Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confirmed, we can't work as chefs :/ meh

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    What if your sim owns a restaurant and takes his family out to eat at another restaurant and sees his workers working there instead. Does he yell at them, fire them or ignore the fact that they are working for the competition?
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    What if your sim owns a restaurant and takes his family out to eat at another restaurant and sees his workers working there instead. Does he yell at them, fire them or ignore the fact that they are working for the competition?
    That would be awesome. <3
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    MysticOne wrote: »
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    Zerbu just tweeted that he maybe mod this in, depending of how the whole system is coded.

I DON'T WANT A MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mods is what are saving Sims 4 anyway.

And also ruining it. I think EA is putting out insuffient packs knowing simmers will work their butts off creating mods.
    Mods don't ruin the game if they are fixing bugs the patches break.

That is exactly what I'm saying. EA has become dependent and lazy on mods 'fixing' and improving their packs. I don't and won't run mods. It's up to EA to put fun game things. They should be ashamed of their work ethics.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited May 2016
    Wow really? I just said on the screen shot thread how this pack looks fun and that i hope they dont disappoint us..
    giphy.gif

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    So... Maxis half bakes another pack... no surprise, I suppose.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited May 2016
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zagadoo!
    What a wasted opportunity! So we just stand around and do nothing?! WHAT IS THE POINT?! We should be able to work as the chef, waiter, and host! NOT BUYING IT AND NEVER WILL BUY ANOTHER SIM PRODUCT EVER!!!!!!!!!!
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    What's the point in fishing if you can't craft the rod?
    Cool idea.

You're awesome! lol Come to think of it now, though, I wish you could sell them in retail. Fishing stores. Rods, bait, clothes... lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    aws200 wrote: »

Zagadoo!
    What a wasted opportunity! So we just stand around and do nothing?! WHAT IS THE POINT?! We should be able to work as the chef, waiter, and host! NOT BUYING IT AND NEVER WILL BUY ANOTHER SIM PRODUCT EVER!!!!!!!!!!

Never say never. :smile:
  • Options
    lsarm55lsarm55 Posts: 103 Member
    This is the only thing I have to say

giphy.gif
  • Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    You couldn't play as chefs in TS2 either, they were NPCs, it just makes the system overall work better when they're programmed to do things. If they were controllable it would put things out of whack.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    howsimlish wrote: »
    You couldn't play as chefs in TS2 either, they were NPCs, it just makes the system overall work better when they're programmed to do things. If they were controllable it would put things out of whack.

Technically you could be a chef if you owned a restaurant in TS2. It was optional. If you didn't then you could hire someone else to do it.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member

Zagadoo!

I understand your frustration i swear :) , however i learned to calm down because we all know EA loves to milk us and always half-bakes Sims 4 products
    Even if I'm getting this GP it has to be in 50% sale because i don't think it's worth the price of a gamepack
    But I'm going to wait more until i can fully judge this GP, either way, not being able to play as a chef is enough disappointment for me to not get it at its full price, so im gonna wait :)
  • Options
    RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member

Welcome to The Sims 4, where no one can tell you what to do or how to do it. So have fun. Be powerful. Mess with life. Because in the world of The Sims, you rule. -The Sims EA

However, you can't even be the chef of your own restaurant.
    tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif
  • Options
    Cool idea.

You're awesome! lol Come to think of it now, though, I wish you could sell them in retail. Fishing stores. Rods, bait, clothes... lol.
    Yeah that sounds like so much fun. Next SP after kids pack, fishing pack. ;) Tags @SimGuruGraham.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Gurus pls
    Maybe they'll confirm tomorrow :(
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cool idea.

Yeah that sounds like so much fun. Next SP after kids pack, fishing pack. ;) Tags @SimGuruGraham.

We could use a fishing cooler where they never rot.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    graventhe wrote: »

Zagadoo!

