Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lot Building Contest - Winners have been selected!

Comments

• Options
    TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    edited July 2016
    A bakery is a great idea for a candy shop!
    I would have pictures now but I have a bit of a head cold! I have to glue down linoleum in my closet floor today so I can turn it into a bunny cage before my niece comes home in a little over a week and I want to test it out to make sure everything works right it is such an unusual building! I used roller coaster parts to do different floor levels!
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    I've got all of you in my friends list (I think?), so I'm going to have to start haunting your studios. You seem to be doing some GREAT builds that I am really going to want to get. :)
  • Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    I'm probably missing most of the content to download many of these builds but I do love watching them get built! I like playing with a lot of non-modern elements or non-European architecture styles like a pit house or pueblo. I have a Hopi family I'm playing right now :)
  • Options
    imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    @MiaSkywalker ty for compliment, what are you working on now?
    @creativemetaphor I'd love to see pics of your Hopi build, what base clothing did yo use for Hopi clothing?
    @Teanias ( taps foot ) waiting to see mad scientist! ....lol just teasing
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    @imdragonit The building itself is built to look as traditional as I could get, but the family is a modern family living in their traditional style home, but I did try to make them look the part as much as I could. I'll get some screenshots tonight :) I do have similar pueblo houses in my studio currently as well, based on this picture:
    HopiHouseWalpiArizona1921-300.jpg

I love building based on pictures!
  • Options
    @creativemetaphor Wonderful, I love to see pics of everyone's creativity! Creating from images is fun & then it seems to be easy to add your own touches for what can't be seen :)
  • Options
    imdragonit wrote: »
    @MiaSkywalker ty for compliment, what are you working on now?
    @creativemetaphor I'd love to see pics of your Hopi build, what base clothing did yo use for Hopi clothing?
    @Teanias ( taps foot ) waiting to see mad scientist! ....lol just teasing

Actually, I haven't been working on ANYTHING yet. My brother was in town this past week (from Seattle - he just left this morning), so I've been busy - and exhausted - from all the socializing. (You have to understand that I am NOT a very social person. I could happily live as a hermit, seeing people only once a month or so.)

I am going to start work on my gift exchange for Tanu's Last Rodeo, but I'll probably start tomorrow, because at the moment I feel emotionally exhausted. I have plans... well, can't say them here, where just anyone can see it. Who knows? The person I'm going to make these things for may be lurking. :) But I have some very specific ideas, some inspirations I've gotten from one of the architectural sites we've been posting about here, that I think would be perfect for this person. :)
  • Options
    @MiaSkywalker I know what you mean, when family stops to visit, you yell yay when they come & then you turn around & repeat when they leave...lol When you've gifted whomever be sure & post pics so we can all see :)
  • Options

@imdragonit Okay, here's the picture dump for my Hopi family!

Ahote everyday and formal
    ahote.jpg
    Chuma everyday and formal
    chuma.jpg
    Kaia heading off to school.
    kaia-school.jpg
    I think Tocho doesn't like school. Or, apparently, shoes?
    tocho-hates-school.jpg
    But Kaia and Tocho both love to read. In fact, the whole family loves to read!
    everyone-loves-reading.jpg
    Even in the dark...
    reading-in-the-dark.jpg
    Ahote's cooking breakfast.
    cookin.jpg
    Kaia takes after her dad as an aspiring cook
    cooking.jpg
    But she also likes to paint in her pajamas
    kaia-painting.jpg
    Chuma loves gardening
    gardening.jpg
    And a nice hot shower after
    chuma-shower.jpg
    Tocho likes playing with his toys
    toys.jpg
    But no one likes to make their beds.
    screenshot-5.jpg
    Seriously, no one
    screenshot-4.jpg

When the sun goes down, it gets pretty dark
    lights-out.jpg
    But the sun always rises again
    sunrise.jpg
  • Options
    @creativemetaphor Those are absolutely fantabulous! I love what you did with the modern clothing & that house totally catches the Hopi feel. <3<3<3 it!
  • Options
    Thank you! :) It's fun to play a family/house with such a distinct feel to it!
  • Options
    @creativemetaphor what store item or pack do those roof extensions ( bar with block on end or the traditional look ) ? oh and the windows too please. I also think it's fun to play with a specific feel, it really makes the story in your mind flow.
  • Options
    LOL Y'know, when I started playing that drove me bonkers trying to figure out how to get the trellises and such that I saw on other builds. It's the fences! It's the base game "monorail fence"! You just pull it off the edge of the building or across pillars to get a beam look!

