Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE MAKING OF A PRINCESS ~a Selection Challenge || FINALE!!!! Up Now!

Comments

• Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Okay! I finally caught all the way up. I can't wait to see how this party turns out. I love how closely this challenge sticks to the plot of its inspiration!
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    @cecerose0208 - Naw!!! Thankyou! It just seemed fitting for Viviana to leave when she did...it wasn't the original plan but sims - they have minds of their own :smiley:
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Hmmm...I'm dying to see that dress! Enjoyed the chapter!! Can't wait for the party!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Those dresses look fantastic. Savannah couldn't find her dress, huh? :)
    Too bad Valentina didn't make it on the cover. Ah well, hopefully next time.
    Ella's scared face is too cute.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    I wanna see the dress!
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    What a great chapter! <3
    2vc864m.jpg

• Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    The friendship between the girls is so pleasing to read about! They'll always have each other, no matter they'll win the prince's heart or not <3
  • Options
    edited December 2016

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 39

week%206_zpsenhlke0b.png

Week 6.4

Friday , Day 39

All
    Ballroom, Early Evening

Hello to all of you fabulous people out there. I'm Serena McIntyre here, with a live 'Insider' update!

11-15-16_10-04-43AM_zpshi8neonv.png

The ladies of the Elite have had a rushed week pulling together two spectacular evenings and we cannot wait to show them too you...

11-15-16_10-04-30AM_zpsxktv6acm.png

...but first, where would I be if I didn't give a shout out to my exclusive interview with the Girls of the Elite featured in this week of 'The Insider'. Stay tuned for more because we'll be bringing you the latest gossip from these events live!

interview%20with%20the%20girls_zpsfskvx5wz.png

INTERVIEW%20WITH%20VALENTINA%20AND%20SKYE_zps25bpplxp.png

Over to you Walsh!

11-15-16_10-03-46AM_zpshguj8nxj.png

"Good Evening Serena [there is a moment of tension between the two and it becomes apparently that Walsh isn't exactly happy with the arrangement] lovely to have you join you on set for this monumentous occasion.

11-15-16_10-03-51AM_zps7fb6arrz.png

"Lovely to have you."

11-15-16_10-05-16AM_zpslmmnvcmh.png

[Walsh forces a smile before switching to his familiar confidence] Good Evening, I'm Walsh Cunningham and you are watching the Report.

We'll be with you live over the next two evenings as the Ladies of the Elite throw their first balls.

Now as I understand it the Black Team are finalising their finishing touches to the room We're joined there live by none other than our very own crowned prince himself. Julius good evening!".

11-15-16_10-04-01AM_zpsywch8gdq.png

"Evening Walsh," Julius nods and smiles at the camera.

11-15-16_10-21-42AM_zps0kz69nmv.png

"Tell us, what is going on in the lead up to the Black Team's event?"

11-15-16_10-07-39AM_zpsw8j0dsuy.png

"Well Walsh I am in the ballroom at the moment. The girls are pretty busy.."

11-15-16_10-27-41AM_zpsuuxkfqhc.png

"It looks it!" Walsh laughs, watching as Valentina rushes passed the screen shouting at a servant putting flowers in the wrong place.

11-15-16_10-28-43AM_zpsxna27knr.png

11-15-16_10-29-49AM_zpsadczox2z.png

"Not there! I said to put them on THAT table! Ugh! This is such a disaster! SKYE!!!" Valentina screams at the top of her voice, "Where are my centrepieces? SKYE, HURRY UP!!!" Valentina storms off screen.

11-15-16_10-31-32AM_zpszhfcbjtj.png

"Trouble in paradise?" Walsh prompt as Julius turns back to the camera with a heavy look on his face.

11-15-16_10-31-09AM_zpshhqkfydz.png

"Julius?" Walsh prompts after a moment of silence "You still with us?"

"Hmm, what?" Julius says suddenly remembering himself, "Sorry Walsh, I was lost in my own thoughts. I'm here."

11-15-16_10-31-44AM_zps3x8jemvc.png

~*~

"Are you ready?" Julius asks the girls of the black team.

11-15-16_10-34-17AM_zps68hbzeuv.png

The room is finally finished and the minute hand on the block is inching towards Seven O'clock. The girls look apprehensive, like they are on the edge of their seats, "It'll be over soon. Shall we get this party started?" he asks.

11-15-16_10-34-22AM_zps8s6kxkny.png

The girls give him a quick nod and the doors to the ball room swing open.

Dominique, Ella and Savannah sweep into the room smiling.

11-15-16_10-58-29AM_zpsvktmjhjs.png

Dominique's jaw drops as she takes in the room. "Wow!" she gasps, "You guys this is amazing! I told you the black marble would look amazing on the dance floor." Dominique elbows Savannah pointing.

