Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has your feelings for the sims 4 changed over time?

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,553 Member
    nope still love the sims4 and looking forward to dine out and the kids sp
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    The emotions themselves arent that bad... the problem is you never see anything other that happy sims cus negative emotions are soo easily overridden by basically anything good... "oh my husband died a few seconds ago... but hey i live in a nice house so im still happy 100% of the time"

What game are you playing? Cause mine's not near like that. XD

I loved TS4 when it came out. And now I love it even more - Those Game Packs are amazeballs. The EPs feel like they could use more work to get to GP standard, but are still very nice. And I like every stuff pack. Honestly the more stuff my Sims can have the better. I like the variety tbh, no matter the "theme" (this goes for all Sims iterations).
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Yes. I was excited about it. The Sims looked great in CAS and while I didn't understand the game play on emotions, I expected it to be good.

Then with information before release I lost some hope. Pictures and reports from players after release solidified my disappointment in it.

Buying it because "You don't have any right to an opinion if you never played it!" group made me doubt myself... and gave me a tiny bit of hope that they might be right.

Played if for awhile and knew I was right. I don't like the graphic quality, the low detail, the goofy and consistent smiling, and random mood changing.. and more. That I could care less if the whole world loved the game, it's not fun to me.

So yes, it has changed from High Excitement to basically head shaking disappointment.
  • Options
    HYSterlingHYSterling Posts: 247 Member
    At first I didn't like the game (due to my extremely high expectations, lack of toddlers, horrible genetics system), but over time, I've learned to take things as they are and have enjoyed the game since!
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Yes it gone worse (it was already pretty bad) to points of giving up the game, not playing, not caring, not visiting the forum, not being fooled by EA again, so yes. NEVER ever in my lifetime of simming i felt like this. Great job EA ;)
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    My feelings haven't really changed much since I'm still bored of it even with the 2 game packs and expansion packs. I bought the packs to help improve the game but they're too repetitive. I'm starting to wonder if the restaurants will be the same way or some unpredictable stuff will actually happen. I like CAS the most and it shouldn't be like that with the full game.
  • Options
    buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    for me it was a drop. at first i was so hyped to try it with all those new CAS features and with sims looking better than ever. then, when i actually got to play the game, after a few months i stared to see bugs. i joined the forum and investigated if they were minor or major. unfortunately most of them are major, and some of them even 'by-design'. we pay a lot for this game and i expect it runs smoothly, or every major bug is fixed immediately. unfortunately some of them are present since the release. it really makes me mad as i worked for IT and the common sens was that if something gets escalated, this should be a top priority to fix it. despite all those bug i do enjoy the game. now i found out about varous challenges the gameplay is even more interesting.
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • Options
    dawsom18dawsom18 Posts: 50 Member
    What I really like about Sims 4 is that I like the new emotions and I think its great that they don't have reputations anymore in sims 3 for example, when playing the 100 baby challenge it was quite hard to build up relationships if you have a bad reputation.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I would say it has changed my feelings towards the sims 4, I think I should have given it chance before complaining about even when it wasn't released. Now I will learn that lesson for the next upcoming new sims base games in the future.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,539 Member
    edited May 2016
    Yeah all over the place.
    I disliked it from the start when I read that open neighborhoods, CASt, and toddlers, were not in it, and saw it had an art style more cartoonish and child-like than The Sims 2.

But I got it anyway to try it out for myself. I can usually find fun in just about anything.
    I really like the new sims, especially after slopping on the CC. There were a lot of nice new features and build mode supported my way of building homes based off themes and many house versions of the themes. Although I don't care for the cartoonish art style, it does come off richer despite simple meshes and less detailed textures. Just turn up the color saturation, toss in more trees and bushes and arrange them nicely, give the game a nice resolution quality, and then blur out the background. Viola! A nice looking game. I would rather have more detailed meshes and textures, but the game doesn't look horrible.

But, after playing I found I did not like playing without toddlers. I did not like these old looking teens. I did not like how linear the game play was.
    I did not like all the stuff that was missing that I felt a base game should have. So I stopped playing and went back to TS3.