The windows came with World Adventures!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    @creativemetaphor what a beautiful build I love the pueblo and and the family is great I know ea doesn't have very many Native American family so if you need neighbors last thanksgiving I made a mixed family the father is Scottish and the mother is Cherokee they have a teen daughter and they live with his older sister!
    Here is a link to them on the exchange.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8788561
    Their little farm is a bit modern it has a garage that could be made into a horse barn (I didn't have pets at the time!) and it has a modern bathroom! I did learn later that if you have seasons the upstairs gets frosty in winter but to me it just adds a more authentic feel!
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8788562
  • Options
    @teanias Oh awesome, thank you!
  • Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Ah, thanks so much for the explanation on the beams @creativemetaphor I have been searching everywhere how to do it and I gave up, thinking it must be in an expansion I don't own. I really need to try this soon now I know :smiley::smiley:
    And your family and build look really nice!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    @teanias That is also a beautiful family and homestead! (now that I've had a chance to really look it over) I love that the sister lives with them!

I like playing Sims who have a story! Makes it more memorable and engaging :)

@Hoplass You are so welcome! I don't remember how I found out now, whether I finally read something somewhere (carl's sims 3 is great for random stuff!) or whether I just edited one of the game houses and did the eyedropper thing to figure out what it was... whatever, I just remember being so *omg are you serious?? that was it??* when I finally realized it!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    @creativemetaphor I know what you mean at least half the fun is making up their story then of course the other half is playing it out!

I thought having another family member live with them would make them feel more true to the frontier life! You know but a mother in law seemed too cliche a brother would have gone off on his own and I have a fondness for making red headed sims so the sister seemed perfect!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Here are some pictures of my mad scientist house! front
    Screenshot-5_zpsl4yiwyl7.jpg
    Side view
    Screenshot-4_zpsqub5r3ta.jpg
    Back view The tower with the copper roof is the scientist and the one with the glass roof is his plantsim assistance tower
    Screenshot-29_zps17drgjwy.jpg
    Pool side view
    Screenshot-9_zpsjoh8uyhz.jpg
    Ground view of pool
    Screenshot-13_zpsny5puoga.jpg
    Ground view of entry
    Screenshot-12_zpsd5cdzru7.jpg
    front door
    Screenshot-16_zpshohyfs1i.jpg

Yes the floor on the outside and around the pool is actually solar panel pattern after I used it around the pool I realized what it was but it looked so sci fi I kept it! The front door entrance is on the third floor level and you can get to the pool from the entrance! The home area on the second floor level both entrance and home area have Victorian wall patterns but all in metal to keep the sci fi feel! Then on the 4th floor level is the science lab with a lunar lakes wall pattern made in metal as well! On top of the home area roof is a garden but for some reason the pictures I took of it didn't take you can see glimpse of it though in some of the pictures! Now I still haven't gotten my family in to see if everything works right yet because I know once I have them in I am going to want to play in it and I don't have all the kitchen bath ect installed! I also haven't decided if I want to do some landscaping on the ground level or leave it as it is!
    Post edited by Teanias on
  • Options
    Teanias wrote: »
    Here are some pictures of my mad scientist house!

Yes the floor on the outside and around the pool is actually solar panel pattern after I used it around the pool I realized what it was but it looked so sci fi I kept it! The front door entrance is on the third floor level and you can get to the pool from the entrance! The home area on the second floor level both entrance and home area have Victorian wall patterns but all in metal to keep the sci fi feel! Then on the 4th floor level is the science lab with a lunar lakes wall pattern made in metal as well! On top of the home area roof is a garden but for some reason the pictures I took of it didn't take you can see glimpse of it though in some of the pictures! Now I still haven't gotten my family in to see if everything works right yet because I know once I have them in I am going to want to play in it and I don't have all the kitchen bath ect installed!

Oh wow, that looks awesome! Imaginative use of so many things! I'm definitely going to download that once you upload it. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Thank you it all started with the fact that I plan on making a sims story with a mad scientist so I needed a place for him! Then after suggesting the one roller coaster for your tower I wondered what I could make using some of the other parts! This is what I came up with and I love it I kind of surprised myself on this one! In fact I am thinking if I ever do that one challenge where the bad guy has captured one of each type of sim I may use this build and do a tower for each type of sim instead of keeping them each in a room!
  • Options
    @Teanias That is jaw dropping ! A++++++ <3 it!
  • Options
    Thank you like I said I surprised myself on this one! I had to put in a lot of colloms just to erase them later to get that floating look for different areas especially for the pool!
  • Options
    @Teanias Oh sweet! All it needs is a Tesla coil! :smiley: I've thought about making my scientist a "mad science lab" but that blew my idea out of the water. *hehe*
  • Options
    Thank you ! You should make your own mad scientist lab just remember to throw away all architecture rules!