Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confirmed, we can't work as chefs :/ meh

1111213141517...Next

Comments

• urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    edited May 2016
    yet another oversight.
    Get it together Sims makers.
    Was going to buy it right away, but if I have to rely on non control sims, like in get to work, forget it.
    We all saw how that worked out.
    They didn't work and talked, played as your business dyed and you slowly went under.
    I'll read the reviews before I buy now, because I have no faith.
  • thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member
    Maybe that's why they were asking for our saves to make sure workers actually worked correctly without problems.This vacuums ugh I should have known better.
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif

• pearson3pearson3 Posts: 33 Member
    I know this has been long talked about, but is there any chance this is a communication/translation problem? I know we can't hire our Sims, but I'm still hoping we can bring in a family to run each station. Not hired officially, but operating each position. Say Mom buys a restaurant and goes to visit the lot with Dad and their adult kid. Mom works as hostess, Dad the cook, adult child as the waiter, etc. Is that not possible? That's would be a lot more fun than dealing with employees, and allows the 'family run restaurant' idea.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    pearson3 wrote: »
    I know this has been long talked about, but is there any chance this is a communication/translation problem? I know we can't hire our Sims, but I'm still hoping we can bring in a family to run each station. Not hired officially, but operating each position. Say Mom buys a restaurant and goes to visit the lot with Dad and their adult kid. Mom works as hostess, Dad the cook, adult child as the waiter, etc. Is that not possible? That's would be a lot more fun than dealing with employees, and allows the 'family run restaurant' idea.

They seem to be indicating it's not possible. Though it's not quite clear enough to be sure and we may have to wait for someone to do a playtest to be sure.

• HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I think that Sims might be able to man the stations, since each position does require at least one Sim to man it and take up that position. We know that they have the Host Station, Waiter Station, and the Chef Station, and in the first trailer, we saw the controlled Sim operating the Host Station, so it may be possible that you can assign your Sims to work those stations, like manning a bar, and they can fill in the position to use it, since it looks like you need the Chef Station to actually have a functioning restaurant and can't just use regular counters and appliances.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think that Sims might be able to man the stations, since each position does require at least one Sim to man it and take up that position. We know that they have the Host Station, Waiter Station, and the Chef Station, and in the first trailer, we saw the controlled Sim operating the Host Station, so it may be possible that you can assign your Sims to work those stations, like manning a bar, and they can fill in the position to use it, since it looks like you need the Chef Station to actually have a functioning restaurant and can't just use regular counters and appliances.

I must have missed the controlled sim working the host station. Can you tell me exactly where that was in the trailer? Thanks
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

I sincerely hope so, but it doesn't appear that way. I believe manning the host station is part of the manager's role. I don't think he/she is able to man the other stations, but BOY would I love to be proven wrong. If it is this limited, hopefully enough complaints will push them to patch it in later.
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

I sincerely hope so, but it doesn't appear that way. I believe manning the host station is part of the manager's role. I don't think he/she is able to man the other stations, but BOY would I love to be proven wrong. If it is this limited, hopefully enough complaints will push them to patch it in later.

It takes four complaints to get EA to change things so come on guys let's cheer and send those four complaints in so they can change it (in the event that the restaurant game play is limited of course)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I must have missed the controlled sim working the host station. Can you tell me exactly where that was in the trailer? Thanks

OMG. I think I figured out why the video was reuploaded...
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    Okay, gang - I admit I only read the first and last pages but it seems nothing in between would change my comment: Is there a reason why the wife can't be the manager and hire her husband as chef...and the rest of the family as assigned staff ? The manager hires...right? I'm taking a wait and see attitude but I'm definitely NOT pre-paying......
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Okay, gang - I admit I only read the first and last pages but it seems nothing in between would change my comment: Is there a reason why the wife can't be the manager and hire her husband as chef...and the rest of the family as assigned staff ? The manager hires...right? I'm taking a wait and see attitude but I'm definitely NOT pre-paying......

