Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading Circle D - (The Lovely Kamikazes)

Comments

• Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited June 2016
    Marialein wrote: »
    Hmmm somewhere I know this questions from … oh well, I wrote them for our reading circle :D Okay back to the lurker mode

What! *shifty eyes* I don't know what you mean... ;)

*ninjapig goes into stealth mode*
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    edited June 2016
    Meggles wrote: »
    Hmmm somewhere I know this questions from … oh well, I wrote them for our reading circle :D Okay back to the lurker mode

Thanks @Marialein! <3:) ( . . ) Check your thread for a surprise! :hushed:
  • Options

Thanks @Marialein! <3:) ( . . ) Check your thread for a surprise! :hushed:

(Nice dipolomacy, ninjapig!) :D:D@exokamikaze
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @Meggles *ninjapig high-fives you* :)

*goes back to licking blue frosting off the bowl* ( . . ) <3
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Hello to all! :) Answering the questionnaire now:

Real name (if you want to tell it, optional nickname you prefer): Winnie. And ninjapig says you all know her by now, so no introduction needed there! *waves a trotter*

Do you have a pet: I used to, but not anymore! I had a lovely Persian cat named Smokey - had him since I was 9, and he passed away sometime when I was 23. He was the sweetest cat ever, and so devoted to me and my family.

Favourite season: Autumn! I love the beautiful fall leaves and crisp air. To me it signals new beginnings - I travelled to the UK to study twice, and most, if not all, courses start in autumn, so that's why. In my country though, I love the rainy seasons, because it gives us a respite from the heat and makes everything feel super cozy and relaxed.

Hobby (not playing sims): Reading, colouring, binge-watching TV series (Suits! Game of Thrones!), going to the movies, playing other video games, and trying out new restaurants and cafes! Also writing, of course. :);)

Dream job if everything is possible: International food blogger! I'd also love to write about travel and have the occasional geeky post about games, TV shows, and movies too. And a bit of fashion here and there I guess. Maybe I should have said lifestyle blogger? :)

Any sports you do? I used to play netball in school but I've not done sports in a while. I love the water, but have not learnt how to swim properly! (Doggy paddle FTW.)

Favourite food: Oh boy, there's no way I can possibly choose! But I'd say anything with potatoes, or a potato dish in general. ninjapig, on the other hand, loves mushrooms. *blissful oink* <3

Favourite superhero: Batman, but I have a huge soft spot for Spiderman too. Geeky nerds with huge responsibilities and powers? So relatable and easy to love.

Favourite disney princess: Tiana, and Mulan is a close second! I love Tiana's hardworking nature and ambition. She has such drive and passion to realise her dreams! And of course, Mulan is brave, persistent, and so self-sacrificing when it comes to her family. Strong women as role models for little children are awesome.

My favourite film right now: Can I pick more than one? It's a toss-up between The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Kingsman, The Terminal, Meet Joe Black, The Pianist, and The Jacket! I really enjoy watching action movies with clever dialogue, but I have a soft spot for animated ones, as well as movies that make you think but that don't try too hard. Subtlety is key.

First film you watched where your parents said you are too young for it: I went with my parents to watch Titanic in the cinema when I was about 9-11 and was totally bored by it. They told me to close my eyes for some scenes, and I obediently did, but I really didn't care for the show until I was much older. (I still think it's overrated, haha!)

The first book you cried like the world is ending right now: I've actually never been emotional over a book...I'm just wired that way, I guess! I've been sad, but not to the point of shedding tears.

Book series you need to be continued: Hmm. I'd love to read a sequel to 'The Night Circus' by Erin Morgenstern. It's such a magical, wondrous book.

How would you dress yourself the whole time without thinking of the weather: Boots! Dark leggings/leather pants, a bright, cozy sweater/fitted top, and a long necklace. Or ankle-length, flowy dresses. :)

Picture of your simself: Here!

Favourite sim right now and picture: Ah I can't post a picture of her without spoiling a surprise! I hope that's okay, since I'll share her with you guys some time in my next few updates. Dahlia Goth! She aged up into a gorgeous teenager, curvy, with a masculine hairstyle but feminine clothing!

