Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member
    It's been a long, long time since I posted here!

Finally, my 'Sulani save' story has begun! I'm not great at coming up with titles. Sulani at Heart was designed to cover the fact that the Matsumoto triplets likely won't all live in Sulani as they get older (I haven't yet planned where they'll all live), but they'll definitely be wanting to retain links to their heritage wherever they live.

Like with 'Magical Mastersons' story, this isn't a meticulously-plotted story or anything like that... it's just recording the day-to-day lives of the Matsumoto triplets and their younger cousins, as well as their parents.

This post is also featured on my blog. It shows as being originally posted on July 25th, but I updated it to include info on the guys, as well as changing Arisa's photo.

Arisa, Keiko and Sakura were born in Sulani. They start dating boys from very different backgrounds. They know they'll likely end up living in different towns when they're older, so will their bond be able to remain strong? And how will they maintain ties with Sulani? After all, to adapt the popular phrase, you can take the girl(s) out of Sulani, but you can't take Sulani out of the girl(s).
    Lars has always had a natural affinity with Sulani culture, and decides to become a mermaid. How will he deal with his newfound abilities?
    Marianne is the youngest in her family by quite a gap. As she gets older, she realises that she's more interested in playing chess and computer games, rather than the active, outdoor activities her parents and older brother enjoy. Can she accept that being 'different' is a good thing?

(Author's note: Lars will become a mermaid once he's a teenager; he's currently two days away from that birthday. Marianne is still only a toddler right now, so she won't 'narrate' any chapters as such until she's older.)

(Details under spoiler)

Now to meet the key characters in the story! Note: at the start of the story, Samuel and Amanda are deceased.

Samuel and Amanda Foster lived in Lagoon Look in Sulani. Amanda was a painter and Samuel was a chef.

qo1ADcs.jpg
    zGOraGt.jpg

They had twins Anne and Lucy. Anne is a talented musician, with her main instrument being the violin. She got a degree in Fine Arts from the University of Britechester.

er3ZzUi.jpg

Lucy is a fitness fanatic, who has a degree in Biology from Foxbury Institute. She works as a doctor.

sxdq8mE.jpg

Anne married Hiroshi Matsumoto, and they have triplet daughters Arisa, Keiko and Sakura. Anne was born a human Sim, but underwent the Rite of Ascension to become a Spellcaster as a young adult. Hiroshi is also a Spellcaster, as are their children. Arisa is in green, Keiko is in blue and Sakura is in pink.

9SLraR5.jpg

opRijqG.jpg
    cKzu9tF.jpg
    j4ZMcUA.jpg

Lucy married Max van Beers and they have son Lars and daughter Marianne. All four are currently human Sims, but that will soon changed as mentioned in the intro.

Emi1ArR.jpg

DpkqlZo.jpg
    nNXKctB.jpg

I don't have individual photos of them right now, but here are the basic details of the other important characters:

Declan O'Reilly is originally from Oasis Springs. He has a twin sister Ciara, and a younger sister Orla. His parents are Bridget and Sean. Bridget is a freelance crafter, and Sean is a civil designer.

Kai Nakayama is originally from Mt Komorebi. He has a younger sister, Hanae. His parents are Fumiko and Daisuke. They also have a cat, Mei-Mei, who's a Siamese. Fumiko is a doctor, and Daisuke is a businessman.

Felix Bachmann is originally from Henford-on-Bagley. He has an older sister, Klara. His parents are Gretchen and Karl. Gretchen is an athlete, and Karl is a gardener. They used to have a dog, Lily, but she passed away from old age shortly before the family moved to Sulani.

Blog post here: Sulani at Heart: Meet the Characters

The save is actually my old "Fosters/Matsumotos/van Beerses" save that I used to mention on here, ages ago. I always intended to come back to them eventually.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I just moved my Rapunzel & her Tower to Henford & upgraded her & her home with Cottage Living. I then did the same thing with my HobbitElf & her Hobbit Cottage. She has lots of plants in her garden.
    I also upgraded one of my 2019 household & their lot; which is my Alice in Wonderland. She even befriended a White Rabbit.
    My households & lots are saved in the Gallery under my username SEREFRAS. There's no mods only vanilla, my packs, the
    S4 cheat codes & my crazy imagination. :p
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    I think some mentions got buried, and I'm trying to reply to everyone's stories when something catches my attention.

@haneul Jack is friends with all the farm animals All. Of. Them. Including a cow plant now...

@Becka28 It's interesting to start playing a sim and have a few sims that know each other. Sims do interact with each other while they aren't played. One of the reasons Dylan is still with his Cecilia is because the major issue with their relationship is Dylan's Mom, Arihi Zalrian. Dylan's Mom does not approve of his girlfriend. I think Cecilia made a bad first impression, and their relationship is terrible. Arihi is a loner, so you have to approach her the right way.

Dylan didn't break uo with his girlfriend because, even though Cecilia seems to struggle with Anger, Dylan and Cecilia are a solid couple. I just worry that Dylan is too patient and compassionate with Cecilia.

As for Jack and Cecilia Kang, their relationship is struggling because of the townies that know Cecilia Kang. They became girlfriend and boyfriend again only because they are truly compatible, but they need to do something about the townies.

I'm tempted to get the Darkfins involved.

@Lucy_Henley Have you decided on a tail color yet? At least for some merfolk, the tail is a big deal!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Not much. My game is suffering from rampant Sharing is Caring NAP issues even though I have voting turned off, so I mostly stuck to home lot or decorating venues. To test them out I had to replace stolen furniture several times. Hope they do something about this soon.
    Anyway, here's some pictures from Sulani neighbourhood.

rbklBy6.png

v1n2dph.png

1JESYHm.png

lkBW8UL.png
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    @Metior_Ice I’m not sure about the tail colour yet, I’ll have to check out the options. Lars’s favourite colour is yellow, so maybe it could be either yellow or something similar. Maybe I’ll go into “Create New Household” and play around with colours, and decide there.
    Post edited by Lucy_Henley on
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice I’m not sure about the tail colour yet, I’ll have to check out the options. Lara’s favourite colour is yellow, so maybe it could be either yellow or something similar. Maybe I’ll go into “Create New Household” and play around with colours, and decide there.

There are a few really nice yellow tails to check out. I look forward to the reveal!
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    I am starting to think my sim's stepmother secretly hates her, because no matter what time she tries to call her, mommy dearest always claims to be asleep and is mad about being woken up, even if I just saw her walking down the street moments ago. And no, the stepmother is not a vampire.
  • Options
    SimsGrownSimsGrown Posts: 17 Member
    Depending on which save you are referring to. Haha

The first one I’m working on is a pretty hefty build, that’s been taking me some time to put together. I am getting close. I have touch ups inside and then the exterior and it’s finally done!

Then I loaded up one of my storylines. A guy hand a random hookup and got the girl pregnant so he took the baby and was raising it while he was being a serial romantic with all the women in town. One girl kept popping up over and over. When he found out she was pregnant, he quickly moved her in and surprise twins. He still gets around a bit, but now has 3 boys keeping him busy.
  • Options
    KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    edited August 2021
    Glad you all are enjoying it!
    And yeah @Becka28 I think Artemisia is one of my favourites, as is Magnus. I really like Athena too, and Ari. My least favourite have to be Laurent and Kameron probably.

Honestly, playing this rotationally might actually save my sanity a little. I'm so tired of Mt. Komorebi right now lol I'm only on gen 4 with the Eisensterns. Rotating around between worlds should help with that. I still need to hammer out the details of figuring out how to handle ageing but I've got So many rotations to do before that becomes an immediate concern I'm putting it on a back-burner. Maybe brilliance will strike me eventually.

My main issue atm is that I need non-active-but-played-Sims to age without ageing legitimately everyone together because I need satellite branches to also continue forward without my intervention. I may need to do some Advanced Calculations and figure out how many days a full rotation from Ezio back to Ezio would be and then figure out how long everyone should live in accordance and then set up MCCC to take care of the rest.

Just on my rudimentary on-the-spot calculating, I think I'd need to set just YA stage to 1092 days or something, and it'd be a bit over 2,000 days to get through YA-E. Yikes. And no matter which way I spin it, everyone gets another full rotation worth of days added on, maybe two, to account for child-rearing. I'm going to be playing this save for some time before I get to generation 10.

Anyways, it was time to switch so we're off to Oasis Springs!

Royalty Save
    Current Monarch: Ian Sinclair
    ( He decided he's writing in first person I am very sorry. )

Desert Bloom Palace, Oasis Springs
    TS4-x64-2021-08-15-20-36-57.jpg
    You might be wondering why the first picture I've got in this list is a picture of my favourite spot in Oasis Springs. Well, I'll tell you; I didn't really want to open this entry with eking out a sad existence doing mundane things like grilling. It's depressing. I know, I know... some have to build greatness so that others can be born into it or however the saying goes, but I always imagined I'd be one of those guys born to greatness.

Or maybe it's by being great enough to build the greatness, my greatness surpasses my kingdom's? Who knows. At this point, I'm just trying to survive long enough to build up some wealth.

I'm not like those other guys. They'll go digging around in the dirt for treasure and excavating crystals, harvesting flowers, for money, but I'm not getting dirt under my nails. This appearance is hard to keep up, and besides, the last thing I want is dirt smearing across one of my paint canvases. The commercial space of Oasis Springs features a food stand, at least, so I can head there for food.

I'm not terribly interested in talking to most people here, so I've been keeping to myself.
    TS4-x64-2021-08-15-20-13-53.jpg
    There's a picnic area out behind my palace. Er, my tent. It makes going back there to grill some fruits for breakfast much easier to manage without being seen. The weather's not terribly nice for a thick blazer and a turtleneck, but I don't have much else to wear. Maybe I'll talk with some of the locals at some point, and see what they wear. I'll definitely need something else when the summer comes. I hear it gets extremely hot here.

With any luck, the lack of rainfall will make it a heat that's more bearable.

