Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has your feelings for the sims 4 changed over time?

I just want to see if your feelings for sims 4 changes at all over time. Mine has.... When the sims team release a teaser for upcoming content it changed my feelings. I felt that things will improve if the team keeps it up. I thought the sims 4 was going to be a failure at first when it came out. But Due to EA's new earning report, it stated that sims 4 grew two-thirds of the fan base! And sims 4 was said to be the top selling pc game of 2015! This changed how I felt about the game dramatically.

Sources:
http://simscommunity.info/2016/05/10/ea-playbook-q4-fiscal-year-infographic-the-sims-4/
http://simscommunity.info/2016/05/14/the-sims-4-is-the-1-best-selling-pc-game-of-2015/

Comments

• Options
    GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    edited May 2016
    I've always loved the Sims 4, but I can understand why people were so against the game when it first came out. It was very bare. But I do believe the Sims team is trying hard to please fans and it shows with the content they're releasing. I think after a few EP's and gamepacks Sims 4 will be one of the best Sims games of all. But that's my opinion :)
  • Options
    dawsom18dawsom18 Posts: 50 Member
    I've always loved sims although I do go through phases of being bored then being obsessed with it. I do always look forward to a new sims coming out whether it's a stuff pack expansion or completely new but I can't always afford to buy them unfortunately :disappointed:. I need to get this next expansion pack though, it's a must.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    edited May 2016
    At first I thought it would be bad too, tbh. Etspecially when it came out with no pools, ghosts and etc. But, with time, my opinion has greatly improved of the game. Yes, it lacks certain little individuals (I won't name them- this should be drama free), but I am sure they will come. The developers add something each month. For example, the new group action system, the door locking option and bed claiming option made the game better. The game packs so far are really good (cannot wait for Dine out) and Expansions are really good as well. For years simmers asked to go with sims to their jobs. We can finally run stores and restaurants again(last time was on TS2 I believe), not to mention Windenburg and the club system. Also, multitasking is very nice, CAS is amazing.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    At first I thought it would be bad too, tbh. Etspecially when it came out with no pools, ghosts and etc. But, with time, my opinion has greatly improved of the game. Yes, it lacks certain little individuals (I won't name them- this should be drama free), but I am sure they will come. The developers add something each month. For example, the new group action system, the door locking option and bed claiming option made the game better. The game packs so far are really good (cannot wait for Dine out) and Expansions are really good as well. For years simmers asked to go with sims to their jobs. We can finally run stores and restaurants again(last time was on TS2 I believe), not to mention Windenburg and the club system. Also, multitasking is very nice, CAS is amazing.
    I mean, didn't Ambitions cover that basically? Unless you mean people really wanted it in TS4, specifically.

Anyways I'm still (very slowly) warming up to it. There's still a pretty decent amount of annoying bugs, but the next GP does look nice and Spa Day was fun. I'm holding out for Supernaturals though, if they're done well and the bugs get fixed, it might end up as one of my favorites. Hoping for more build mode features and color choices for furniture and clothes as well

:*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I used to like/hate it, but with recent patches and various Packs, it's starting to grow on me, lol. :tongue:

I still think it's highly lacking though. It still has a ways to go before it can be a great sims game on the same level as past games. It's missing so much content, is somewhat buggy, and has some disappointing aspects, like the tepid retail system, and the terrible culling.

I'm still enjoying it, but I'm still also waiting for toddlers (and maybe preteens or unchained babies or something), and maybe some more Generations-like gameplay content.

I'm happily anticipating the Dine Out game pack. I just love restaurants, and I would love to own a restaurant and have my sims dine out. :smile: I've been waiting for the return of restaurants since ts2 ended.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    @Polyrhythm I suppose it did, but AMbitions weren't as in-depth with promotions and tasks as GTW. That's the way I see it at least.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I've been a S4 cheerleader since before it came out. I excitedly waited for that UPS truck on release day for my copy from Amazon. I installed it, and was in love on day one. The Sims was back!