11-15-16_11-00-22AM_zpsccrgigi3.png

"You've done a great job guys," Ella adds joining the girls beside Julius, "Really... nicely done."

"Thanks," Ariana smiles.

11-15-16_11-01-13AM_zps9qcn5owy.png

11-15-16_11-01-41AM_zpsfexkar6s.png

Princess Lydia sweeps into the room looking amazingly regal. The girls take a collective breath. They can only hope to look as effortless as she does. One day soon one of them will be a princess like her, only Lydia has been trained from birth for her role.

11-15-16_10-53-48AM_zpsnrkudkxj.png

"It's beautiful!" Lydia praises the girls of the black team drawing her baby brother in for a hug, "Really it is stunning. I was getting sick of all of the yellow!"

11-15-16_10-54-37AM_zpsg3f47wb1.png

11-15-16_10-54-51AM_zpspjnjlacv.png

11-15-16_10-55-15AM_zps7zh7xcor.png

King Mathias and Queen Natalia sweep in next and something about the very air around them seems to shimmer.

11-15-16_10-35-54AM_zpszoipkkxt.png

11-15-16_10-36-02AM_zps1zjtbpfr.png

King Mathias nods at the girls on the Black Team and Queen Natalia beams at them before falling in beside her daughter, "It is lovely girls I can not wait to see where the night takes us!"

11-15-16_10-36-50AM_zps8salydsy.png

~*~

OMG! I had so much fun with these parties. I feel a little bad for Sapphire, Ariana, Valentina and Skye on the Black team. I have only ever held a 'Black and White' party once...during a dry run of this challenge... and I failed abysmally the first time but it just wasn't enough for the black team. #promoshot!

10-30-16_12-12-44PM_zpsk8qpbwlg.png

I knew that playing chess was one of the party goals, same with making black and white cookies - which I discovered making in advance didn't give me an advantage. Doh! But I had a good idea of what qualified as 'Discussing Black and White Things' and managed to fulfil that goal easily.

10-30-16_11-38-32AM_zpszkw2z8tw.png

10-30-16_11-58-47AM_zps4flmt855.png

10-30-16_1-59-52PM_zpsggdg9rbm.png

10-30-16_2-00-04PM_zpspowz0ice.png

Can we all just appreciate Julius' sisters face here. She looks happy for her brother. :heart:

10-30-16_2-00-40PM_zpsfgt3jtba.png

10-30-16_2-00-15PM_zpswa1k3nzv.png

Unfortunately for the girls the chess set kept glitching and they didn't managed to move on to the next goal of the party. They scored a silver medal which isn't fantastic...but it was something to improve on for the White Team. I was kind of excited to see how these events turned out because the winning team gets extra dates with the Prince and I those extra dates really carry extra weight in the decision making process.

10-30-16_1-55-41PM_zpsjor5focd.png

10-30-16_1-58-18PM_zps5zumdbmi.png

Overall the black teams event was really successful and I'm pretty sure that it would have been gold if the chess sets didn't glitch! Oh well!

~*~

For the white party I had the girls stay in the same outfits. I debating putting the opposite team to the hosting team in the same non-descript dress but you'll just have to follow along. Serena, Princess Lydia and King Mathias switched between black and white to try and distinguish the different parties.

10-30-16_12-23-28PM_zpskuiluo9r.png

10-30-16_12-17-28PM_zps6ic9zjwc.png

Like I said this party went off much smoother than the Black Team's party. I had the main goal of 'Discussing Black and White Things' sorted and out of the way within the first hour, the zebra fizzes and black and white cookies prepared and ready to go and knocked out the two rounds of chess without the goal glitching out on me.

10-30-16_2-01-39PM_zps3ulzb9fw.png

10-30-16_2-01-58PM_zpsdc718agv.png

10-30-16_11-52-45AM_zpshxyvayow.png

10-30-16_11-57-32AM_zpsnnj4aiif.png

10-30-16_11-59-10AM_zpsqglyctvv.png

10-30-16_12-07-10PM_zpsvixaajlv.png

10-30-16_12-07-13PM_zps6wmgu4tp.png

I had a little 'nawwwww' moment when Walsh and Serena had a little dance amongst the girls. They look so good in black together don't think :wink: I like to think that they were all bursting a little at the sight of those two having a moment together. Almost like mama and papa bear getting together and having a hug. Yes I am 100% foreshadowing things here! Get your ships out and hoist those sails, the wind is about to blow! (Or not... because I am evil and I might just sink it...enter at our own risk :wink:)

10-30-16_12-07-00PM_zpsdgro8ugw.png

But ultimately the white team bagged the Gold Medal easily and I am just a little bit keen to see Dominique, Savannah and Ella go on extra dates with the Prince.

