Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading Circles - For All Games!

Comments

• StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    I was thinking of trying to start a reading circle focused around blog style stories (like my No Shame story) but was wondering if anyone else was interested in joining in. As far as I'm aware I'm the only person doing one at the moment but I thought it might be fun to have a circle of people all writing their stories in sim blog form and interacting with each other's blogs as their respective sims like a community of bloggers. Is there any interest in this kind of circle?
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I was thinking of trying to start a reading circle focused around blog style stories (like my No Shame story) but was wondering if anyone else was interested in joining in. As far as I'm aware I'm the only person doing one at the moment but I thought it might be fun to have a circle of people all writing their stories in sim blog form and interacting with each other's blogs as their respective sims like a community of bloggers. Is there any interest in this kind of circle?

Oh, gosh... very tempting! Maybe I would want to do this for my Zuki story? **thinkthinkthink** let me ponder for a day or two and I'll get back to you!

Will aliens living with SimEarthlings fit into your lore?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »

Oh, gosh... very tempting! Maybe I would want to do this for my Zuki story? **thinkthinkthink** let me ponder for a day or two and I'll get back to you!

Will aliens living with SimEarthlings fit into your lore?

@CathyTea I don't really have lore for this story other than the basic stuff mentioned in the story so far about the various talent agencies and Marissa's career. Plus if I do a reading circle the last thing I want to do is to limit other people on their stories so I have no issue with Aliens or supernaturals.

I was basically just thinking that people could do their own thing with their own blog style stories and just have fun with it rather than worrying too much about if one story has supernaturals and another doesn't. The only real potential guidelines would be little house rules specific to the comments sections on other writers blogs. Such as in my case I would have the basic rule of no mentioning game mechanics in the comments for my blog since I treat my game as a real world not a game. Basically kind of a policy of people being free to do what you want with your story but just be courteous and don't step on the toes of the other writers when in their comment section. (Though I'd be fully open to discussing things further if a circle got started and people had thoughts on the matter).
    @CathyTea Just a heads up I went ahead and created the reading circle page currently titled the The "Welcome to the Blogeshpere" Reading Circle. So could you please add it to the listing when you get the chance :)
    @CathyTea Just a heads up I went ahead and created the reading circle page currently titled the The "Welcome to the Blogeshpere" Reading Circle. So could you please add it to the listing when you get the chance :)

Great, @AuroraLockwood ! :) I've set up the thread!

I've promised myself not to join any new projects today because we're embarking on a kitchen remodel :o (Measurements being done as I write!).

So, I'll see about joining up tomorrow or the next day! It's a great idea and a really neat way to tell the story!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

I've promised myself not to join any new projects today because we're embarking on a kitchen remodel :o (Measurements being done as I write!).

So, I'll see about joining up tomorrow or the next day! It's a great idea and a really neat way to tell the story!

Fair enough. If you fully decide to join just message me the details for the story (title, genre, a basic premise) if you want an example I have mine set up on the thread already.

Best of luck with the remodel.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

your shower isn't in the kitchen.

last i read the shower had broke.

Shower job: Done and finished! Check! :)

@CathyTea

An update on the Phantasmal Fantasy Reading Circle. We have openings in our circle and are looking for members again and our current members are @AuroraLockwood @pronterus @simscognito and @chalicen

Shower job: Done and finished! Check! :)

i forgot about that. glad its done though :)
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    @CathyTea

Hey there! Just thought I'd pop in and let you know that Bedtime Stories is on hiatus. (If that wasn't obvious already with it being inactive for months :sweat: ) Also, I might be interested in joining the Phantasmal Fantasy Reading Circle so I think I'll head over to that thread.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @CathyTea
    We currently have 4 members on hiatus in our Willingly Writing Circle. Can you please remove the following people? Thanks.
    1. @xJojox
    2. @swcheppes,
    3. @Munterbacon,
    4. @Dancer-freak

Also, we're keeping the group small for now so we aren't accepting new members at this point in time.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Hello!

I already made a reading circle, but I found it difficult to keep up since my story was so new and the people who joined had already established stories(They were all fantastic btw :wink: ). I was thinking of creating a new one for story driven(non-legacy) stories. I also wanted it to be for people who either have new stories or less than ten chapters out.

My requirements would be:

---Drama driven, mature story lines, sims 4, non-legacy

---Update at least bi-weekly (monthly is ok)

---Discuss as updates occur. Once everyone is caught up with the stories we can discuss favorites,etc..

Would anyone be interested? :smiley:

I think five members for now and if it's successful I'll add more!
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • megalodonsimmermegalodonsimmer Posts: 150 Member
    @Acarb90 I'm definitely interested. I'm working on a new sim drama story (based off of this short story I wrote last month).
    FaUPP49.jpg
    EA Origin ID: megalodonlive
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    @Acarb90 I'm definitely interested. I'm working on a new sim drama story (based off of this short story I wrote last month).

Awesome! I really liked your story!

Reply to my thread (dark and stormy reading circle) and I'll add you to the group :)

THIRTYT(2).png
    edited March 2018
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    Hello!

I already made a reading circle, but I found it difficult to keep up since my story was so new and the people who joined had already established stories(They were all fantastic btw :wink: ). I was thinking of creating a new one for story driven(non-legacy) stories. I also wanted it to be for people who either have new stories or less than ten chapters out.

My requirements would be:

---Drama driven, mature story lines, sims 4, non-legacy

---Update at least bi-weekly (monthly is ok)

---Discuss as updates occur. Once everyone is caught up with the stories we can discuss favorites,etc..

Would anyone be interested? :smiley:

I think five members for now and if it's successful I'll add more!

@Acarb90 If you're still recruiting for your circle, I'd be up for joining... if it's okay that I'll only have one chapter out by Thursday. I think it fits your group guidelines... it is definitely drama-driven, and mature themed. I plan to release chapters on a weekly or biweekly basis... that's the goal, but it may end up being monthly. Depends on my schedule. The only thing is it's sort-of legacy-esque... in reverse. I explain more over on my Stories from the Darker Side blog (link in signature). Or you can ask me to clarify here. So if it doesn't qualify, that's fine. Just thought I'd leave you a note here.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AdamsEve1231 @Acarb90 @IchigoUsagi Hiya! I think I've caught up on the updates for the list on the front page--sorry I was such a slacker!

If I need to make changes, please let me know!

No worries, @CathyTea. I may have more updates for you soon. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited March 2018
    Hi Reading Circle Peeps, Willingly Writing is looking for 1-2 new members since we have many of our members on hiatus right now. If interested, let me know here or PM me. Feel free to check out our circle here.

@CathyTea tagging so you're aware.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @CathyTea Please add @Maladi777 and @candycottonchu to the Willingly Writing circle. They are our newest additions! :) Thanks.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @CathyTea Please add @Maladi777 and @candycottonchu to the Willingly Writing circle. They are our newest additions! :) Thanks.

i'lll copy this to the pm i share with her. :)

done. i told you i can't resist helping.
    Thanks for your assistance, @friendsfan367.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

no problem. your welcome.

no problem. your welcome.

Thanks, you two! I've added this! :)