Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Alrighty over the weekend i played TS2 for about 200000000000000000000000 hours. Krystal and Bruce stayed together and got married, mostly because Krystal never told him about her cheating and decided to stick out the marriage. She got pregnant and when she told Bruce he started arguing with her and insulting her. Krystal finally having enough divorced the jerk.

In her 3rd trimester she and one of her good friends Damien got married, and when she gave birth she had a baby girl named Lana. Damien treated Lana like his own. When Lana became a toddler her mother got pregnant again. A few days after Lana grew up into a child a baby boy name Brandon was born.

Krystal decided that Lana needed to meet her father, mostly because in the custody agreement Bruce got Lana until she was 16 years old. Lana being about 13 at the time she met Bruce was happy to meet her biological father but had resentment due to the fact he got so mad when her mother was pregnant with her. So on the day of her 14th birthday Bruce moved her in with him and his fiancé Dina Caliente. Nina and Dina still lived together and Lana was put in a small room under the stairs. Lana was not treated very well her stepmother and aunt gave her the crappiest car and gave themselves the fanciest car. Lana was the only one working and she wasn't getting very good money for her job. SO out of desperation for money Nina killed her husband Mortimer Goth (he still lived in the goth mansion) and Dina killed Bruce which meant at the age of 15 Lana went back to her mother.

Wow, quite the drama going on there!

A room under the stairs huh? (walks away getting all kinds of ideas...)
  • Options
    Alrighty over the weekend i played TS2 for about 200000000000000000000000 hours. Krystal and Bruce stayed together and got married, mostly because Krystal never told him about her cheating and decided to stick out the marriage. She got pregnant and when she told Bruce he started arguing with her and insulting her. Krystal finally having enough divorced the jerk.

In her 3rd trimester she and one of her good friends Damien got married, and when she gave birth she had a baby girl named Lana. Damien treated Lana like his own. When Lana became a toddler her mother got pregnant again. A few days after Lana grew up into a child a baby boy name Brandon was born.

Krystal decided that Lana needed to meet her father, mostly because in the custody agreement Bruce got Lana until she was 16 years old. Lana being about 13 at the time she met Bruce was happy to meet her biological father but had resentment due to the fact he got so mad when her mother was pregnant with her. So on the day of her 14th birthday Bruce moved her in with him and his fiancé Dina Caliente. Nina and Dina still lived together and Lana was put in a small room under the stairs. Lana was not treated very well her stepmother and aunt gave her the crappiest car and gave themselves the fanciest car. Lana was the only one working and she wasn't getting very good money for her job. SO out of desperation for money Nina killed her husband Mortimer Goth (he still lived in the goth mansion) and Dina killed Bruce which meant at the age of 15 Lana went back to her mother.

Oh its because her aunt and stepmom hate her and wanted a garage....
    Soo... When do we get preteens playing in snow?
  • Options

Oh its because her aunt and stepmom hate her and wanted a garage....

Yes, but now you've given me all kinds of idea possibilities!
  • Options
    classicXcrimeclassicXcrime Posts: 175 Member
    I have just created another family to live in the same neighborhood as Waylon and Marissa! Her name is Elena Melrose and she is also a family sim. Her lifetime wish is to reach the top of the education career and own a bakery. I moved her into the more industrial looking home in Bluewater Village where she will live in loft above her home bakery. I've never run a bakery in OFB before so I am really excited to get started. Quick question, can you have a career and still run a home business?

Here's Elena!
    tumblr_og14itfBNZ1vi6mjbo1_540.jpg
    tumblr_og14itfBNZ1vi6mjbo2_540.jpg
  • Options
    I have just created another family to live in the same neighborhood as Waylon and Marissa! Her name is Elena Melrose and she is also a family sim. Her lifetime wish is to reach the top of the education career and own a bakery. I moved her into the more industrial looking home in Bluewater Village where she will live in loft above her home bakery. I've never run a bakery in OFB before so I am really excited to get started. Quick question, can you have a career and still run a home business?

Here's Elena!
    tumblr_og14itfBNZ1vi6mjbo1_540.jpg
    tumblr_og14itfBNZ1vi6mjbo2_540.jpg

EEEK she is soooooooo pretty!! I have found its really hard to find good red head cc but that hair is so pretty! Especially on her
  • Options
    @ImGluedToMyComputer Thank you! I got her hair as part of a bulk hair download from modthesims. Here's the link in case you are interested: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=578996

Some of the hairs did glitch on me, but this wasn't one of them. I ended up just picking and choosing which hairs I wanted to keep and which ones I could live without.
  • Options
    @ImGluedToMyComputer Thank you! I got her hair as part of a bulk hair download from modthesims. Here's the link in case you are interested: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=578996

Some of the hairs did glitch on me, but this wasn't one of them. I ended up just picking and choosing which hairs I wanted to keep and which ones I could live without.