My cooking skills don't feel like they're getting much better. How long does it take before you figure out cooking, anyway? I thought to myself I might simply hire someone to work for me at some point. Maybe soon. I make a decent amount of money simply working to keep the nation moving ( that seems like something you wouldn't be able to get rich from, but you'd be wrong in that assumption I guess ), so I should be able to pay someone to work as live-in help.

One thing at a time. I still need a house first.

TS4-x64-2021-08-16-09-58-30.jpg
    I managed to dig up a loose shirt and a pair of shorts from my meager belongings. It's much better suited to the heat of Oasis Springs. Even in the spring it gets hot here, so I'll likely need to simply plan on the heat being a problem for the rest of my time here. I'm not entirely sure how I ended up the king of Oasis Springs anyway, but I try not to question these things. Fortune smiled on me, I suppose.

I've got four walls by now! As I was contemplating my next painting, a lovely girl walked past the windows. I was hesitant, but eventually ran out after her and introduced myself.

"I'm Ian," I said, smiling what I hoped was my friendliest smile ( I never mastered friendly smiles ).

"Olive," she said. "You're new here! Oh, wait, I vaguely remember hearing something about an important guy named Ian something..."

I snorted. "King Ian Sinclair," I said.

"Oh! Right, that guy! Wait, is that you?" she asked.

"Maybe," I said. "Well, only on weekdays from ten to four. Right now I'm just Ian."

She made a wry expression, but she didn't argue, and instead changed the subject to something less serious, and I couldn't help but feel a little relieved.

TS4-x64-2021-08-16-14-54-14.jpg
    ( I also made the butler, he was one of my accidental cutes that I kept around. I updated NPCC recently to the most recent version, and so I have control over my NPCs again lol btw no Ian is not a loner and he is not self-absorbed but he acts like he's both. Also I believe your grace was dropped as a form of address for kings and queens and is now used more commonly with dukes and barons and stuff, but I like it so I'm going to keep using it. lol It's my world, I make the rules. <_< )

As soon as I had more than one room in my very small and humble palace, I decided to hire a live-in butler. The academy sent a young man around my age named Adrian, and he doesn't seem to be much of a talker. He's fairly good at listening, though, and that was the important part to me.

"And I feel like I should probably figure out how to handle people, like I'm a king for watcher's sake," I said, gesturing wildly. "Aren't kings supposed to be, I don't know, charming and good with words and whatever? All I can ever manage to do is say the absolute wrong thing at the absolute worst time!"

Adrian looked sympathetic to my plight, but all he had to offer in return was a slight grimace.

I sighed. "Oh, never mind," I said.

"Your grace, if I may," Adrian eventually said after a few moments, "I hear practice makes perfect."

I stared. Of course. If one was out of practice talking to people, of course it'd be difficult to remember how to do it. Theoretically, it should be like riding a bike, right? Once you learn, you never quite forget? It didn't seem to be true in this instance, and that was somewhat unfortunate. Well, maybe practicing a little in situations where it doesn't matter might help. It's worth a try.

TS4-x64-2021-08-16-15-08-40.jpg
    But first, I needed to spend some time painting. My head gets going in circles, and I can't think straight if I don't paint from time to time. Like the act of painting somehow helps me sort out what's in my head, and it seems like maybe that's exactly right. I don't have to understand it, or how it works. I just have to know that it does work, and maybe not spend too long failing to take the time to paint, right?

Though, my painting hasn't gotten much better from when I was a kid. I'd been so busy worrying about this and that, it was hard to find the time to spend with a paintbrush. That was maybe a personal failing, really. All I could do was try and do better going forward, so that was what I vowed to do.

TS4-x64-2021-08-16-16-14-52.jpg
    As Adrian suggested, I spent a lot of time talking to the locals. It seems my share of the desert, given its caverns and water sources, small as they are, is a popular destination for visitors, and people wander by my home rather frequently. I've not made any friends, necessarily, but I've certainly met a number of the people that live here. Some of the men around here wear skirts. Huh. I should think that offers a nice cool breeze.

Olive and I grew a little closer, over time. She's not exactly the most mature woman I've ever met, but she definitely makes me laugh and think about the bright side of life. Though there are a number of other very attractive ladies wandering around Oasis Springs, I thought perhaps it wasn't a bad idea to try and see where things went with Olive. I'd definitely need someone to help alleviate some of the stress of day to day responsibilities, of which I would always have many.

Oasis Springs hasn't had much development or effort put into it in some time now. After all, very few people want to live here, where the heat is frequently deadly, and water is scarce. Water management seems like it'll be a top priority and concern, something I'll need to focus on. Educational concerns are also something to think about, and economic development, probably. With such a low population, few businesses want to operate here, and I want to find a way to change this.

As tempting as it is to simply terraform and change the climate of Oasis Springs, the desert is a very important piece of global climate balance. The sands from Oasis Springs travels to the other side of the world and leaves important deposits in places like Selvadorada. We must continue to live as one with the desert.

( Fun trivia, what Ian says here about the desert and Selvadorada, it's true in real life. The sand from the Sahara travels across the ocean and deposits crucial nutrients in the Amazon rainforest, which is an important part of the Amazon's health. The Sahara ( the word Sahara means desert, so calling it the Sahara desert is silly, it's technically calling it the desert desert ) cannot disappear entirely, or it's thought the Amazon would become a desert instead. Life on our planet is a very specific set of variables that happened to all come together in just the right way, and in some cases hangs in a very delicate balance. Sometimes, it feels like someone's just making this up as we go. )

TS4-x64-2021-08-16-18-46-04.jpg
    A Japanese restaurant had just opened up in Newcrest. I was distantly familiar with the construction effort through contact with Newcrest's monarch, King Ari, as this development was very important to the expansion and stabilisation of Newcrest. I decided that it seemed like a good place to spend some time just myself and Olive, so we were among the restaurant's first patrons.

Unsurprisingly, King Ari was also present at the restaurant, in an apparent effort to encourage repeat visits. He and Olive seemed to have a decent rapport with one another, but I tried not to think about it as much.

Still, the more we interacted, the more I thought anything more than a solid friendship between us wouldn't work out. I needed someone a little more mature, more level-headed and rational. Someone good at speaking and at least sounding refined. I couldn't ask Olive to become someone she wasn't, that was for certain. Still, as my first friend, she'll always be someone important to me, and I want to make sure she lives a comfortable life. Maybe when some important things get taken care of, I'll see about that.

TS4-x64-2021-08-16-18-50-10.jpg
    "You make really good eggs, Adrian," I said, sitting down at the small dining room table. I can't wait until I can afford better lights. Everything in the house is dimly lit because I can't afford much right now. Did you know how many essentials there are in a house? Yikes.

"Your grace's compliments are appreciated," Adrian answered.

I sighed. He was always formal like that. Well, I suppose that's what one gets when they get a butler. Professionalism. It'll come in handy later, I get the feeling, so I'm trying not to complain about it too much. He's doing his job ( and rather well ), and I shouldn't fault him for it. Still, sometimes I found myself wishing he wasn't so professional all the time. That seemed like a bad thing to tell your employees.

"Hey Adrian," I said, idly pulling apart a piece of toast, "how do girls work?"

Adrian raised an eyebrow. "With all due respect, your grace, if I had the answer to that I wouldn't be in your employ," he said.

I paused, looking up at him for a moment. "... well said, good sir," I said.

"Thank you, your grace," Adrian answered.

Well, seemed I was on my own in the art of dating. No one had ever taught me how to speak using the woman-language, though. For a moment, I wondered if there were textbooks or something that could teach this mysterious tongue. Then I figured, if such a thing existed, wouldn't they be famous by now?

TS4-x64-2021-08-16-19-08-39.jpg
    I spent some time thinking of this. I had other things to concern myself with, but the need for a close relationship with someone, anyone, was quite strong and always came back, even if I put it aside for a while. Over the weekend, I spent some time around my humble abode, ensuring the residents were doing alright and the water supplies were steady and stable.

"Oh, good morning, your highness," I heard from behind me. I turned around to find Carmen smiling at me. Carmen lived in one of the other neighbourhoods, but frequently wandered by, and was a joy to talk to.

"Good morning, Carmen," I said. "How's your day going?"

"Aside from how hot it is, just fine," Carmen said. "You look troubled by something."

Oh, I was troubled by many things. Instead of saying this, however, I smiled. "Would you care to join me for dinner?" I asked.

She looked surprised by that, but then smiled and nodded. "Sure," she said.

We spent hours talking, another new restaurant in Newcrest I wanted to assist in fostering the growth of, and the more we talked, the more magnetic she became. When I came home that evening, even Adrian noticed I was in a better mood. He didn't ask, however, simply smiled and returned to checking the counters for dirt. ( He must be doing something right, as I've yet to ever see him find any. )

TS4-x64-2021-08-16-22-16-48.jpg
    We grew closer over time. She started coming by the palace more frequently, even having conversations with Adrian about who knows what, but her presence made everything more tolerable. Even just having her voice in the background made it somehow easier for me to concentrate. Olive has come by a few times, as well, and the two of them seem to know one another well enough to be friendly with each other. I'm glad for that. Girls having other girls to talk to seems like an important thing.

Adrian has given me a few interesting and knowing looks, but thus far he's opted to remain silent about it. Am I starting to like Carmen as more than just a friend? I wanted to find love anyway, right? I don't understand my own hesitance. Perhaps I don't want to be disappointed if she doesn't see me as more than a friend in return. Or maybe I don't want to rush things. Or maybe I'm just making excuses in my head so I don't have to figure things out.

Perhaps I'll ask her to move in soon. And maybe I'll decide that's too awkward to ask of her right now.

Forgot the bloopers!
    TS4-x64-2021-08-15-20-02-51.png
    Johnny and Malcolm crossed paths... nothing happened. Almost anti-climactic. lol

TS4-x64-2021-08-16-09-34-49.png
    So like I did with Ezio I intended to have Ian call for a servant when we had the space for one, but instead of getting an NPC servant Ian got... Ezio. ... yeah... royalty and servant are kind of mutually exclusive of each other, so um, we got a butler instead. So that's why Ian's got a butler not a servant.