But it's not time to party just yet. We didn't have an Elimination during the last Report...and I had already decided the Julius was going to send home a girl from the loosing team and you know what that means....Ariana, Skye, Sapphire and Valentina are all in danger of going home.

Eep!

Ok, are you sufficiently freaking out - partying if you are the #simsoccermum of Savannah, Ella or Dominique - because it is time to reveal who Julius decided to send home.

10-30-16_2-04-37PM_zpspkhdzyfz.png

10-30-16_2-04-18PM_zpsb3kecexs.png

And after her performance with the servant...are you surprised? Julius really does have feelings for her...but I like to think that he is a level headed prince. He needs someone a little more measured and a little less scheming.

No one seemed to notice Julius pulling Valentina aside (except for Savannah) and I like to think that it is because he organised the elimination at a time when all of the guests were too distracted to notice him pulling her away. I don't think that he could risk another reaction like Alexa's so publically.

10-30-16_2-06-07PM_zps4ojfcqw2.png

10-30-16_2-06-59PM_zpstkozzc5y.png

10-30-16_2-09-10PM_zps8ux9ovor.png

10-30-16_2-09-35PM_zpsjw6sdy0u.png

10-30-16_2-12-14PM_zpseiliknjy.png

10-30-16_2-12-21PM_zpsbnhfthv7.png

I wish that I could say that they parted ways in a beautiful and mutually pleasant way. But Valentina wasn't particularly happy about his decision. She didn't yell at him...

10-30-16_2-12-39PM_zpsn7bxp6yv.png

...but she didn't exactly throw a party - oh wait :wink: - and smile about it either. There was no parting hug as Valentina gave the prince a very polite piece of her mind before strutting out of the palace with a very curt goodbye ringing out behind her.

10-30-16_2-10-56PM_zpsyqdcbozc.png

10-30-16_2-14-20PM_zpszos6dxzt.png

10-30-16_2-15-11PM_zps5yimliqq.png

And then there were six...

Valentina%20Gone_zpswebzswuu.png

So long Valentina!!! :disappointed:

@Maladi777 - Valentina has been one of the most amazing sims I have ever had. She honestly had everyone wrapped around her little finger and shocked me on more than one occasion. She may not be a part of the Selection Challenge any longer but she has stuck around my save and I'm so excited to show you the life that she has already managed to build for herself in a few chapters! Woo!

~*~

Ahhhh! So many awesome characters are leaving! I just have to accept that every girl I send home from this point on is gunna leave me regertting it a little. I am so attached to them!!!! Be kind cruel world...be kind.

As always...here are the tallies for the end of the week now finally featuring the new weighted system. Mwahahahahahah!

Dominique takes out the top spot with a cool 55. Ella, Skye and Ariana are hot on her tail with Savannah and Sapphire not far off. It's about to get interesting.

meta-chart_zpsvlwtnj0v.jpeg

And as always a little spoiler for next week. Someone gets eliminated and she is NOT a happy chappie and the prince goes on a really, really cute date with someone <3

week%207_zpsexudfqyt.png

• Options
    Ohmy! The party's were so much fun! Savannah's dress almost look like a wedding gown :love:
    I'm going to miss Valentina! She was a fun and interesting character to read about. At least the other girls are spared from her right now! :lol:
    And did I just see Julius and Dominique slow dance! Swoon! So happy she's still doing so well in the rankings <3
    My guess is the next date is with my Domi as well, based of the silhouettes hairstyle! It could be Ariana but she had no date since the other team won right? And kind of sad that someone has to go home :(
    Can't he just be polygamous? LOL!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @Sterretjeee - Bahahahahahahaha! Trust me I have considered it!!! I thought you'd be happy with finally getting a picture of them dancing - because they have a number of times...I must have decided to feature other girls at the time. Haha! Who knows...it is sooo hard to keep track! And all of the girls get dates...it's just the winning team gets EXTRA dates which can boost their tally by 2 points if its a gold date! And you aren't far off. :wink:

And a little side note because I treated my Reading Group to these fantastic pictures... here are two horrible postcards from the Royal Family. No offence meant with the Merry Christmas title if you are more of a happy holidays type of person. It was created for a Christmas Advent thingo my reading group is doing :heart:

24eaqvo.jpg

and this one is a secret :wink:

j6kgeo.png

I'll be shot if this horrible Christmas jumper pic goes public so pleeeeease keep it a secret from Serena...otherwise she'll be posting it on every outlet for the "Insider" that she can find! :wink:
  • Options
    IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    Love love love it. So awesome. Sapphire, why did you let Valentina take the blame? I hope Skye doesn't get devastated her friend went home.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Aha .. finally found out who took the shoes! and now that Valentina is gone I'm rooting for Skye. I was always rooting for Skye too But I just find myself always going for the one person who blazes their own trail. And Valentina definately did that.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Valentina makes me laugh. I think it's because out of all the girl's I can relate to her the most - but she is not made for royalty. Too unpredictable. I hope she gets her happy ending!
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    @Spottydog714 - She definitely does!!

