Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Not So Happy Play Thread & Neutral , No Bashing just your thought's

Comments

• Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Baenre wrote: »
    I understand but we don't know what experiences they've had that causes them to feel the way they do. Negativity can be subjective and sometimes it's how we take it or interpret it that can be more of a problem than what the person is saying, no matter how unpopular or inconvenient their opinion is.

Yes you are so right, I should except that they are doing that cause something in their life is making them so miserable, but sometimes it just gets to Me that they do that every single day, it makes Me wonder if they ever go out and look for happiness at all or not, I just hope they do find their happiness someday, :)
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    I can not believe that a few people in the Forums are complaining that they do not want Toddler's in their game after We just got them in a Free patch no less , Why I ask? , they could not even give all who have wanted them one full day without being Negative? wow I say just wow, I am so happy for Everyone who did want them, I am more for Gothic type play, but I plan on making a few Vampire Babies, oh ya, I know that there will always be Negative people in the forums no matter what, but gee wiz, it gets so annoying some times, and makes Me just shut off the forums for a few days, that way I can get my mind set back to happiness.
    P.S. No this is not about anyone on this thread, I am talking bout those who are constantly Negative like every single day, and it seems nothing that EA or Maxis & even the Guru's do will please them, again it is just annoying to me, that they do nothing but be Negative, okay I am going back to My happy place in My game to have fun, :)

I don't get it either . I mean you ca just aged them up with a cake
  • Options
    BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    Indeed that issue is easily resolved with cake (I wish all things were resolved with cake j/k). But it's really a non-issue that toddlers are a problem for them. I insta-grow my babies all the time to children, sometimes to teens. It depends. Toddlers is just one more button to push.
  • Options
    Baenre wrote: »
    Indeed that issue is easily resolved with cake (I wish all things were resolved with cake j/k). But it's really a non-issue that toddlers are a problem for them. I insta-grow my babies all the time to children, sometimes to teens. It depends. Toddlers is just one more button to push.

I know right! , that is why I get so frustrated sometimes with others complaining all the time, :)
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Sims 4 didn't interest me as much until clubs and Get Together came. That really made community lots feel alive, and all the new objects were nice, because before that sims basically could only talk. Movie Hangout stuff came out, it was great for a bit of family play, and by Dine Out, I start d to enjoy this installment more than the sims 3. Now with toddlers, and hints of seasons I have lots of hope for the games future.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    Sims 4 didn't interest me as much until clubs and Get Together came. That really made community lots feel alive, and all the new objects were nice, because before that sims basically could only talk. Movie Hangout stuff came out, it was great for a bit of family play, and by Dine Out, I start d to enjoy this installment more than the sims 3. Now with toddlers, and hints of seasons I have lots of hope for the games future.

I am glad you are enjoying your game, thanks for sharing, :)
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    Okay, suddenly I have an urge to share what's been bothering me about The Sims 4...I love the toddlers. They are low maintenance, have multiple interactions, I love it when they throw tantrums (cute when they yell to the air!), and are so darn adorable! However, behind the rugrats is the Sims 4. I still play with the base game and don't care to buy any packs-which is a first since I always buy packs for my sim games. Yesterday, I literally was on the verge of tears because of the frustrating bugs and other problems with the game. It takes my sims a while to do an interaction once it's cued up, and I was urging my sim to take one of her toddlers to the birthday cake to age her up. Turned out the cake was on a corner of the table and could not be used to celebrate her birthday until I placed the cake in the center.

I really want to enjoy this game; especially, since toddlers bring life to it. But it still has a few annoyances that need to be ironed out. It's more so a daily list of chores (...that contains a list of things to do in order to achieve certain things *yawn*) than an actual game. I don't know. I might give it another shot tomorrow.

Today, I went back to the Sims 2 and I couldn't stop playing. My medieval sim finally got a wife! Yay future babies!!!
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    PandaORose wrote: »
    Okay, suddenly I have an urge to share what's been bothering me about The Sims 4...I love the toddlers. They are low maintenance, have multiple interactions, I love it when they throw tantrums (cute when they yell to the air!), and are so darn adorable! However, behind the rugrats is the Sims 4. I still play with the base game and don't care to buy any packs-which is a first since I always buy packs for my sim games. Yesterday, I literally was on the verge of tears because of the frustrating bugs and other problems with the game. It takes my sims a while to do an interaction once it's cued up, and I was urging my sim to take one of her toddlers to the birthday cake to age her up. Turned out the cake was on a corner of the table and could not be used to celebrate her birthday until I placed the cake in the center.

I really want to enjoy this game; especially, since toddlers bring life to it. But it still has a few annoyances that need to be ironed out. It's more so a daily list of chores (...that contains a list of things to do in order to achieve certain things *yawn*) than an actual game. I don't know. I might give it another shot tomorrow.

Today, I went back to the Sims 2 and I couldn't stop playing. My medieval sim finally got a wife! Yay future babies!!!