TS4-x64-2021-08-16-15-05-47.png
    Adrian's a pretty good butler though. ... albeit if he checks the counters for dirt again I'm going to scream. Lol

TS4-x64-2021-08-16-16-25-35.png
    I got a male skirt and Mitchell decided he wanted it. You go pal.

TS4-x64-2021-08-16-17-20-29.png
    Ari is so cute omg. Seems weird he'd be at a restaurant in Newcrest but he's also the only resident of Newcrest right now loool

TS4-x64-2021-08-16-18-07-20.png
    Down girl.

TS4-x64-2021-08-16-22-21-55.png
    Awww, she's so cute. >.<
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    @haneul I love how Asher has to subliminally reiterate how awesome the Fiers are while also showing how much he cares about the ones that passed, even if his speech was done poorly.

@Becka28 I love the updates with Quin and Rohan's family. Saorise and Aoife are so cute.

I couldn't see his eyes, but the man in the background looks a lot like one of the Twins or Anti-Twins. So, I have to ask, is he Dylan, Zephyr, Obsidian, or Pyrite? If his eyes were a sea green or grey, it would narrow things down. I want to say it could be Zephyr since he likes most of the things that come with the University Pack.

The Island Elemental Twins Index:

https://theislandelementaltwins.blogspot.com/2020/12/index-httpsforums.html

The Pink Tail Prince: Animal Bonding

Near Jack's house, a nest of wild birds flew around during the day. When Jack wasn't playing with Rosado, he sang to the birds and chatted with them. In return, the birds gave him gifts that he sold to pay for building his farm. Jack wanted to friends with all the animals in this new world.

51381046792_82d9614651_h.jpg

Eventually, he became great friends with the flock, and he learned that their Flock's name was the Blue Jays!

51381046777_e77c951711_b.jpg

They loved to hear his voice, but all merfolk could sing with perfect pitch.

51382048438_6624579d48_h.jpg

In the Bramblewood, Jack tried to catch frogs, but they slipped through his hands. He thought the Dragonflies would distract them long enough for him to catch one.

51381046767_f27584c2e7_b.jpg

Naturally, Jack went for a swim in the Bramblewood River. His swimming often left his tail exposed and further reinforced urban legends about a giant pink salmon with sparkling scales that lived in Henfrod-on Bagley's rivers.

51381046722_024eae17df_h.jpg
    Jack was determined to have a froggy friend, so he searched for one in a log.

51381807516_43c1448de0_h.jpg

It didn't matter where or when the young merman sang, if he sang the Blue Jays would show up and fly around him.

51382820335_740f2ffa1b_h.jpg

Among humans, Jack wore their clothes to blend in. He met Rahmi Watson, a neighbor. While he tried to learn to dance, he told an epic story about a prince in search of love, but couldn't commit to anyone.

Jack: "The prince swam up to the top of an underwater tower and kissed his princess with true love's kiss. The princess woke up from her deep sleep, but the prince was too shy and swam away before she saw him. He saved the next princess from a giant sea dragon only to flee before she saw him. The last princess he saved saw him, but he told her that he was too afraid to commit. To this day, the princes continues to save princesses, only to flee before committing."

Rahmi noticed a few odd details in that story, but she shrugged it off. It was a story, even if the self-proclaimed prince was Don Lothario.

51382549269_5013600ed9_b.jpg

After pursuing a few whims and growing closer to becoming a Country Caretaker, Jack became acclimated to the cold temperatures. He was finally able to sleep in his pond without any fear of freezing in a deep slumber. It was the strangest thing, waking up after the ice thawed and losing most of his memories. How he ended up frozen and in a deep slumber was a mystery to him, but he was happy to be awake again. The memory of being frozen slipped away in his sleep.

51381807441_be20bf405d_b.jpg

Thanks to a community garden, Jack was able to raise enough money to start growing his own farm. It was a small farm to start with.

51382549239_beea3c888d_h.jpg

Jack wore himself out and took a nap in the pond. He dreamt of the self-sufficient lifestyle he was building.

51382048943_808c6c5a05_h.jpg

Before the Blue Jays went to sleep for the night, Jack asked them if they could help with the gardening. They agreed, but before Jack left to sleep, they gave him a gift. Jack swore that he would repay their kindness with the perfect gift. He asked everyday for their gift preference.

51381046117_a139047754_b.jpg

51381046617_9c01396339_b.jpg

The trees that hid his pond started to regrow their leaves a few days into spring, and thanks to the community garden and gifts from the Blue Jays, his farm continued to grow bigger. The birds didn't mind. Jack's Farm ensured that they would have plenty of bugs to eat while they helped him.

51382048913_8906ddf5c1_h.jpg

A spring thunderstorm started roll in, and Jack didn't have any protection from the lightning. He blew into his conch shell and cleared the skies. The cool temperatures warmed up under the sunshine.

51382820270_2d14eb1cc5_h.jpg

Jack swam a few laps to rehydrate after using his magic to change the weather. He used so much magic to manipulate the weather and it often left him dried out.

51382820260_313374616f_b.jpg

Early that morning, Jack sang to the Blue Jays and they gave him more gifts. For now, Jack stuck to singing to the birds because it was the only thing he could do to repay their kindness.

51382548684_bb2c40a69a_b.jpg

After the song ended, the birds performed a dance. Ever since Jack woke up, the world of Henford-on-Bagley slowly started to come alive, as if reconnected to light. Time was moving again, the sun began to shine more often, and Jack was starting to remember Sulani.

51381807386_94b69a17d2_h.jpg

Since the nearby community Garden helped Jack so much, he tended to the plants there so others could benefit from them. It seemed that the foxes appreciated his efforts more than anyone else.

51382549179_5b25fddb9f_h.jpg

As his farm grew, Jack met a Rabbit named Monty.

Jack: "What did the squid say to the octopus?"

Monty tilted his head in confusion.

Jack: "I'm inked to meet you!"

Monty's thought: "I love that joke."

51381807371_af69129f93_b.jpg

Jack sensed that he had a good audience and continued with the jokes: "What did the sailfish say to the swordfish?"

Monty waited patiently.

Jack: "Have a fin-tastic day!"

Monty's thought as he turned his head toward the screen: "That wasn't funny. Not everyone knows that a Sailfish has a bigger dorsal fin than a swordfish but look similar. Shame on you."

51382819700_405b5bf9f9_h.jpg

Another thunderstorm rolled in, so Jack changed the weather. Monty left to hang out by the garden.

51382048858_2a224baa2a_h.jpg

Jack: "So, Monty, which should I get first, a Llama or a Cow."

Monty: "Llama's are the life of a party. You should totally get a llama."

51382549169_77e4f30001_b.jpg

Jack: "So, I've been hearing about how much of a nuisance the Foxes are, but I love seeing them run around. Do you know anything about them?"

One of the Blue Jays: "If you sing to them, they will sing back."

Another Blue Jay: "If you become good enough friends, they won't steal from you."

51382820215_92fffe8c0a_b.jpg

The Blue Jays: "Here's a gift that might help with the Foxes too!"

51382820205_1395676181_h.jpg

51382549149_8551708682.jpg

Jack: "Hey Monty, what are the latest tweets in the Bramblewood!"

Monty: "Nothing much. There are rumors about spicy mushrooms, but humans can't take the heat."

51382549144_a61c2aae9e_b.jpg

Jack: "I can't help it. I have to pet you."

Monty: "I'm a big tough rabbit. I don't have time for this."

51382048388_b7304f3512_b.jpg

Monty: "Brambles, I love the belly scratches."

51381807306_09937e5182_b.jpg

Jack: "Why did the squid cross the sea?"

Jack: "He was Humboldt on the dance floor."

Monty's thoughts: "How does he come up with these awful jokes."

51382549114_2498397a25_h.jpg

Monty: "Who cares, I love the cuddles. Oh brambles, I'm supposed to be vicious and deadly!"

51381046072_ff40a0ab08_b.jpg

Jack: "Can I pet you again?"

Monty: "No, I have appearances to maintain."

51381046512_0489914923_b.jpg

Jack: "Can you help me with the gardening?"

Monty: "I can do that."

51382820150_5d46752167_h.jpg

Another thunderstorm rolled in, and Jack cleared the sky before the animals were scared by it.

51382549084_9eb0c3dfa1_h.jpg

Five days into spring, and the pond's willow and oak tree appeared filled with leaves. Jack even started laying the foundation for a micro-home.

Jack saw a new rabbit hopping toward his garden. This rabbit was named Peter. His father, Monty, retired to the Great Bramblewood beyond the Bramblewood.

Jack: "What did the butterfly say to the bee?"

Peter's thoughts: "What sorcery is this! Dad never said you told non-fishy jokes!"

Jack: "Flutter along this is my flower!"

Peter: "That was a horrible joke, truly horrible. You should stick the material you know."

51382820120_f4486c9b0e_b.jpg

Peter's thoughts: "Dad was right. It's impossible to be tough once you start the belly scratching."

51382548649_e417639cd6_b.jpg

Peter: "Dad wanted me to give you this."

51381046472_9c95c2d773_h.jpg

Jack: "What did the Half-Moon Jelly say to the Sunfish?"

Peter tilted his head.

Jack: "Can you luna me your sunshine?"

Peter's thoughts: "Dad was right. Your jokes are awful!"

51381807251_005cbe182b_h.jpg

51382549039_cca8c78c96_b.jpg

Peter's thoughts: "But the cuddles make it worth it!"

51381806916_e99e89305a_h.jpg

While Jack sang to the birds, a fox took notice.

51381807236_17a26d895f_h.jpg

Jack sang to the fox until they became good friends.

Jack: "Can you stop stealing from me?"

51381807231_4444320bbb_h.jpg

Shadow: "If you keep singing with me, I won't steal anything ever again!"

51382549004_4f575a9344_b.jpg

Thursday afternoon, Jack went for a swim. His farm was coming along nicely.

51382820030_f2137876fb_h.jpg

In his new pond, Jack tried to catch some frogs, but they were difficult to catch.

51382820025_79df3c74c0_b.jpg

They slipped out of his hands just like they did in the Bramblewood.

