Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the weather like where you are?

Comments

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    It's currently 32C, and the sun is going dowm.
    The forecast for tomorrow looks fun! (possible sarcasm)
    Rain, lots of it, and possibly flooding.

Those fires don't look good. I've been watching the warning area spread on the CFS map.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Yeah things were looking pretty bad for a bit @Movotti - I also spent the afternoon watching the map. The closest fire to us that was under emergency alert (red) was still a 20-odd minute drive away, but that was still something I wanted to watch, having had to leave our house in the middle of the night during the Sampson Flat fire just a few years ago!

The current fire was seven fires merged into one. The whole area has been downgraded to "watch and act" (orange) now, which is promising. I've been unable to sleep tonight (as per usual) and I've just climbed back out of bed because the smoke is really smelling unpleasant and I'm never going to get to sleep now, not with that stink in the air.
    Wild fires hu? They are terrible! It seems like wild fires here are getting bigger and happening more often as the years go by. Even now a small portion of one of our western states is under a wild fire watch. I have never know a winter where there was a wild fire watch going some where in The States.
    Weather: 32 degrees, and cloudy skies with a chance of snow showers for Monday.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    20C and raining.
    This summer is a roller coaster!
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    33c at the moment but feels a lot hotter.
    I went to the shops earlier, it was like mid day on a Sunday rather than 8am on a Tuesday.
    Glad I'm home and I'm nor going out again.
    Happy Australia Day.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    ^^^ Oh my God, that is so sad. The people who look after these animals and help them to recover are wonderful human beings, unlike the ********** who deliberately light the fires!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @sunman502 we were lucky this time. Yesterday afternoon it started to rain too, which helped. The fire is now contained, and within a much smaller area - they might even have it completely extinguished by tomorrow. I know buildings were lost, but I don't know if any of them were houses - I haven't read the updates this morning. A lot of properties in the affected areas are semi-rural type properties, so they tend to also lose "out buildings" like sheds and things. Thankfully this time there were no lives lost.

EDIT: update - two houses were lost. :'( Also, some arson may have been involved, one person arrested. *insert incoherent abusive language here*

Compared with the last few big ones we've had in the past few years, it really was almost a relief in comparison. :'( Not that you can call fires a relief. And yes, you're right, they are definitely occurring more around the world. I'm sure you saw the news this time last year when so much of Australia was on fire all at once - that was totally unprecedented.

But yeah, fires in the Adelaide Hills...... they're almost a given. A bit like California, I suppose. We do have a very similar climate, I guess.
    It's good to hear that no one died in that wild fire.
    Weather: cloudy and 32 degrees with a winter weather advisory through out the area.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    That looks terrifying! However beautiful the scenery and wildlife, I would be too scared to live in a place that prone to bushfires.

The weather here today is really strange. It's cool, with a strong wind and a bit of rain which isn't really rain, more of a splutter, yet it is humid, and 22c
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    It's now pouring down after a drizzly, boring day.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Clear and cold at 19 degrees.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    5 degrees celcius at 2:03AM Yay... summer's nearly here. :D ~smirk~ definitely t-shirt and shorts weather.

What? ~shrug~
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    It was 14 F / -10 C with biting wind, yesterday when hubs and I had a car sushi date (order sushi ahead, go get it and eat it in the car) so we kept the engine running and kept it brief. It was good, though.

It's sunny but very cold today. And sandfleas, sandflies, sandhoppers.. we were foolish enough to enjoy the beauty of the sun getting lower in the sky at the beach once, and found out the hard way why everyone else was scurrying to leave before then. Things that hop, came out of the sand. And also awful larger things with wings! Looked like termite queens!

And mosquitoes! Clouds of them, viciously hungry. He said he'd never seen so many biting things on a North Atlantic beach.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Winter storm warning for my area! We are expected to get anywhere from 8" to a foot of snow on the ground. And it is said that the winter warning for my area lasts all night tonight, all day tomorrow, and into Monday morning.
    Weather conditions for my area right now is heavy snowfall, and the temp is holding steady at 32 degrees.
  • Options
    LiverickLiverick Posts: 50 Member
    Awesome! With Sun and rain <3
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Cold as a witch's...hip.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    There's about 8" to a foot of snow sitting on the ground just outside my door.
    Weather: right now it's cloudy and 30 degrees. With the wind chill, it feels more like 22 degrees.
  • Options
    Just wet, wet, wet.
    It's been raining all night. It'll be a quick trip to the shops for groceries this morning then home for the day.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    sunman502 wrote: »
    There's about 8" to a foot of snow sitting on the ground just outside my door.
    Weather: right now it's cloudy and 30 degrees. With the wind chill, it feels more like 22 degrees.

How do you get around in 8ft of snow?
    Sounds pretty, though.

EDIT - I was just thinking. You should change your name from sunman to snowman! :D
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Rainy, but it has been snowing recently
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)