Thanks for the link, i actually had Krystal go blonde at one point because all the red head hairs where pink :cry:
  • Options
    BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    Gosh reading everyones updates made me want to play again :D I enjoyed them!
  • Options
    MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
    So in my town Seeland, I had Sandy Poor visit all the vacation destinations and get some of the townies from there to make them "ambassadors" for Simland. I built a mansion for them, making each floor for one of them. So like the ambassador from Twikki island is island themed, the Takemazu Village asian themed, and Three Lakes log cabin themed.

Thats pretty much it. I plan on making a beach next. Going to be inspiried by the one that was posted!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Marissa and Waylon got married this morning. I wanted to share pictures of the ceremony with everyone :smile:
    tumblr_og4a0v33Zy1vi6mjbo1_540.jpg
    tumblr_og4a0v33Zy1vi6mjbo2_540.jpg
    tumblr_og4a0v33Zy1vi6mjbo3_540.jpg
    tumblr_og4a0v33Zy1vi6mjbo4_540.jpg
    tumblr_og4a0v33Zy1vi6mjbo5_540.jpg

Waylon is still looking for a job (that pesky business career hasn't shown up in the paper or on the computer for a sim week! and when I tried to use the cheat, he wasn't getting promoted :neutral: ) Now that the wedding is over, Marissa is looking forward to expanding their family. But, I think Waylon needs to get a job first haha.
    Post edited by classicXcrime on
  • Options
    @classicXcrime that is the first time in a sims game people sat down for a wedding :lol:
  • Options
    @ImGluedToMyComputer I had to get proof lol every time I have a wedding party people are just clustered in a group around the bride and groom.
  • Options
    Congrats on your wedding!
    @classicXcrime that is the first time in a sims game people sat down for a wedding :lol:

No, It happens. Thanks to some players here, I finally managed to get everyone to gather and sit down for a wedding.
  • Options
    Congrats on your wedding!

No, It happens. Thanks to some players here, I finally managed to get everyone to gather and sit down for a wedding.

Oh lol i meant in my personal experience didn't clarify that
  • Options
    SOOOO. Lana moved back in with Damien and Krystal!! I updated her bedroom and she went out to enjoy herself and have fun with her friends for the first time in a while. While she was out she met a boy, they hit it off well so she decided to start flirting and it worked, until it didn't... He left her flowers anyway. She has tried to get in contact with him but he keeps saying no.

For more exciting news, Krystal is PREGNANT!!!! She and Damien hope its a girl, especially Damien. He loves Lana but he wants a little girl that has his genes. Lana is very excited that Damien wants a girl, and Krystal has one of each so she doesn't care what the baby is. Christmas is approaching in Pleasantveiw so of course Krystal is gonna decorate, little Brandon is so excited for Santa to come to the house, and Krystal is hopping the baby is born before or on Christmas. Lana is so caught up in school she really hasn't noticed the hassle around the house.
    Thats what has happened over the past few days, I'm gonna go play the Pleasant family now :smile:
  • Options
    Today in Simland:

The election to determine the leader of the Suburbs went on. It was against Sandy Poor, a woman with a not so good reputation. She has had 3 husbands, and all 13 of her kids were taken away by social services, except for the 5 she has now. Next, it was Betty Johnson, a townie who is just recently re-married with 4 kids, and Skylar Curtin, a man who mainly keeps to himself.

I used a randomizer app on my phone to determine the final 2. (i put their names in and then i'd hit "random" and it would tell me a name if you dont understand) Out of 50 votes:

Poor- 20 votes
    Curtin- 18 votes
    Johnson- 12

It was now between Poor and Curtin, who will be the one to live in the capital alongside the other leaders?

Out of 20 votes (again with the randomizer)

Poor- 12 votes
    Curtin-8 votes

Poor won!

I have yet to get a leader for The City, or the Cheap. Then again, the cheap only has 2 buildings!

I needed to do some gameplay in the city, as so far I only have two families residing in there, and I've only played one. So, I went to the family I've had yet to play. The Smitsern!

