The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    edited February 2023
    I hit a milestone in my game today!
    Edit: Both proms occurred in my game, so I added all of the pictures into this post.

yT0M0Lo.png
    Dallas and her boyfriend, River, attending their high school prom. The theme was "Hollywood Stars."
    80EtHTD.png
    KnVeCGU.png

lbSjxpw.png
    Keaton and his girlfriend, Lucia, attending their high school prom. The theme was "Into the Void."
    aurm0VP.png
    BH3TRhF.png
    I'm not crying, you're crying! <3
    Post edited by lemonella on
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,992 Member
    Finally got a new chapter! I wrote it in the third person. It may seem a little bit all over the place, but I'd played quite a lot since the last chapter and wanted to summarise it as best as I could.

Chapter Eighteen: Changing Seasons

ZnlK50w.jpg

I appreciate the info about Artemis's eyesight may be a little confusing (and probably rather simplified). Artemis is clever, but she's still young). Funnily enough, I also have shortsightedness (which I believe is called nearsightedness in the US) and astigmatism, and have been wearing glasses since I was ten. When I refer to a football I mean soccer ball (I'm English, remember!), and a rugby ball is shaped similarly to an American football. The bit at the end with Erytheia and Alexander may seem a little random and somewhat "shoehorned in", but I just wanted to include it since I'm really excited to be starting their relationship again!
  • Options
    Bonus little goofy selfie from their prom!

m1qKNKn.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,019 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves Congratulations on the new arrival, and the beautiful wedding!
    As for the question
    I feel like there are a couple options where to go from here.... Having Aeri use the "ask to be just friends" action with Olivia seems like it would do what you most want.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,088 Member

Hmm, this is the only thread where I'm still seeing Rich text. Hopefully this post will clear it and I can have my beloved BB code comment box back.

• Options
    Yay! Oh dear BB code, please, never ever leave again like that!💋

@Daephene
    See Thorne, that's what happens when you run around wanting to be the center of attention. You never know when you're going to draw the wrong attention. Congrats to Morgan and Farrah! It really is exciting to watch your sims walk up get their awards.

@LonelyWolfTales
    Owen didn't learn anything from the last time, but it is so sweet to see Mikkel's determination to thaw Owen's cold heart. Mikkel is one of the cutest, sweetest characters on here and he's become one of my absolute favorites.❤️

@BlueSeaWaves
    It's cuteness overload, and I'm here for all of it. Connie is absolutely adorable. That was a lovely wedding and Aeri and Senna make lovely brides. I think what Aeri did that hurt Senna was they bonked heads when Aeri went to kiss Senna. I vaguely remember the same thing happening when Londyn and Danielle got married.

I would have Aeri ask Olivia to just be friends. Write it off as an unfortunate mistake caused by too many glasses of champagne...and then pray that Olivia or Aeri don't try to rekindle the flames later.🫣

@jpajari Congrats! Those are wonderful pictures. Dallas and River make a really lovely couple too.

I have all of the screenshots I need to finish the scene at La Cucina after Darian's proposal. All I have left is to finish the dialogue and decide if I want to do all three of Danielle's agent interviews in one chapter or split them up and save one or two for the next one. D7V4uNy.png
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 Thank you! I've kept playing and now my second Holden child, Keaton, had his high school prom too! I've updated my previous post to reflect both proms. This is the first time I've been able to play the High School Years proms, and it was so much fun!
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,764 Member
    Hey, nice to see the old format again!

Just a quick update on what's going on in my game this week.
    Adam Andreas and Yuki Behr got engaged!
    f1Ohk7q.png
    Zr0o99I.png

Adam's mother Amelia aged up to elder. I think she turned out pretty.
    b5gchDy.png

My very first pictures posted on this forum included Amelia's selfie with her twin at their mother and father's wedding the day before they aged up to YA. That was... four years ago irl so clearly my sims don't age in any hurry.

Adam and Yuki threw an engagement dinner which was just inviting over the people they wanted to ask to be in the wedding party. That was Wednesday. The rehearsal will be on Saturday and the wedding and reception on Sunday. Not sure if I'm going to also try to get in a bach party on Friday or not.

