Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the weather like where you are?

Comments

• Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Oh, I like that idea, like how the Fiddler's Green takes the shape of a human in the Sandman series, a dream out of dreamland; but the opposite, a human transforming, flattening out and reforming to a fixed hollow place, for the wind to whisper and pull.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited December 2020
    Just barely above freezing right now, after a long spell of crazy unseasonal warmth. Winter Storm Warning in effect for the weekend, expecting a large dump of snow (4 to 8 inches). Dang, just realized my snow tires aren't on yet.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Today we had a bit of everything.
    It started out humid and windy, then it rained, then it was sunny for a bit, then we had a dust storm.

sunman502 wrote: »
    'And the wind did howl and the wind did blow'

And Nick Cave did sing.

Nick wouldn't fit very comfortably in the day we have here today. It's bright and sunny and warm, and we've just come back from a walk along the beach.
    Am I correct in assuming that Nick Cave is a real place? Well we too have some cave here in the US where you can hear the winds coming from them.

'And the wind did howl and the wind did blow' is a line from the Nick Cave song Henry Lee. One of the Murder Ballads.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited December 2020
    Movotti wrote: »
    Today we had a bit of everything.
    It started out humid and windy, then it rained, then it was sunny for a bit, then we had a dust storm.

'And the wind did howl and the wind did blow'

And Nick Cave did sing.

Nick wouldn't fit very comfortably in the day we have here today. It's bright and sunny and warm, and we've just come back from a walk along the beach.
    Am I correct in assuming that Nick Cave is a real place? Well we too have some cave here in the US where you can hear the winds coming from them.

'And the wind did howl and the wind did blow' is a line from the Nick Cave song Henry Lee. One of the Murder Ballads.
    Oh, ok. I didn't know that the line was from a song, and that Nick Cave was an actual person. And that the line was from their song. The joy of asking other people is that you get to learn something that you didn't know before. Well now I know who the band was that released the song that this line was from. It was Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. The album was released back on Feb 26, 1996. And was from the band's 9th studio album. :)
    Currently it's 29 degrees, and partly cloudy here.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    I just wish the wind would stop, tbh.

Same here. The wind is driving me insane!
    Got hotter as the day went on, cooling down now the sun's going down. I think it hit 30c this afternoon.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    It's Freaking cold! :p
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    Yep, cold again. It's supposed to be summer, darn it.
    Actually it's still spring time down there and won't be summer officially until mid Dec. Got to remember that when it's winter up here, it's summer down there.
    The weather conditions here: Currently it's cloudy and 32 degrees outside. Winds are out of the Northwest at 2 mph. Visibility 9.9 miles. Barometer 30.12 in. Humidity 77%. Dew Point 31 degrees.
  • Options
    Yep, cold again. It's supposed to be summer, darn it.
    Actually it's still spring time down there and won't be summer officially until mid Dec. Got to remember that when it's winter up here, it's summer down there.
    The weather conditions here: Currently it's cloudy and 32 degrees outside. Winds are out of the Northwest at 2 mph. Visibility 9.9 miles. Barometer 30.12 in. Humidity 77%. Dew Point 31 degrees.

No, we don't just have opposing seasons, we have extra seasons down here, we've just exited Sprummer, and are now in early Summer.
    The other extra season we have is called Sprinter, and it comes between winter and spring.

Summer is 4 months long, it's from the start of December, to the end of March, all the others are 2 months long.

It's currently 20C, and should reach 30C tomorrow.

• Options
    SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    Freezing rain that could turn into black ice later tonight when the temperature hovers around 32 degrees F (0 degrees C).
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • Options
    Sprummer and Sprinter - I thought you were pulling our leg :D , I actually had to google those! They actually exist, although it would seem not officially.