51382820005_e8b7934446_h.jpg

Jack was asleep when the next thunderstorm hit. He became a storm chaser, so he wasn't worried about changing the weather. Unfortunately, lightning struck him while he slept. A familiar face appeared during the storm.

51382048663_86889aa881_b.jpg

Monty: "Dang, the fish-guy got struck by lightning!"

51382819995_c2cd5b6563_h.jpg

Jack: "The other day, I got a tweet about you passing away. Peter said you retired to the Great Bramblewood beyond the Bramblewood>"

Monty: "That's right, I went into retirement. What do think that meant?"

Jack: "I don't know. I thought you died or something."

Monty: "Brambles, you really need to listen a little closer."

51382548634_b77fea02aa_h.jpg

Jack: "Can I give you cuddles!"

Monty: "I'm too old for that! And, you're charred from getting struck by lightning!"

Jack: "You don't have to be such a drama llama."

51381046367_e22d36e105_b.jpg

I'll continue the story later.
    Post edited by Metior_Ice on
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I finally got a new laptop coming on Thursday, sims 4 gameplay resumes on Friday!
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Hey everyone!! Its been ages since I last posted! Unfortunately I got sidetracked since I have been insanely sick for the past several weeks. I suddenly developed a very very high fever, body aches, cough and difficulty breathing etc. I got a bit scared because I thought I had the new delta strain of Covid, which vaccinated people can still get. Called the doc and got tested. Turns out its not Covid! But I had the nasty new strain of RSV and the FLU!! 🐸🐸🐸🐸? I was shocked but apparently the flu is going around even though its out of season?! Needless to say I had a fever of over 102 for 5 days straight. I’m better but I now have bronchitis, and had to go back to work. Long story short. Wear your mask and social distance and get vaccinated!! I never stopped wearing mine, but a huge amount of people in my native state of Texas have gone back to pre-Covid practices despite the current dangers since our state governor thought it was a bright idea to lift the mask/social distance mandate. The new Covid delta strain has reared its ugly head (our Covid case numbers in the Dallas area-where I live- is higher now than it was last year during the height of the lockdown epidemic!). Not only is it Covid, but since people stopped wearing masks, the colds/flu/other stuff have had a chance to gain a foothold and are now on the rise despite being out of season. I guess I hit the flu jackpot. Whoopidoo.

Rant over. I plan on being more active on the forums because it’s something I have really missed!
    Here’s some comments! I have also left plenty of likes and awesomes!!
    @haneul Thank you for liking Dante and his fiance Healani!!
    That was a lovely funeral screenshot of Asher’s daughters. I am sorry to hear about their passing. I know he’s normally a very self centered person, but you can tell he does care about all his children deeply. Would he consider converting Dysis into a vampire?
    @becka28 Ahhhh!!! I missed the birth of their girls!!! I need to backtrack and find your last post! Yay for Quinn and Rohan!!! I am so happy they are parents again:) The names of their girls are absolutely beautiful too and they are precious. I always enjoying seeing Beowoof :)
    @metior_ice Thanks for posting your experiments about owning a grocery store! Not gonna lie, I am very interested in building one for my sims families. The store looks great!
    Also- I did see your question about Dante. Thanks for liking him too!! I have not pursued the good vampire aspiration with Dante. He’s still really young, in his twenties, and identifies more with his mermaid heritage. He tries to hide his vampiric side from his friends and family. He’s more interested in pursuing his career and improving the environment on the islands. His vampire father, Eddie, is like minded. They are more in line with the beach bum aspiration lol.
    @keidra I have been watching your sims videos on YT. They are awesome! Your monarchs look amazing too! I have not played with that mod yet…
    @lucy_henley I can’t wait to see the Matsumoto’s legacy in Sulani!

I haven’t really played or posted on the Gallery much but I managed to drop into the Morecombe family this past weekend. I missed seeing Griffin and his family. Apparently he had a really bad day at work, he lost a legal case today, hence the bad mood. jJzeAQr.png

Graduating Vampire High
    Last time I played him he played the batty matchmaker and set up his vampire scion, Bjorn Bjergsen up with Bella Goth. They really hit it off and are now dating. Griffin turned Bella into a vampire years ago. They have a good relationship. She was recently widowed and lives with her children and grandson in Willow Creek. czpPvIs.png
    Griffin has the romantic trait and loves to see all his friends and family in successful relationship. Bjorn wants to move in with Bella, and Griffin is definitely ready to let him go. Griffin and Bjorn get along really great, but Bjorn is like a giant teenaged boy and its hilarious seeing Griffin parenting him lol. But Griff has his hands full with 3 kids of his own. xrTI8ap.png
    Bjorn needs to become sun proof before Griffin can let him safely move out. Because we all know that fool will let himself go up in sunlight flames if he’s left on his own lol. He has enough trouble doing that here lol QZNGTU5.png
    Griffin ups the ante on his vampiric training. NPk6iT2.png
    Bjorn finally read all the training manuals and I spammed all vampiric socials and also spammed the vampiric sparring under the friendly social menu. This is the best way to go up the vampire skill tree and accrue points. It doesn’t negatively impact their relationship or reputation and they get a LOT of points wSjin3d.png
    Finally! He’s a prime master vampire and has enough points to become sunproof!! Yay! He was finally able to move in with Bella AzeYjzW.png

Family Business
    Meanwhile Griffin has been busy with his own family. Bjorn had brought his youngest daughter Elsa when he moved in.
    Lucas and Marla are both great kids and enjoy bonding together. None of Griffin’s kids have the same mom (what can I say-dude gets around lol) and none of them inherited his vampire traits.
    Lucas, the oldest, was turned into a spellcaster by his uncle Simeon. He enjoys practicing his magic skills and is a major animal nut. I have a feeling he might grow up to become a vet! ocxrWbe.png
    A bit of a romance has developed between Lucas and Elsa. Vs9k2XQ.png
    She has since moved in with her dad and his new girlfriend. I have a feeling Lucas is going to miss Elsa. 5xcKPda.png
    Little Marla’s mom is a mermaid. So is Marla. She’s a cute kid and is very creative, but she’s happiest playing on the swingset with her brother Lucas. UFFg5Th.png
    The middle child, Lisette, is rapidly becoming the Goth kid. She’s a mermaid too (mom was from Sulani). Lisette is going through a distant phase and is very antsy. She hates being around her family and spends most of her time playing video games in her room. j9btQAp.png
    She is best friends with Elsa and they like to play chess together. uhdtwQ9.png
    Griffin is still head over heels in love with his latest girlfriend, Hillary. She’s in her very very early twenties. I have a feeling they may plan on expanding their family! bYBUcjX.png
    I love Hillary. She’s always in a great mood and is very nurturing. Also another reason to kick Bjorn out, because he kept trying to flirt with her and kept throwing up whims to flirt with her. Not on my watch Bjorn.
    The family has pets thanks to Lucas. A dog named Shadow and incoming raccoon, Rocket. I now have room since Bjorn and Elsa moved out. But since Cottage Living dropped and Lucas discovered the presence of chickens, he begged for a coop! So Griffin set up a chicken coop in the backyard. The kids love the chickens but Hillary has become obsessed with her new flock. cS6tG6O.png
    Grocery Shopping!
    And I love the new grocery delivery feature! Mqj9NMH.png

• Options
    edited October 2021
    @sarabeth2984 My state is also hitting record highs with new COVID cases. I'm a Floridian. Our Governor has also been very irresponsible when it comes to COVID policies. He lifted the mandates as early as he could and before the state was clear of new COVID Cases. I wouldn't be surprised if the Delta Strain mutated from a COVID strain in my state. It was given the chance to do so.

I feel your concerns. I have immediate family members that would not do well if I brought the viruses home. I can say that, in spite of our governor, people are going back to wearing masks and social distancing in increasing numbers. It's slow and most people are still choosing to not wear masks. Some people that are anti-vaccine have finally seen their importance. I'm hopeful. I just wish 500,000 people didn't have to die to change someone's mind. We, as the human race, should know better at this point.

Anyways, I love your Dante. And, I'm excited to see more of him!

The Pink Tail Prince: Meanwhile in Henford-On-Bagley

I'll start with sharing a few of my sims from previous rotations. In a way, it feels like this world was inactive, almost lost, until I started playing in it. I kinda feel that way about most of the worlds that haven't been visited or explored. In a way, each of the mermen that make up the Elder Heirs are like a connection to Sulani that brings the worlds to life.

Calum Zalrian and Reef Kailani visited Finchwick during a thunderstorm. The two mermen are storm chasers, so it wasn't a surprise to see them.

51381807186_d317d753d7_h.jpg

Both of the older mermen were not sublte about their mermadic origins, and there are still places to swim. They definitely did not look like they were from this world.

51382548619_0b7cb4e4e8_b.jpg

Nui also visited Finchwick. Helios, his younger brother, is a huge gardener. ( I really love Helios's Flower Garden that enters full bloom in the Fall. I'm sure Nui was looking for something to give his brother to help with the Gardening.)

51381807126_3adcd1878b_h.jpg

It does not surprise me that a descendent of the Blue Tail Elder would be the first to find another Elder Heir.
    (Calum and his Brother, Kemps, aren't Heirs because they did not inherit their Father's Blue Tail. Kemps is the acting Elder of the Mua Pel'Am Pod because the Elder Council was destroyed by the Darkfins. The Elders' Heirs were lost across the worlds. I want to say that the original Blue Tail Elder was a merman. Calum and Kemps inherited their mother's tail. Their mother died with their father. Merfolk can't die from old age, but that doesn't mean they are immune to death. Juniper inherited his father's tail, but Juniper isn't a natural born merman. Juniper just ate mermadic Kelp. He's the Earth Elemental of Plants and the Child of the Sun, so he couldn't have inherited the Merfolk Elder Tail color. Ember and Jade aren't mermaids. So, Ember and Jade won't be passing on the gene. As long as Juniper remains a merman, he could pass on the Ancient Blue Tail Gene.

