but I feel like it is a layer of charm that's missing. In general I certainly wouldn't say TS4 is bad; it's pretty good in my opinion. But it really just feels like there's a number of small things absent that would push it past 'good' into 'great'.

Thank you for sharing, much appreciated.
  • Options
    88Sorano8888Sorano88 Posts: 36 Member
    I kind of dont like how the invite to party thing works. In on of my familys the parents are divorced and the dad is sometimes inviting his children to come to dance clubs and bars... i ignore that but it would be nice if adults could not invite children to dance clubs : (
    The child club of my child sim also thought its a good idea to have a meeting at a night club.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    88Sorano88 wrote: »
    I kind of dont like how the invite to party thing works. In on of my familys the parents are divorced and the dad is sometimes inviting his children to come to dance clubs and bars... i ignore that but it would be nice if adults could not invite children to dance clubs : (
    The child club of my child sim also thought its a good idea to have a meeting at a night club.

This what I don't like the game does not treat kids like kids . But as mini adults , they should be curgfew . More items for them to enjoy, and bans for where they can't go.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    sawdust wrote: »
    We've never been able to do those things with babies have we? I thought that was only with toddlers.

It's been a long time since I've played Sims 3 babies, but I'm pretty sure we could put them in strollers and some kind of baby swing (from the Sims 3 store, I think).

Yes, you can put them in the baby swing from the Store, or there may be a cc swing out there too. You can even interact with them while they're in the swing as I recall. TS4 babies are like furniture. Creepy plastic furniture.

Thanks for confirming, @Stdlr9 . :smile: It's been awhile since I last played with the baby swings and strollers.

I had some babies in the past, and I could have sworn the babies did go into swings (and strollers), so it's good to know my memory is not that terrible, lol. :tongue:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    88Sorano88 wrote: »

Ya I am so not liking what they did to the Sim Kids, they need to have rules and guidance, not run a muck.
  • Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    I like the game play of the Sims 4, but the technical aspects of the game are downright shoddy. I spend half of my play time yelling at the screen because the pathing is just atrocious. Sims will run clear around the lot to interact with a sim that is standing right next to them. It drives me nuts. It doesn't help that many of the "features" they've added in the last few patches have made the game worse and not better. I won't take the time to list them, but really, who thought that having sims "get water" from the sink every three seconds was a good idea? We were already complaining about the constant, unnecessary trips to the fridge for drinks. How does escalating the annoyance make the game better? I don't understand developers I guess.
  • Options
    Yup I know how you feel, there is just some things that can not be tolerated, I am sorry that the Sims 4 game is really troubling you meubanks , I hope they do get the game fixed so change stuff for the better not worse.
  • Options
    I was upset the other day cause I had just updated My Sims 4 game on Origin for the new patch, only to find out that 2 things had happened to Me 1 was that the Items I was suppose to get did not show up , I had to call EA rep and such , but they only showed up after I had logged out and in a few more times, and 2 My Testing Cheats had stopped working as well, I was like really? , It seems to Me that every time they have a update from Origin that something bad happens, so it makes Me wonder if maybe we should be going through Origin at all, why not just go through the Sims 4 itself? to Me that would seem the way to go, and probably then there would be less problems, I am just glad that both My problems got fixed, but gee wiz, can not wait for all these updates to be over with especially since we still have to keep going through Origin.
  • Options
    Just when I think the Sims 4 can not upset Me any more then it already has been, I end up being mistaken yet again, I went into My Sims 4 game to do the Day of the Dead Challenge, only to find out that one of My own families has not 1 but 2 kids missing from the family, they were gone poof, the only items left was the kids stuff, and their Homework Books on the kitchen table, to let Me know that Yes there were kids in that home, So Why does EA & Maxis think that is okay for our Sims to just up and go poof, even after they were saved? , to Me it is just plain Bull, and I am so tired of it period, they need to fix the culling, cause it is ridiculous, what am I suppose to do have My Mom Sim have more kids so they can act like the first 2 did not exist, or feel like it just does not matter? again that is just insane to Me, I am not even going to bother to look at all My other families, cause I am afraid to get even more upset that My other Families have members gone as well, that would just peeve Me off to no end, so I guess I won't be going back into My Sims 4 game until EA and Maxis does fix the culling, so I guess I will be missing a lot of challenges and such in the years to come, until culling is fixed properly for relationships and Sims themselves Not going poof on us.
  • Options
    My next concern for the Sims 4, is if they will ever add in the stuff I want for My type of game play, or are they just stringing Me along for the ride? making Me think they are going to add in stuff but really are not just like what they did with the Toddler situation , I mean really they do not seem to be at all concerned bout how people feel bout certain items and life states, it seems to Me like they are ignoring how some of us feel bout not having items and life states in our game, they have claimed that the Sims 4 game is for Everyone! when in fact that is just not the case period, cause if the game was for Everyone, then My Type of game play would be there and I would not have to keep asking for it, that is how I feel bout it, now back to My other Sim games to do My challenges, waves.
  • Options
    Okay I am so not happy because I found out that the Sims 4 City Living is not what it is cracked up to be, many are saying it is no good, so now I am not sure if I want to buy this pack now, and also I have not been able to log on the internet for over a week cause My Modem died, waiting for the new one to arrive from My provider, borrowed another so I could check My mail ect.
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    edited October 2016
    The only thing that urks me at the time is how the sims act.