Then Maxis started adding stuff and fixes with patches, served up Outdoor Retreat, Get To Work, Spa Day, and Get Together. This got me playing the game and I did enjoy it for a while, but I eventually hit the No Toddler wall again. I really like my sims and I am ready for them to start marrying and having children, but I refuse to play with these huge leaps between life stages. I can't stand it. So I am not playing my sims. I made a copy of their save to try out a reality show feature all my favorite sims, but I am not really into it. I am back to TS3 and basically waiting to see what happens with Generations.

And restaurants and anything else is not enough to get me playing again.
    I would rather wait and enjoy them later when my sims are raising their families. I don't want to waste these cools sims on the game as it is now.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    At first I was very angry. I had been so excited when TS4 was announced only to have all that swept away with the knowledge there would be no open worlds or CASt. Not good news for a TS3 fan who loves building. Then I got the game and tried it. I quickly got bored and annoyed by the endless mood swings and directed play. Sadly I had to conclude this iteration is not for me. I remain interested enough to see what EA are doing with the game and am genuinely pleased some players are getting things they want for the game. It will never be enough to tempt me to try playing again though. A long illness has taught me that some things are not worth worrying over and I have developed other interests. I may not be back for TS5 but I will always have a soft spot for this franchise.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,703 Member
    I have loved Sims4 from the beginning, also. I do get a tad bored from time to time, but I blame that more on me, than the game itself. I've managed to play pretty much the same as I did Sims2 & 3, despite the glaring absence of a certain life-stage, but I do have hope it shall be remedied (hopefully, sooner rather than later) and every time a new SP, GP or EP is announced, I find myself getting enthused all over again.

I think I'm just too rigid in playing my Legacy Challenge family exclusively. If I allot more time to some of my other saves, this may ease things for me. But, I do love the game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,354 Member
    I was one of the few who liked what I saw in the promotions, especially the lifestreams and videos from the gamers camp. Over time I managed to get rid of several annoyances with mods and I ignore patchs for 5 months by now, a decision that helped preserve my sanity a lot.
    When I think about my feelings towards the game I remember several spikes both upwards (swimming pools, Get together) and downwards (the wide jaws small eyes glitch, the memory system overhaul), but no trend towards liking it less or more in general.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I was one of the few who liked what I saw in the promotions, especially the lifestreams and videos from the gamers camp. Over time I managed to get rid of several annoyances with mods and I ignore patchs for 5 months by now, a decision that helped preserve my sanity a lot.
    When I think about my feelings towards the game I remember several spikes both upwards (swimming pools, Get together) and downwards (the wide jaws small eyes glitch, the memory system overhaul), but no trend towards liking it less or more in general.

This is pretty much me, but without the patch-ignoring and without much in the way of mods at first. Upward spikes for pools and basements and disguised Aliens and Spa Day and Get Together, downward spikes for anything that makes rotational play harder than it was at launch (relationship culling, relationship creation for played Sims, those months where played Sims were being given jobs... though during that months I started what turned out to be one of my favorite saves, so what was a spike down turned into a spike up as I discovered parts of gameplay I might not have otherwise.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I really enjoyed the game at first, but my feelings have changed toward it. Patches kept ruining things for me and none of the packs have really brought anything noteworthy to the table for me. Get to Work was too task oriented and the group thing wore off fast with Get Together. I still felt like I was playing the exact same game that was released with nothing more than a few new perks here and there. Home life on the home lot was too boring with nothing to really do. I don't feel like there is anything they can add to draw me back in at this point. I have a feeling Restaurants aren't going to be all they're cracked up to be, given the trend of all the other packs. It will be fun for a while, maybe, but then I'll be right back to being incredibly bored with my sims because there is essentially nothing to do.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited May 2016
    When I first opened the game I was really quite disappointed to find so many things that I love about the Sims missing but I have given it a go in the hope that it might grow on me. Unfortunately, while some aspects of the game really do appeal to me, the childish gameplay irritates me constantly. As does the hugging, the group chats, the useless staff in Get to Work retail, the silly grins, the blowing of kisses, the dropping of actions in the queue for no good reason, the lack of colour options, the lack of objects (plus the lack of colour options making the objects even more limited), ................. I have an endless list of irritations about this game.

On the other hand, there is something that draws me to opening the game on the odd occasion. I'm certainly not addicted to it like I was Sims 3, probably because I can't play the game the way I would like to. In Sims 3 the player could pretty much create any scenario they could imagine and this just isn't possible in Sims 4. It's so scripted with so many limitations that I find it impossible to immerse myself in the gameplay. You can't create stories and places to match those stories; you can't let your imagination loose in this game and that's what really spoils it for me.