To the best of my knowledge and from everything I've read your Sims can do two things....eat there or manage it.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Let me guess...they took out the played Sim being a hostess....:/
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

Yep. I realised when I went to watch the video and get a screenshot for the manager-as-host. It wasn't where I remembered it being (the red themed restaurant, top down scene), so I went looking for a screenshot instead. Luckily screenshots were from the original version.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Yep. I realised when I went to watch the video and get a screenshot for the manager-as-host. It wasn't where I remembered it being (the red themed restaurant, top down scene), so I went looking for a screenshot instead. Luckily screenshots were from the original version.

Thanks for looking.
  • VickiVampiressVickiVampiress Posts: 211 Member
    See, this is a returning issue I have with The Sims 4 and it's greatly irritating. The lack of freedom of choice. Look at how The Sims 2 did all of its expansion packs. It always, in one way or another gave you full and complete control over how to do things. The best example would be Open For Business. It gave you the opportunity to make any Sim do anything in any kind of business. In The Sims 4, with the broken retail system as it is right now, I don't see Dine Out possibly working well. They're just building on broken features right now.

A weak foundation is the recipe for failure. You can sugarcoat it all you want, but that doesn't change the truth. I realize I'm rambling, but I feel like these things aren't addressed nearly enough. They're major oversights.

I am not extremely bothered by wonky features, I'm bothered by the lack of choice in said features, unlike earlier iterations of the franchise.
    1Q6xf0t.jpg
  • ST7_MTNMANST7_MTNMAN Posts: 172 Member
    Conclue wrote: »
    If you can't be a chef, then we prolly can't be servers or hostesses either. And there seems to be no "fast food" pick up kiosks either. No shade, but shade for real. What the hell have y'all be doing since last July Sarah? Really though?

I'm sick. This is stupid. Another half - baked concept from an EP released in the Sims 4.

really??? Spa Day came out in July? This is coming out in June? What the hell have they been doing for a year (The Game Pack team?)

And where are toddlers and cars already?

At this point I don't care about toddlers, cars, seasons none of it because everything is coming half baked.

I'm telling you EA has 10 people working on this game. I swear.

I'm seriously disgusted in EA and The Sims 4 team completely. The only explanation would be the GP team worked on toddlers for a patch. this makes no sense. This GP seems TOTALLY dry. Restaurants were a *part* of an EP in The Sims 2 - this has a whole content pack to it and all it is, is going out to eat with NPC's? You can't run the business? Owning it and "running" it are two different things.

Joke I swear. I can't. I just can't. This is why they don't talk to us fans. Then they put in their community blog how they listened to us on facebook twitter the forums... where? WHEN?

Go away EA. Just close the Sims 4 down. You ruined SimCity clearly EA is over Maxis so sell it off to company who would actually do something with it and y'all continue making sports games.

Well unfortunately the sports games and the shooter games are the exact same way, EA is a marketing company not a game company. They hype up every game with thier label on it and then when released complete and total chaos.

refer to=Battlefield3 (glitches never got fixed),battlefield4(Servers down on release date and never regained momentum),Hardline(just a total flop),Madden football(game content through game packs money pit),Star Wars Battlefront(Game trailers indicated numerous things it "looked like u could do") Simcity (complete and utter disaster day of launch not to mention the whole terrain tool taken away and gave u limited space to build on trafic probs, no Hwy options also too numerous to list) Do you see a pattern?

This pack reminds me of what they are doing with maxis. Maxis is the cook, waiter,dishwasher, and host/hostess and EA is the manager, while they (they being Maxis) want to put out 5 star quality EA the manager is only allowing them to be a 2 star team. But like I said as long as people keep buying they keep putting out packs and drinking mai tai's on the beach! Rich get richer while the poor keep trying to have faith in the entertainment industry only to be the customer that pays for 5 stars and only gets 2.