Thanks for all of the comments wonderful people!!!

@Irishsong - Unsurprisingly none of the girls were too upset about Valentina leaving. Mostly they were relieved :wink:
  • Options
    King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member
    Great parties. I haven't had the courage to do many parties in my games. I've tried and they have all ended terribly lol. I'm still routing for Ella or Skye though ;)
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited December 2016
    Yay!! Ella gets extra dates. #simssoccermom pride! Looks like Dominique is the one to beat! Loved looking at all the pictures. Everything is gorgeous! And I enjoyed those interviews! What a treat this update was!

Goodbye Valentina. I knew she was gone when I saw the prince's face! :astonished:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Oh well, I knew she wouldn't win. =) I'm surprised she made it so far. And she was completely innocent, my poor girl! Sapphire, you fox!
    I know you'll all miss her, because her unpredictability made it a better story. :p

Who am I going to root for now? Ella is really pretty, but she's too good for my tastes. Sapphire definitely caught my attention with her confession. Dominique and Savannah are gorgeous. I'm really starting to like Savannah more and more. Must be those great shots of her.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Oh well, I knew she wouldn't win. =) I'm surprised she made it so far. And she was completely innocent, my poor girl! Sapphire, you fox!
    I know you'll all miss her, because her unpredictability made it a better story. :p

Who am I going to root for now? Ella is really pretty, but she's too good for my tastes. Sapphire definitely caught my attention with her confession. Dominique and Savannah are gorgeous. I'm really starting to like Savannah more and more. Must be those great shots of her.

I know! I wanted her to stay longer...but it was time :sleepy: There are so many amazing girls. I can not wait to show you who ends up winning! I was a little surprised by one of the finalists :smile:

• Options
    edited December 2016
    I know! I'm sorry! I just had to show you all!!!! Julius' daughter Emeline has aged up into a teen, and she is soooo beautiful. She has three younger siblings, twin brothers Christian and Henry and a sister Amelia - but I won't show them too you for fear of giving anything away.

Here she is at her birthday party with her cousin Victoria.

And yes...that is Valentina and Sophie in the background:wink:

x1yr08.png
  • Options
    She's beautiful, @Kamio . I can only hope it's my Skye that's to blame for it ;) . And the prince of course
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    Kamio wrote: »
    I know! I'm sorry! I just had to show you all!!!! Julius' daughter Emeline has aged up into a teen, and she is soooo beautiful. She has three younger siblings, twin brothers Christian and Henry and a sister Amelia - but I won't show them too you for fear of giving anything away.

Here she is at her birthday party with her cousin Victoria.

And yes...that is Valentina and Sophie in the background:wink:
    x1yr08.png

Please tell me I'm not the only one comparing the left over girls to Emeline :lol:
  • Options
    @Sterretjeee - I was in game tonight and realised that Emeline is almost an exact replica of her Aunt Lydia! The only difference is that Emeline's mouth is a little fuller. Kind of crazy! I did a double take when I saw them next to each other! Best of luck guessing!!! :wink:
  • Options
    SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    loved the little interviews! <3
    the party turned out really nice :) i love that it was a bit of a challenge for them! :smiley:

also was that spoiled food on the buffet table? lmao
    i love that you gave walsh and serena a bit of a story too tho! :smiley:

and good to see that valentina didn't take it too lightly.. lots of the other girls parted ways with the prince on friendly terms but i didn't think she would be someone who's happy about that and tries to stay friends etc. :D i wonder how skye reacts when she finds out tho :o

love the little royal family christmas card!! :D
    [also sidenote: why would anyone get offended over "merry christmas"? i have never celebrated christmas in my entire life and wouldn't think this is something offensive.. but whatever :p]
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • Options
    @Sel - I'm from Australia so there is a major focus of political correctness to the point where it is actually negatively geared towards Aussies. Anyway...that is why I prefaced it with an explanation. And I was really hoping that no one would notice the spoiled food :lol:
    ...because it 100% is! In my prep I may have forgotten that the maid was cooking food and may have left it out a little too long before putting it in the fridge for the party later that day. It had like 2hrs to go when I out it. I knew that it wouldn't go the distance :lol:

And the next two eliminations come with ALOT of crying!
  • Options
    I look forward to it, even though i must remember that Skye is at risk. I feel like she'll be one of the last, but then again, these are the last.
    jzZP0sJ.png