Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading Circle D - (The Lovely Kamikazes)

Comments

• Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    That's awesome @Meggles !

Leaving for my trip soon. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures! I'll probably be back by Sunday.
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Thanks you guys!
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Wow huge family that is @Meggles
    Miyako is so pretty :) I also like alvetta a lot. It's interesting to see the children of premades. I can't say I have The full overview on the ikedas but I still liked seeing everyone :) and yay for the play I think Miyako has the necessary confidence

I love seeing the premade's children, too! Candy has really good genes, ha!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    @Meggles How exciting! I'll be sure to read it once I get a spare moment. :)

@pronterus Safe travels and have a great time! :)
  • Options
    I just got back from my trip! It was exhausting, but at least it was worth it. Got to see many kinds of old buildings, eat delicious food, and I even met a cool 82-year old man who had lots of stories to share. I'll be writing a travelogue about my whole trip, and here are a few highlights I took:

0Gl28nk.jpg
    DmE6kD2.jpg
    pkSuLvE.jpg
    k0w6QcY.jpg
    Y5ASvHq.jpg
  • Options
    @pronterus Wow, super cool! Can't wait to see your travelogues! And that meal looks yummyyyyyy...!
  • Options
    Meggles wrote: »
    @pronterus Wow, super cool! Can't wait to see your travelogues! And that meal looks yummyyyyyy...!

That's Chicken Inasal, and it tasted really great. The place we ate it at had horrible service though; should have checked TripAdvisor because many of the reviews complained about the long waiting time, rude staff, and poor ventilation. :D
  • Options
    @pronterus Your pictures look amazing! :) Can't wait to read the full post of your travels!
  • Options
    @pronterus Your pictures look amazing! :) Can't wait to read the full post of your travels!

Thanks @eXokamikaze ! I finally wrote about the first day of my trip :)

Bacolod Travelogue - Day 1
  • Options
    I enjoyed reading your first entry, @pronterus ! I love travel blogs :smiley: I can't wait til my next trip so I can do another!

I have the next four or five chapters of BN written out already. Now I just have to play and see how closely I can match it up, ha...

Also, I have another story I'm trying to write but I'm worried that I'm in over my head since plot lines aren't really my forte. (Suzu came from a jolt of inspiration after reading a book but I haven't plotted since that started). This new one, though, is meant to be funny but I haven't actually gotten around to the funny bits, just the setup and whatnot. I hope it can live up to my expectations. *crosses fingers*
  • Options
    @Meggles Give it a shot anyways! It's fine to experiment and see where it goes. And if you don't care for it too much, there's always the option of ending it early. :) Saying this though, I find your existing stories extremely funny whenever you want to make them so...I don't think you have a problem there! :)

@pronterus That airport you landed at is so gorgeous! Full of palm trees and lovely sunshine. I'm sorry that the service was so bad for you guys at that restaurant! It really affects the dining experience, no matter how good the food may be. :(
  • Options
    @eXokamikaze
    cb8.gif
    I just like to worry myself so thanks for the encouragement! :smiley:
  • Options
    @eXokamikaze
    cb8.gif
    I just like to worry myself so thanks for the encouragement! :smiley:

D'aww. You're good. <3:)
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Happy to read all of your updates :) my wordpress reader is busy these days ^^

On another note I made a list of all the stories I'm currently following (only those which are not on hiatus or discontinued) and there are 20 stories on there! :o I bet there would be just as many stories I used to follow but which are inactive now. Next I'm going to make a list of my favourite completed stories that I read ^^
  • Options
    20!!!! :dizzy: I think my "currently reading" list is about that but I'm sure half are deaded slash I've not kept up. Ones I keep up with on the regular are... maybe 12? Could be 15. BUT they aren't always updated normally. Once I want to keep up with are more like 25, haha!

I wish I could use an RSS reader but it's hard with all the different formats.
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Is there room for one more? I saw on the main circle thread that there are only 4 in this circle so far and didn't see anything about it being full yet. Just wanted to make sure. :)

If it's okay, I'd like to join this circle with my story, "Forever in Time." Right now, I'm on gen 2 and there are 39 chapters. I won't kid you in that it's not for the faint of heart. Some of the chapters are quite long with some being rather text heavy. Here is the link to my story.

Forever in Time: An Immortal Legacy

I'd be honored to join if it's okay with everyone. I'll post my intentions on the main Circles Thread and with 5 (including me if I'm allowed), it shouldn't take me too long to catch up on everyone's stories. :)
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    I could live with one more @sweetnightingale since I'm already caught up on all other stories but I would definitely call full after that @pronterus
    (But just for future reference, circles that aren't full usually have an open number on the main circle thread).

Let's see what the others think. :)
  • Options
    @Julyvee94 - Thanks. I'll make a note of that. :)

It's fine with me one way or the other. If I can join, great, but if it's at the max right now, no worries. :) Like the hubby often says, "Don't sweat the small stuff." No worries either way. :)
  • Options
    I'm chill - I think now that we've been going awhile we could add a fifth since we're not all speed updaters! :)
  • Options
    I'm on board with adding a fifth too! :) If @pronterus is okay with it then we'll let the main thread know. :)
  • Options
    I'm okay with it :) I'll add @sweetnightingale to the list :)
  • Options
    Awesome! Thanks, everyone. It's really nice of you to let me join. Looking forward to participating. :) Now, I've got lots of reading to do. LOL.
  • Options
    So, some housekeeping! What's your timezone?