I should read that guy's book, it makes sense to readdress how we view the seasons as the climate changes.
    Interesting! When someone says Sprinter, it sounds if they are referring to someone who is sprinting. It's funny how the changing of just one letter can change the meaning of a word. Like Sprinter, capitalize the letter S the word becomes an unofficial season in Australia. Where as the letter S in Sprinter isn't capitalize the word refers to someone who is sprinting. I have met a few of your countrymen face to face in RL. One was a cop from Perth. Another was a young couple, I don't know where they were from. And another was a pretty young lady who worked at the Australian Mint. Good people all of them.
    Weather report from my area: 35 degrees F, and clear skies.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    We have some warm days coming up in the 30s (C) over the next few days, I'm looking forward to it.
    I'll take that kind of temp over say a high of -2 degrees anytime. It's hard to get even glue to stick at -2 degrees. And if the wind should be blowing pretty good when it's 2 below zero. You might as well stand at the North pole in swimwear.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Well, looks like a storm is on its way here at some stage tonight. It's been warm, but still has a nasty cool wind. The wind has been relentless and has blown leaves all over the place, and it amazes me even in these windy conditions you get people (was going to maybe attempt a descriptive word, but it would have been filtered out anyway, so I'll stay reasonably polite.) using their leaf blowers. What a waste of time and effort. A man yesterday was blowing leaves down the road into the gutter in front of his house while the wind behind him was blowing leaves from up the hill to where he was standing blowing them away. Oh well, maybe he just likes to make work for himself - pointless work.
    Anyhoo, love the Sprummer and Sprinter :D
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    February11 wrote: »
    Well, looks like a storm is on its way here at some stage tonight. It's been warm, but still has a nasty cool wind. The wind has been relentless and has blown leaves all over the place, and it amazes me even in these windy conditions you get people (was going to maybe attempt a descriptive word, but it would have been filtered out anyway, so I'll stay reasonably polite.) using their leaf blowers. What a waste of time and effort. A man yesterday was blowing leaves down the road into the gutter in front of his house while the wind behind him was blowing leaves from up the hill to where he was standing blowing them away. Oh well, maybe he just likes to make work for himself - pointless work.
    Anyhoo, love the Sprummer and Sprinter :D

Yeah I opened my front door in the wind this morning for just a second (enough to go out and close it behind me) - walked back in to find a significant pile of leaves and pieces of bark had blown into my hallway! Darn it. There is one of the messy eucalyptus varieties on the nature strip in front of my house, council tree. I wish I could find the people responsible for these decisions and tell them to learn some ❤️❤️❤️❤️ common sense with regard to street tree varieties.

Well, unfortunately for us, we planted a couple of Frangipanis out the front of our place on the nature strip as the council never seem to come to that party, where all the rest of the neighbourhood have had trees planted. We have quite a beautiful one in our garden so could snap off a couple of branches to plant out there, although still quite small, but had been doing well.
    We were really happy with the way they were growing then the other morning some (expletive added) broke a branch off, snapped it in two then proceeded to yank of all the leaves and threw them all over the nature strip, so we knew it was an act of vandalism rather than an accidental incident.
    We replanted the broken bits, and so far, are still looking like recovering, but we're waiting for same (choose your own expletive) to come by and do it again!

Storm still not broken, but cloudy and still very windy!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    On the topic of wind, I tried sweeping my front step yesterday, and ended up with the dust trying to blow inside. I tried sweeping my back step, and had the same happen. Dunno how, it was opposite sides of the house!

Today we were supposed to have 40km winds, but they never arrived, and we ended up with a really nice day.

The next few days will be in the mid 30's, and I'm not looking forward to that, but mid next week it's supposed to return to the high 20's, that I can live with. But the cooler weather looks likely to be accompanied by a dust storm. :/
    I just got rid of the dust from the last one.
  • Options
    We have some warm days coming up in the 30s (C) over the next few days, I'm looking forward to it.
    I'll take that kind of temp over say a high of -2 degrees anytime. It's hard to get even glue to stick at -2 degrees. And if the wind should be blowing pretty good when it's 2 below zero. You might as well stand at the North pole in swimwear.

So would I. :) I love the warm weather. Can't stand the cold.

February11 wrote: »
    We were really happy with the way they were growing then the other morning some (expletive added) broke a branch off, snapped it in two then proceeded to yank of all the leaves and threw them all over the nature strip, so we knew it was an act of vandalism rather than an accidental incident.

Argh, couldn't you just strangle them! I do love a frangipani.
    It's forecasted to be above average temp wise for this time of the year here. Our average high at this time is about 38 degrees and we're forecasted to be in the low to mid 50's for the high. So we too have some warm days ahead and then it's right back to the average temp.
    Today's weather forecast here: it's 41 degrees and clear skies right now.
  • Options
    plumbobsnpixelsplumbobsnpixels Posts: 68 Member
    Tonight it's 41F (5C)
    Precipitation: 2%
    Humidity: 86%
    Wind: 3km/hr

I live in a very woodsy area, and we have been warming up after a dumping of snow last weekend. Which means tons of melting snow everywhere and actually being able to go outside without a giant puffer on!
    hi i'm plum, i'm currently [building an animal crossing town].🌈✨
    read lone wolff legacy here
    follow me on twitter | tumblr | twitch