For now it's still Thursday, and they're busy working. I enjoyed watching Adam convince a passing sim to vote for him in his political career. Really makes me wonder what he was saying.
    Jm34b2e.png

Happy simming everyone!
  • Options
    _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    @LonelyWolfTales
    I see! Also your new update is so cute! It almost feels like Mikkel is actively trying to make friends with Owen just because they aren't. Also seems to me like Owen's biggest problem might be that he feels like a third wheel. Wouldn't it be funny if he ended up having the best relationship with Mikkel once the kid grows up a bit and maybe starts doing brainy alien things? XD

@BlueSeaWaves
    Hmm... given they are all ladies and so there shouldn't be any drama over getting kids, what if the three of them become a poly relationship? They're all like besties anyway, right? XD

@Ellupelluellu
    First off, Matt looks awesome. Like suspiciously awesome for a townie. XD Nothing against townies but random be random, right? Also the idea of Strangerville being a ghost town is very fitting... but on the other hand, Matt seems to fit right in with the space pilot crowd. Hmm... I'm definitely curious what he's gonna get up to.
  • Options
    @jpajari Keaton and Lucia are gorgeous. Both of your couples are really cute and look so happy.
  • Options
    *siiiigh* And with the relief of getting all our forum-functions back, lemme see if I can put together a coherent explanation of what was going on with Johnny Zest this sim-week because lemme tell you... we were not the only upset llamas around here. That simmy boy is not doing so well.

The very beginning of the week seemed pretty hopeful, because he was invited to Humor and Hijinks by some cutie he met at Blue Velvet.
    Vu0gFAd.png
    But as soon as they started chatting, a late Fall storm made all the festival-goers know it had different plans for the evening.
    FnsYKBA.png
    And back in Willow Creek, it was actually even wilder. That really was way too close.
    9qvYmlD.png
    Luckily the storm left behind a surprise to make up for the vital appliance it destroyed.
    Rb0rH0D.png

After that, Johnny decided that it really doesn't matter that he hates handiness. He needed to bite the bullet and get seriously busy dumpster diving and fixing whatever he finds. It... did help.
    This was his best find of the whole week and the one thing that single-handedly allowed him to buy enough materials to put up some actual shelter. It did give him a pause, realizing that someone just threw out a bathtub worth more than his entire... shack... but, you know. He figured, good thing they did, right? He could use the money.
    clMSdrG.png
    At some point, while he was hanging out at the Velvet, trying to get his stress under control and just have some fun while waiting for the dumpster out back to fill, Johnny wondered if it would be cool if he tried to play that big piano over there. For a moment, he allowed himself to dream big again... and then his fears of failure brought him crashing back to earth. Nah, he'd just make a fool of himself again in front of this new town.
    OCx9qBl.png

Oh, yeah. Speaking of his new shack. Johnny can officially not be called homeless anymore.
    He now has himself an empty, clean lawn and a shelter that should be enough to survive winter in.
    DqQSDAU.png
    Sure it doesn't even have lights inside, but so what. He's got a warm place to sleep, won't get soaked the moment he rolls outta bed on a rainy day and there's even a lightning-rod over his head.
    kZ59RIK.png
    Oh, yeah. And all that after he made a mock-toolshed to hide The Bush in. Not only hide, but make sure it doesn't stop growing, much less actually freeze. Johnny has no idea what Brent and Darrel want with that plant outta the tropics or why they don't grow it themselves if it's that important... and he doesn't mean to ask.
    OnXgMTW.png
    Friday fresh in the morning, Johnny called Brent, but got told he doesn't have time right now and to call Darrel. He really did not want to call Darrel... but he did anyway.
    ThpchYe.png
    Darrel was there in a heartbeat (creepy, was he already around?) and to Johnny's relief seemed happy enough with the plant's progress.
    bbaB4DS.png
    He plucked some leaves and flowers off it and that was that, really. To be quite honest, Johnny didn't think the money he got was worth all the hassle... but the lack of trouble was. He had already figured from some comments exactly how easily can Darrel fly into a foul mood and he would rather not be the cause of that.
    0MxTePR.png