I get excited about all the new content we are getting and love what they are doing with this iteration. For me, it's fast becoming the best of the series. It will overtake S2 for me soon.

(Unless they ruin it with story progression and things like that. )
  • Options
    HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    I loved the sims 4 when it came out. I thought it was the best sims game ever (even without toddlers and pools). When they announced and released Get to Work I was so happy, they were finally listening to what people wanted in the sims 3.
    But then came gamescon 2015 and they announced Get Together with that plum awful presentation with RF dancing all over the stage and showing off a mindless party pack. But I still had a sliver of hope, after all the trailer looked like you could swim in the ocean. Then came the turning point with the infamous RF interview where she said cutting toddlers was the best decision at the time and that essentially that players didn't really know what they wanted and that telemetry showed them everything. That's when I realized that they really, really don't care at all about this game or the franchise or the fans who'd been desperately waiting for (at that point) a year for toddlers and family play only to be told that our play styles aren't needed for this game (my interpretation.) That interview and that presentation finally opened my eyes to how bad the game really is, it allowed me to see past the 'sims' title and to see how much they butchered the series to get some quick cash.
    Has it got better? sure, but that's expected, it has been nearly 2 years since it was released but I still hate the game and I've gone back to TS2 and uninstalled TS4 until they finally decide to listen to what we've been begging for for nearly 2 years.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Ive went from its "completely boring" to "tolerable".
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    I liked ts4 back then and I still do now. :)
  • Options
    alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    At first I loved it, then I was disappointed, when Get To Work came out, I loved it again, then disappointed again, then Get Together came out and again loved it, but now, I don't even care, I play the game, I know it has potential, I still think the biggest lacking on this series is customization and the arrogance of some people (who i'm not going to name), but it's a great game overall.
  • Options
    FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member
    Yeah, I occasionally suffer from bouts of Stockholm Syndrome with it.
    q6goV2s.png
    Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    Articles never change my opinion of the game

But to answer your question it has. In the beginning I thought it was very boring but as all the packs have come out it has improved the game. I still would like some missing features to come to make my game even better though! But only time will tell.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,607 Member
    I was dead set against getting it, but realised that I would never know what it was like without experiencing it for myself so I bought it. I spent months regretting that decision, but it has grown on me a little.

I do like quite a few aspects of it now, but there is still an awful lot wrong with it and an awful lot missing.

I guess I set myself up for a heartbreak by expecting TS4 to be the best parts of TS2 and TS3 rolled into an updated game. I thought EA would have learned from all their past mistakes and listened to their fanbase and brought us a lot of what a lot of us wanted. And when they said they had cut toddlers from the game I seriously expected them to be added in almost as fast as pools and ghosts. I thought they had worked on them for so long and just needed extra time to finish them off, but here we are still waiting... with no news.

So, although I do like parts of the game, I can never forgive EA for misleading us over toddlers and not bringing them back.

They also gave us a lot of spiel about the new emotions system - that was one of the major selling points of the game. And what a complete fail that is. I don't expect they will ever revamp this system though, so this is also another reason I will never love the game.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    @Polyrhythm I suppose it did, but AMbitions weren't as in-depth with promotions and tasks as GTW. That's the way I see it at least.
    I know at least for the paranormal hunter career you'd get rewards, harder jobs, etc for being promoted. I don't care for the overly-detailed tasks so I don't mind that. Then again that's just In my opinion, I don't wanna turn this into one of "those threads" :lol:
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    The emotions themselves arent that bad... the problem is you never see anything other that happy sims cus negative emotions are soo easily overridden by basically anything good... "oh my husband died a few seconds ago... but hey i live in a nice house so im still happy 100% of the time"
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,395 Member
    I started out being very disappointed in the game. But slowly I have warmed up to the sims and their emotions, with the help of mods/cc of course. Now I can actually sit and play for hours where before I was fortunate to play for 30 minutes before going back to Sims3. I can't remember the last time I played Sims 3, tbh. :D