The Twins, Dylan and Zephyr, are Elder Heirs because Arihi's Ancient Sulani Bloodline in combination with Calum's Ancient Merfolk Bloodline caused a resurgence of the the Ancient Merfolk Gene. )

51381807111_90a86d73c2_b.jpg

Kylen is often an entertainer at various venues. He had a gig at the Bar in Finchwick.

51382548919_d926fa2050_h.jpg
    The Kailani's have an Ancient Sulani Bloodline. Kylen and Rylan inherited their Father's Ancient Bloodline and his tail color. The Kailani's were originally a human family that became a family of merfolk. Both of Reef's parents were merfolk, but he still has a connection to the land from his human ancestry. Everyone within the Mua Pel'Am pod are related in some way. As members of the same pod, Calum and Reef are brothers even if they aren't related by blood.

51382819615_aa44ad05c7_h.jpg

Fetu is one of the Wealthy Elites in Sulani. He's evil, and full of negative traits. For whatever reason, he isn't hated by other sims. Anyways, he was telling Calum some kind of rumor. Calum is a nice sim and completely believed him.

51381807046_97a3608bb6_b.jpg

51381807036_433f129980_b.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2021

The Pink Tail Elder Heir: Dating Cecilia Kang

Because of another thunderstorm, Jack sang for tips in the bar.

51382048633_51d359bbbb_b.jpg

All this singing was exhausting, but he needed the money.

51382548609_c14ce5fd9d_h.jpg

Jack's singing attracted the attention of a variety of sims, and the tips piled up.

51382819950_165b221c6a_b.jpg

Jack used the funds to build up his farm, but it still couldn't support everything he hoped to grow.

51382819935_6920d791c2_h.jpg

Jack's Farm started to grow too big to manage on his own. However, Monty came out of retirement to eat the weeds, and the Blue Jays ate the bugs.

51382548909_1a375d09fb_h.jpg
    That weekend, Jack visited Finchwick during the fair. He danced with Thomas and the Mayor. Thomas seemed to have gotten over his sentiment from when his wife cheated on him. The three of them became friends while they danced together.

51382548889_904b03ca63_b.jpg

Thomas: "You seem like a nice guy. A lot of villagers have been needing help lately. Maybe you could help them out."

Jack: "I'd love to."

51382819885_b32a468343_b.jpg

The Mayor welcomed Jack to the community by giving him a gift. She told him that he would have to pay it forward.

51382048348_7b74175ef1_b.jpg

51382819860_409601f66f_b.jpg

Jack offered to help the Grocery Delivery guy first.

Thomas: "This is my daughter's boyfriend, and he needs a little bit help."

Jack: "What can I help you with?"

Rahul: "Have you ever had a dream? I dream of seeing the worlds. Do you think you can help me live that dream through your travels?"

Jack: "I'll do my best to help."

51382819825_996d627627_b.jpg

Jack traveled to the World of Sulani and took some pictures. He gave Rahul the pictures and paid forward the tradition of giving gifts. Rahul loved the pictures.

51381046222_8ac9618f99_b.jpg

Rahul could see that the picture wasn't of the greatest quality, but he was grateful for the gesture.

Rahul: "Thank you so much"

51382048498_a30ebd4744_b.jpg

Another fox, named Bard, came to visit Jack's Farm. Jack approached the fox and began Singing to him. Bard sang with him.

51382060233_c6a639b5b6_h.jpg

After he finished singing with Bard, he went to work planting more crops.

51382832510_36db3908e9_h.jpg

Jack's Farm Bándearg Glen started grow too big, even with the help he received from the animals.

51382060223_898e8c88c3_h.jpg

After becoming friends with Whisper, Jack tried to persuade her to stop stealing from his farm. This didn't go as well as it did with Shadow.

Jack: "Can you stop stealing from my farm?"

51382061358_a8c2bc37e5_h.jpg

Bard tilted his head: "I have no idea what your talking about. I didn't just steal a Blueberry. This blue stain on my lips means absolutely nothing."

51382061353_48bad2fbfb_h.jpg

Jack: "I'm begging you. I'm getting ready to have a chicken coop. Please don't steal from me!"

51382560659_d66f793d48_h.jpg

Bard: "Okay, fine. I won't steal from you. I couldn't eat a baby chick anyways."

51381819696_7e0e04e108_h.jpg

Jack went over to the Blue Jays to pet one. Unfortunately, they noticed his absence and one of them pecked him.

51382560649_1bd4208093_h.jpg

I had it all wrong. The sim I thought was trying to pick up Jack was actually another potential sim Cecilia was cheating on Jack with!
    51386448125_55ca163aaf_c.jpg

Jack was singing for tips again. This time, Landon and Cecilia came over to give tips. Cecilia caught Jack's eye.

51382061308_879740e5d5_h.jpg

And, even though they Mayor was standing there, Jack flirted with Cecilia.

51382061298_55fc37c66c_h.jpg

And he exchanged numbers.

51381059117_5c1952a376_h.jpg

Feeling confident, Jack went in for the bold pick-up line.

Jack: "Your the pearl of my oyster."

51382831250_1776997631_h.jpg

And that's when Landon returned and made things awkward.

Landon: "What are you doing?"

51381819626_d3becc1c3e_h.jpg

Jack didn't notice that Cecilia knew Landon and continued to Flirt with Cecilia. The mayor must've sensed something was wrong and showed up again just in case.

51382061268_c53b614769_h.jpg

Cecilia liked Jack, but things got weirder with Landon there.

51381819611_6cbc5902b4_h.jpg

After tending to his farm, Jack called Cecilia to ask her on a Date. He figured the awkward encounter was just the location and oblivious to Cecilia's flirting.

51381057902_d8ff14ce4d_h.jpg

A new venue opened in town. The lounge was just a little faster pace than the bar but slow enough for the village.

51382061248_6384cb8d8a_h.jpg

Halfway through their date, Jack started dancing with Cecilia. The two of them got along very well.

51381819556_da846e712f_b.jpg

When Jack complimented Cecilia's appearance, another guy walked in on them. Jack had no idea that this guy had a crush on Cecilia.

51381819536_404fcac5ca_h.jpg

And even though the signs were all around him, Jack only had eyes for Cecilia.

51382060173_efc0ed9a28_b.jpg

Jack had no idea why things were getting awkward again. Cecilia admitted that she didn't know either.

51381058977_9f07c2c382_h.jpg

Random guy: "Are you really playing this game now?"

Jack didn't know what he meant and Cecilia had a coy smile.

51382561729_9d020a77ba_h.jpg

After the random guy left, another guy walked in. Cecilia distracted Jack by flirting with him.

51382832310_d2a8533a64_h.jpg

(Jack, you love sick fool. I wish I noticed the signs sooner. You deserve so much better, but you had your entire heart focused on Cecilia. I thought you would be good together.)

51382061153_6703f2bfe5_h.jpg

Jack had a deep conversation with Cecilia and developed a deep connection with her. In his mind, she was his missing puzzle piece.

51382831210_21e575978f_h.jpg

The date was legendary and Jack sang his heart out on the Karaoke Machine. The song of choice was Nectar Drinking Land, and Jack was drunk on love.

51381058892_0d16781a8e_b.jpg

The next morning, Cecilia called to ask Jack on a Date.

51382560604_33cffb429e_b.jpg

The two of them found a quite place in the Bar and began flirting.

51381058882_3bca1b2a05_b.jpg

Jack showered Cecilia in compliments. Her pink outfit looked good on her.

51382561664_feea733bb7_h.jpg

Jack went in to make a move.

51382832260_6c13df635c_b.jpg

Jack had no idea that Cecilia was involved with three other guys, but out of all the guys she was associated with, she only had sentiments for Jack.

51382831195_f1117c33d1_h.jpg

Shortly after, Jack and Cecilia both had their first kiss. Cecilia didn't kiss anyone else.

51382832240_aff6677006_b.jpg

The kiss caught Cecilia by surprise. It was possible that Jack was the one. Only he made her feel the way she did. She didn't know what to do. She had three other guys in her life. Jack didn't seem to notice.

51381819441_f959c156d0_h.jpg

When Jack gently held Cecilia's Hands, she got lost in his sea green eyes.

51381819421_876b987e75_b.jpg

Jack and Cecilia officially became Girlfriend and Boyfriend during the date.

Jack: "Gardening is so awesome! You know, I'm building a farm. You should come see it some time."

Cecilia: "I'll have to think about it."

51381819401_bd7d5eddbd_h.jpg

51382832205_4ced63d9c3_b.jpg

When the Date ended, Jack's heart burned for Cecilia even brighter.

51382561609_ea10c150aa_h.jpg

The next morning, Jack started tending to his farm. He had to wake up early if he wanted to do anything in the afternoon.

Jack had a flock of birds move into his lot named the Bándearg Cardinals. Jack sang to them and became fast friends. Cecilia showed up and watched him sing with his enchanting voice.

51381819321_7544e27638_h.jpg

51381058767_4aae5c641d_h.jpg

Just being around Cecilia put Jack in a Flirty mood. He blew a kiss toward Cecilia while she helped to tend to the farm.

51381057742_43d08379a0_h.jpg

Jack started to give away his mermadic nature when he squeaked with excitement. Cecilia thought it was a strange reaction.

51382832150_6f1928fc26_h.jpg

Cecilia complimented Jack's appearance and blew him a kiss.

Cecilia's thoughts: "This relationship is truly a work of art."

51381819276_f9eecc7ea2_h.jpg

51381818331_a50f3ef1e4_h.jpg

Cecilia asked Jack on another date and the two of them sang a Karaoke Duet. Jack sang like a song bird, but Cecilia couldn't sing nearly as well.

51382060083_e7a41af5dc_b.jpg

When the date ended, the two lovebirds embraced before saying farewell.

51381057737_9b3185dd16_h.jpg

Jack's Heart was fluttering in his chest as he sang to Bándearg Cardinals. They agreed to help him with his farm and gave him a gift. Jack started to wake up from the spell he was under with Cecilia.

51381819186_0ccc4910aa_h.jpg

51382060928_87a7e0d4dd_h.jpg

Cecilia still came over to help with the farm.