Oh... and then the super-awkward thing happened.
    Brent actually... well... asked Johnny to go grab a drink with him. ...that is, grab some sakura tea. Yeah... And like what the heck? Isn't that guy married? See, Johnny doesn't really care either way, he thinks guys and gals can both be cute. It's the cheating part that gets to him. But you know. He's... not been having luck, at all... he wasn't gonna say no.
    8A9LIOC.png
    Still, while he was at the romance festival, he asked the guru what she thought about his romantic destiny and... she flat out told him it looked "bleak." Sheesh, lady. Way to give someone bad news.
    nyJqTTU.png
    When they got away from her, Brent laughed and talked about how much nonsense the "old crone" spouted, but... Johnny couldn't help but wonder. Did he think Brent was gonna leave his husband for him? Yeah... no, no he really didn't. That was... plumming low, was what that was and Johnny had half a mind to tell the guy exactly what he thought... but it was the smaller half of his mind. He had to admit it to himself at this point, he was really bad at confronting people. Probably had something to do with Mother "dearest." Well, anyway. Nothing for that now. He just pretended to be tired after they danced a bit and got outta there.
    1awkLvZ.png
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu It looks odd without sims in Strangerville but it fits too. Strangerville has a sci-fi/horror movie feel. The empty streets feel like something right out of one of those movies. I can’t wait to see what Matt gets up to on Batuu.
  • Options
    LonelyWolfTalesLonelyWolfTales Posts: 44 Member
    edited February 2023
    @BlueSeaWaves
    Omg, your wedding was so sweet and adorable till it suddenly was not! I have never seen that happen in the sims. Poor Senna :( Perhaps Aeri could tell her honestly about what happened and they could try to talk it out?

@Lucy_Henley
    Haha, if comparing that first kiss to a first kiss in the bathroom then it's definitely an upgrade. And yes, Mikkels other dads love him to bits, so that's a plus :)
    Also, your family is adorable! I read through the blogspot update and really enjoyed it. Great that Artemis got glasses and can see clearly now. The children are so cute discussing future marriages :relaxed: And yay for Erytheia, seems like Alexander does like her back!

@Ellupelluellu
    Exactly! Mikkel looked so concerned the whole conversation and Owen was just brushing him off. Poor thing.
    And oh wow, Matt is a townie? He looks amazing. Hope he has a great time in Batuu :)

@jpajari
    Your prom screenshots are so beautiful they make me want to get the highschool ep <3

@DaniRose2143
    Aww, you're too sweet, thank you <3 I love the atmosphere of your screenshot!

@Daephene
    Congratulations to Yuki and Adam!

@_Gina
    Thank you <3 Owen actually was very content and happy in the relationship before Mikkel's birth, so I'd say he feels like the fourth wheel of a three-wheel car :D But maybe Mikkel can lure him into a friendship when he becomes older, he's a pretty smart kid.
    Johnny Zest! I absolutely love him, so I really enjoyed your update :) Did he build an entire shack just by the money from the bathtub? That's impressive and it doesn't even look half bad. So sad how he fears of failing and being laughed at :disappointed: And wow, what's up with Brent? Seems like something's going on his relationship with Brant. Better not to get involved, Johnny!

Mikkel woke up early today.
    LhCbMLZ.png

"Jack! Jack! Mikkel wants to go outside, but Mikkel doesn't want to wear disguise!"
    MvNli6W.png

"Well I suppose it'll be alright if we don't leave our backyard..."
    vr1IhKj.png
    Yay, outside we go! Hopefully the trees and bushes will hide the little alien from potential bystanders.
    eIZGci3.jpg

While Ianto is befriending all creatures around him, Jack and Mikkel are having fun in the sprinkler. Where's Owen? Oh right, working as always.
    NV60xnl.jpg

Mikkel is so funny I could take millions of screenshots just of him.
    Ffu6VlY.jpg

Ianto got us a garden helper!
    Z9gUrRa.jpg

And also befriended the chicken in hope that she gives us more baby chicks.
    xA3twFG.png

