Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    @LonelyWolfTales Aww, thank you so much for taking the time to read my thread! I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed it :) I always second guess myself when I upload updates on here because I'm not really a storyteller, but I like to play The Sims and share it. I'm glad my updates are entertaining enough to keep a reader! Now that I've expressed my gratitude, my reply is in the spoiler!
    Yes! I agree, River is such a genuinely good guy, and he treats Dallas so well! It's interesting how the game forces situations on us players sometimes. River was never meant to be a main character in my gameplay, but now he has a starring role because he naturally cares so much about Dallas. There may or may not be some love in the air between the two in the near future, but for now, they are the best of friends! I'll have to catch myself up on your story. I've read some of your replies to others, specifically regarding backstories, and I would love to read those if you choose to come out with them for your characters. I'm looking forward to catching myself up!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,145 Member
    I finally made my Chewie to add on for my Smuggler Cousins Household.
    And I updated my Skywalker Household a bit.
    They are revised along with their homes in the Gallery under SEREFRAS if any simmer likes SIFI fun. :pB)
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,978 Member
    So prom didn't work for some reason. I got the notification that it was happening, thought I clicked the tick button... nothing. Tried sending all the teens (Artemis and Apollo are also now teens) to the auditorium, it was all decorated for prom but no-one was there. Ugh. I know some people have had prom glitches in the past, but the past two worked fine for me. Maybe it was because the Romance Festival was on, or because there was a little "Friends Hangout" event happening in the house, and normally you can't travel during those.
  • Options
    _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    @LonelyWolfTales
    Whoa, everyone is being mean! Too bad the first locals your sims ran into were one of the close-minded families. D: Then again, the whole conversation about Mikkel confused me terribly, too... not that it isn't to be expected, of course. Now I'm very, very curious about Mikkel's alien heritage, their culture, how fast their kids are expected to grow and grasp adult concepts... that sort of thing :P (But I have a sneaking suspicion that Mikkel might just like being called a he because everyone else in the family is. It might not be like that, of course, but the possibility is there.)
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,954 Member
    @_Gina
    The bush needs to be inside or else it will freeze!
    Thanks, I understand now. Your Sims mentioned that but for some reason I didn't believe them. :sweat_smile: I hadn’t realized that that plant freezing was possible.

Thanks for your comments about my legacy as well! You're quite right that loving someone won't suddenly make them psychic. Hopefully, the next time Adelise or Asher makes a mistake, there will be clear communication, no grudge sentiments, and no drama.

@GalacticGal
    @haneul I just read your Sangfroid chapter. Very well written, entertaining and you made me feel for Adelise. She has quite the dilemma going on. I do hope she made the right decision. :)
    Thank you very much. From your posts around the forum I can tell that you value good storytelling, so your comment means a lot.

@Karababy52
    Thanks again for including a link to your story. I've read the introduction, the concept and the options on where to start. It looks like the kind of story one should start from the beginning to understand instead of jumping into the deep end. Good way to get lost...or drown. When I have a large block of free time, that's exactly what I will do. I'd like to binge read a few other stories here as well. So it will take a bit of time before I can. I hope you understand.
    Thank you! I definitely understand--you don't have to read my legacy at all. It'll probably be easier to understand if you start at the beginning, but the quality of the earlier chapters is different from the quality of the later chapters... The legacy as a whole is also quite long, so I don't want anyone to feel pressured to read all of it. I get that everyone is busy with their games and their lives, so I appreciate any time anyone spends looking at my stuff.

@PlumbobCrossing
    Oh dear, it looks like Eliza is getting into trouble. I agree that she and Thomas are cute together! I just hope they figure out their relationship properly though, without hurting their spouses.

@LonelyWolfTales
    Thanks for your comment about my screenshots. I don't know why the link to my site didn't work, but don't worry about it. I'm really enjoying your posts of your Sims. The detail about Mikkel liking Abigail's ears because it seems like something they have in common is precious, but then it goes so poorly. I don't know why the neighbors can't just let Mikkel have his fun and wear what he wants. Even if he were older their attitude would still be wrong, but picking on a child seems particularly evil.

@jpajari
    I looked through your thread. Dallas and Keaton aged up really well. Even though you don't advertise yourself as having SimLit, you definitely have interesting storylines going on (especially that bit with Wade and Dina--I felt for Darla).
  • Options
    _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    @haneul Heheh, that's very understandable! I mean, that plant technically can't freeze, that is, the game will not do it. But I don't want tropical plants surviving freezing temperatures so... I'd probably just delete it and say it died. XD
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @haneul I loved your update! Really, do you have any published books I can read? Loved the details in the writing!

