Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the weather like where you are?

Comments

• Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Snow.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    It's cold and rainy. Supposed to have snow at some point this week. So they say.
    BMSO wrote: »
    Sunny and around the mid 60's. Kind of a nice change since it has been really cold and very windy the last few days.

Is that not still a bit cold? Google tells me that 65 is around 18C. I mean, it's not freezing or anything, but it's pretty cool still. Mind you, I would consider it a decent day in winter, and I guess you guys are getting close to winter.

Not really. 60F is pretty warm for us. People still wear shorts and tank tops in the 60's around here. Our weather has been awkward because of the La Nina we have been having due to hurricane season which is actually almost over.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited November 2020
    Currently it's 42 degrees and mostly cloudy with a chance of rain in the early morning hours.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,660 Member
    I read it wrong on the TV this morning. I thought it said 20c, but it's actually 29c! Hot Hot Hot! Especially when I was in air con all day!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Currently the weather in my area is 48 degrees, and cloudy.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    The forecast for tomorrow is 44C.
    I am not looking forward to it.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    It's not even midday, and it's already 39C
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »

I sure hope you're talking farenheit. Because I've actually experienced 48C before, and it ain't pretty. :D
    That was in fahrenheit. We use fahrenheit as a temperature scale here in the U.S.
  • Options
    36c and rising here. I'm at work in the air con right now and just went outside. It's hot and windy.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    Raining
  • Options
    February11 wrote: »
    36c and rising here. I'm at work in the air con right now and just went outside. It's hot and windy.

I hear ya, regarding hot and windy.

And it's like an oven out there now. Tomorrow is meant to be even hotter! Great day to decide we need to cut the garden back!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    Yesterday was gray and dreary with temperatures around 8 degr C (46 degr F). This morning started out foggy with temps just above 0 degr C, it has to be seen whether the fog will dissapear today. If not it wil stay gray and cold all day (max temp 5 degr C/41 degr F), otherwise it may be sunny and a bit warmer (up to 8 degr C/46 degr F).
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • Options
    20C, 45km winds, a thunderstorm, and the occasional shower of rain.
  • Options
    30c, overcast hot and very windy.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    It's now 36c, sunshine, hot and very windy
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    19C, light breeze, sunny with the occasional cloud.
    The temperature keeps fluctuating by 20C over the course of a week. It's horrible. I wish it would stay at 23C. Forever!
    No, I like it colder. Forever between 25C and 15C would be nice.
  • Options
    Edit: The fire has been contained, for the time being. However it's been 45 degrees C out there today, with more heat forecast for tomorrow.

Okay so it's over 40C, and disturbingly I've just heard that there is a bushfire burning out of control north of Adelaide - the worst part being that it is very close to Wasleys which largely burnt to the ground during the Pinery bushfire about 4-5 years ago (many homes lost, and two lives).

I have my fingers crossed that this doesn't become one of "those" types of fires. Some time prior to the occurrence of Pinery, we had to leave our own home during the Sampson Flat fire, as we lived nearby at the time (these fires will ring a bell to Australians) but we were lucky and didn't lose our place, and no human lives were lost (heartbreakingly, I can't say the same for a nearby boarding kennel & cattery).

:'( I'm worried. Especially after last summer and how much of Australia was on fire at that time.....

Photo from Pinery fire 2015 (from google):

7wE1NuS.jpg

I sure hope you're talking farenheit. Because I've actually experienced 48C before, and it ain't pretty. :D
    That was in fahrenheit. We use fahrenheit as a temperature scale here in the U.S.

I figured you must be in the US, which is why I assumed you were indeed talking farenheit. Either that, or you were living in central Australia or somewhere like that, where 48C is not entirely unheard of. :D
    48C, that would be like 118 degrees which is quite toasty. The only place in the U.S. that see that kind of temperature is the desert Southwest. Places like Phoenix AZ, to Las Vegas, NV, to Palm Springs, CA. see that kind of temperature on a daily bases in the summer time. But I don't live in any of those places. So 48C temperature would be an extremely rare weather event where I live.
  • Options
    Edit: The fire has been contained, for the time being. However it's been 45 degrees C out there today, with more heat forecast for tomorrow.

Okay so it's over 40C, and disturbingly I've just heard that there is a bushfire burning out of control north of Adelaide - the worst part being that it is very close to Wasleys which largely burnt to the ground during the Pinery bushfire about 4-5 years ago (many homes lost, and two lives).

I have my fingers crossed that this doesn't become one of "those" types of fires. Some time prior to the occurrence of Pinery, we had to leave our own home during the Sampson Flat fire, as we lived nearby at the time (these fires will ring a bell to Australians) but we were lucky and didn't lose our place, and no human lives were lost (heartbreakingly, I can't say the same for a nearby boarding kennel & cattery).

:'( I'm worried. Especially after last summer and how much of Australia was on fire at that time.....

Photo from Pinery fire 2015 (from google):

7wE1NuS.jpg

I figured you must be in the US, which is why I assumed you were indeed talking farenheit. Either that, or you were living in central Australia or somewhere like that, where 48C is not entirely unheard of. :D
    48C, that would be like 118 degrees which is quite toasty. The only place in the U.S. that see that kind of temperature is the desert Southwest. Places like Phoenix AZ, to Las Vegas, NV, to Palm Springs, CA. see that kind of temperature on a daily bases in the summer time. But I don't live in any of those places. So 48C temperature would be an extremely rare weather event where I live.

Inland Australia can get very toasty. In Oodnadatta it's not unheard of for it to get to over 50C in summer, they're also known as the driest town, in the driest state, in the driest continent. I'm glad I don't live there.