Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading Circle D - (The Lovely Kamikazes)

Comments

• Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    equuest wrote: »
    Posted in the wrong thread oops...

@equuest That's okay! I saw you also posted over there, too! I read a few lines of your story, though, and it looks interesting! I will try and bookmark for later. :)
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    Thank you so much @Meggles :)
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Started on the goth legacy yesterday and I am almost caught up :) so fun and cute!
  • Options
    eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    Thanks, @Julyvee94! <3 I'm happy you're enjoying it.

I'm working my way through Undead with Benefits now and I love it. The characters are so full of personality and I love their individual voices. And I can't believe how funny it is! :D
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Glad you're enjoying it @eXokamikaze :D I've already read a few parts of the Goth Legacy and I'm enjoying it. :) Still getting started with @Meggles Build Newcrest, but I've read the first chapter :)
  • Options
    I'm currently on build newcrest as well :) I read the start of your story @pronterus and it looks so fun so I am happy to continue that one as well ^^

Btw I have a question, do we post updates for our stories in this thread? And do we also do it during the 'catch up' phase?
  • Options
    Good point, July! For me, I don't particularly require updates from you guys to be posted on this thread - I prefer to follow up with the stories I keep up with using my WordPress reader. I'm also concerned that we might clog up this thread with our update posts.

I was thinking that if you guys want to update using this thread as well, we could do a recap of our updates once a week or something, if we have any updates.

If anyone has any better ideas, please share. :)
  • Options
    Good point, July! For me, I don't particularly require updates from you guys to be posted on this thread - I prefer to follow up with the stories I keep up with using my WordPress reader. I'm also concerned that we might clog up this thread with our update posts.

I was thinking that if you guys want to update using this thread as well, we could do a recap of our updates once a week or something, if we have any updates.

I like the recap idea :) so maybe we try to keep up using wordpresd reader or Bookmarks but wr do Weekly recaps to make sure nothing is missed? :) or maybe every two weeks. Depending how often we update.

I think that would work for me ^^
  • Options
    Julyvee94 wrote: »

I like the recap idea :) so maybe we try to keep up using wordpresd reader or Bookmarks but wr do Weekly recaps to make sure nothing is missed? :) or maybe every two weeks. Depending how often we update.

I think that would work for me ^^

Yup! Okay, now for @pronterus and @Meggles to give their two cents! :) Feel free to suggest anything different if you guys disagree.
  • Options
    Catching up! (Been busy all morning, yikes!)

I like the weekly update from everyone even if it's a "I didn't post" update, lol.

I'm almost done with Undead with Benefits! Today is more family time so I'm not sure if I'll get more reading in today but you'll see my likes or comments if I do, lol. :)
  • Options
    All caught up with @Meggles Build Newcrest :) I enjoyed it a lot! The characters are so fun and I love the japanese names. Now I'm gonna read Undead with benefits. I'm looking forward to it since I've only heard good things about it.
  • Options
    Yay! Thanks, Vee! :heart:

I'll probably take time to read during my lunch break today. I've spent my evenings rewatching an anime I adore (Cardcaptor Sakura). I'm just getting to the extra adorable parts so it'll be hard to split my time between Dine Out, reading, and watching that, lol!
  • Options
    All caught up on Undead with benefits :) this story is so funny and dramatic at the same time! I want to know what's up with Don Antares. At the same time Preston and his sword Chickenbane always crack me up :) Great mix @pronterus

I am so glad I joined this circle :) you guys are one talented bunch!
  • Options
    Glad you enjoyed it @Julyvee94 ! I'm about halfway into @Meggles Build Newcrest. :)
  • Options
    I just finished catching up to Vee is for Vortex!

On to the Goths! :sunglasses:
  • Options
    Hey guys :) As promised, I started a new story and I published the first chapter today! Here's the link to the thread http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/890256/until-it-breaks-an-original-story-06-10-chapter-1/p1

Can I swap this new story for "Vee is for Vortex"? I'd rather have some feedback for the new story :) there's only one chapter so far so it should be easy to catch up :)
  • Options
    Alright @Julyvee94 ! Updated the front page :)
  • Options
    Sorry I haven't been on much! The past week at work has been super exhausting, whew.

@Julyvee94 A new story! Whoopee! :)
  • Options
    Sounds good, Vee! Glad I caught up before you switched out!

Now I guess I have to update my mods and get back into Newcrest... :sweat:
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Almost caught up with everything! Just finished @pronterus' Undead With Benefits, read your latest chapter, @Julyvee94, and re-read through the whole of Gen 2, @Meggles (three more chapters to go for the latter)!

I'm wondering about the questionnaire you posted up, @Meggles - shall we begin answering it? :)
  • Options
    I'm wondering about the questionnaire you posted up, @Meggles - shall we begin answering it? :)

Oh, let's! :lol: I'll work on mine throughout the work day. :sunglasses:
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Real name (if you want to tell it, optional nickname you prefer): Julia

Do you have a pet: No, never had, sadly. My parents always said we go on holiday too much and now I live alone and don't have time for a pet with college and all that jazz

Favourite season: Summer! I love relaxing in the sun and swimming in the pool

Hobby (not playing sims): Swimming, Video Games of all sorts, Drawing (occasionally), Reading

Dream job if everything is possible: Game designer/programmer. Or maybe youtube travel vlogger?

Any sports you do? Swimming. I used to do dancing as well. I also go the gym but only for health reasons. I hate it.

Favourite food: Everything lmao. I would probably say Spaghetti Carbonara though.

Favourite superhero: Batman

Favourite disney princess: Uhm, never been that much into Disney princesses tbh. But I think maybe Jasmine or Elsa.