51382832065_327931b9ae_h.jpg

And Jack was happy to share a kiss.

51382561469_bf1fa0743c_b.jpg

Among the Fireflies, Jack made the dive by committing to Cecilia and Cecilia alone. He sealed the deal according to one of the most Ancient Merfolk Traditions he remembered while dating Cecilia. He gave Cecilia the Breath of Life, a Mermaid's Kiss, and sang his Charmer's Lullaby, giving his heart to her.

51382832040_b6777a6be6_b.jpg

51381058647_60e7b7263b_b.jpg

The evening was magical for Cecilia and Jack.

By the end of the second week, the trees grew back all their leaves and hid Jack's pond once again.

51381819136_1976f73f03_b.jpg

I'm trying to catch up on my posts before I start the next Household in my rotation. It'll be the Green Tail Heir in the world of Brindleton Bay. The last day of Jack's Rotation will be used rebuilding the Undine Emporium in Magnolia Promenade and setting up some of the staff at the stores.
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!! Well, Christmas Eve. You wouldn't be able to tell since they're all living in a nuclear wasteland.....But hey, looks like everyone's just kind of hanging out in the Watchtower today.
    EzplAzY.png
    Elle: "Wow, you look like you're pretty cool."
    pPRJVom.png
    Bleezborg: "Ha ha, I'm not."
    ZTMWNNQ.png
    Blanca wanted a nice glass of scotch when Darrell casually reminded her that her baby is unsupervised in the pool.
    UNlTtGd.png
    If the IRS still exist in the apocalypse I have no doubt that CPS is still out there peeking around the corner, ready to take Juniper the second they notice it's not safe for her in Camp Murder.
    irHe1Sn.png
    Manslaughter: "So Anakin, what are you going to get the Mrs for Christmas?"
    aGyZB7W.png
    Anakin: "Don't know, but I should make it special. I remember I really disappointed her during the last Apocalypse Christmas."
    CSHG5Lo.png
    FLASHBACK!
    Blanca: "Oh boy, I can't wait to see what you got me!"
    PFSnzuo.png
    Blanca: "What on Earth is THAT?!"
    Anakin: "I found you a rotting carcass! I imagine you could use the bones to make yourself a new knife!"
    VagDtg2.png
    FLASHBACK OVER
    Speaking of gifts, we were able to get Juniper this nice stuffed cat.
    f60DeCy.png
    To which she started venting about her problems in her day to day life in the apocalypse. She's probably saying "They literally killed that mutant right in front of me! Have they no consideration for the innocence of children?!"
    qU07v7A.png
    Then she started vandalizing the place.
    pjytPLK.png
    Mario: "Heya kid, don't mind me. Just going to cry under the blanket like normal."
    K954epG.png
    Mario: "Mama Mia."
    0N5PTvw.png
    Mario's depression brings great joy to Juniper and makes her dance.
    5DoCwup.png
    Meanwhile, Blanca decided to plant a kiss on her man.
    Anakin: "You just stabbed my stomach again."
    arB5ZF3.png
    Sonya: "Hey Bleezborg, wanna be impressed?"
    RYP0qb1.png
    Sonya: "Check out my muscles!"
    Bleezborg: "I don't see any actually."
    s1WczE5.png
    Blanca: "You won't actually see any muscles, Sonya's strength comes from pure anger, not hard work. Just compliment her before she kills you."
    pT1XT9s.png
    Bleezborg: "Wowie, you're ripped!"
    gFHADph.png
    Since Anakin built this bathtub, Darrell decided to bathe.......In the nude.
    9uAAyhx.png
    Manslaughter: "Boy, I should go see what's going on in here."
    5jxcddk.png
    Manslaughter: "Even though there's this nice wrecked wall, I'll still go through the door."
    z3Uv0tL.png
    Manslaughter: "That's more Darrell than I needed to see."
    ETTBce9.png
    Later that night, Anakin went to Sonya to see if she could help him find a Christmas Present for Blanca.
    Ns1VxAt.png
    She of course agreed to help as long as they can find something for Mario as well as Sonya is in the same boat here.
    08vKL6I.png
    Sonya: "Aw yeah, Anakin and Sonya Christmas Adventure!"
    ab3Z5Zo.png
    Later....
    Anakin: "Perhaps we can find the true meaning of Christmas in that cave there."
    B5eS1kZ.png
    Sonya: "Well we're certainly not finding the true meaning of Christmas here next to these graves."
    AGnvOPl.png
    Anakin: "Come on Sonya, use your super strength to get that open already!"
    6VaTZWw.png
    It didn't work, so Sonya stared angrily at the boards.
    MaxpNNg.png
    Which worked.....somehow.
    xEp7f36.png
    Sonya: "The power of anger works in mysterious ways."
    sC3pWio.png
    Anakin and Sonya then ventured into the cave to which Anakin was quite astonished.
    Anakin: "Gee wiz, this place looks beautiful!"
    vlvN52X.png
    Sonya: "Pretty sure my sisters were kidnapped here."
    5L2ZUTs.png
    That is when a mysterious man approached them both.
    spTYmXs.png
    Christmas Wizard: "I am the Christmas Wizard, I can help you get the perfect present for your partners! All you have to do is solve my Christmas Riddle."
    Anakin: "A Christmas Wizard?! This is amazing! I'll solve your riddle Mr Magic Man!"
    AWkyR6y.png
    Christmas Wizard: "Alright, here's the first of twenty riddles you must solve. What's white, cold and falls from the sky?"
    jJY9Tzk.png
    Sonya: "This is taking too long."
    a4D4HzI.png
    Christmas Wizard: "ACID?!?!"
    c9iyWVe.png
    Sonya: "I just want presents now!!!"
    8Rwbuk6.png
    Anakin: "Hey look, I found the Christmas Wizard's pile of gifts! It's a Christmas Miracle!"
    966RDbg.png
    Anakin: "I mean....would've been better if you didn't kill him."
    Sonya: "I might be immortal but even I don't have time for that."
    5kNmGSv.png
  • Options
    edited October 2021

The Pink Tail Prince: The Proposal

Jack woke up the next morning and enthusiastically petted his new rooster, Rondo.

51381819121_d25a6d545d_h.jpg

Cecilia came over early and started helping out with the farm.

51381058617_c94ae83574_h.jpg

51382060813_b8740fa1d5_b.jpg

Jack: "Did you know that Fish have underwater castles they live in!"

Thomas: "That's pretty normal for an Aquarium."

51382060798_9bb4343921_h.jpg

And Jack gains a sentiment with Thomas...

51382561344_7d0345c874_n.jpg
    Thomas: "Your fish jokes are so refreshing. Can you believe that people still think slipping on a plantain is funny!"

Jack shook his head and understood. Fish jokes were definitely the way to go.

51381818286_ed4027007e_h.jpg

Later that afternoon, Jack gave Rondo some cuddles. Rondo loved every bit of it.

51381819056_37b648afb2_h.jpg

That night, before bed, Jack started practicing his cooking, so he could give Rahul a chocolate pie, whatever that was.

51381819046_9b06f5e00c_b.jpg

Jack also bought a Hen named Rosa. He hoped Rosa and Rondo would get along. To help them out with the egg laying, he gave Rosa some treats that would make her flirty with Rondo.

51382060768_648132193c_h.jpg

51382831105_7d3969c02a_b.jpg

Jack's new routine, on top of tending to the crops, was making sure Rondo and Rosa had plenty of food.

51382561314_7d960b387a_h.jpg

Cecilia came over to help with the Gardening. Jack didn't mind the company or the help.

51382561304_8fc19e9c1f_h.jpg

Later that day, Jack got struck by lightning tending to the Catnip plants. Shadow, and a new fox, Whisper, were arguing through the fence. Shadow didn't like seeing another fox trying to steal from his friend.

51381058512_93e7488bf0_h.jpg

51381058502_03ef879e61_h.jpg

During the thunderstorm, Jack cleaned himself up and asked Cecilia if she could move in with him. Cecilia agreed.

51381058497_09a3d5348a_b.jpg

Jack slept in the pond, and Cecilia slept in a bed.

51382560459_c0905a0411_b.jpg

51381818976_19be2c7db2_h.jpg

Cecilia woke up before Jack and helped with the chores. She started by feeding the chickens.

51382831850_1d5450d022_h.jpg

And Cleaned the Bándearg Retreat Holly the Llama lived in.

51381058482_90d8d83c1b_h.jpg

51381818261_3db5d4d8c0_h.jpg

Cecilia was feeling very energized, so she also went to work pulling the weeds.

51382561249_5a88d816dd_b.jpg

Peter's family moved into the Bándearg Hideaway.

Peter: "What'cha Looking at! And yeah, I invited my family to live with me. Have a problem with that?"

51382060688_685d8c03cd_h.jpg

Rondo ran over as quickly as his legs could carry him.

Rondo: "He's telling a joke. I can't miss this!"

Jack: "What did the fishy say to the Jelly?"

Rondo: "I can't miss this. I can't miss this."

Jack: "I shall call you squishy and you shall be my squishy!"

Rondo: "Did I miss the punchline? Brambles!"

51382560439_fd2df30ff7_h.jpg

While jack harvested the crop, Cecilia ran over to a random guy and tried to flirt.

51382831790_eecf43174b_h.jpg

Random guy number three was unflirty and it failed.

51382561194_3fc16688e1_b.jpg

Jack didn't notice anything because he was busy helping a rooster chick named Thanatos hatch.

51382059978_de61797a83_h.jpg

51382060673_e7b06000a9_h.jpg

51381818906_fe615496eb_h.jpg

Tomorrow was the day before Love Day and Jack had big plans for their next date. Jack Serenaded Cecilia and hugged her before leaving to sell some of the crop.

51382831750_bad3a474b2_h.jpg

51381058407_74d73fca60_h.jpg

Cecilia stopped Jack to whisper in his ear. Cecilia had Jack wrapped around her finger, but it was getting harder to hide her relationships from him. In spite of all of Cecilia's faults, she loved Jack more than anyone else.

51381818246_0bd3b8fa02_b.jpg

The Cobblestone Glen Lounge had a booth for farmers to sell their goods. Jack used it to raise funds for the grocery he planned to buy.

Jack: "Come one, come all. Flowers in many different colors! Yellow, Yellow, and more Yellow!"

51381058382_15a16cc183_b.jpg

At the start of his sale, a bunch of people came to see what he had. However, they left quickly.

Jack: "Was it something I said? There's some purple now?"

51382059948_151e1ac581_h.jpg

Jack chatted with Handlebar Mustache Guy while Landon, boyfriend number one, watched from afar in jealousy. Landon didn't have the nerve to confront Jack.

51381058352_a63ddcb8f7_h.jpg

Jack made one last sales pitch before packing up for the night: "I have flowers in the color red, yellow, white, and purple! What do you say? Want to buy a flower? Love Day is right around the other reef."

51381058302_786709176c_h.jpg

That morning, Jack lost track of the time and sang on the karaoke machine.

51382831655_6703666c9d_h.jpg

One of Jack's new chores around the farm was tending to Holly the Llama.

51382060528_1566541624_b.jpg

Jack went to sheer Holly's wool, but Holly wouldn't have it. She needed some socializing before she would allow jack to sheer her wool.

51382560999_fecb04bf47_b.jpg

51382831615_2a632838cc_b.jpg

Jack choose to be patient with Holly and fed her by hand, to reassure her.

51382560984_1a1df56609_b.jpg

Jack gave Holly maximum back scratches.

51382560379_6223504f3d_b.jpg

And, Jack hugged her.

51382060498_29ac1705f0_b.jpg

With all of Holly's needs satisfied, Jack was able to sheer her wool.

51382060483_2cbb49510c_b.jpg

Before he went to tend to the Chickens, Jack asked Holly if Llamacorns existed. Holly left it a mystery.

51382060473_a7648b21f9_b.jpg

(At this point, I feel really bad for ignoring Landon. I think he was trying to warn Jack)

Here's Random Guy number four.

51382560869_e8d7d6810b_c.jpg

Cecilia still had a way of keeping Jack distracted. After Jack did all the chores, she gave him a back massage.

51381057517_400f4868aa_h.jpg

Jack asked Cecilia out on a Love Day Date. Jack was enamored.

51382831475_f5d41daa51_b.jpg

The feelings were mutual. Both of them truly liked each other.

51382560849_20c2d77c12_h.jpg

And, Jack's heart burned for her.

51382831010_deaf2b5aab_h.jpg

Jack was feeling confident and gave Cecilia a suave kiss.

51381818631_293b33f1d1_b.jpg

Cecilia caressed his cheek.

51382560814_a43026cfb0_h.jpg

Jack decided that this was the perfect time to propose and Cecilia naturally said yes.

51381058102_6156734444_b.jpg

51382831425_31a71f84a1_b.jpg

But, all dreams come to an end when we wake up.

Random Guy Number Two's Thoughts: "I so sick. I can't watch this anymore."

Random Guy Number Two: "Cecilia, you remember me, right?"

51382830990_c024c83045_b.jpg

Cecilia thoughts: "I really wish Jack wasn't here right now."

51381058052_688bd9d301_h.jpg

Jack's thoughts: "What does he mean? Why is he here?"

(I low key love how the Elders in this town find the perfect moments to show up, as if they are prepared to use their experience to defuse a hostile situation.)

51382560759_50f9af5a62_h.jpg

And then, Random Townie Guy Number Two did what the other three couldn't. He straight up flirted with Cecilia in front of Jack and revealed Cecilia's true colors on the spot.

51382560749_cb77c8ffac_b.jpg

Cecilia tried to wave it off, but this caught Jack's attention.

Ian Moody: "Now, son, don't let your emotions get the better of you."

51381818106_f4ddeecc98_b.jpg

51381058032_239f0bd67e_z.jpg

Jack's head was swirling with emotions, but he gave one last thing a try. Love Day had a tradition he loved. It was the Giving of Flowers, and Jack grew a rose just for Cecilia. He offered this rose to Cecilia as a Romantic gift.

51381058017_9034316fdc_b.jpg

51381058022_0fc8fda148_h.jpg

Jack was dumbfounded when Cecilia gave back the gift as a romantic gesture. A pretty note didn't save her, and now, Jack finally saw the real Cecilia. He wouldn't fall for more of her games.

51382560719_a15b88fa9f_h.jpg

51382831330_6e6dc00196_n.jpg

Jack: "I need some space. It's not you. It's me."

(Jack's too kind. It was totally her.)

51381057972_28de3cce3c_b.jpg

51382830970_0530c93c45_h.jpg
  • Options
    When Jack broke up with Cecilia, it reminded me of someone so angry that they can't look angry. Instead, his emotions are so chaotic that he's smiling.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    After reliving Jack's story, I think Cecilia was lucky to have a chance with him, but I will not be giving her a second chance.

Edit: Right now, they are girlfriend and boyfriend. I'm thinking that I might leave that alone until the next rotation. I'm curious to see what happens while I'm not playing them.

Final Edit: I'm still torn about their relationship, and I'm hoping that Cecilia will get her act together. She has until Jack's next rotation, and if jack has one negative sentiment, she will receive a visit from Damion.
  • Options
    KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    edited August 2021
    Did some makeovers and made a few new townies so NPCC doesn't run out of Sims to pull.

1.jpg
    He ended up looking like my boyfriend kind of. I named him Nikolai Wyman. Active, snob, perfectionist, geek, genius.
    2.jpg
    This one is Caden Sullivan, jealous, clumsy, non-committal, music lover, perfectionist, I'm pretty sure he needs a therapist. But I mean. He started out purple. >>

3.jpg
    This nice guy was in my game long before now, the game generated him for gardening or something, so I just fixed him, Vaughn Schreiber, freegan, good, vegetarian, cat lover, jealous.

4.jpg
    Phoenix Takahata, no he wasn't built off Kiyoshi Ito he was randomly generated. Dog lover, dance machine, clumsy, ambitious, proper, he sounds so cute eek.

5.jpg
    This is Nina Caliente.

6.jpg
    And this one's Dina.

7.jpg
    Katrina.
    Go figure, they're actually fairly pretty if you bother with them. lol

8.jpg
    And this is Nancy Landgraab.

Probably also going to start posting my royalty play on my YouTube channel ( user/foreverxburn ) because that's pretty much all I'm playing right now and I ran out of pre-recorded material lol
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    @sarabeth2984 Get well soon. :) It doesn't sound like an experience which you could recommend. I had the real flu when I was younger, but since then I had never a high temperature again @Metior_Ice Yes, same here in Germany, the people don't even care anymore, since many of them have their vaccine and around 15 % who don't want get the shot (but make loud trouble). And with the upcoming vote next month, it just goes worse every day, because none of the politician want to make an unpopular decision now and ignore the scientists. People wanted their holiday in the sunny south, and who dares to stop them (well we had already started a revolution, when we couldn't travel abroad). However the cases rise again, oh wonder. Nobody had expected this. :# When I think back on the jokes about the bad year 2020, the year 2021 is even worse. Now, after the events of the last days, the far right party have their favourite topic back, I fear they will gain more vote because of that.

@Metior_Ice again. Too pity that the relationship didn't work.

@Keidra I left you a subscription. :)

Regarding youtube in general, I made the error to put a comment under a jamesturner video and another user felt challenged to told me who the "real" mayor is. I just thought, what do you want from me? The vid show the mayor and how sould I know what happened to the old mayor, it was not my game. I'm still wonder what this person wanted from me, so I turned off the notification afterwards.

Okay enough of complaining, back to my game.

The seventies.

I made an apartment in a seventies style, except the bathroom which is still in the 1950s. Apartmentblocks won't renovate too much.

This is the house from outside (not the fancy Fachwerkhaus, that's the nightclub).

Oi2sZG7.png

Living room

bHTS4I7.png

bedroom

QQFsCB9.png

Both rooms I have uploaded on the gallery. But I really do love the kitchen, which I don't want to upload because of the dozen of cc-items.

FukMGpp.png

Most memorial/ discussed topic was the kneefall in warsaw from Willy Brandt. People over 60 years and und 30 years agreed with this gesture, the rest had heavy disagreed. In the fifa world cup Germany reached the third place, with Gerd Müller as one of the best player. He has died three days ago. As I wrote already, I'm not much a soccer fan, but I still know his name.

Three are a crowd. 1970 the matchmaking paragraph was reformed, unmarried couples older than 21 years are allowed to live together in an apartment now. Well, you don't have to told this twice to Erika.
    i1zIZV6.png

Fabian asked her if she want to move in and of course she said yes.
    voZsIlU.png

Erika has now a level 10 cooking skill.
    4HzGqVT.png

She is still studying, while Fabian became a police officer, to earn some money.
    dg9rm0G.png
    pQwA9k1.png
    Both love to talk eachother in the kitchen.
    g2T9UTk.png
    qHQHSpu.png

They shared the bed happily.
    3G3CKiE.png

And suddenly 1970 was over.
    zHrwkSV.png
    ZuNfUZS.png
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    @Daravi The relationship really didn't work out between Jack and Cecilia Kang, but I'm still a little surprised by how many different guys she was cheating on. I think I'll wait and see what happens between them, but there's a very good chance that I'll be making a sim fresh out of CAS or through the 100 merbaby challenge for Jack.