I am sorry to hear you are having problems in your game, I am also happy that you are enjoying your other Sims game, I hope everything works out for you , thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    Well Since the toddlers and the Vampires have come out I have been a lil bit more happier with the Sims 4, but I am still waiting to see if My other Favorite Gothic type chars will be making a come back, only time will tell, and It seems that Werewolves will be Next, I so hope they are, cause those are also My faves, here is to hoping anyway.
  • Options
    Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    Why no cars ea? At least bicycles. Skateboards. Some form of transportation. And why no CAW? Smh
  • Options
    Why no cars ea? At least bicycles. Skateboards. Some form of transportation. And why no CAW? Smh

I know aye, I want My Harley Davidson Motorcycle back, even Scooter's would be nice, :)
  • Options
    I have doubts bout this so called Bowling pack, I have seen 2 reviews so far, one bad and one good, I am not sure if I want to buy this pack or not, But I guess I should get it and see for Myself just what it is all bout, I hope that they actually put in more stuff then what was shown, cause I was not to thrilled with what I saw as far as hair and clothes, but I can always hope that they add in more stuff for the next pack to come after the bowling one I guess.
  • Options
    I got the bowling pack and tried it out, it was okay I guess, but now I am so over it, as for the next packs a GP and a SP coming out, I am so not sure what to think, only one thing I will say is, I wanted My PETS!! , and they better show up sometime soon, cause I am out of patience , since I have been one of the players who had to wait over 2 yrs to get anything that I use for My play style, I refuse to wait 2 more yrs, for anything else I use in My Sim games, :(
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I am a little disappointed with the Sims 4 as of late, cause it has been weeks since we got the bowling pack, and no word what so ever bout anything else that is to come, only talk bout the so called Eco Pack that is not even coming out until 2018 , So I feel like they are dropping the ball on any other packs that should be coming out, cause we are at the end of April, got May just around the corner then June & July, I hope something is said bout those months soon, cause I am tired of seeing nothing but Eco Living stuff in the forums. that is how I feel bout it.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I am a little disappointed with the Sims 4 as of late, cause it has been weeks since we got the bowling pack, and no word what so ever bout anything else that is to come, only talk bout the so called Eco Pack that is not even coming out until 2018 , So I feel like they are dropping the ball on any other packs that should be coming out, cause we are at the end of April, got May just around the corner then June & July, I hope something is said bout those months soon, cause I am tired of seeing nothing but Eco Living stuff in the forums. that is how I feel bout it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member

I don't ever remember this constant need for pumping out of new content in previous iterations. Why is that?

Or is just me that notices how Simmers cry out for new content only days, weeks after something new comes out?
  • Options
    I do not Cry out period, I saw the teaser recently, but it has been a very long time since anything more was said bout what is to come, I do not believe there is a problem with Me trying to find out what is going on, it seems to Me that they have dropped the Ball on the other packs, and seem to only be concentrating on the Eco Living Pack which does not even come out until 2018, I am wanting News about what is coming out now or soon, not next year, I am glad that they have invited everyone to participate with that stuff pack, but since that has started that is mostly all I ever see anymore in the forums is all bout the eco Pack, that thread has so many other threads in it , it is just ridiculous, I try to go in there and can not find anything that I am looking for, they should of separated it some how, cause it is just to over whelming, that is how I feel bout it.
  • Options
    I do not Cry out period, I saw the teaser recently, but it has been a very long time since anything more was said bout what is to come, I do not believe there is a problem with Me trying to find out what is going on, it seems to Me that they have dropped the Ball on the other packs, and seem to only be concentrating on the Eco Living Pack which does not even come out until 2018, I am wanting News about what is coming out now or soon, not next year, I am glad that they have invited everyone to participate with that stuff pack, but since that has started that is mostly all I ever see anymore in the forums is all bout the eco Pack, that thread has so many other threads in it , it is just ridiculous, I try to go in there and can not find anything that I am looking for, they should of separated it some how, cause it is just to over whelming, that is how I feel bout it.

I knew I should have been more clear as it wasn't meant to get your back up or anyone else's. I wasn't trying to be negative so there's no need to be defensive.

It was a genuine question as I sincerely do not remember Simmers in previous iterations asking what was coming next so soon after content release. From what I remember Simmers just played until there was an announcement for what was next and then they went back to playing their game until PEPS set in and the excitement got too much.

I don't see that happening all that much with this iteration and that seems to me a problem.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    aricarai wrote: »

I knew I should have been more clear as it wasn't meant to get your back up or anyone else's. I wasn't trying to be negative so there's no need to be defensive.

It was a genuine question as I sincerely do not remember Simmers in previous iterations asking what was coming next so soon after content release. From what I remember Simmers just played until there was an announcement for what was next and then they went back to playing their game until PEPS set in and the excitement got too much.

I don't see that happening all that much with this iteration and that seems to me a problem.