@LonelyWolfTales Mikkel is so cute. I love seeing new updates with him in them!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,742 Member
    @jparjari Par-TAY That was a fun update.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    So prom didn't work for some reason. I got the notification that it was happening, thought I clicked the tick button... nothing. Tried sending all the teens (Artemis and Apollo are also now teens) to the auditorium, it was all decorated for prom but no-one was there. Ugh. I know some people have had prom glitches in the past, but the past two worked fine for me. Maybe it was because the Romance Festival was on, or because there was a little "Friends Hangout" event happening in the house, and normally you can't travel during those.

My Teens are attending Britechester-U at the moment. I generally decline the pre-prom parties. They're basically boring, for one, but in this case they still had studies to finish before the beginning of their second term. Every minute counts. But you're right, travel during an Event is not allowed. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,994 Member
    edited February 2023
    I'm getting really close to finishing up the next Under The Tartosan Sun. I'm writing the final scene and I will finish it up after I get a bite to eat. This has been an adventure to say the least.🤣 But in a way losing that work has been a blessing in disguise. I made some changes and I'm happier with the final product. Not that I wasn't before, just more so now.😁

I have a lot of catching up to do when I'm finished.
  • Options
    LonelyWolfTalesLonelyWolfTales Posts: 44 Member
    edited February 2023
    @jpajari
    Keaton grew up so handsome! :love: Seems like he had a great birthday party. Also side note, I love how cozy their kitchen looks, the little touches like the cross-stitch and child drawings make it feel truly like home :)

Ah, so River was planned just a side character at first! Funny how those overstep their boundaries quite often and demand for a higher role :D Anyway, whether they stay friends or something else evolves, I'm interested to see how it goes.

I wouldn't call myself much of a storyteller either haha, I just go with the flow and try my best to explain my sims sudden whims, moodlets and interactions. I was a bit uncertain whether I should start sharing my screenshots on the forums, but my friend convinced me it would be fun. Don't regret it the slightest bit! Glad to hear you would like to know the backstory of my sims, I'm already thinking on how to implement it in my game :)

@_Gina
    Thank you for commenting on my post, I always enjoy reading what you have to say <3 Yeah, that was quite a rude encounter! :( Mikkel's race has one neutral gender, by human standards it looks more masculine rather then feminine (not obvious when they're children), but it's still not male per se. And you're right, Mikkel may prefer the he/him pronouns because everyone else in the family has them! As for everything else, I might elaborate later, for now I'll just say that Mikkel is a bit more mature then some may think... and maybe not even just a bit. That been said, he enjoys his childhood.

@haneul
    Thank you for commenting on my post <3 The neighbours are just incredibly old-fashioned, which for my family is not ideal at all :( And perhaps they have issues with accepting their own children, both of which were born with unusual bits. (Abigails ears and Micheal... Well, he has something as well!) Who knows, maybe eventually they'll be able to come around.

@Metior_Ice
    Thank you so much! :)

After that absolute disaster of a visit, I decided my sims deserve a marshmallow feast.
    cKGRe4O.jpeg
    "Well... That was awkward."
    "We should've picked the other village."
    "Who knew this place was so old-school."
    zJthrA2.jpeg

"So apparently Mikkel still attracts attention in his disguise, because we live in a time where some people are still bothered by how children look. Man, I miss my time! Things were more simple back then..."
    "Well since we can't go in your time since we'd have to become immortal and live thirty more centuries, I suggest an easier solution. We keep Mikkel locked up in his room. Forever. Feed him through a cat door. Problem solved."
    "Owen!"
    A42qKcO.jpeg

"Just saying, it's a solution," Owen sniggered.
    mUzTOwa.png

"You... you stood up for him there," Ianto suddenly noticed. "Even though you can't stand him."
    "Well I might hate him, but that doesn't mean everyone is allowed to hate him," Owen scoffed.
    WZf6OS1.png

"He's an annoying, life-ruining, possibly deadly alien, sure, but he's our... annoying, life-ruining, possibly deadly alien."
    "Aww, Owen!"
    "What?"
    EWZ48zC.png

"That might be the nicest thing you said ever since we got here," Ianto smiled.
    MPIPY8t.jpeg

