Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading Circles - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @swcheppes Alright, pop on over to our thread and introduce yourself.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »
    @AdamsEve1231 yes I would love to join the group!

yippppppppppppppppppie. the only other time i screamed was when mackie joined puffenclaw.
  • Options
    TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    @AdamsEve1231; yes, i'm still interested in joining, if you'll have me. ^_^
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231; yes, i'm still interested in joining, if you'll have me. ^_^

Absolutely! @TheoriesofHappiness feel free to pop over and introduce yourself in the WW thread. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    @CathyTea , @Twiggy has shut down the Random Reading Roundabout circle.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    edited June 2017
    @mastressalita @CathyTea In our Reading Circle I have posted a question yesterday... asking if we, the members, should close the circle. All of our members haven't been as active there as we might have been in the past. Sara, it saddens me to see that this is your only reaction to my question. I like to point out to you that with your above remark you have shut down the Roundabout yourself.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Twiggy wrote: »
    @mastressalita @CathyTea In our Reading Circle I have posted a question yesterday... asking if we, the members, should close the circle. All of our members haven't been as active there as we might have been in the past. Sara, it saddens me to see that this is your only reaction to my question. I like to point out to you that with your above remark you have shut down the Roundabout yourself.

I'll hold off on this request in order to let you all explore the question and move past the temporary miscommunication .
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @CathyTea Willingly Writing Reading Circle is full again. :) Here's our updated list:

1. @AdamsEve1231
    2. @xJojox
    3. @Simcraft81
    4. @TheoriesofHappiness
    5. @friendsfan367
    6. @swcheppes
    7. @Arrowleaf
    8. @Yushika

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @CathyTea Another Wolf Den update. :3 The group is now full again! :) |

@SilentWolf101
    @Cement
    @Arrowleaf
    @bellagorilla
    @Asaoyoru
    @winterbaby20
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    I am thinking of starting a reading circle for plot driven simlit! =)

The dramatics reading circle.

For all stories that are full of drama and romance! I think I would like to have like maybe 5-6 spots. Won't be an everyday thing. Mostly during the weekend. Weekly-bi-weekly reading.
    (Monday's are also good for me since it is technically my sunday lol)

anyone interested?
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    I am thinking of starting a reading circle for plot driven simlit! =)

The dramatics reading circle.

For all stories that are full of drama and romance! I think I would like to have like maybe 5-6 spots. Won't be an everyday thing. Mostly during the weekend. Weekly-bi-weekly reading.
    (Monday's are also good for me since it is technically my sunday lol)

anyone interested?

@Acarb90: I'd be interested! I've been trying to hold out and be a "free agent" with reading circles but I like a schedule that doesn't scare me. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Awesome! Love to have a fellow San myshuno writer ;)
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    I am just doing a day by day thing
  • Options
    (I know I'm behind on my secretarial duties here! I'm still in goof-off/recovery mode, but soon, I'll feel up for making the updates that have been posted over the last few weeks! )

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Hi All! Happy July 4th. I am not sure if it's ok to post here, as I don't belong to a reading circle - yet. I have a new chapter up for the Movin' On up Challenge. Please feel free to comment and enjoy! Thanks :)

https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2017/07/04/chapter-1-2-couch-surfing
  • Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    Hi! The Long Haul is accepting new members. This circle is for new legacy writers. We ask that you be in generation 1 or 2 of your legacy to join. So far, all current members have started a brand new legacy so there are not that many chapters you would have to read in order to catch up. We are a very laid back circle so you can catch up at your own pace. There are no calendars or time restrictions though we do ask that you attempt to read all of the legacies to show support.

@CathyTea would you please remove pickledsimmer from our official member list on the first page. She is now an honorary member.
  • Options
    Hi, everyone! :) I've updated the listings! Yay!

@Acarb90 and @InfraGreen -- are you ready to have me list your circle on the first page?

• Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

@Acarb90 and @InfraGreen -- are you ready to have me list your circle on the first page?

this thread updates almos t daily .
  • Options

@CathyTea: that idea is still on? I'm in if Acarb is but I can't say we've done much planning. :p

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »

@CathyTea: that idea is still on? I'm in if Acarb is but I can't say we've done much planning. :p

I totally am!!!

Lol I just thought the idea died. We do need more writers though :P
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options

I totally am!!!

Yeah I thought we were waiting on those first...hmm.

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options

I totally am!!!

I totally am!!!

Yeah I thought we were waiting on those first...hmm.

Well, what we sometimes do is list the circle on the first page, showing the spots open, create a thread for it, then talk it up on the Lounge and elsewhere! It usually works! :)

(Talking it up in your threads is a great idea, as you'll attract those who already read your stories.)

• Options
    AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    @Acarb90 and @InfraGreen I would technically be interested in joining (since I'm taking my story into a very story-driven direction with quite a bit of drama soon) AND I read your stories already ... But I'm not sure if being in 3 reading circles is okay? I don't want to block anyone's place.
  • Options
    Asaoyoru wrote: »
    @Acarb90 and @InfraGreen I would technically be interested in joining (since I'm taking my story into a very story-driven direction with quite a bit of drama soon) AND I read your stories already ... But I'm not sure if being in 3 reading circles is okay? I don't want to block anyone's place.

It's OK! I usually suggest that writers have a separate story for each thread, but not all of them do that, so that's more just a technicality. It's fine to be in as many circles as you want.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Asaoyoru wrote: »

It's OK! I usually suggest that writers have a separate story for each thread, but not all of them do that, so that's more just a technicality. It's fine to be in as many circles as you want.

then how do you pick one you have like 21 and counting.lol. now aren't you glad work sent me home?