In TS3 at least, you knew every 3 months meant a new stuff pack, and every 6 months meant a new expansion. It made sense, because that's typically how long each expansion would keep you engaged in the game, and these frequent releases would ensure you couldn't put TS3 down.

Instead, EA has changed all of that, and now takes an extremely long time to push out expansions, and barely gives us any information other than within the quarter itself through tiny snippets in a YouTube video. It certainly doesn't keep me engaged in The Sims 4. It also doesn't help that these expansions which they take longer to develop than in TS3 are by no means any better than the expansions we used to get. In fact, I still consider TS4: Get to Work as the worst expansion in the franchise's history. The other two expansions simply haven't impressed me at all, and in many ways, feel like uninspired copies of what I already had in the past games.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

In TS3 at least, you knew every 3 months meant a new stuff pack, and every 6 months meant a new expansion. It made sense, because that's typically how long each expansion would keep you engaged in the game, and these frequent releases would ensure you couldn't put TS3 down.

Instead, EA has changed all of that, and now takes an extremely long time to push out expansions, and barely gives us any information other than within the quarter itself through tiny snippets in a YouTube video. It certainly doesn't keep me engaged in The Sims 4. It also doesn't help that these expansions which they take longer to develop than in TS3 are by no means any better than the expansions we used to get. In fact, I still consider TS4: Get to Work as the worst expansion in the franchise's history. The other two expansions simply haven't impressed me at all, and in many ways, feel like uninspired copies of what I already had in the past games.
    That, but speaking for myself (I realize others have different experiences), I never was aching for a new expansion (certainly not when they started to fire EP's like a machine gun at one point). I bought it, installed it, tested it for a bit and then went on with my game/story untill there was room for the new features to use.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

That, but speaking for myself (I realize others have different experiences), I never was aching for a new expansion (certainly not when they started to fire EP's like a machine gun at one point). I bought it, installed it, tested it for a bit and then went on with my game/story untill there was room for the new features to use.

This and still 8 years on, I've not explored or used everything TS3 has to offer - EPs, SPs, and store content. Like @JoAnne65, I bought it all, maybe bought some for others to enjoy too, installed and if I got to it, awesome and if not, I was content to use what I had.

I don't get why they deviated from that schedule like @Sk8rblaze pointed out. I was excited and I knew when things were going to be released, there was no guessing game as to when and there were always the livestreams to look forward to. This dangling of carrots and snippets seems a bit odd to me. The Sims 3 may have been a cash cow and expensive but I'd gladly buy it all again for everything that was given and how it was given.
  • Options

Yup it is a Huge Problem, since I am a Gothic type player and I have to wait what every 2 years for something gothic to come out? , there is just no fun in that for Me, I am happy for those who are getting the stuff they want, But waiting every 2 yrs to get something for Me is just Ridiculous, that is how I feel bout it anyway, that is why I have gone back to playing My sims 1,2,3 among others to pass the time , cause Sims 4 got Boring for Me, even with Vampires.
  • Options
    I am beginning to wonder if the Sims 4 is all over for Me, due to the fact that I am a Gothic type player, and have not gotten to much Gothic stuff at all for this game like the ones before it, I am hoping for more stuff that I can use for My game play, but I have been gone for months with hardly no word of what is coming next in the future months to come, I keep checking back since I have not played My game in a very long time due to lack of content I use only to see that still nothing is being mentioned as to what is next, I am starting to worry that the Sims 4 seems to be slowing down way to much and that it will end before anything else I use for My game play is even out, I do not know if I should just keep checking back, or give up all together, only time will tell I guess, all I see is Rumors of what is to come, not the real facts of what is really coming out, it just makes Me wonder if the rest of the Sims 4 will be even worth getting for Me.
  • Options
    I am beginning to wonder if the Sims 4 is all over for Me, due to the fact that I am a Gothic type player, and have not gotten to much Gothic stuff at all for this game like the ones before it, I am hoping for more stuff that I can use for My game play, but I have been gone for months with hardly no word of what is coming next in the future months to come, I keep checking back since I have not played My game in a very long time due to lack of content I use only to see that still nothing is being mentioned as to what is next, I am starting to worry that the Sims 4 seems to be slowing down way to much and that it will end before anything else I use for My game play is even out, I do not know if I should just keep checking back, or give up all together, only time will tell I guess, all I see is Rumors of what is to come, not the real facts of what is really coming out, it just makes Me wonder if the rest of the Sims 4 will be even worth getting for Me.

I understand what you mean. I recently bought a gaming computer with the intent of getting back into TS3. I hadn't played any Sims in a long while because of my disappointment in TS4. It's amazing how much I'd forgotten. I had missed CASt more than I thought and the open worlds are so great. I'm going so slow because I'm realizing now I can make terraced landscapes, waterfalls, add fog, make a slum and so much more.

I am happy to see that you are enjoying your game, I am glad that you can still do things in it that you like, I on the other hand have to still wait, I just hope it does not take yrs like it did before Vampires came out, have a great day, and thanks for your thoughts, :)