I understand your frustration i swear :) , however i learned to calm down because we all know EA loves to milk us and always half-bakes Sims 4 products
    Even if I'm getting this GP it has to be in 50% sale because i don't think it's worth the price of a gamepack
    But I'm going to wait more until i can fully judge this GP, either way, not being able to play as a chef is enough disappointment for me to not get it at its full price, so im gonna wait :)

We just manage the place with broken useless NPCs just like Get To Work by the looks of it. So our Sim just stands around all day with magical chairs occurring all the time as usual (because trailers are scripted and made out of the game to make it look good and sell, they even show in white small text during the trailer its all fake and not real gameplay). I see zero reason to purchase this, it should've been a part of an EP like Nightlife/Late Night. Just to buy a broken magical chair factory for $20 is a joke. Thankfully I'm putting my money towards non EA products for now on. Can't wait for the gameplay videos to showcase how terrible this pack is. LGR will be happy though! :) There's a good amount of chairs this time.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Cool idea.

Yeah that sounds like so much fun. Next SP after kids pack, fishing pack. ;) Tags SimGuruGraham.

We could use a fishing cooler where they never rot.
    Yeah aquariums that don't rot fish too. :(
  • Options
    azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    For people who've never played Sims 2 with OFB, now you see why OFB is considered the best expansion ever made for the Sims franchise, and it's my favorite as well. Running, owning, and working at your restaurants was only one of the many features OFB added to the game. The bar was set so high in previous Sims games that Maxis can't meet them, especially with this new Sims 4 version that seems to be made for mobile more than for PC.

Still full judgment has to wait until the pack is released and we know all the details. The answer given by the guru could have been a misunderstanding of the initial question, unlikely as it is. When I first heard about this pack and some of the features, I fully expected it to offer the exact same things OFB did on the restaurant side. Why they wouldn't do this is anyone's guess, though mine is that the game engine doesn't allow for it. For some reason, they can't get sims to behave in a certain way, like only work instead of talking/playing.
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Whelp, there goes any remote interest I had in it.
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    howsimlish wrote: »

If the NPC chefs work anything like the caterers you hire for parties, it's going to be a nightmare.
  • Options
    GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    So that's it, it's more like The Sims 3 level of management of community lots, so you'll be able to "own" it, build, decorate, decide the work outfit and the employees, maybe the menu, but that's it, this was like, a base game feature of The Sims 3, just with a little more control.

Disappointed but not surprised.
  • Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    edited May 2016
    The chef comment is not clear to me at all in terms of what they are referring to. "Work as chefs" sounds like it's leaning towards active career, because it's a job where you'd have to complete tasks?

I don't see the cooking station working much differently than bars for mixology skill or the cupcake machine. We see a sim using them on several occasions in the trailer, including at a, what to me looks like a home lot. (The woman in kitchen wearing an apron with two children at a table drinking something). So obviously it's an object a sim can use.

Owning a restaurant requires much more than just being a chef, we do not yet know anything about the UI system that will come with it. (Especially since they mentioned being able to specify type of meals per restaurant.) Even if your sim uses cooking station at their own restaurant it will not be their only task, therefore their role is not just that of a chef. We see a selected sim using the podium too, is that a different role(waitress/host) or the managers main work station. We don't know yet!

Nevertheless I'm very excited for the ownership option and being able to own franchises. Is this going to be just for the restaurants or perhaps a patched in feature enabling sims to be able to own ANY community lots including collection of revenue etc?! We don't know yet :#
    Post edited by Slawfish on
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »
    If the NPC chefs work anything like the caterers you hire for parties, it's going to be a nightmare.
    Oh no, half finished food and cutting boards galore :grimace:
    I hope not lol
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member
    I'm not going to expect or compare it to anything to not be disappointed. I'm just going to judge what the game pack offers and the price it asks. Then I will see if it's worth it, that's it. I think this approach will help me enjoy it and appreciate what it offers better.
    tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif