Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has your feelings for the sims 4 changed over time?

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I still love it, However I'm getting tired of waiting for Seasons and Supernatural entities and other things.
    Maybe I should have waited for those to buy the game but I really wanted to play from Launch for once.

Oh well I'm sure once they actually release something I've been looking for I'll be good to play again.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I still love it, However I'm getting tired of waiting for Seasons and Supernatural entities and other things.
    Maybe I should have waited for those to buy the game but I really wanted to play from Launch for once.

Oh well I'm sure once they actually release something I've been looking for I'll be good to play again.

I should've mentioned it too, but I really need supernatural life states in the game. For me my play style is both family and fantasy. With the sims 3 I had a family of witches with a couple of cats. I would love to be able to recreate that in ts4.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2016
    pamy1124 wrote: »

I should've mentioned it too, but I really need supernatural life states in the game. For me my play style is both family and fantasy. With the sims 3 I had a family of witches with a couple of cats. I would love to be able to recreate that in ts4.

Exactly Magic is a core to my play style. Like toddlers are to many, Sorcerers and Werewolves are my priority.

and for me Supernaturals is part of my family play. it's one way for the Family to bond.
    I can't wait. the family I have is a powerful Sorceress married a Human.
    their day jobs, She use to be an Entertainer (a Musician/Singer), and He is a Detective, then he really started making money. and she became a full time mother.
    they're going to have two kids, a Daughter and a Son both Sorcerers.
    and I just can't wait to See them both raising their powerful kids, especially the dad.
    it's going to be a fun ride.
    and the mother's Parents can help, I'm thinking the Grandfather will take his grandson, and mentor him, and the Grandmother will mentor the granddaughter.

And with my werewolf family, It's sort of a "Beauty and the Beast" Plot, with a Hint of Twilight... maybe (I never actually seen Twilight)
    another Sorceress, (Best friends with the Other Sorceress from the other family) stumbles into an Abandoned mansion, and encounters a Wolf.
    Turns out the Wolf is also a Man trapped in his wolf form. Since he was 13 years old, due to his fatally wounded werewolf mother, she bestowed the burden of being an Alpha on the young lad to keep their legacy alive. The power was to much for the 12 year old, so one week later, when he turned 13, he experienced his first full moon, and as an alpha as well, with no one to help him, it was overwhelming.

So she comes along, uses her magic to help him turn back.

they fall in love, and she wants to help build him a new Pack, a New Family.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Not really. I still think of it as a bland game. I think it's good that they're trying to make some improvements, but overall I don't feel like it's a fun game to play. It still feels way too... scaled down compared to previous Sims games. I just don't get the amount of enjoyment out of it that I'd need to in order to see myself buying expansions and additional content. I guess the only thing that's changed is that after two years and several packs I now know for sure that I'm just not interested in this iteration. At first I though I'd give it time, but a couple of years is plenty of time. If it's not the game for me now, it never will be.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    zap608zap608 Posts: 82 Member
    Have my feelings changed? Yes. I liked the game when it first came out which surprised me as I hated the Sims 3. I have had a love/hate relationship with it mainly due to my lack of control that I took for granted in the Sims 2. I do like the game I think there is effort being made to please everyone and I try to remember that my tastes are not everyone's. The best thing about this game is I can now create for it, I could do a bit in the Sims 2 but I can do so much more now and that has made a big difference to the way I play and how I see the game. Its also given me new skills. The main change is that when a new pack come out I wait and see what others say and what is posted in the way of content before buying it. I waited ages to buy the kitchen pack because so many people were fed up with ice cream headaches. Last time I had one of those was over 20 years ago and I live on it in the summer. I like it more now even though I wish there was more control, like just fishing at Granite Falls instead of having to camp and less ncps and a few other bits. Basically I think it's doing ok.
    Find me; Freeasabird, The Shed @ Sims 4 Studio. Custom content for The Sims 4.
  • Options
    WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    pamy1124 wrote: »

Same here! plus I loved the supernatural toddlers! the little witches made the toys disappear, the little werewolves could hunt insects, scratch furnirìtures and howl ( <3 my lovely little terrors) little vampires could bite the neck of their stuffed bears. I loved those little touches so much I always have at least one supernatural in my families!
  • Options
    Marble9Marble9 Posts: 146 Member
    edited June 2016
    I enjoyed the first time I played the base game, but then got bored. Really, even The Sims 1 base game had a lot to explore for me (not joking). However, I tried to give TS4 a chance and bought Outdoor Retreat. Again, two days and I'm bored. I could spend weeks and months playing previous The Sims games and exploring things there. In The Sims 4 these things are missed or taken from previous TS games without changes. So I haven't bought other packs and probably won't until they release something really big and NEW. I see that some simmers changed their mind about TS4 after Maxis had released gender customization, but I can't see anything special in this update. Yes, they enlarged CAS features, but nothing new for gameplay was made. :/
    bc028f35.png
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited June 2016
    nope. i'm dead inside when it comes to ts4. cold and dead. although the recent patch was pretty darn awesome. glad they released that out there into the universe so it won't be a big deal when it's in ts5. i did try REALLY hard to like this iteration, but so many things killed it for me. i actually reached over 100 hours of gameplay the other day after the patch (although 90% of that time was probably cas or building... if that's counted) ... so nobody can say i didn't give it a go. i'm just serial lurking, playing other games, enjoying outdoorsy things, and waiting for "no man's sky."