First time you played sims what happened: It was the Sims 1, with Bob and Betty Newbie! I tried SO hard to improve their lives - cleaning up, skilling them up, improving their relationships, saving Simoleons as best I could - and I loved managing their household! :)

Dream expansion pack for sims 4: Pets, with little teacup/mini pigs! <3
    Post edited by eXokamikaze on
  • Options
    @Julyvee94 I love 'The Imitation Game'! I assume that's the movie you meant about Alan Turing? It was so well done. :)

@Meggles Steve Rogers is a gorgeous, awesome hunk of a dude. Cardcaptor Sakura is great, and I really agree with you about the Marauders! I think that is definitely the best era of the HP books. :)
  • Options
    @Julyvee94 I love 'The Imitation Game'! I assume that's the movie you meant about Alan Turing? It was so well done. :)

@Meggles Steve Rogers is a gorgeous, awesome hunk of a dude. Cardcaptor Sakura is great, and I really agree with you about the Marauders! I think that is definitely the best era of the HP books. :)

@eXokamikaze & @Julyvee94 I haven't seen The Imitation Game yet but I have a friend who love Bendysnap Cabbagepatch :smirk: and she loved the movie so I'm sure I'll see it eventually!

Steve Rogers is so wholesome, I just want to squeeze him, LOL. I still haven't seen Civil War, yet, even though I know some Things about it... (Steve x Peggy FOREVER!)

AND CARDCAPTOR SAKURA. I just finished binge-ing the anime and the manga and I actually had legit FEELS. Near tears and my heart was so full because of how cute they are. It was an actual "cannot even" moment. It's so strange, I don't think a book or show has ever effected me like that before (wait... I'm lying, Doctor Who with River and the Doctor made me feel like that, LOL, but CCS gave me MUCH more of The Feels). It's a little embarassing but I've seen how other people react to other fandoms so I guess it's not *that* weird... (I have to keep telling myself this, LOL.)

@eXokamikaze I had to look up netball! Interesting! I would probably not be good at it, haha!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @Meggles Bahaha Bendysnap. :D I think you'll really love it! Prepare for tissues though, it got me choked up - and I'm not easy to choke up!

That's exactly it! He's the personification of the word 'wholesome', with the weight of the world on his shoulders. Ah, Steve. <3

CCS is so well done. CLAMP does a good job of emotionally heartwrenching cutesy stories. And you can feel the effort, love and care put into each character and dialogue and drawing...guh.

It was so fun! I used to do the high jump event and short sprint relay races too at sports day athletics. I was pretty good at it, but not spectacular. :)
  • Options
    @eXokamikaze OH OH, did you know they're currently putting out a sequel to the CCS manga?! IT'S SO CUTE! The next chapter comes out July 2nd!
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @eXokamikaze yes the Imitation Game! Amazing. Also omg I love suits I Binge watched it with my bf. So clever and witty :)
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Awesome questionnaire! I'll answer it, too :)

Do you have a pet: I used to have a few cats, but they either ran away or died. So I am not worthy to take care of pets. xD The longest one that stayed with me was a stray I took in called Miao Miao; she stayed for about a month before deciding to leave.

Favourite season: I've never experienced all four seasons yet, but I'd love to see how autumn is like. I'm already sick of summer all-year round.

Hobby (not playing sims): Building Gundam model kits, cosplaying, reading books, writing, and playing dance games and rhythm games at the arcade.

Dream job if everything is possible: Japanese translator/interpreter, and possibly live in another country.

Any sports you do? Not really, but I go jogging a few times a week. I also exercise with dumbbells.

Favourite food: There's a lot, but I would have to say Korean bibimbap.

Favourite superhero: Iron Man because Tony Stark is awesome.

Favourite Disney princess: Hmm, probably Elsa.

My favourite film right now: The most recent one I've watched was X:Men Apocalypse, but I liked the Deadpool movie more.

First film you watched where your parents said you are too young for it: Now that, I can't remember. It was this Filipino comedy film but had adult humor so I wasn't allowed to watch at that time.

The first book you cried like the world is ending right now: Never experienced crying from reading a book, but I cried my eyes out in the "Les Miserables" film.

Book series you need to be continued: The Sharpe series by Bernard Cornwell; or the other books written by him in general.

How would you dress yourself the whole time without thinking of the weather: Something layered, like coats and scarves. People say I look better wearing something layered than just a typical t-shirt and pants.

Picture of your simself: In my avatar lol

Favourite sim right now and picture: Doc Domingo from my story. It's fun to take pictures of him.

First time you played sims what happened: Michael Bachelor's social meter became red and I had no idea how to make it green again. xD

Dream expansion pack for sims 4: Something supernatural with vampires and magic. Or an Asian-themed stuff/game pack!
  • Options
    @pronterus Your favorite food sounds delicious (I googled it). I've had something like that and it was so yummy. :heart:

Also, despite being a music theatre person, I still haven't seen Les Mis! :confounded:
  • Options
    @pronterus Your favorite food sounds delicious (I googled it). I've had something like that and it was so yummy. :heart:

Also, despite being a music theatre person, I still haven't seen Les Mis! :confounded:

@Meggles Bibimbap is awesome, delicious, healthy, and easy to make! It's the dish that made me love to eat veggies.