Gave up on "Get to work" ever getting fixed.

You are having a PRIVATE moment talking to your lover, your bro's, anyone and some stranger bozo npc come up and joins the conversation.

Someone you don't know leaves the map and you have to say goodbye.
    So after 10 goodbye to people you don't know leaving the map, you get to talk to your friend.
    this is as bad as the passersby door stalker at the start of the game.

Sims are way to intrusive and friendly.

They now like to stalk you to the bathroom, no one is using your Stall and lord and behold, as soon as you go in, some stalker has to go into yours before choosing another.

you task your sim to do something and some npc chooses to talk to you, your sim will stop your gameplay just to talk to this bozo npc.

The phone rings off the hook, wish I could turn it off or get rid of it, turning of the ringer does not stop the texts.

when you switch your households,
    your sims don't know your family or spouse and forget all your work and game play to have put into them?
    culled

A class on proper social behaviors?
    It's like they are trying to destroy the game or just don't get it.

P.S.
    world is plain and boring, sure you can do some things in the world, but most of it is just a backdrop.
    The world need to be more alive, like in "City living".
    The pigeons are alive, its a small thing, but it make the world more real.
    Makes it feel like a game and not a app game.

Sims 3 your kids waited for the buss and it gave you the effect of going to school. If you didn't take the buss you walked with a friend to school talking = alive
    season, it changed the environment and the world look different, raking leaves, snow, rain.ect = alive
    family's could do more together and it felt alive

This one feel's like a virt. dating app.

Post edited by uryga on
  • Options
    OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    I think the game shouldn't be eat, sleep, shower, go pee, do something for 1 hour, and repeat.
  • Options
    Thank you all for sharing your thoughts, it is much appreciated, I hope things that bother you get fixed in the game, and I hope you all have a better day or night, Happy Simming to ya no matter which games in the franchise you play. :)
  • Options
    Okay I am not happy today because I tried to find the Disc Version of the Sims 4 City Living in My area, only to be told by Game stop, Walmart, & EA Rep, that only the digital one is in My area in USA, which only makes me say How LAME! , anyway I ended up Pre-ordering the Digital version today instead of buy the empty box at the store, cause looking at the empty box would only upset Me even more if I kept looking at it, so that is why I Pre-ordered the digital today. :(
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Okay I am not happy today because I tried to find the Disc Version of the Sims 4 City Living in My area, only to be told by Game stop, Walmart, & EA Rep, that only the digital one is in My area in USA, which only makes me say How LAME! , anyway I ended up Pre-ordering the Digital version today instead of buy the empty box at the store, cause looking at the empty box would only upset Me even more if I kept looking at it, so that is why I Pre-ordered the digital today. :(

It's the way I felt when I got GT. I opened the case and instead of a shiny disc there was a piece of paper with a code. It seemed so sad and empty.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

It's the way I felt when I got GT. I opened the case and instead of a shiny disc there was a piece of paper with a code. It seemed so sad and empty.