Looking at Owen with absolute adoration, he gently placed his palm on Owen's hand.
    And this might be the nicest gesture you made towards me ever since we got here, Owen sadly thought. Because once again, it was all about Mikkel. Everything was about Mikkel. It almost seemed as if Owen's feelings for Mikkel dictated how Ianto and Jack will feel about him. If he wanted them to love him, he had to love Mikkel. But he couldn't.
    A3qbKak.png

"What can I say, I'm a nice guy," Owen said half-sarcastically, half-hopefully.
    5jTtjXn.jpeg

Ianto didn't reply with anything, but the look on his face was all Owen needed to push the depressing thoughts away and pretend, at least for now, that everything is fine. That darn puppy-eyed look that got them in the mess one may call a relationship.
    NcOb2TI.jpeg

Jack smiled at them. For now, the family was at peace.
    7xYL6ji.jpeg

That is all, happy simming!
    0QLgFGE.png

Edit: forgot to share!! Family photo wall!
    wjRuwWC.png
    Post edited by LonelyWolfTales on
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I've never had an invite to a pre-prom party. It was the actual prom notification at 7pm that popped up. They’ve been invited to the after-party though, although nothing really happens at those. With the first one, everyone else disappeared almost immediately :D:D
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I've never had an invite to a pre-prom party. It was the actual prom notification at 7pm that popped up. They’ve been invited to the after-party though, although nothing really happens at those. With the first one, everyone else disappeared almost immediately :D:D

Wow, I would consider a game repair, if I were you.
  • Options
    @haneul Thank you for reading my thread! I’m glad you liked it :) I really appreciate the compliment on my storylines. It was a nice boost of confidence and made my day! I’ve been slowly catching up on your Fier Legacy. I had to start from the beginning, so I’m not too far in yet, but your writing makes me feel like I’m watching a movie! The concept itself is very intriguing, I’m looking forward to catching myself up!

@GalacticGal Yay! I’m happy to hear you liked my update! Also, I know unfortunate circumstances resulted in another restart of your Erik Cantrell story, but I feel like it was a blessing in disguise. I’ve been able to follow along with his story this time around, and it’s fun to read knowing he’s found himself on the path of success.

@LonelyWolfTales Haha, yes Keaton did age up well — if I do say so myself :D Anyway, I’m glad your friend was able to convince you to share your game with us! The rest of my reply is in the spoiler as it’s story-specific..
    So, I couldn’t stop myself and I peaked into your latest update even though that means I’m skipping ahead a bit from where I left off in your story, but oh my gosh! First off, Mikkel always brings a smile to my face. You really hit the jackpot when you created such an adorable character (at least aesthetically). Second, that moment between Owen and Ianto was so precious! I’m really looking forward to future updates!
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Thank you @jpajari that's so nice to hear. The blessing is also that I will be able to (I do hope, barring anything else untoward) have the experience of the Infants with Erik's first kids. I just keep trying to look at the bright side of it.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • Options
    I’m not hugely bothered by it, the proms can get a little repetitive after a while. I’d like to send Artemis and Apollo to one, but aside from that I don’t really mind.
  • Options
    Actually, I looked up about pre prom parties and they usually happen if your Sim has a number of friends. My Sims don’t have a huge number of friends outside the family, so maybe that’s why.
  • Options
    Actually, I looked up about pre prom parties and they usually happen if your Sim has a number of friends. My Sims don’t have a huge number of friends outside the family, so maybe that’s why.

That is interesting to know. Erik has many friends, if you count his fans, et al. Could be why he's always asked to the pre-party.
  • Options
    I could always stage one myself, I guess! Erytheia started a teen club so I could invite them all over and put them in their formal gear. Artemis and Apollo aren’t part of the club (no space currently) but since they’re part of the household they can take part anyway.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    @haneul She has definitely been a naughty one but she has gotten everything straightened out. She unfortunately divorced Bob but it was best for both of them. They both deserve better. I have lots of good things planned for them. :)<3

I love seeing this and I love you create moments like this in the game. It reminds me of my brother and I growing up.
    H9t9YiN.png