Cecilia and all her different affairs will end up getting aged up and retired at the very least.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Diego Lobo continues his life of partying, painting, and "dating."
    Including this cute repairman who came to fix the talking toilet.
    repairman.png

The next day, the dishwasher broke. Diego is smiling though. Because he knows who to call.
    dishwasher.png
    Also there was Rhett Lockett (!! That's a random name) ... Diego wasn't necessarily too quick to chase him out in the morning, but then he decided to head out the door right after waking up. Maybe this one will be a little harder to get.
    rhett-leaving.png

Hinata, the married neighbor who'd really been hitting on Diego last rotation and then stayed in his bed until his bladder failed, asked to stop by. Diego tried to greet him at the door with a kiss. Rejected. Hinata explained that they couldn't carry on any longer. That's right, Diego, not everything is easy all the time...
    no-kiss.png

Diego is writing a lot of books about art. I posted these titles in the book title thread too but here they are.
    book-titles.png

Victor invited him to an outdoor dance party in a thunderstorm. Victor, what?
    lame-outing.png

Jesminder stepped on his mural.
    jesminder-stepped-on-mural.png

Redid his bedroom a little because he got bored of the decor in there... I still don't think I did it snobby enough but it's closer
    bedroom.png
    When your best friend is a critic and you try to play the piano at his house... he gets out the notebook.
    review.png

• Options
    @mightysprite I'm glad Jack isn't the only one struggling with dating. Only, I think they are in different roles.

And yeah, outdoor parties in a thunderstorm. It almost makes it worth it to be able to change the weather on a whim.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited November 2021
    Episode 6

Conversations Overheard at the San Myshuno Flea Market

MIKO: I’m so glad you guys agreed to meet me here, ever since Akira moved out, well, it just isn’t nearly as much fun. He loved the Flea Market, he’s a bit of a nut about collecting stuff.
    TRAVIS: He’s a hoarder you mean. Jeannie might have mentioned that a time or two. (chuckles)
    LIBERTY: This from the man that has a pile of old hard drives sitting on his bedroom floor. Hey, I hope you don’t mind, but I invited Marcus to join us?
    TRAVIS: Wha……?
    MIKO: Oh, great! The more the merrier, I say.
    LIBERTY: There he is now. (waves)
    Y625ix1.jpg
    Travis seems unhappy that Marcus is joining them.

LIBERTY: Marcus, I’m so happy you could come.
    MARCUS: (presenting a rose) For you, lovely lady.
    LIBERTY: (taking the rose) Thank you, that’s so sweet of you.
    MARCUS: And thank you for askin’ me to join you and your friends, it’ll be a good chance to get ta know ‘em better. And I’ll jump at any chance I get to spend more time with you. You just say how high.
    LIBERTY: I swear, you say the nicest things, I’m not used to that, but I could definitely get used to it.
    (Marcus grins)
    rCcXO7G.jpg
    Marcus gives Liberty a rose.

TRAVIS: I understand you’re unemployed, not much demand for a farm hand in the city, I guess.
    MARCUS: Well, sir, that’s a fact. But I ain’t afraid of hard work and I’m good with my hands, so I’ve got a job doing construction. A feller learns to be mighty handy on a farm.
    TRAVIS: Oh….
    MARCUS: See, I ain’t afraid to get dirty, and I never, ever backed off from a fight neither. If you get my drift.
    TRAVIS: What’s that supposed to mean?
    MARCUS: Just lettin’ you know, I’m a man who don’t shy away from goin’ after somethin’ I want. See, I was brought up to believe that the Watcher likes a feller who looks out after hisself. Who ain’t afraid to stick his neck out and get hurt, then again I ain’t planin’ on it neither.
    TRAVIS: Well, my friend, as the saying goes, “a man makes plans and the Watcher laughs”.
    cFCJtMh.jpg
    Travis and Marcus have an unpleasant conversation.

heSVNA7.jpg
    Travis dines alone.

3UyG101.jpg
    As the Flea Market ends, Liberty and Marcus share their first kiss, while Travis looks away.

Conversation Overheard at Dock Den
    ieezOIi.jpg
    Travis visits his friend Joaquin

TRAVIS: Why the big secret? I don’t get how the two of you carried on all this time and didn’t tell anyone. Or how you even kept it from getting around in the first place. Were friends, dude, you should’ve told me.
    JOAQUIN: It was Summer’s idea. I think at first, she was kind of hedging her bets, so to speak. Let’s face it, Travis, she’s way out of my league, I know that, I bet you’ve been thinking the same thing yourself.
    TRAVIS: Well, yeah, kind of, maybe, but to tell you the truth, I was in way over my head with her and Liberty both, so people who live in glass houses and all….
    JOAQUIN: The thing is, she fell in love with me. I’m not sure how or when it happened, I mean, I fell head over heels for her from the get-go. So I was caught---hook, line and sinker from the very start.
    TRAVIS: I think there was always a part of me that knew we weren’t meant to be. We’re friends and it should’ve stayed that way, but my ego, I guess it was so flattering to have two women interested in me for the first time in my whole life, that I let it go to my head. Jeez, I sound a lovestruck teenage girl. Sorry.
    JOAQUIN: OK, I’m just going to say it. It’s not too late for Liberty. You two have so much in common and that’s a really good place to start, you know?
    TRAVIS: There’s Marcus. Everyone thinks he’s so sweet and nice, with that ‘aww shucks mam’ malarkey he spreads around like manure. But he’s not fooling me, something just doesn’t quite..ring..true.
    JOAQUIN: Travis, you are eaten up with jealousy.
    TRAVIS: What!
    JOAQUIN: Oh, buddy, I been there, I mean it, I’ve been where you are right now myself. It takes one to know one. Seriously, if you let Liberty get away from you without doing anything, well, you’ll regret it for the rest of your life. Carpe diem, Travis.
    TRAVIS: (sighs) Maybe, but then, what if it’s too late?
    JOAQUIN: Then you can step aside for that Marcus like a gentleman and get on with your life. Just, please, take my advice, don’t give up without a fight, OK?
    TRAVIS: (sighs again) It may come to that, I think that Marcus is actually hoping for a physical fight, to be honest.
    JOAQUIN: (makes chicken clucking sound and flaps his arms) Bok, bok, bok.

Conversation Overheard at Garden Essence
    6PaOf8L.jpg
    Liberty and Travis eat leftovers.

LIBERTY: We’re sure going to miss Summer’s cooking. Even her leftovers are better than anything you or me could make fresh. (sighs)
    TRAVIS: OK, Liberty, I want to tal.. I mean, I want to say something, please, just let me get it all out first, then you can have your say, OK. (Liberty nods) I’m a dumb-a**. I know I’ve been acting like a fool, like, I’ve had my head up my a**, I totally get that. But, the thing is, I’m…uh...in love with you. I’m not perceptive about stuff like that, so I was kind of out to sea this whole time. And, yes, it took Marcus Rowan to make me realize it. I’m so jealous of him I can’t see straight. I know I have no right, but I would really like the chance to date you, to show you how much I ca..….well…that I’m in love with you.
    LIBERTY: Oh……..
    TRAVIS: And you can totally take your time, I get that I deserve it. I mean, I just would really like it if..
    LIBERTY: (interrupting) Stop talking! It’s like in that movie, “you had me at hello”.
    KBFOvcR.jpg
    Liberty and Travis share their first kiss.

Conversation Overheard at the Humor and Hijinks Festival

LIBERTY: So the thing is, well, I love Travis, I have for a long time and he loves me. I’m sorry if I led you on, I guess I was so flattered by all the attention you paid me, plus, I was tired of Travis Scott stringing me along. Any woman would be so lucky to have you Marcus…………
    MARCUS: You can hush up now, I know how this ‘let’s just be friends speech goes’, I heard it a few times, and honest injun’, I gave it a time or two myself.
    LIBERTY: Right. I wish I could have asked your advice first. I’ve never been on either side of this before.
    MARCUS: You did just fine, you looked mighty pitiful and all tellin’ me. That takes some of the sting out of it, not much, but some…..(pause) But, Liberty, I want you to be sure that this is what you want. ‘Cause I don’t hold with a feller’ who dallies around with love like that Travis did. It ain’t right to play with a girls affections like that.
    LIBERTY: Oh, Marcus, you are so sweet. And you are so up front all the time, and not afraid to talk about your feelings. I wish more men were like you, but they aren’t. A lot of men, like Travis, for example, are not much good at showing or expressing their feelings a lot of the time. But in spite of that, well, I love him. I’ve been in love with him for along time now. And I know a lot of his faults, but I know a lot of his good qualities too. And they outweigh his faults by ‘a country mile’ as you’d say.
    MARCUS: All right, I know when I’m licked. Still, iffin’ he don’t treat you right, you just let me know and I’ll be right happy to knock some sense into him. You deserve a man who treats you right, Liberty, I mean that.
    LIBERTY: Oh, wow, you are really good at this. I mean, you’re really hard to break up with, Marcus.
    MARCUS: Yes ‘um, I was aimin’ for that.
    QtLIc2d.jpg
    Liberty breaks up with Marcus.

@Keidra Heavens, what a lot of genetically favored monarchs you have there! Lot’s of politics to contend with as a ruler, “heavy is the head…….

@Becka28 I find parties and weddings are great for introducing some drama into my games too.

@Lucy_Henley I remember your sims, going off to college and meeting their husbands, now it’s their kids turn, huh?

@sarabeth2984 Wow, your premades are way different from mine, lol! How odd that the regular flu seems so blasé in these days of Covid, but I’m glad you are getting over it, I had the flu once and was unable to move for 4 whole days.

@Metior_Ice I moved from Florida to another state further north earlier this year, don’t miss the politicks, but I imagine this winter I will mss the weather. I’m not a fan of cold, ice, or snow! Plus, a merman farmer!

@DoodlyDoofus Oh my, Christmas in the Post-Apocalypse, huh?

@Daravi We have a lot of people in the USA who don’t or won’t get the vaccine. This month alone I know two people who passed away from regular Covid. And now the Delta Variant is taking hold. The 70’s, all I remember about that era is bell bottoms and disco!

@mightysprite Deigo is always gay in my games too.

Post edited by sunblond on
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    @sunblond Yeah, time flies in the Sims! I think I’ll pause aging whilst the Matsumoto triplets go to university, otherwise it takes up the entire YA stage. I haven’t decided what degrees everyone will do, though. Anne and Lucy were the first Sims I’d ever sent to university, and they didn’t always do so well in their classes. I’ve sent others to university since and they’ve done much better. Actually, I think I’ll have Sakura do Fine Arts like her mum did as she’s an aspiring painter, but I’m not sure about the other two. Arisa is into logic and Keiko is into fitness.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top