Bellatrix Smitsern lives alone in an apartment, and comes from a wealthy background (obviously, she lived in the city!)

The Matchmaker came without being invited. I payed $5,000 for a match, and down came someone! (i dont remember his name lol)

They hit it off, and sooner or later they were married.

It's only 4 game days later, but they are now pregnant and living in a bigger apartment.

That's all!

• Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I sadly don't have any pictures, however i'm not ever going to stop playing Sims 2 because of what happened.

Yesterday I made a sim Melissa and moved her into a simple home, I decided to not cheat any money because I wanted to build her home from the ground up. So I wanted to try out the writing skill since I never actually tried that. So she writes for two days and hands it in and gets a phonecall saying it was horrible. She has a mental breakdown because that was one of her fears and the doctor visited her, you know the doctor with the weird hair. So she feels a bit better again after that and I let her sleep. The next day she sees a dog on her homelot named Roger and he seemed quite cute, so she pets him and all, I didn't pay attention after because I let her write again and forgot that dogs in this game can do a lot more. I keep hearing weird noises and it turned out Roger was destroying her furniture! So I was so mad at Roger and chase him away after scolding (I still want to adopt him in the future). So I had to replace all her stuff which costed a lot of money, still no cheating. On that same day in the night there was another dog Mindy and she was making holeS IN THE ENTIRE GARDEN so Melissa had to fill that up the entire day, these two dogs haven't visited since, but when they come back i'm going to adopt them to teach them some things!

NOT the end though, I finally got her a job in the journalist career and I thought it went great, however (grrR) I got a pop-up to make a choice and I seriously thought, you know this is the right one, but nope! She gets fired right away, didn't even get payed and had a mental breakdown, AGAIN! This happened in her first sim week.. her first!

So as you can see, a lot has happened but this is exactly the reason I love playing Sims 2, so much can happen that it keeps it interesting and it makes me want to play again and again.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I sadly don't have any pictures, however i'm not ever going to stop playing Sims 2 because of what happened.

Yesterday I made a sim Melissa and moved her into a simple home, I decided to not cheat any money because I wanted to build her home from the ground up. So I wanted to try out the writing skill since I never actually tried that. So she writes for two days and hands it in and gets a phonecall saying it was horrible. She has a mental breakdown because that was one of her fears and the doctor visited her, you know the doctor with the weird hair. So she feels a bit better again after that and I let her sleep. The next day she sees a dog on her homelot named Roger and he seemed quite cute, so she pets him and all, I didn't pay attention after because I let her write again and forgot that dogs in this game can do a lot more. I keep hearing weird noises and it turned out Roger was destroying her furniture! So I was so mad at Roger and chase him away after scolding (I still want to adopt him in the future). So I had to replace all her stuff which costed a lot of money, still no cheating. On that same day in the night there was another dog Mindy and she was making holeS IN THE ENTIRE GARDEN so Melissa had to fill that up the entire day, these two dogs haven't visited since, but when they come back i'm going to adopt them to teach them some things!

NOT the end though, I finally got her a job in the journalist career and I thought it went great, however (grrR) I got a pop-up to make a choice and I seriously thought, you know this is the right one, but nope! She gets fired right away, didn't even get payed and had a mental breakdown, AGAIN! This happened in her first sim week.. her first!

So as you can see, a lot has happened but this is exactly the reason I love playing Sims 2, so much can happen that it keeps it interesting and it makes me want to play again and again.

LOL that is one rough sim week! :D I love all the things that can happen, it really does keep the game interesting. You never know what to expect each day.
  • Options
    @DaniqaSimmer: Wow, what a week she had! Poor girl. If you want though, you can get her re-hired at the newspaper. Just hold out on jobs until that one comes up again. When that card pops up again, just choose the other option or just choose the "ignore" option.

I hope the dogs come back. They sound cute even if a bit troublesome. Reminds me of my little boy. When I first adopted him he was a submissive peer. It took a lot of time and patience and effort but he doesn't do that anymore. He's a happy boy now, lol.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    @DaniqaSimmer: Wow, what a week she had! Poor girl. If you want though, you can get her re-hired at the newspaper. Just hold out on jobs until that one comes up again. When that card pops up again, just choose the other option or just choose the "ignore" option.

I hope the dogs come back. They sound cute even if a bit troublesome. Reminds me of my little boy. When I first adopted him he was a submissive peer. It took a lot of time and patience and effort but he doesn't do that anymore. He's a happy boy now, lol.