I personally can't see the game ever allowing the players' imaginations to go where they will so for me, at least, my disappointment still runs high and I don't see me ever saying, hey, Sims 4 is a great game because it's not. It could have been great; it should have been great, but it isn't. So while I can say there are some major improvements to the game overall, it's just not cutting it because of the limitations which have been imposed upon the player. They're just too great.
  • Options
    SimulanceSimulance Posts: 313 Member
    Multiple times.

Before it released I was really annoyed with what we had heard about it and wanted to hate it/not buy it. Within a week of its release I loved it and said it was the best Sims game yet. A couple of months after I started missing TS3 and my love for the game was wavering, Get Together annoyed me greatly and I questioned the direction this game was taking. I took a long break from playing any Sims game (nearly a year) and just checked up on news. I've just back into playing again, and now I'm playing TS3 and 4 simultaneously and have come to a happy place in my mind regarding both games. I love them both for many different reasons, I adore playing both of them yet there are things that annoy me in both of them, so I've learned to stop comparing them and just enjoy them. :smiley:
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited May 2016
    For me the feeling goes up and it goes down, Sims 4 will never hit that sweet spot for me as the previous versions did, it carries a lot of negative baggage but it does it good moments. I am liking the new GP that is coming out but it still does not make up for the essential features this game needs.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited May 2016
    I am probably so bored today that I ended up coming to this forum after so many months :D .

"Have my feeling for TS4 changed overtime ?"

NOPE. I still don't like it. I still don't have any plan to buy it. However TS4 somehow changed my life.

I am so disappointed with TS4, so upset that I decided to venture and play another games. There I met and made new friends. I learnt to play another games that I have never thought I would play it before.

I think I should thank TS4 for that (I am sincere). If it was the game that I expected and wanted, I would be stuck playing it by now :D

Anyway, have fun for the people who like/love it.
  • Options
    NICO4NICO4 Posts: 2,260 Member
    I honestly hated The Sims 4 when it had first been released. But recently I've caught the simming bug and gave it another chance for a few months now and it's safe to say I'm completely hooked.

I've played The Sims series since The Sims 2 and it's noticeable the game lacks a lot of features The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 had, but you all already know that. ;)

Hopefully with time we'll see some of previous features return.
  • Options
    WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    Yes, my feelings toward the sims 4 have changed. For the worse. The more time pass, the more I find the game a disappointmant. Because basically nothing have been made to improve the game, or at least give a clear demonstration that the players (expecially family players, and builders) have been considered.
    If at first I was disappointed and irritated, now I'm definitely angry at EA/Maxis. I don't see good will, I don't see any kind of interest toward the gamers.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited May 2016
    Actually my feelings have changed a little. In the beginning, I was shocked and outraged ( and very vocal about it ) that they should try to palm this rehashed, cutdown remnant of some horrid mmo that no one ever seemed to ask for, off as a true Sims title and AAA game.

Now, I really don't feel much more than some kind of sad, apathetic amusement when I look at what's happening to it.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,972 Member
    My feelings for the game haven't changed. Still having fun and excited about what's coming next. :)
  • Options
    emtheelfemtheelf Posts: 49 Member
    I found the game okay on release and bearable to play with mods. The pluses I found with the game (house building and character design) have remained positives but I haven't found much else to connect with. Unlike most people, none of the paid content has made me feel great. In many ways the game packs have enriched me more than the EPs, neither of which I really use now. It just isn't how I like to play. In many ways, I'm growing to dislike it more as more time elapses with nothing drawing me in. Dine Out doesn't look set to interest me either and I doubt I'll use it. I don't buy stuff packs since I refuse to pay to add content to a game that was so expensive but so bare at launch. Perhaps I'm just being extra demanding but I tend to go back to Sims 3 a lot. It's the only way I can continue to play the game I like - though I build etc. in Sims 4 a lot.
    Forever in love with the Sims 2 :)
  • Options
    Rns91294Rns91294 Posts: 51 Member
    I only started playing in December 2015, but have liked it from the start. Only played sims 3 console version though. So 4 on the PC is a huge improvement for me. I almost bought 3 instead, but decided I like the thrill of waiting for new content to release rather than have it all out there at once for me. So I like it, but will stay interested waiting for new content as well.