PokhB08.png

Pool fun!
    HTk5Z9I.jpg

"Mikkel hungry!"
    zEDNAZW.png

Time to go grab a snack.
    cpFa64F.jpg

jKmTpzo.png

And oh, the irony of it starting to rain when Owen gets back. I'll deal with that tomorrow. Happy simming everyone!
    Gf0XVQX.png
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,545 Member
    @Ellupelluellu
    I love that picture as well🙂 Strangerville being desolate adds to the creepiness😳 Haha can’t say no to Judith Ward😉
    @Emmy142 2 hours? When that happens I usually enter testingcheats on and reset the parent and toddler. Fixes them until it happens again.
    @Jpajari
    Lovely prom photos. Seems like a night the two couples won’t forget
    @Lucy_Henley
    Aw Artemis getting classed brings back childhood memories. Fear of getting made fun of is very real😖 Love the compliments everyone is giving her☺️
    @Mightysprite
    Thank you! I forgot that was an option, I was really feeling bad for Senna. Their relationship can be saved😁
    @DaniRose2143
    Haha agreed, never leave us again bb Code. Thank you! I cracked up at the thought that they actually bonked heads😂 And it happened to Londyn and Danielle too? They must’ve all been nervous and excited. I forgot that asking to be friends was an option that existed, will definitely do that and pray it never happens again. I just couldn’t believe Aeri would do that on the night she got married.
    It could build suspense if the interviews are spilt up, would make us wonder who is Danielle going to pick.
    @Daephene
    Aw congratulations Yuki and Adam! Adam’s mother looks great.Very busy week trying to prepare the wedding. Lol, wonder what Adam is saying as well.
    @_Gina
    Haha that made me laugh. They’re all friends but I don’t think they’ll all be onboard with that plan.
    Woah lucky find Johnny! Worth more than his shack😭 Oof Poor Johnny, having a boost of confidence then fears brining him crashing down. His home is coming along. Lmao the love guru can be so forward. The sims universe doesn’t want Johnny to be happy at the moment🥲
    @LonelyWolfTales
    That is exactly how I felt about the wedding, It was great till it wasn’t. I’m not sure how Senna will take it if she finds out…so Aeri will think of what to do next.
    Aww the photo of Mikkel smiling, his smile is contagious☺️ He looks adorable playing with the sprinkler. The rabbit and chicken🥰 Chickens are my weakness, love them so much. The little chicks😍 Oh my, rain when Owen returned😳 That’s what meant when its said some ppl change the atmosphere when they walk into a room😭
    Am enjoying everyone's updates😁 Thanks as well for the advice!
  • Options
    @LonelyWolfTales Aww, that’s so incredibly kind of you to say! Thank you! Btw, Mikkel is so precious, I’m really enjoying your screenshots of him. What a cutie!

@BlueSeaWaves Thank you very much! You’re right, each couple definitely won’t forget their special night.

It’s so interesting for me to read other’s thoughts of my sim couples.
    As one of the couples are end game for sure, while the other couple definitely won’t make it past high school :p
  • Options
    @LonelyWolfTales Thank you! I mean, there were a few more pieces of furniture he found that gave about 200 simoleons each, but the tub gave a whole 3k! Awwwh, good job Ianto! The bunnies can be tough.

@BlueSeaWaves Oh, well. "Ask to just be friends" has you covered, then. :) Unless of course you want the drama. :D And yeah, I knew I wanted to be tough on Johnny at the start and the game seems to agree with me wholeheartedly. Now I'm not sure where I'm taking him... but we'll get somewhere. I hope. XD
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,019 Member
    Work has just exploded, all over me.

So not much has happened in my game lately, and it's possible that not much more will happen for a while. I have a lot of screenshots from my legacy saved up and so will probably make an update here or there when I can get some downtime. (To think you haven't met my Generation 3 heir yet!)

Gonna keep on reading and leaving Awesomes, though, and I love all you storytellers and the cool things you make up <3<3 Thanks for all the fun.
  • Options
    @LonelyWolfTales thanks for the comment! Oh dear, Owen’s face when he got home from work :D that’s how I’d look too, really.
    @BlueSeaWaves ah, glasses. I don’t remember much about when I got them for the first time, but no one was mean to me about them.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I don't have an update for Norah or anyone else to post, yet. But will have one soon. In the meanwhile, I do have some comments. I apologize for the delay in posting them, been a very busy, yet thoroughly enjoyable couple of days here in my offline life. :) So, so glad the bbcode commenting issue has been resolved! \o/ <3

@LonelyWolfTales
    Ah, okay, well you picked a good one and I'm sure the tweaks you made enhanced it even more. :) Aww poor Owen. I'd be grumpy if I had his backstory too. Thanks for filling me in! I love all the toddler animations so much. The Devs did such a great job with them and it looks like they may have gone beyond that with infants. I'm looking forward to checking them out in the update and with the new EP soon. :)

Thank you so much for your sweet comments about Norah's little house! Made me smile! :)<3 I love that window too! I would've bought the Moschino pack for those alone, but I love the photography too. I got a chuckle out of Mila, so out of character. Norah tried to be nice, but Mila was being very obnoxious. She's not afraid of defending herself when it's needed. I'm sure she's well versed in doing that considering her background.