edit: oh... cities: skylines has new dlc... stadiums. may have to play this sc2013 killer today.
    Post edited by Bagoas77 on
  • Options
    RoorenSamaRoorenSama Posts: 82 Member
    edited June 2016
    At the beginning, I felt that the game was lacking, and still now I'm waiting for the untapped potential of the game to shine. I don't know how long I'm going to have to wait for the game to really get going for me. Of course, the new packs are nice, but I keep finding myself comparing TS4 to TS2 and 3. As a standalone, it's a fun game, but since it has predecessors it needs to level out to the same quality.

I think it's because I find myself having a lot less to do in TS4. Most of my time is spend in CAS because that's become the most entertaining part of the game for me. Even with just the first two EPs of TS3, I was kept entertained for a while. The problem with TS4 is the world doesn't feel complete at all. I'd love for there to be more focus on making the world immersive in basic ways like what Nightlife/Late Night and seasons did.
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
    Tumblr | Instagram
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    For Me it has not changed, Due to the fact that I am still waiting for Item's for My type of game play since day 1, I try the different thing's in the game packs that have come out so far, But it just is not the same for Me, I am Gothic and I want My Gothic Item's Back !, plus I want My Chin's in Pet's so I can have My Fur Babies in My game as well, :)
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    The emotions themselves arent that bad... the problem is you never see anything other that happy sims cus negative emotions are soo easily overridden by basically anything good... "oh my husband died a few seconds ago... but hey i live in a nice house so im still happy 100% of the time"

So True, I do hate how they do not have any emotion's about someone's death or anything else, it just feels so wrong to me, yup. :(
  • Options
    emtheelfemtheelf Posts: 49 Member
    I think what the last couple of patches and updates have shown me is that the Sims 4 isn't a bad game - it's just bad for me. I want more stuff for sims to do inside their homes, not outside, behind loading screens. I'd hazard a guess that three quarters of my play hours on origin are actually when the sims is tabbed (has been for weeks at some points) and not played. The rest of them are probably mostly made up of new families I ditch and building houses. Again, not a bad game if you like playing around with parties and the social lives of young adults - but not the game for me. Though unlike many others here, I don't care if supernaturals get put in or not, I never really enjoyed playing with them in 3.
    Forever in love with the Sims 2 :)
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    My feelings about the game have improved recently. I love the new lighting and I'm actually enjoying running a restaurant; it's enjoyable although my first experience taking a Sim family to a restaurant didn't go so well - they were there 24 hours and still didn't get served! But I can see potential for Dine Out so yes, it's a good game pack.

However, I still really dislike all the flirting, blowing kisses and hugging going on in my game and I'm really, really tired of having no extra furnishings with more colours available. Being a person who likes to decorate my Sims houses and custom build towns in my games, and spend match colours through Create a Style, this game is still falling short for me personally but it is improving.

If only, if only.......they would bring in some kind of colour editor to save me making custom content. I live in hope.
  • Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    Nope, I'm not playing that game anymore. It's just not my kind of videogame. I like more realistic games (like the sims 2 and 3.) I still believe it has many flaws and that the style of the game is childish. I'll just wait for the sims 5.
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I love a lot of the things like multitasking and the latest patches but I'm still upset over the lack of family play and not much to do as of lately

Kinda wish we had a University or Freetime pack by now
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    KethKeth Posts: 165 Member
    I enjoyed the base game for a while and got bored; there just isn't enough to do. And it seems like half the things you can do are wonked out in some way. The EP's and GP's are weak. Get Together is probably the best but it's hyper focused on one thing. Get to Work doesn't even come close to OFB or Ambitions. All the packs combined haven't added to the value of the game that a single pack from either 2 or 3 did. It's like EA wants 4 to fail but in a way that they still make money off it.
  • Options
    HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member
    TS4 really didn't impress me then, and isn't impressing me to this date. It feels like a mobile game to me.
  • Options
    loriburcherloriburcher Posts: 38 Member
    Wasnt what I was expecting at all. And I gave it a shot too. I bought a few addons/ expansions and now it seems like a huge waste of money. Just not for me.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    edited June 2016
    It looks like most of the above posts are from those who have just the base game or a few addons.

Well, I have bought all the packs and am now enjoying the game a lot. The colour choices are getting better and the game has more options. It is going to take a long time before Sims 5 comes out so I hope the money the 5 million buyers make for EA and Maxis is used for this game and not another or speculative Sims 5.

• Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited June 2016
    Yeah, I guess it sort of did.

I fell in love with CAS right from the get go, but the game was so painfully realistic on release, that I couldn't play it for very long. When they added ghosts it got a little better for me, but it wasn't until they added aliens that I began to play daily. I find super realistic simulation games to be painfully boring, so if there are no elements of fantasy or science fiction in a game, I will fall asleep at the keyboard.

As the series builds upon itself they add more and more fantasy and sci-fi elements, and my love and enjoyment of the game exponentially increases. There are things I'm still not satisfied with, but I have felt that way in all iterations of The Sims. Overall, TS4 is my second favorite sims iteration at this point (TS2 is my #1 for me). Time will tell if TS4 bumps TS2 off its pedestal.

So yes, I definitely view it a lot more favorably now than I did in the beginning. :)
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    It looks like most of the above posts are from those who have just the base game or a few addons.

Well, I have bought all the packs and am now enjoying the game a lot. The colour choices are getting better and the game has more options. It is going to take a long time before Sims 5 comes out so I hope the money the 5 million buyers make for EA and Maxis is used for this game and not another or speculative Sims 5.
    That shouldn't matter of course.

I'm trying to figure out now what people are seeing that I don't see where it comes to the charm of the animations, emotions and multitasking. It looks very simple and repetitive to me, for example when they play the llama game. I also don't understand the emotion system: my sim lost the game, was sad and right after he was happy. While nothing happened that could make him happy. He wasn't fine, but really happy. Why? He just lost the game.

The multitasking looked like animations taking turns. Not mixing things. Though I might be wrong here, I base it on the bartending animation. Right after I ordered my sim to start bartending, she turned on the jukebox. That was nice, she started dancing a little, while bartending. Multitasking at work. I thought. But it wasn't like that (or rather, it didn't look like that). She started bartending and then she stood with a glass in her hand dancing a bit (looking silly to be honest), doing nothing but dancing. That took ages. Then she did a bit of bartending, then dancing (just standing there shaking her head a little). Bartending, dancing, bartending, dancing. It could have been allright, if it wouldn't have been such a drag, she was just standing there and it took way too long.

Bartender2_zps8mvtbgwj.png

At one point she started talking, but to no-one. I checked, I know they can talk to sims at the other side of a room, but all it said was that she was tending the bar. No conversation was taking place. She wasn't talking to anyone, yet she was (or she thought she was).

I realize it's one example and I'm far from done yet. I'm going to explore the club system and I want to try out the DJ thing and dancing. Oh, and indeed the aliens (the science career). But I'm really surprised I'm so underwhelmed by what seems to excite others. In a way that I almost feel I must be doing something wrong. I don't understand what people mean when they say they love the little details, because they do the same thing over and over, with that constant smile. If I'd love anything for a Sims 5, it's sims that don't smile all the time by default.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    When there are new features added, like now with Dine Out, I love playing the game and exploring new things.

But overall, the one thing that really sets me back is how emotionless the sims are. And I realize this sounds weird, as The Sims 4 has many different moods and facial expressions and so fourth. But for example with social interaction, in-between new interactions the sims just stand there looking at the sky or looking motionless at each other. And if someone is having an argument, right in the middle they can suddenly start being friendly to eachother again - like didn't you just throw a drink in her face?

It's things like this that makes me step back after a while. But I realize that making a game without this problem is close to impossible.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    I've relaxed on my stance about TS4 not being an open world, but the bugs that infest this game really stops me from enjoying myself and leaves me rarely playing this game, which is a shame because this game can be fun :/
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited June 2016
    Mchap353 wrote: »

Well, if a game doesn't grab me, I don't buy additional content for it. TS1-3 and even TSM managed to entertain me enough to make me want to buy add-ons because I was intrigued by the possibility of having more ways to play. TS4 didn't accomplish that.

Dine Out really tempted me, but then I realized that I'd still be stuck with all of the things that I don't care for about TS4, I'd just have restaurants on top of it. Same with gardens or Spooky Stuff or what have you. The game is still the game.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    AururabAururab Posts: 18 New Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    Dine Out really tempted me, but then I realized that I'd still be stuck with all of the things that I don't care for about TS4, I'd just have restaurants on top of it. Same with gardens or Spooky Stuff or what have you. The game is still the game.

Same feeling with me. Though I've somewhat altered my expectations of Sims 4. Seems it was never meant to be what its predecessors were. It's meant to be emotionally detachable from the Player. Kind of like an ant farm. "Watch'em crawl, nothing more".

There were mystifying aspects to Sims 3 that I just can't expect in Sims 4 because of what it is. It's like asking a TV Dinner to suddenly become a lovingly home made meal. Nope, you're getting this reheated frozen entree as-is, with these sides, take it or leave it.

My intention is to play the game whenever I'm in the random mood to watch basic silliness. I can't make myself expect anything more from this particular game build. Hopefully, future Sims games will revive the mystique EA once captured our senses with.