We have a questionnaire we stole borrowed from another group :naughty:
    I infiltrated another thread with ninjapig to snatch a survey they used! It's Julyvee94 's old group, too!

(Also, if this is too long we can cut it down or make our own!)
    Real name (if you want to tell it, optional nickname you prefer):

Do you have a pet:

Favourite season:

Hobby (not playing sims):

Dream job if everything is possible:

Any sports you do?

Favourite food:

Favourite superhero:

Favourite disney princess:

My favourite film right now:

First film you watched where your parents said you are too young for it:

The first book you cried like the world is ending right now:

Book series you need to be continued:

How would you dress yourself the whole time without thinking of the weather:

Picture of your simself:

Favourite sim right now and picture:

First time you played sims what happened:

Dream expansion pack for sims 4:

• Options
    US Central Time.

Haha, I remember that questionnaire. :grin: I'll get to it on a little while.

Hope you're all having a nice morning. :)
  • Options
    As promised, here are the answers to the questionaire. I filled this out for one group so I hope you don't mind that I just copied and pasted what I said there to over here. :)
    Real name: Sharon (I won't put my last name since I'm kinda leery of doing that on things like social media or forums.)

Do you have a pet: Yep. Three dogs. We have two mixes - one is a part beagle named Sheena, who is my daughter's dog. The other is Turbo and we're not exactly sure what he is. LOL! He's mostly black with a tail that curls up and erect ears. His fur is super dense and when that boy sheds, he REALLY sheds. My Golden Retriever is 9 1/2 years old and is my guide dog. Yep, I'm blind in one eye and can hardly see out of the other. LOL!

Favorite season: Spring. I hate it when it's terribly cold and I'm not much on extreme heat. So, without the rain, Spring is it for me.

Hobby (not playing sims): Crocheting, knitting, reading, writing stories, journaling and journal collecting, scrapbooking, and I'm a huge fountain pen enthusiast and collector. I also love singing, although I can't really say it's exactly a hobby since I do it semi-professionally.

Dream job if everything is possible: A world famous singer and author.

Any sports you do? Nope. There's not an athletic bone in my body. A cream puff cold beat me up. Haha.

Favorite food: Pasta! Definitely pasta of any kind. :grin:

Favorite superhero: Wonder Woman. For some reason, I just always loved her as a kid and will turn on my DVD's of Wonder Woman from time to time.

Favourite Disney princess: Ouch, this is a tough one! I love Snow White, Cinderella, and Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) dqually, I think. But I guess if I had to pick just one right now, I'll say Cinderella. She loves animals, which I do. She's a hopeless romantic, which I can identify with. Plus, she sings to herself while she's doing something, which I ALWAYS do. LOL! Besides that, the song "O Sing Sweet Nightingale" inspired my username. There's a story behind that if anyone wants to hear it. :)

My favorite film right now: I'm really loving "Anne of the Thousand Days." It's an older movie from 1969 (I think). It's based on the story of Anne Bolyn, although the powers that be took some poetic license for creativity's sake. The acting was superb and the Medieval style costuming was beautiful.

First film you watched where your parents said you are too young for it: I think it had to be the Rambo series with Sylvester Stallone. I believe the movie was called "First Blood" and I wasn't allowed to watch it when I was younger because of the violence adn quite a lot of death. It's been eons since I'd seen it, and I think there was a lot of cussing too. LOL!

The first book you cried like the world is ending right now: Strangely enough, that had to be Little Women. The last scene where Jo and Beth spent time together before her death about killed me. :( Then when Beth died, it broke my heart.

How would you dress yourself the whole time without thinking of the weather: If I had the figure, I'd be in summer dresses a lot. Other than that, it would be comfy shorts, t-shirts/tank tops, and sandals.

Picture of your simself: Sweetnightingale%20Picture_zps7snhw11x.jpg

Favorite sim right now and picture: This is going to be a long answer, so I'm sorry for the lack of simplicity for this one. I have two favorite Sims right now from my story "Forever in Time." The first one is Lenora Landgraab, who, along with her husband Tyrone, is the founding generation for the story. She has a very detailed backstory and the more I wrote her, the more I loved her.

Lenora%2B%2526%2BAurora%2B3.jpg

This is Lenora next to her daughter, Aurora, as a teenager.

I'm also loving Lenora's daughter, Aurora, who is the second generation for "Forever in Time." She and Silvan are becoming one of my favorite couples just like her parents. :)

Aurora%2B%2526%2BSilvan.jpg

This is Aurora with Silvan, her fairy prince. :)

So, as you can see, this is a toss-up. I couldn't pick just one to be my absolute favorite.

First time you played sims happened what: The first time I ever played any Sims game was in October of 2011. I started off with a big family (ha! Utter chaos) and forgot to fill the dog dish up. Poor Baxter (a Golden Retriever) ate the human food sitting on the counter. Then, he got fleas, which transmitted to the ENTIRE family. I spent one Sim day getting everyone cleaned up, the house put back in order (yeah, also had vile surroundings), and Baxter's dish filled.

Dream expansion pack for sims 4: Supernatural, definitely. I love fantasy stories and Sims 4 just seems to...blah...without my beloved witches and fairies.