I feel like this game will get better with time and more additions. I just hope they have toddlers in the future for all who have been pining for them.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes several times. I used to like the Sims 4, but now it has turned into a neutral love/hate disappointed relationship. It has taken several mods and some CC like eyelashes <3 to make the game tolerable for me.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    At this point I feel the same as when the base game was released the game still feels empty and has continued to ignore my play style. Hopefully Dine Out and the Kids Stuff Pack changes that a little if they are done right because I have wanted restaurants and desperately need more things for kids to do even though I don't see a stuff pack changing that much.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    I used to play it pretty regularly and now I'm waiting for them to add content that interests me. About to have gone nearly 3 months without playing.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Yes, it changed... I began to love it even more. Which is bad for my money :D!

I think I just loved what it had to offer from the beginning. With the packs coming and even more is on the way I keep getting more excited.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    In the beginning I was hopeful. I wasn't really happy with a few things but I believed, or maybe I was just hoping really hard, that changes would come and I could fall as in love with it as I have every other version. So I was disappointed, but hopeful.

Now I am just slightly disappointed. I'm not mad and I get completely that this version will never be for me. I don't judge anyone who loves it for doing so. My daughter played it for a few hours last week and for the most part enjoyed it. I wish the best for this version and I hope to see everyone who still plays and enjoys it get a better and better game as time goes on. I hope changes come to it for those which one or two small changes would mean the difference between playing or not. I no longer wish it to be the game I had hoped for. Maybe next time, or maybe not. There are things about this version I really like, and things which I could easily compromise with. But in the end it can never be what I want to play and invest in. I no longer have any hope or expectation to enjoy it, but I am okay with that.
  • Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    I posted in a very similar thread so I’ll just quote myself:
    I wrote:
    Firstly, before the game release, when I found out the art style but didn’t know much about the gameplay, I was disappointed completely, because I expected something better than cheap plastic figurines. Then, when I got more and more information about gameplay, I felt more and more disappointed. No CASt? No open world? And everything in that off-putting plastic universe? Are you kidding me? ← Those were my thoughts before I played the game. Then, I decided to give it a try. I play with families basically only in TS2, because in TS3 there are so many great things to do that I can’t just jail my sims with children, so the lack of toddlers isn’t a big deal for me personally (however, I do think they should’ve been in the game – it’s basic content really), and I wanted to see whether the game offers something interesting. I did like some things, like splicing plants, multiple upgrades on a single object, or hats not glued to hair, but the game didn’t have anything really innovative, and I have much more things to do in TS2 and TS3. The fact that I can’t make a toilet unbreakable and cleaning itself at the same time isn’t important enough to make me want to play TS4 over TS3. Emotions? They seem small enough a feature that they could be added as an EP to TS3, and I’m not entirely sure I’d want that. I prefer my sims to act accordingly to their traits and current moodlets (TS3) or to their personality points, hobbies and memories (TS2). Not to a certain category of moodlets that is active at a certain moment (TS4). TS3 system isn’t perfect, but I think it’s better – there are just 3 categories of moodlets, positive, negative and neutral, but lots of them have unique animations, for example when a sim has the moodlet soaked, they sometimes act like they wanted to get rid of water from their ears, or when they got attacked by a bee they sometimes show they feel some pain. In TS4 every sim having a moodlet in the angry category acts exactly the same when the emotion is active, independently of which moodlet makes them angry.

What about now? Yes, the game did improve since launch, but still, it doesn’t have anything that would be significantly better than in older games, so I prefer to play those. I’ll give it another try after the supernatural EP – provided it does offer something that is better than TS3 (e.g. alive gnomes like in TS1). TS4 is just a mediocre game that is a huge step backwards, and doesn’t deserve to be a sequel to such an unique and creative franchise called The Sims – in my opinion. It shouldn’t be called TS4, it’s more like a side game that would fit to mobile devices.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Am I excited about the new EP? At this point it is more of a shoulder shrug for me atm. A little apathetic I guess. I do like the fact that they are bringing back open restaurants though. I spent more time looking at build items. Will see what happens.