Yup I got that one as well, and I was like What in the world is going on, I even went as far as bring it back to the store and demand to know why I bought a game with no CD in it, then they told Me it was suppose to be only game code, I was so mad, they are lucky I did not throw it at them, instead I brought it back home , :)
  • Options
    Okay now I am bummed out, Sure I got the City Living in Pre-Order, only to find out if it was not for Bad luck I would not have any at all, because I can not download My City Living game, because My Laptop decided to mess up on me and show the Dreaded Blue Screen, so now I have to get My Laptop fixed before I can even add City Living in, what a month I am having, :(.
  • Options
    Update, = I am still unable to download My Pre-Ordered City Living cause My computer is still not working right, been trying to get it fixed, so until then, I hope everyone who can play it is having fun, Hope to be able to download and play it soon, waves.
  • Options
    I can not believe it, I am not sure what to think bout the new City Living, I have mixed feelings about it, Yes it has more stuff to do and such, but I am afraid to even play any of My New sims I added into the City, due to the fact that the ones I am not playing will get messed up on me due to the culling bull, I am also starting to get bored with it, which really should not be happening yet, and I did not even get far at all in the void critter part of game, cause I had to give up on it cause some of My Sim kids I was using for those, can not even find any , did they take those out and stop the kids from finding those in the trash cans? , I wonder cause every time My Sim kids try to look the cans say already searched and they did not, it just upsets me that they add in other stuff, but then stuff already in game gets messed up, just frustrating to me.
  • Options
    lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    I gave up on sims 4 months ago... Even though it's old I'm enjoying 2!!!!
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • Options
    lisamtown wrote: »
    I gave up on sims 4 months ago... Even though it's old I'm enjoying 2!!!!

Yup I went back to 2 and 3 as well, I have been playing 4 but I last for like 20 mins then I am bored with it again, I had to re-install My Sims 2 UC, and been adding in My CC for that game, cause I can not even use CC in Sims 4 anymore , game just frustrates Me cause they still haven't added much of anything for Gothic nor Supernatural nor Pets, Cars, ect, :(
  • Options
    gamingstylistgamingstylist Posts: 115 Member
    After getting City Living it seems like some more bugs came back like the staring into nothing before doing something bug or trying to cancel something and the sim is still doing it for about an hour in game even though you cancelled the action already. I really like the game it just has some annoyances with it, like I wish they would fix the calls or at least give us a timer to accept it by. I really don't like that its an immediate you go there if you accept something that says lets meet for this at 9 pm when its only 6am when you get the call or your sim just finishes work and someone calls and wants to do something and you smell horrible and you're starving, why can't it just be added to the queue so you can choose to eat and bathe before you're whisked off to an event. Then with each passing pack and expansions I want more job options , like I want one of my sims to be a teacher without a mod, or during the spa pack they missed it where your sim could work from home or have a portable spa that you could use to make money or at least just have a spa career... then with Dining out they missed it where the owner can be any position (maybe I want to re-enact an episode of Kitchen Nightmares) or just a family run restaurant where each family member has their own job in the restaurant. Also more hobbies would be nice with City Living I would've loved to have a sewing skill and a fashion designer career because that seems so fitting for the city.
  • Options
    A lot of things should of already been added into the Sims 4, I am facing the fact that they just do not give a flying flip as to what I want for My game type of play, so I am beginning to think that why bother to buy anything more, So I just might be not going to bother to buy anything more after the 1st of the year for this game, I think waiting over 2 yrs for something to use in My type of game play is long enough wait, I am done waiting.