When I watched Les Mis for the first time, I didn't expect to cry so hard; I had to ask for some tissue from the person next to me. xD
  • Options
    pronterus wrote: »

@Meggles Bibimbap is awesome, delicious, healthy, and easy to make! It's the dish that made me love to eat veggies.

When I watched Les Mis for the first time, I didn't expect to cry so hard; I had to ask for some tissue from the person next to me. xD

I saw Les Mis on stage and it made me cry, too. I almost forgot about that. I think I was blocking it out because the poor guy playing Jean Valjean's voice cracked every time he hit a high note. :joy:

I do cry a lot easier at things now a days. I think it's something I've inherited from both my mother and grandmother. I'll probably end up as one of those old women who cry at birthday cards...
  • Options
    I loved your newest Post @pronterus the world is so engulfing. It's set up so well and the suspense is killing me! I hope they get back at Don Antares and the Pastor for what they did
  • Options
    Thanks @Julyvee94 ! I have another chapter lined up after the most recent one, but it will probably be posted after my trip to Negros Island this weekend.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @pronterus Loved reading more about you! Deadpool was such a great movie! And I totally agree with you about an Asian stuff pack! Mmm, curry and sushi and noodles for Sims to eat. :)

(As always, it always goes back to food with me. xD)

Also, Tony Stark is the best. So sarcastic and smart-mouthed, it's unbelievable. xD

Have a great trip! :)
  • Options
    @pronterus Loved reading more about you! Deadpool was such a great movie! And I totally agree with you about an Asian stuff pack! Mmm, curry and sushi and noodles for Sims to eat. :)

(As always, it always goes back to food with me. xD)

Also, Tony Stark is the best. So sarcastic and smart-mouthed, it's unbelievable. xD

Have a great trip! :)

Thanks @eXokamikaze ! I'll be taking pictures for my trip as well as writing a travelogue for it to be posted on my builder's blog. The place I'm visiting is well known for a dish called Chicken Inasal, and I can't wait to try it at the place where it originated from.

An Asian-themed pack can really help, especially when I create Japanese builds and Southeast Asian builds. I often have to improvise on the game's current in-game items, but I guess improvisation is a good thing. xD
  • Options
    An idea suddenly hit me: I want to create houses for you guys! I'll create small houses that are around 50k simoleons based on your preferences. Then I can use it to house your simselves for a funny story or something. Just fill out the form like so:

Preferred Style: (modern/traditional/etc.)
    Special Room: (it can be a writing room/music room/etc.)
    Dominant Colors: (what you want to see throughout the whole build)

In my case:

Preferred Style: Traditional Asian with modern touches
    Special Room: A simming room
    Dominant colors: Neutral colors with splashes of orange and black
  • Options
    Great idea @pronterus :) I like modern Houses with red and beige as colours ^^ as a special room I like a gaming room or a reading nook
  • Options
    Aw! Thanks so much @pronterus! :)

Preferred Style: I like tiny, cozy cottages with lots of flowers in the garden! And maybe a pond. :)
    Special Room: A well-stocked kitchen with lots of food! (and maybe a ninjapig :D )
    Dominant Colors: I love all colours, but my favourite is green. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    That is so sweet of you, @pronterus !!!!

I saw this yesterday but I was having trouble thinking about what I like in homes - it's hard! Like, I enjoy visiting hotels that are modern but I prefer cozy and comfy places at home.

Preferred Style: "French Provinicial" (lol, sounds so pretentious)
    Special Room: A cute back garden with seating (AND an easel?!)
    Dominant Colors: I'm OK with most colors but I think yellow (not flourescent, obviously!) is my favorite for accenting things
    Post edited by Meggles on
  • Options
    Awesome guys! I'll get to work on these next week, right after my trip. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I've finally updated my story! It's been about a month but I just didn't have any screenies until about a week ago. I'm also going to try and not regret going the direction I've chosen, lol. I do have a different idea to make the next generation a little more fun but I still have a while to go!

In this update Miyako tells you about a play the kids are involved in at school and you get to see all their cousins.

Build Newcrest: Chapter 3.3
  • Options
    Wow huge family that is @Meggles
    Miyako is so pretty :) I also like alvetta a lot. It's interesting to see the children of premades. I can't say I have The full overview on the ikedas but I still liked seeing everyone :) and yay for the play I think Miyako has the necessary confidence