Choosing the other option won't necessarily work on chance cards.

Each chance card has an answer that is right 85% of the time and one that right 15% of the time. So just because you chose Option A and it was wrong, doesn't mean that the next time Option B will be right. Option A may be right that time.

Here's a link to the site that has the chance card options and their chances of being the right answer: http://www.snootysims.com/thesims2index.php?id=careercards01

It doesn't have the ones for FreeTime added (which you don't have, but saying for the others who may have that EP installed), but it does have the other's.

It does have the results of each so you can weigh if you want to risk it or hit ignore. I tend to hit ignore if both options give a chance for failure. I'll also take ignore if the failures drop me below the minimum required to get promoted, especially if the Sim is due to get promoted that day.

So on the list of chance cards on the page for Journalism and the Level 1 chance card:

"Somebody replaced the principal's face with a toilet! Fixing it will cost you a lot of money. Will you recall the yearbook or just leave it in?"

Option 1: Recall the Yearbook
    Option 2: Leave it in

This one is an odd one where the odds aren't 85/14 or 84/15 (there's a 1% chance that neither option is correct, see the notes at the bottom of the linked page for more details). It's 74% success for Option 2 / 25 % success for Option 1
  • Options
    Whatever...
  • Options
    @DaniqaSimmer Lol, that poor girl I feel so bad but its just so funny to think about :lol:
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    @SataiDelennn Do I need to explain it differently? I get that I sometimes come across with too much detail and that that can confuse people.
  • Options
    Today in Simland-

I decided I'd play with pre-created sims The Newsons. (I think they came with Apartment Life if you don't know who they are)

If you don't know/never looked into them, the Newsons is a family of 6. Two teens, two children, two toddlers. All were adopted. And then their adoptive family died. All orphaned.

The thing I didn't like is that they had no memory of the other kids being adopted, no memory of their adoptive family, nothing. That kinda made me iffy about playing them, they had no story line. (EA probably just got the idea and added them in last minute lol)

I found it unrealistic that they had 50,000, so I moved them into a small little cottage in "The Cheap" section of Simland and hunked their funds down to 3000, and after buying furnishings we had a solid 12.

I had the older female teen join the teenage education career, and made the male teen a stay at home dad. (Since I couldn't afford a nanny, I had the male teen go to school one day, the girl stay home, the girl go to school one day, the male stay home, etc. oh and sorry for "male and female" i forgot the names lol)

The teen got fired from her job because I did one of those question thingy's wrong.

When the kids aged up to adults, and the toddlers were children, I had the teens go off to college!

I had the boy go into economics and the girl go into psyhics. They soon graduated, and moved back in with their family. I was about to move them into a 2 bedroom apartment that is roomy enough for a bed or 2 in the main living space, which is a HUGE step up from their small studio cottage.

I'll probably move them into the Countryland when as soon as they get more money.

Talk to you guys later!
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Meepleep wrote: »
    Today in Simland-

I decided I'd play with pre-created sims The Newsons. (I think they came with Apartment Life if you don't know who they are)

If you don't know/never looked into them, the Newsons is a family of 6. Two teens, two children, two toddlers. All were adopted. And then their adoptive family died. All orphaned.

The thing I didn't like is that they had no memory of the other kids being adopted, no memory of their adoptive family, nothing. That kinda made me iffy about playing them, they had no story line. (EA probably just got the idea and added them in last minute lol)

I found it unrealistic that they had 50,000, so I moved them into a small little cottage in "The Cheap" section of Simland and hunked their funds down to 3000, and after buying furnishings we had a solid 12.

I had the older female teen join the teenage education career, and made the male teen a stay at home dad. (Since I couldn't afford a nanny, I had the male teen go to school one day, the girl stay home, the girl go to school one day, the male stay home, etc. oh and sorry for "male and female" i forgot the names lol)

The teen got fired from her job because I did one of those question thingy's wrong.

When the kids aged up to adults, and the toddlers were children, I had the teens go off to college!

I had the boy go into economics and the girl go into psyhics. They soon graduated, and moved back in with their family. I was about to move them into a 2 bedroom apartment that is roomy enough for a bed or 2 in the main living space, which is a HUGE step up from their small studio cottage.

I'll probably move them into the Countryland when as soon as they get more money.

Talk to you guys later!

I love the Newsons! They are a tight-knit family. It can be a hard one to play, but so rewarding!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top