Wow, a lot of tension in their world today. Interesting news about how the three of them were intensely against aliens in their past. Guessing the birth of Mikkel alieved some of that? At least toward Mikkel. I'm sure I must be missing a lot here others already know. Maybe? Anyway, I breathed a sign of relief when Owen hugged Mikkel afterall, but then he loses it again when Mikkel asks him again to play dolls. I'm glad he's at least taking out his anger issues on inanimate objects instead of physically hurting anyone. However, being hurt emotionally can feel very painful and linger longer causing more damage. I'm hoping eventually they can all work things out, together.

Mmm, what a great midnight snack, grilled cheese! Good idea Mikkel. hehe Although Owen doesn't look too pleased. o.O Aww, Owen, how can you say no to Mikkel's sweet little face? He's just scared like a lot of little kids are when it's storming. Come on Dude, be a Dad to the little guy! Hmm, well Owen, if you weren't so grumpy about it, you would've realized Mikkel was reaching out to you. You don't have to be alone. If you're feeling neglected or lonely, speak up or try to look beyond your anger over things and see there's an answer sitting right next to you Dude! Anyway, great update. I am really enjoying your story and look forward to reading more. :)

What a wonderful day on the farm for Mikkel, Jack and Ianto. I love the Cottage Living pack so much! Those bunnies are so cute and sweet. Glad Ianto befriended one enough so it would help with gardening. I don't blame you about Mikkel and wanting to take a zillion pics of him, he's so adorable! Oh no, poor Owen! I'm sorry for laughing, but that face he pulls... seems he can never get a break! Great updates! :)

@GalacticGal
    Yes, I know, it's what I was referring to in my comment, how I saw you had to restart again. Hopefully the game repair and removal of suspicious mods did the trick for you! :)

@BlueSeaWaves
    Yes, indeed and it wasn't fun having her angry 95% of the time. hehe Glad to read Warner is coming around well. It was my pleasure! :)

@zucchinionpizza
    Everyone has different tastes for what they find enjoyable to eat. I can see how some might like pineapple on pizza, it's the whole sweet/savory and/or sour sensation that can be enjoyable. I personally don't like pineapple on mine. But, I love mushrooms and Hubby hates them, we're all different and that's a good thing. :)

@Ellupelluellu
    It's very much my pleasure dear! <3

Yes, exactly! I'm in a different mindset than I was back then. I hadn't realized I'd changed her eyes that much, but you're right. What the heck was I thinking? hehe Sheesh! Ah well, that was in the past, things change. It's just the way life goes. :) Oh of course, when it comes to stories, all bets are off if something changes physically such as the way you described. For instance how I aged down Tessa/Josh to YA from elders and made them vampires to live forever instead of passing away. Part of the story, yes, but I'll admit I just couldn't part with them was the main reason. Oh well... hehe

Hey, no apologies necessary. I enjoy reading about the thoughts behind the reasons for changes, or not, made to Sims. It's fascinating. :)

Well Hello Matt! He looks cool and very interesting. Wow, Strangerville looks so spooky with all the deserted streets. Perhaps some residual leftover code from the mod causing that to still happen? You're much more well versed with mods than I am, so I have no idea. Batuu! Sweet of Judith to invite him there. I haven't played there much lately, but I really, really like that pack! Always astounds me how good the graphics look in that world. I swear the lighting and clarity is much better than a lot of the other worlds. Which, really, it kind of makes sense. :) Hope Matt enjoys his time in Batuu and has a chance to play some Sabacc with Hondo! <3

@jpajari
    Fantastic shots of your couples at Prom. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing! :)

@DaniRose2143
    Love the lighting and the clarity of your graphics in that shot of everyone having drinks together. Looks very warm and inviting. :)
  • Options
    @_Gina
    Somebody threw out a bath tub.😲 It is funny the things dumpster diving sims will find. I'm with Johnny, it's hard to trust someone who cheated on their spouse. What's to stop them doing the same to you. You could have some fun but don't get too attached.