My favourite film right now: Catch me if you can with Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks. It's been my fav for ages! But I also really love historic movies, like the one about Alan Turing or "The Kings Speech"

First film you watched where your parents said you are too young for it: Can't remember xD Maybe lord of the rings? I remember playing Uncharted 2 when I was 17 though and my parents told me to sell it bc I was supposedly to young (the game was rated 16+)

The first book you cried like the world is ending right now: Book, I'm not sure but I cried my eyes out at the ending of the movie "Gladiator"

Book series you need to be continued: Harry Potter. Omg I would love a sequel or prequel of that.

How would you dress yourself the whole time without thinking of the weather: Summer dresses, or xxl shirts with bikini underneath.

Picture of your simself: It's in my avatar ^^

Favourite sim right now and picture: It's a sim from my new story but it would be a spoiler to post a picture of them at this point :D

First time you played sims what happened: I made a family consisting of two sisters and a guy (Sims 2). I killed the guy by taking away the pool ladder. Mwhahaha, didn't we all.

Dream expansion pack for sims 4: Seasons! And maybe a geek themed pack but I know that's never gonna happen xD
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Here're my survey responses complete with commentary, haha! :blush:

Do you have a pet: YES. The best dog ever. She's got RBF (google it if you're confused :lol: ) Her name is Oolie and she's a shih tzu.

Favourite season: Autumn! It's my birthday month (Oct 26!), the weather is cool, and the scenery is great. PLUS it's the season for Halloween and Thanksgiving. :)

Hobby (not playing sims): I sing with both a symphony chorus and a Bach chorus. I'm starting to read manga again (or really re-reading my favs) and re-watching favorite feel-good shows I enjoy. I'm always trying to get back into art but I'm a perfectionist and a procrastinator (they go hand in hand, you know). I'm also wanting to get back to writing more for fun. I also cosplay but not this year, really, since I'm lacking confidence at the moment. Also overseas travel (an expensive hobby).

Dream job: I would absolutely love being in an orchestra or wind ensemble and get paid to do that all the time. The same goes for choir. Split my time between those two places and I'm golden. OR I would love to be a confident teacher teaching choir to a bunch of kids that love what they're doing. OR (lol, I obviously think about this a lot) a job where I can talk to customers and be happy and people respect me and think I'm doing a good job (too real, yikes).

Any sports you do?: No, lol... I am not a sports person, sadly. I had a desire to play soccer when I was younger but it conflicted with hand bells. Then I wanted to do volleyball but it conflicted with band. When I was really little I wanted to do dance but that didn't happen, either. OH WELL.

Favourite food: TOUGH. At holidays we make weinerschnitzel and spaetzle and it's super yummy. I think that might be my favorite. (Salmon sushi comes up second, though!)

Favourite superhero: I think Captain America. I just love Steve Rogers. He's a precious baby. Second is Thor. He is also a precious baby (lol). However, if you count Magical Girls as superheros (I DO!) then it's a toss up between Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura.

Favourite disney princess: I'm pretty sure my first one was Ariel or Aurora so I'm sort of drawn to both of them for that reason. I also love them because they are recognized by their singing (like, IN the movie, not like all of them sing). BUT I think I love Mulan the most. Independent woman, China... it's got my number, lol.

My favourite film right now: I don't watch a lot of movies (I'll watch a series instead) but I can watch Pride and Prejudice (2005) repeatedly without getting bored. I have it memorized. I also have My Big Fat Greek Wedding memorized so it's also a contender.

First film you watched where your parents said you are too young for it: My parents really didn't screen me from this sort of thing (I self-screened myself, lol) but I was seven when I first saw Rocky Horror Picture Show. Lots of nudity and sexy times, lol.

The first book you cried like the world is ending: I think it might have been Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. The death towards the end got me. But I think I cried more in HP and the Deathly Hallows when
    Hedwig died, first, and then at the end when we found out both Tonks and Lupin died. That was more emotional for me. I think I sobbed.

Book series you need to be continued: I've read a bunch of the Uglies series. The third (and last) one is called Extras and I started it but never finished. It's also borrowed from a friend so I need to get that read, lol.

How would you dress yourself the whole time without thinking of the weather: Comfy dresses/tunics and leggings with toms. Scarf/pashmina optional, haha.

Picture of your simself: My icon is my simself so take a peek!

Favourite sim right now and picture: Her name is Miyako Ikeda and she's currently in the running to be the heir of my legacy. She's not as qualified for the position as her older sister is but I love her look and I love her personality. Pictures under the spoiler since she's a little big, lol.
    miyako_guitar.png

miyako.png?w=496&h=496&crop=1

First time you played sims what happened: It was SO long ago. I probably micromanaged too much. I think I must have sent my sim to the restaurant since Hot Date had just come out. My friend had it and she showed me and I was hooked. She got mad because I didn't want to do anything else. Ah, childhood.

Dream expansion pack for sims 4: I really don't know... Maybe something with more crafts or music stuff. OH, I really enjoyed the original Sims superstar expansion pack. It was so much fun. I don't think anything could beat the fun of that. (Maybe only pets with an accurate looking shih tzu could beat it...)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @Julyvee94 I think I might have misunderstood the book question! I like your sort of answer better, lol. I agree that Harry Potter would be GREAT to continue! The world is SO vast the opportunities are endless! I'm a sucker for generational stories, lol. But OH A PREQUEL! I love the Marauders so much.

ETA: I also love historical movies. The costumes! :love:

I would also love a seasons expansion but I assume it's coming so I didn't want to put it.
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Hmmm somewhere I know this questions from … oh well, I wrote them for our reading circle :D Okay back to the lurker mode