Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading Circles - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Asaoyoru wrote: »
    @Acarb90 and @InfraGreen I would technically be interested in joining (since I'm taking my story into a very story-driven direction with quite a bit of drama soon) AND I read your stories already ... But I'm not sure if being in 3 reading circles is okay? I don't want to block anyone's place.

It's OK! I usually suggest that writers have a separate story for each thread, but not all of them do that, so that's more just a technicality. It's fine to be in as many circles as you want.

then how do you pick one you have like 21 and counting.lol. now aren't you glad work sent me home?

I'm in three circles! :) With a different story for each... I don't think I could keep up with 21 circles! That's a lot of reading!

And I am glad work sent you home... are you glad to be home?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @Acarb90 and @InfraGreen I would technically be interested in joining (since I'm taking my story into a very story-driven direction with quite a bit of drama soon) AND I read your stories already ... But I'm not sure if being in 3 reading circles is okay? I don't want to block anyone's place.

It's OK! I usually suggest that writers have a separate story for each thread, but not all of them do that, so that's more just a technicality. It's fine to be in as many circles as you want.

then how do you pick one you have like 21 and counting.lol. now aren't you glad work sent me home?

I'm in three circles! :) With a different story for each... I don't think I could keep up with 21 circles! That's a lot of reading!

And I am glad work sent you home... are you glad to be home?

yes and no. yes because it was hot there and no because i hope i don't lose my senority. my timecard knows how how to fly so its been 2 weeks since i actually clocked in.

mom and i can get it fixed tomorrow evening.

lol i thought you meant stories which would be close to 21 now.
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member

Ok then I'll make the thread tonight!

What should the name be lol
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    I read that youtube is losing their slideshow and video editing next month. What's a good alt
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @CathyTea Please remove @Yushika and @TheoriesofHappiness from the Willingly Writing Reading Circle. They have both been inactive for awhile. Thank you.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Hi everyone, Willingly Writing Reading Circle has 2 open spots again.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/890647/willingly-writing-reading-circle-2-spots-open/p1?new=1

We take story driven Sim stories, have a reading selection/ discussion about twice a month, and we're a smallish but fairly active group. We ask for at least once a month participation to keep things fresh and moving. If interested, pop over and look at our corner and let me know.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Hello!
    I'm going to start again playing the legacy challenge. I would like again to be in one of the reading circles when I start the story. The story will be game-driven. If there are open places in the eligible reading circle, please let me know! :)
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 I sent you a PM but I noticed that the thread says to leave a message here. I'm interested in joining if you still have a spot available.
  • Options
    ninaumi wrote: »
    Hello!
    I'm going to start again playing the legacy challenge. I would like again to be in one of the reading circles when I start the story. The story will be game-driven. If there are open places in the eligible reading circle, please let me know! :)

Hi, @ninaumi ! I suggest you check out (In it for) The Long Haul! It's specifically designed for legacies! You can find a link to the circle thread on our first page of this thread--so just head on over there, check it out, and ask if you can join!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @CathyTea

But it's full. And there are a lot of stories/people, too.
  • Options
    @CathyTea

Right you are! My listing on the first post here was woefully out of date! I've just updated it.

You are welcome to join The Phoenix Puffclaws! We are one of the more relaxed and casual groups. Some of our members update stories often, some don't. Some keep up with all the readings, some don't. As the circle founder, I would gladly keep up with reading your legacy!

We're a very friendly and group, and we'd enjoy having you join us! :)

• Options
    @CathyTea

Right you are! My listing on the first post here was woefully out of date! I've just updated it.

You are welcome to join The Phoenix Puffclaws! We are one of the more relaxed and casual groups. Some of our members update stories often, some don't. Some keep up with all the readings, some don't. As the circle founder, I would gladly keep up with reading your legacy!

We're a very friendly and group, and we'd enjoy having you join us! :)

i remeber how much we struggled to come up with a name.
  • Options
    @CathyTea Thank you so much! :smiley:

@friendsfan367 I think it's really cool!
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 I sent you a message. Sorry for the delay. I have been busy the last few days. You're welcome to pop over and introduce yourself to the group. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    pickledsimmerpickledsimmer Posts: 105 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hey everyone!

I'm looking to start up a reading circle, with myself and four other members. It's for TS4 stories where we read everyone's story but also once a week a featured author answers some story related questions and is a time to ask for anything (ie. comments, likes, encouraging words, help with an idea). I'd like to keep it small in the beginning but active, a place where members that are either busy with real life or other simlit and can only contribute a small amount of time each week can some too. You would be asked for some activity each week though. Just a relaxed and chill environment.