@BlueSeaWaves
    It happened to them too. I think that's something that's part of the animations that are included with MWS. I'm 95% certain they bonked heads, but I know it was something Danielle did as she went to kiss Londyn. She got this cute, embarrassed, sorry honey look on her face before they had their kiss. Sims are definitely up for anything with anyone at anytime. That's why I got Chingyu's faithfulness mod for those couples I don't want cheating on each other. It works like a charm.

@LonelyWolfTales
    Thank you.❤️ I downloaded that restaurant and then redecorated it. It's becoming a minor character of its own. It's a very romantic spot and gets the couples in the mood for lots of flirty fun. Oh my god, bunnies, baby chicks, and Mikkel.🥰 The watcher is trying to tell you something Owen.

@Karababy52
    Thank you too.❤️ I set the intensity of the lights at about 50% or a little less and left the centerpiece candles set to full. It gets that lovely romantic glow right around 9pm when the game flips to night mode. The clarity comes from the crazy high resolution my computer runs at. The pictures I post on here are 1024x768 but the originals are 5120x2880.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    Jess Sigworth found out her neighbor is an alien and went on the offensive! Kerrigan was not amused when she found out this isn't flirting

4rwNYiF.png
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @DaniRose2143
    Ah, I wondered if perhaps you had done something like that. I had a similar effect once with a screenshot of my OMOWOY challenge Sim in 2021. She was outside on her back porch reading a magic tome by candlelight. It's one of my all-time favorite screenshots. There was no other lights though and I didn't dim the candles, it happened naturally. :)
    f2S8fBf.png

Whoa that is a very high resolution. The highest mine will go naturally is 1920 x 1080. I give screenshots a bit of clarity help in Photoshop. Mostly just the inside shots though. They don't need much if taken outside in bright sunlight.

Here's another update with Norah Dunnigan, my R2R Teen HSY tester Sim. :)

2ICSDmK.png
    Norah's doing very well in the Wellness/Yoga skill.
    M6eZRRQ.png
    She's Level 4 or 5 now and didn't fall as she would in the past doing this particular move. However, she still couldn't stay balanced on her hands like that for long.

6JjEMr6.png
    Her goal was to stay focused while playing video games non-stop for at least 2 hours. She tried at first to play Sims Forever on her laptop, but timed out just before 2 hours was up.

4bctX3A.png
    She had a longer session playing with Josh online and was finally able to tick off this Tech Guru aspiration milestone goal. I don't think she was having much luck defeating Josh though by the look on her face. She won't be able to go any further in this aspiration until she ages up to a young adult. She'll be working on the musical genius aspiration in the meanwhile.

DRQsrGz.png
    Norah never received a notification about graduation happening. Probably because she graduated early. But I knew from watching James Turner's HSY LP, if she went to the auditorium at 7 p.m. on Sunday night, she might get lucky and be able to participate. Thankfully, when she arrived there indeed was a graduation ceremony about to begin. All her fellow classmates were wearing different colored caps and gowns, so I quickly went into CAS and dressed her appropriately. Of course she chose the color purple. A little sad they all weren't dressed in the same color.

2rA35Os.png
    Norah sat patiently with her classmates and their guests waiting for when the diplomas were given out and her name was called.

xyBj9T3.png
    Before that happened, the class Valedictorian, Savanah Price, gave an inspirational speech.

agPTtvC.png
    Finally, the diplomas were handed out and Norah's name was called to come up on stage and receive her own from Principal Prescott.

qW6okKo.png
    She shared an exuberant cheer and jumped up to clap hands in celebration with the principal.

CehYXLs.png
    She walked away with her chin held high in pride and joy. Congratulations Norah!

RgNb0vS.png
    You should be very proud of yourself dear, it's been a long road to get here, but it's finally happened. I'm proud of you!

GNX1XOZ.png
    Norah sat down next to Molly who was having a chat with Savanah to graciously wait until all her classmates received their diplomas. I was a little disappointed there wasn't any food on the buffet tables, only punch. But perhaps it would appear after the ceremonies ended.

