Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the weather like where you are?

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    There's about 8" to a foot of snow sitting on the ground just outside my door.
    Weather: right now it's cloudy and 30 degrees. With the wind chill, it feels more like 22 degrees.

How do you get around in 8ft of snow?
    Sounds pretty, though.

EDIT - I was just thinking. You should change your name from sunman to snowman! :D
    You don't around here with 8ft of snow on the ground. In fact I haven't seen 8ft of snow around here since the winter of 78/79. I had shoveled out my driveway yesterday. And we got closer to 8 inches of snow rather than a foot. In fact, my next door neighborhood came by with his tractor with a bucket on the front and helped shovel out my driveway yesterday.
    Change my name to Snowman, I'll have the same name as that truck driver character from the Smokey and the Bandit movies. His name was Snowman too.
    Weather: 30 degrees and clear skies.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited February 2021
    Weather: right now it's cloudy and 30 degrees. With the wind chill, it feels more like 22 degrees.

Sounds pretty, though.

EDIT - I was just thinking. You should change your name from sunman to snowman! :D
    You don't around here with 8ft of snow on the ground. In fact I haven't seen 8ft of snow around here since the winter of 78/79. I had shoveled out my driveway yesterday. And we got closer to 8 inches of snow rather than a foot. In fact, my next door neighborhood came by with his tractor with a bucket on the front and helped shovel out my driveway yesterday.
    Change my name to Snowman, I'll have the same name as that truck driver character from the Smokey and the Bandit movies. His name was Snowman too.

@Sunman502, Oh man, 78/79 was the year even the West Coast of Canada (usually not that snowy) got at least a foot of snow. I remember my dad taking me out sledding that year during the snowfall (elementary student back then) - digging out the driveway of our acreage was a royal pain in the heinie. Hope things warm up for ya'll out East (south of the border - since I noted that you express your temps in Fahrenheit). .
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited February 2021

Sounds pretty, though.

@Sunman502, Oh man, 78/79 was the year even the West Coast of Canada (usually not that snowy) got at least a foot of snow. I remember my dad taking me out sledding that year during the snowfall (elementary student back then) - digging out the driveway of our acreage was a royal pain in the heinie. Hope things warm up for ya'll out East (south of the border - since I noted that you express your temps in Fahrenheit). .
    The winter storm of 78/79 was one of the worst storms of all time. That storm shut down everything in my area for an entire week, including all schools. The storm of 78/79 was like this for us. We had gotten 2 feet of snow on the ground, but that wind was so strong that it turned that 2 feet of snow into 8 feet of snow with in hours. The snow was piled up from the wind so high that people were driving their snowmobiles onto the roofs of peoples' houses.
    weather: mostly cloudy and 19 degrees.
    Post edited by sunman502 on
  • Options
    Quite cool today after two warm days, with yesterday being quite humid until it started to rain late in the day.

• Options
    arlielarliel Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited February 2021
    Oh man, some of you have some nice weather. Today had a high of -23C (-9F). Has been around -24/25 (with lows of -27 (-16F) to -34 (-29F)) all week. Tomorrow will be a lovely temperature of -21.
    In case one is curious:
    Arliel322 on Origin
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    highs of about 24F/-5C lows of about 1 F/ -17C
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    A wet weekend coming up here. It's been raining all morning so far.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    arliel wrote: »
    Oh man, some of you have some nice weather. Today had a high of -23C (-9F). Has been around -24/25 (with lows of -27 (-16F) to -34 (-29F)) all week. Tomorrow will be a lovely temperature of -21.

By chance, you in Canada... like Winnipeg or something like that? :D Or Saskatoon? Haven't seen temps that low on the coast.

Anyways, Over here is -2C; (28.4F for y'all down south of the border). Got an Arctic Outflow warning. Bah...went out to Chevron to pick up a few drinks, saw lots of parkas and people shivering. Me: I'm in a sweatshirt and thin sweatpants and I'm sweating my rear-end off. I think I scared my fellow Canadians again.
    shocked-surprised-female-model-being-scared-by-someone-looks-horrified_295783-1532.jpg
    "It's -2 outside...AREN'T YOU COLD????"

no.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited February 2021
    Well we've been under an extreme cold warning all week so we've had periods of -40 or colder with windchill. Right now it's -23c with windchill and it's "warm" compared to the last several days (well yesterday was the same-ish).

I mean it *is* February which is traditionally our coldest month and we've been spoiled rotten with warm weather up until now but I still don't like it.

Supposed to be like -5c in a few days though. Oh it's gonna be wonderful.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

By chance, you in Canada... like Winnipeg or something like that? :D Or Saskatoon? Haven't seen temps that low on the coast.

Anyways, Over here is -2C; (28.4F for y'all down south of the border). Got an Arctic Outflow warning. Bah...went out to Chevron to pick up a few drinks, saw lots of parkas and people shivering. Me: I'm in a sweatshirt and thin sweatpants and I'm sweating my rear-end off. I think I scared my fellow Canadians again.
    shocked-surprised-female-model-being-scared-by-someone-looks-horrified_295783-1532.jpg

no.

Yep. -2 is shorts and t-shirt weather if you're from a prairie province (or the north). I've known a few who've moved from Calgary to Vancouver and just shake their heads lol. Then again I'm sure it's reversed in summer when we're whining it's too hot and Vancouver is like... wut? That's nothing?
    Post edited by dreamerz13 on
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Very cold here in the North-West.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited February 2021
    Its been around -18 here with the wind chill and very windy.
  • Options
    dreamerz13 wrote: »

no.

Yep. -2 is shorts and t-shirt weather if you're from a prairie province (or the north). I've known a few who've moved from Calgary to Vancouver and just shake their heads lol. Then again I'm sure it's reversed in summer when we're whining it's too hot and Vancouver is like... wut? That's nothing?

I was born in Edmonton... -40 is the usual winter temps for us. But I moved at the age of 6 and it's been 44 years since...so can't really explain why I feel warm compared to the people who are shivering all around me including my wife who complains vociferously that she's cold.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021

no.
    It's normal for artic air to come south into the lower 48's from time to time. What's not normal is the fact that the artic blast is happening far less these days. This past 2 weeks has been the only time that a real artic blast swept south of the border from Canada all winter so far. One of the driving forces behind the deep snow that we get from time to time is the Artic blast that come sweeping down from the north while warm air comes up from the Gulf of Mexico at the same time. And where the 2 air masses meet, that's where we get the heaviest snow fall. And on some occasions Thunder Snow with visible lightning. Yes, Thunder Snow with visible lightning is a real thing. The last time that I saw this weather phenomenon was during that winter storm that I had just mentioned above, the winter storm of 78/79.
    The weather here is: 21 degrees with cloudy skies and a winter weather advisory.
  • Options

no.
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    I mean it *is* February which is traditionally our coldest month and we've been spoiled rotten with warm weather up until now but I still don't like it.

Supposed to be like -5c in a few days though. Oh it's gonna be wonderful.

@Nikkei_Simmer -2 sounds absolutely lovely. Also, below picture should answer your question. :)
    @dreamerz13 Sounds familiar. Friend on Facebook shared this picture:
    Z7ry1Qkm.jpg
    I can't wait. :)
    In case one is curious:
    Arliel322 on Origin
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    -Yep, sounds about right. :D@arliel, :D I was born in Edmonton so... -40 was no sweat. -5 is balmy. I was back in Edmonton in 2000 for a business conference and had to go to the Pharmasave a couple doors down. (-30C) So I'm walking over there in long shirt-sleeves (business dress shirt)...no coat or sweater or anything. Edmontonians were looking at me as if I was nuts. A couple minutes isn't long e:mnough to get frostbite at -30C. :D:mrgreen:

=30 would turn my wife into a popsicle.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    -Yep, sounds about right. :D@arliel, :D I was born in Edmonton so... -40 was no sweat. -5 is balmy. I was back in Edmonton in 2000 for a business conference and had to go to the Pharmasave a couple doors down. (-30C) So I'm walking over there in long shirt-sleeves (business dress shirt)...no coat or sweater or anything. Edmontonians were looking at me as if I was nuts. A couple minutes isn't long e:mnough to get frostbite at -30C. :D:mrgreen:

=30 would turn my wife into a popsicle.
    I use to walk to the mailbox to get the mail and back again barefoot with snow on the ground back when I was just a kid. And the mailbox was down by the street which was at least 50' feet from the front door. How is that for doing something nutty in the winter time?
    Weather report: Winter storm warning! Snowy and the temp is 12 degrees.
  • Options
    It's gone up to a toasty -4c. Wasn't actually expecting it to go up as much or as fast as forecast as it almost never does as a deep freeze (my rule is add at least 5 days). But thnk goodness it did. Tired of the deep freeze anyway but also I've had no power since 8 this morning (when it was like -20) and not expected to until 6 tonight because the power company actually planned a 10 hour outage for the coldest month of the year. Hooray to no heat in February. So thank goodness for the warm up so we don't t like freeze pipes or anything with no heat.

Also going to have to like walk outside or something. Way too loud to read or anything because between the power company and the I assume literal herd of elephants and banshees that live beside me it's so loud. And it's not like I can do much else because covid. So at least it won't be too cold to walk around for a couple hours.
  • Options
    I have experienced minus 2C, although only rarely. It happens on the rare occasion in my home town in rural Victoria (Australia). I can't describe how much I hate it when it's that cold. I hate anything under 20C.

Where I live now it's very rare to get down to 0 or below. Winter can just go and ..... jump in the lake!

Today is quite warm in South Australia. Yesterday I noted my air conditioner seemed to blowing warm air - well, my air conditioning repair guy did warn me last summer that it needed replacing and wasn't going to last much longer. *shrug* - luckily we've had a real lack of heat this year apart from a few weeks ago when it hit 43C (thank the powers that be that the air conditioner was working then). I certainly don't have the money to replace the darn thing.

• Options
    Today shall be a modest 1C (34 F). Such warmth! *clap clap clap*

Sunday will be +6 :o Ohh hoho...
    In case one is curious:
    Arliel322 on Origin
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Today shall be a modest 1C (34 F). Such warmth! *clap clap clap*

Sunday will be +6 :o Ohh hoho...
    Right now it's cold at 8 degrees fahrenheit with cloudy skies where I'm at. So I'll trade you for that warmer weather. :D
  • Options
    It's gorgeous. Bright and sunny, 29C.
  • Options
    Right now it's cold at 8 degrees fahrenheit with cloudy skies where I'm at. So I'll trade you for that warmer weather. :D

lol no. It was colder than that here last week. ;)
    I'm quite looking forward to this week of single digit pluses and zeros. :)
    In case one is curious:
    Arliel322 on Origin
  • Options

lol no. It was colder than that here last week. ;)
    I'm quite looking forward to this week of single digit pluses and zeros. :)
    It's suppose to get up 40 degrees where I am this week sometime. Which means that some of that foot of snow on the ground here is going to melt away. It has been so cold here that the water in the feeder lines to my kitchen sink had froze. So I had go into the basement and open one of the heating ducts just thaw out the water lines to my kitchen sink. With warmer temps on the way for my area, I'll be able to put that heating duct back together again. Which is no big deal for me because I can put that back together in a snap.
    weather report from my area: clear skies, and the temp outside is 10 above.
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Raining
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)