Let me know if there are any takers!
    Post edited by pickledsimmer on
    The Barrow Legacy - UPDATED 08/14
  • Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm looking to start up a reading circle, with myself and four other members. It's for TS4 stories where we read everyone's story but also once a week a featured author answers some story related questions and is a time to ask for anything (ie. comments, likes, encouraging words, help with an idea). I'd like to keep it small in the beginning but active, a place where members that are either busy with real life or other simlit and can only contribute a small amount of time each week can some too. You would be asked for some activity each week though. Just a relaxed and chill environment.

I'd enjoy this, @pickledsimmer ! I'm in three circles, but only two are active anymore, and neither of them do this type of organized approach. I'd love to have something structured to add to the mix!

• Options
    pickledsimmerpickledsimmer Posts: 105 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hey everyone!

I'd enjoy this, @pickledsimmer ! I'm in three circles, but only two are active anymore, and neither of them do this type of organized approach. I'd love to have something structured to add to the mix!

Great! I'd love to have you join! I'm currently in the process of creating a forum for it :smiley: I came up with the name FAR (Friends and Readers) so it should be posted soon.

EDIT: What story would you like to add? Then I can add it under your name.
    The Barrow Legacy - UPDATED 08/14
  • Options
    @CathyTea Please add @Piazzagirl1015 to WW reading circle. Thanks.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @CathyTea Please add @Piazzagirl1015 to WW reading circle. Thanks.

i sent her pm for you. her project ramped up again but since we have a exsisting pm already i tryand help out.
  • Options
    bookloverbluebookloverblue Posts: 451 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi everyone!

I'm a hobbyist writer both in Sim Lit and outside of it.

Currently got two Sims 4 projects on the go: The Miskin Legacy - From Misery to Merit? and Dr. Marlow's Home for the Sanity-Challenged. The first is a Legacy about to begin its 7th gen, and the second is an Victorian-themed Asylum "challenge". (I use the term "challenge" loosely as my stuff is more narrative/plot driven than points driven.)

I update irregularly due to real-life stuff, and tend to do so in spurts. However, happy to be a regular reader. As a writer, I crave feedback, and appreciate it hugely.

I will say up front that I feel the Miskin stories get better in later generations - it began as a laissez-faire, fun project, but I got a lot more into it than I ever expected!

From a quick browse, The Phoenix Puffclaws appeals (@cathytea) and may suit my schedule best.
  • Options
    @CathyTea whoops, I thought I did this already... please add @Munterbacon to Willingly Writing Reading Circle. Thanks. And we're full. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm a hobbyist writer both in Sim Lit and outside of it.

Currently got two Sims 4 projects on the go: The Miskin Legacy - From Misery to Merit? and Dr. Marlow's Home for the Sanity-Challenged. The first is a Legacy about to begin its 7th gen, and the second is an Victorian-themed Asylum "challenge". (I use the term "challenge" loosely as my stuff is more narrative/plot driven than points driven.)

I update irregularly due to real-life stuff, and tend to do so in spurts. However, happy to be a regular reader. As a writer, I crave feedback, and appreciate it hugely.

I will say up front that I feel the Miskin stories get better in later generations - it began as a laissez-faire, fun project, but I got a lot more into it than I ever expected!

From a quick browse, The Phoenix Puffclaws appeals (@cathytea) and may suit my schedule best.

Yay ! We'love love to have you , @bookloverblue ! I adore giving feedback , so I'm glad you like receiving it!

Pop on over to the thread to introduce yourself when you get a chance ! We've got a questionnaire somewhere on page 3 or something . ..

• Options
    elifdapetonelifdapeton Posts: 217 Member
    Any open spot?
    Or, if there is none, will anybody want to join?

I write a legacy story but only two chapters
    and I also write neighborhood rotation also with only two chapters
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
    | Legacy Challenge Story. 18+
  • Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    Any open spot?
    Or, if there is none, will anybody want to join?

I second this question! I also want to know if there are any horror-themed circles and, if not, if anyone would be interested in joining one.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    15aewar wrote: »
    I second this question! I also want to know if there are any horror-themed circles and, if not, if anyone would be interested in joining one.

Wow, a horror themed circle? I'm super interested but I'm so busy these days so I can't dedicate myself to another circle :sob: I'd make a different story to put into it if I ever have time to, though. The current ones I'm writing aren't horror, haha :joy: If you ever make it, I'd love to lurk :)