In hindsight, I wish now I'd invited at least Josh and Duane to come celebrate with her. It's a learning experience though so I'll know for next time. I find it funny those two girls are wearing boots with their gowns. hehe Maybe they're the smart ones though since it's bitter cold outside.

ZLvkRxr.png
    I was right about the food, it did appear after all the diplomas were given out. However, everyone but Norah left. Oh well, she grabbed a serving of chicken dinner since she was hungry and took it outside to eat at a picnic table. She loves the outdoors so I'm guessing that's why she didn't sit inside where it was warm.

9cBa1yW.png
    I don't know how I missed it until now, but there was a photo backdrop set up for students to take selfies of themselves. She had the place to herself so why not?

Rs2WosD.png
    Students could also pose for pictures. There was nobody to take her photo, but just for fun, she posed anyway for the Watcher. Thanks dear!

6UmChl7.png
    Including this very silly pose. What is she scared about and running away from? Perhaps pencils, books and the teachers dirty looks? *ahem* As the saying goes...

LxfzYZS.png
    Right after this pose, Norah suddenly found herself rudely shoved outside on the sidewalk and locked out of the venue. It was over.

oceAPpj.png
    She didn't mind though. At least she was able to experience the first snow of Winter outside among the softly falling flakes as it happened.

zwU2m8y.png
    I was a little disappointed, but not surprised Norah wasn't depicted in her cap and gown for her graduation photo. It happened to James Turner's student who graduated early too. Do normal graduates get a pic in their robes? Just curious. It's a good thing she took some selfies while dressed appropriately she can display.

JuoCFrn.png
    While Norah was working on a programming side job, Duane Talla came by for a visit. Perhaps he heard she'd graduated and wanted to congratulate her in person. Maybe take her out for a celebratory dinner too? Just a thought...

b87fs9k.png
    However, Norah had something a bit more important to do at the moment. She'd gotten a blue screen of death on her laptop and was busy trying to fix it on her own. Hopefully she'll finish quickly and be able to invite Duane in before he leaves. I hope she also doesn't get zapped and dazed this time. Good luck Norah! I'm cheering for you! Don't let that cutie get away!

We'll find out next time if she was successful with both goals. :)

Happy Simming! I hope y'all have a great rest of your week! <3
  • Options
    @Karababy52 Congratulations on your graduation, Norah! Also, her place is looking super cute now. :D
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,555 Member
    Barbara had her heart set on adopting a specific stray cat and roped in her boyfriend, Jeremy, to help find it. A whole day spent in Brindleton Bay and it was the only regular stray not to show up. I have no idea what's making Victor Feng laugh so much.

4Ub9gmD.png

• Options
    LonelyWolfTalesLonelyWolfTales Posts: 44 Member
    edited February 2023
    @BlueSeaWaves
    Thank you! Oh definitely, that saying is clearly about Owen.

@jpajari
    Glad you're enjoying <3

@_Gina
    Bunnies surely can be a pain, but Ianto has the animal enthusiast trait, so it's a bit easier for him!

@Lucy_Henley
    I still laugh when I look at it!

@DaniRose2143
    ah, I see. I love it when lots have so much character in them! And glad you liked my update :)

@Kerrigan
    hahaha, what a perfect screenshot and caption to it :D

@Karababy52
    I'm sure I must be missing a lot here others already know. Maybe?
    (I won't leave this under a spoiler so everyone interested can read) First of all - wow, thank you for such a big and insightful comment, I had a lot of fun reading through it <3 Second - you haven't missed anything! I'm just unsure how to properly explain the backstory since I don't have any fun screenshots of it, and I don't know whether it's necessary at all. But the short story goes something like this: the three of them, all with dark backstories, worked in a secret agency saving simEarth from aliens. One day Jack got abducted and impregnated and I decided to develop a story around that. He was trapped on the alien ship, gave birth there and had to escape with his newborn son. Knowing that the aliens will be after him, he lived in exile for a while and later contacted Ianto, explaining to him what happened. Ianto contacted Owen and the three of them lived together for a while, trying to figure out what to do. Then Mikkel exposed himself in public by accident, they had to flea the city and that's when I started taking screenshots :) If anyone will be interested, perhaps I'll do a backstory post and play through some moments of the past to fill in the gap.
    Your update! Okay, Norah's house is just stunning. I love how she perfectly matches it with her purple yoga outfit. And the little details, like the flower vase and flower string on the window gives it so much character! Was that a high school graduation? Looks so much more fun than the university one, I am nearly sold on getting the pack (just need it to be finally available for bundling... unnggh!). Haha and the ending! Sorry Duane, you'll just have to wait :D I'm sure she won't get zapped, fixing a broken laptop is very impressive. Is there anything Norah can't do?