Once again I've got to show a cute photo of Billy. Hehe He doesn't understand video games but loves to watch his big brother anyway.
    YiPujmj.png
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @LonelyWolfTales, page 1100.
    Thank you!
    Canning, weeding, gaming and more!
    This one's a long section.
    Shine decided to do some canning:
    3f208a606afc42cc42a97864c7638d5a360bc4f1.png
    77b9a36dc3925fc8ba9a5abab9905ec0588d8a2d.png
    4d979666b1b694631d62acf113aa3022424f606f.png
    f94e3a7b00d8d78f765948bb6cf8ac34d38cf74d.png
    b7f63d511148061532e87a66c311dd6c7600d664.png
    5b35c65ba01d2655a7315ee801abc613d72509cb.png
    Princess Roddy weeded his plants:
    00ca3959e8d5276618de05796f85e6092a9db2d0.png
    f35b7dfba23e9c1e5aa9123ca29bf06fa53ebde6.png
    144ad530d78e19c7282e8a33af531edc0dfbdb10.png
    ce52759280f334cc9b49141c687466429d774488.png
    8f19697366c1f57496f06540a3df19429e221d6b.png
    Then he played with Eachann:
    25e53b0667a19ca1ac01a2e3fec19716a090b9c4.png
    53aabab8a6daf4d4006e155ff08078d52fd83da9.png
    9bcf45ebe75342f7cf5e4c05cd022e232b0d6870.png
    8c65215afff6bb148f27ae09d1d66c1d3ad837c7.png
    Later, he chatted with his kitten:
    f0be17112c3b793ffeb13ad337f648e9f2452171.png
    d58eaa5a8c2e389a365cef76d9f2e34369ba257d.png
    accc261d800f762f7cb17d2788913c828cec8d1d.png
    Meanwhile, Hamish played Blicblock:
    7f0409d1ae24acd6702ed8f5e2e7dcac1615d447.png
    621715611d99aaffce9aa7104ebe13aebe832a90.png
    916aca0c3a020e7b5085246ad6cb11acfc2a2dd3.png
    Shine received a massage from her amazing husband, Benjamin:
    a9126723939d1489ad35ce268ebbb08ead86325a.png
    27e9f4a37b3ec681cb87aa174fcb3563fe454eb0.png
    1117b54bdf7dd81742b695d4cc3ee2a51325ae08.png
    And a loving smooch on her cheek:
    39a193330e01dddbf950d37b42976c2646c77ae7.png
    They loved each other!
    Time for some sibling affection!
    Sophia went upstairs into Hamish's study. She lovingly glomped him:
    da5890000265807349f2a4fe83ba6bead1488d16.png
    And then she attempted to plant a smooch on her little brother's cheek, much to his annoyance:
    1fbea0d95b77f674f4f63fe7fe59cff83582b701.png
    Eventually, Hamish gave in and Sophia gave her little brother a loving smooch on his cheek:
    539b1025fd2f177b363c54ee127247fd1351c98e.png
    Then she gave him a great, big, loving hug:
    9435deb543e095082e6587568f275767e4d0d7c4.png
    63fd5087bc8a53ffb90d9d902c27765a07ef5183.png
    The two siblings chatted to each other. Then Sophia went downstairs into her bedroom to read. Later, Princess Roddy came over and gave Hamish a loving hug:
    bd29da522a585ac866375c05fed6e498004d2909.png
    He also gave him a loving smooch on his cheek:
    9f2a45b4b50a12b8a364175c74ff7a275a15f4f5.png
    And a loving smooch on his nose:
    7ada13992098be85f9b72478bcdfed6c5f2ee147.png
    The princess gave his little brother a great, big, loving hug:
    b4d66b618a2a279a73ddadd352dd5219d52290ce.png
    The two brothers chatted to each other. Afterwards, Princess Roddy went back downstairs into his room and knitted whilst his kitten, Eachann, slept on his lap.
    Visiting Primrose Hearth!
    Princess Roddy headed over to Willow Creek. He went to Primrose Hearth, the home of Carol Brinson, who was a member of the princess's club, The Order of the Pink. 'Hello dearie! Come in!' Carol said, smiling. Princess Roddy came in. They went upstairs. Carol gave the princess a great, big, loving hug:
    627afaae9e1b8e3538c39044f3c3a2a5d67f211b.png
    'How've you been, dearie?' she asked. 'I've been doing well, as has my kitten, Eachann.' Princess Roddy replied, cheerfully. 'That's good to hear, Roddy!' Carol said, smiling. She batted her eyelashes and made a very great, big kissy face at the princess, which made him giggle:
    972f135aff47fb71d4d078307105f9b56ef31c3b.png
    Then she gave Princess Roddy a very great, big, loving smooch on his cheek:
    d0b85fbf72ce4c18bb64c4a47a1124ca04a3308f.png
    The princess smiled and gave Carol a loving hug:
    e77df78ccebb162ac5604451cfdeaa11d418524d.png
    The pair chatted to each other:
    e94a8f56515ba118de925452c6b38cebc3239565.png
    ae8e5ecbfe53896334a2a4e3718480e2885c08c8.png
    A bit later, Princess Roddy felt tired, so he changed into his masculine sleepwear and climbed into bed, falling fast asleep. Carol came into the guest room. She smiled and tucked the princess in:
    3627a3ad20c2fdca3a015da52374ef236ed64489.png
    Then she gave him a very great, big, loving, bedtime smooch on his temple:
    06ce9052bb44a2f080f84a383227f5c4f44c68fa.png
    'Sweet dreams, dearie. Have a safe journey into the Dream World.' Carol Brinson whispered:
    0131cac6586b8d1be3fe3c1f2fd6fafdf1d4d2e3.png
    She smiled and quietly left the guest bedroom. Princess Roddy slept soundly:
    03be838cff699df06534aa1a6895837168138111.png
    He entered the dream world. The princess gave visitors a tour of his palace, which they very much enjoyed.
    Cuddles from Carol Brinson!
    Princess Roddy woke up after a few sim hours, feeling refreshed:
    893959ddb80826716e1735a3c8d4410a0011d5ea.png
    He went upstairs. Carol Brinson came over. 'Had a nice sleep, dearie?' she asked. 'I had a comfortable sleep, Carol!' Princess Roddy replied, cheerfully. Carol smiled. She gave the princess a great, big, loving and warm cuddle:
    7875de183ee03d9306c102fb157e91fe1c3a1b22.png
    Carol cuddled him tighter:
    922024770040dc90256588f7ba0a9669c2fe4e47.png
    Then she gave the princess a very great, big, loving hug:
    338c81ca76439c7b54f282cbd6987467ba1d415c.png
    Carol batted her eyelashes and made a very great, big kissy face at Princess Roddy, which made him giggle:
    71a4a6a2ab41a2a8425c64e3cc65f3c15060a396.png
    She gave him a very great, big, loving smooch on his cheek:
    05ec557666b28a5919aeffd6aec8e760bf111f7c.png
    And a great, big, loving hug:
    cdb230869fc3616c591cca6f0558a3080f674004.png
    The pair chatted to each other:
    24001e872bfd2f523050e9a0f80354872cc4c8ab.png
    Then Princess Roddy said goodbye and went back to Dianthus Hall.
    Knitting and listening to Baroque!
    Princess Roddy went up to his bedroom. He put his earphones in and listened to Baroque whilst he knitted:
    c34cdcb88a8f411bbc79691c715877c2b2faec00.png
    eca888c591a47e27d473370bf812632842878e0a.png
    f66c51c54a7175e2570aa4e1572546882787c850.png
    c0210b5968b6f31283032bef92577812029416d1.png
    Meanwhile, Eachann went into Shelly Heart's bedroom. Shelly smiled and picked up the kitten:
    da6165daa353d62c0c791694373a7f81baab5c1a.png
    Then she gave him a loving smooch:
    9c31f81aa98e0e78a9b68efb638c9c53d500db0d.png
    fb068c4372d15933f7d1e4e1d362359deea3ebdc.png
    Eachann purred. Princess Roddy was still knitting in his bedroom:
    f18e62097659b2e58d719c0739a37b64f4418d60.png
    At last, he had finished:
    1387e2aac42926b636cf522ddae9825f7e1bfadc.png
    The princess had knitted a strawberry and pink turtle decoration:
    65c7d1475d02bae23d6a77d12de764308794583e.png
    Princess Roddy loved knitting!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,961 Member
    Meg Strachan graduated from high school! And Michael (her dad) had his birthday.
    12-28-22-6-46-19-PM.png
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I've been waiting for the realistic child birth mod to update so I put off playing for a few days. Here's some of what happened yesterday!
    52685328083_bd00cbc0d9_k.jpg
    52684315662_9f90fd21bb_k.jpg
    52685252875_335266b499_k.jpg
    52685252420_530cafc1c3_k.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    @PlumbobCrossing Aww, your screenshots are precious! Sweet family moments hit me in my feels <3

@HillyBeth The realistic child birth mod looks so special! It looks like it adds that realistic touch that brings the pregnancy experience in the game to a whole new level. Aww, congratulations to the happy couple!
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,994 Member
    The latest chapter of Under The Tartosan Sun is ready. Finally!🙂

Dnyzln6.png

Under The Tartosan Sun: Chapter Thirty Six

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top