So as you remember, Owen came back grumpy (as always) from work, he also got the "Owen can't help but wonder if this career is right for him" note and a few unhappy moodlets. I took him inside and let my sims do whatever they want to upon their free will since that's how the most fun happens.
    9I4KyvK.png
    "Hello, Owen!"
    Mikkel immediately went to greet his (apparently?) favourite dad.
    Ai83sCm.png

Owen was not amused at all.
    "Get out of my way, kid."
    Before he could say anything else, Ianto took control of the situation, shooed Owen away and began teaching Mikkel... manners.
    mFOkMYP.png

"Mikkel, I think Owen needs some alone time, how about we work on your manners instead and start off with the always try to recognise when a person wants to be greeted and when he doesn't rule... You seem more neurotypical than me so this should be easy for you."
    sHuiEMx.png

"Okay, Ianto!"
    6vhhDt8.png

Owen immediately went to do to leftover smelly dishes, how sweet.
    1XTJ7SN.png

Jack hilariously walked in wearing only his underwear. So in character.
    "So how'd your day go?"
    "A typical day of a typical medical assistant who used to be a secret agent surgeon just a while ago and knows more than all of those lousy country doctors combined, but apparently has to keep it a secret. You?"
    5IPxeee.png

Then Jack changed his outfit and got more serious.
    "Owen, we're all stressed and we all lost a lot. Much more than just a job."
    "It wasn't just a job."
    "You have to stop taking it out on Mikkel, this isn't his fault."
    UP8w0Rs.png

"Isn't it? You two gone insane over that creature." And I miss the way it was, just the three of us, three perfectly broken people who found each other and somehow ended up in something I would never call a relationship and neither of you would, but it was something special and something we're losing now, well, I'm losing, you seem perfectly happy, so maybe I'm the problem, but I only became the problem after that thing, god, I hate that thing-
    "That's what happens when one gives birth. It's not insanity, it's parenthood."
    J0ZZspy.png

"Exactly! Hormones. This isn't real, Jack, and if it happened to anyone else you'd be the first in line to destroy it. Right now you're delusional because of whatever you felt when giving birth, and Ianto's delusional because he's got puppy eyes for you. I'm the only one who realises how dangerous that thing is. You yourself said its species will be after us, and if I recall they're one of the most merciless and deadliest species in the galaxy, right? They hunt and kill for FUN, Jack. And you're babying it as if it'll grow up any different-"
    "He WILL grow up different, he's half human. Me giving birth, remember?"
    l9lg9IS.png

"Oh, the genes of a deadly race mixed with the genes of a man from the 51th century who can't die. What could possibly go wrong."
    jkeByxp.png

Their interaction became worse and worse and I figured they might get into an argument, but instead, Jack suddenly decided to brush off the conversation entirely, pretend that nothing happened and start to do flirting interactions. Uh, great dodging and ignoring the issue skills, I suppose?
    "Hey, you're too stressed for this conversation. And I'm not in the mood for a fight. How about we just go and... relax?"
    3JeT0vA.png

"Uhm, what exactly are you proposing- Okay, right, just to clarify, you're not getting off me that easily but okay, okay, I'm down for it."
    JAidKTs.png

"Is Ianto coming?"
    "Someone has to watch the "most merciless and deadliest toddler in the galaxy", remember?"
    "Still hate that thing."
    fbrBuSK.png

Okay so I usually don't like the sparkles in the play interaction but with Mikkel being an alien and all they don't look out of place.
    pdQzm2O.jpeg

So Jack and Owen woohooed and I suppose that's one way of temporarily fixing the problem or whatever those non-asexual sims find fun. Owen seemed happy and content in the end, but for how long? Happy simming all!
    MTGqroi.png
    Post edited by LonelyWolfTales on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top