Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Acres is Now Live! (2/1/17)

ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
edited March 2017 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
Well, after more than a year in the making, Sim Acres is finally up! Before you download, here are the specs:

Specifications
  1. Oceanview is on the largest map available, with a height of 300.
  2. It has 172 lots and is 113 MB total.
  3. It is heavily populated.
  4. It has been tagged as a city, so there will be no spawned wildlife.
  5. It's a "hybrid" world, meaning that it's one part suburban, one part rural, one part beach/seaside area, one part suburban, one part city and one part military
  6. It needs the following EPs--Late Night, Pets, Ambitions, Generations, Seasons, World Adventures and Showtime
  7. It needs the following world--Riverview
  8. It has a tiny handful of items from the following SPs, but not too many--Fast Lane, High End Loft Stuff. If you don't have them, don't worry; this won't affect your game one bit.
  9. There is absolutely no CC.
  10. There might be a tiny, tiny number of store content items. I'm talking maybe a painting here or there or a potted plant.

Sim Acres has several districts, just like in my two previous worlds.

Art Deco/Mid Century Modern District:
Screenshot-2395.jpg

Military:
Screenshot-1919.jpg

Downtown:
Screenshot-2014.jpg

Garden and Festival:
Screenshot-1880.jpg

And two more that I won't tell you about so you can discover them for yourselves!

More information and screenshots are available here: http://www.thesimsdepot.com/sims-3/downloads/worlds/sim-acres/

EiFlric.png
Post edited by ts1depot on

Comments

• Options
    VeronicaForCubaVeronicaForCuba Posts: 78 Member
    I'm looking forward to see more photos! I'm from quite a small town myself but I love cities and I have always loved city-themed worlds in The Sims 3, with all the skyscrapers and bars and apartments... But also with some suburban areas of course, where normal people can live :D So this city seems perfect for me and my gaming-style. I think Art Deco area is going to be my favourite area (I love that style!) ;)
  • Options
    @VeronicaForCuba: I'm happy you're liking what you're seeing so far! The art deco district is also shaping up to be my most favorite area, which is why I have been badly neglecting the other areas. (Every time I open up CAW and swear to myself for the last time that I'll complete Downtown or the other areas, I always wind up back in that district somehow, lol.)

Besides those art deco buildings, there are a few nice little surprises in this area that I think you might like, but I'm keeping them a secret until I complete the world for good. Till then, stay tuned! :p
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Looks like you have accomplished a lot. I like what I see. :)
  • Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    Looking good Ts!!!!
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone! <3 I've been sick for the past week, so work has kind of slowed down, but hopefully, things will pick back up again later this week.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Amathyst8Amathyst8 Posts: 46 Member
    This is a lovely world so far. May I ask what expansion packs you plan to use? From what I have seen so far it appears you have base game and Late Night. Will you be including Island Paradise as well? Great job!
  • Options
    Hi, @Amathyst8 ! I'll be using these EPs:

Late Night
    Generations
    World Adventures
    Ambitions
    Seasons
    Pets

I do not have Island Paradise, but maybe some time in the future when I install it, I'll do an IP version of the world.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Some more pics:

Betty Jackson getting sloshed at Riki's Tiki Tavi, a tiki-themed bar :p :
    Screenshot-2094.jpg

Poolside Club:
    Screenshot-2101.jpg

Screenshot-2073.jpg

Screenshot-2074.jpg

I'm going to try to squeeze in as much work as I can this month, because as of May, I'm going to be out of commission for awhile. Hopefully, though, I'll be back up and running in the summer.

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    I have an update on all the progress I've been making so far. Right now, I am in the landscaping and spawners phase. When I'm done, I'll go back and recheck all the lots and do some tweaking.

All in all, I'd say I'm happy with the way Sim Acres is turning out, and I think players who are fond of worlds that have multiple districts might like this one.

Screenshot-2210.jpg

Screenshot-2240.jpg

Screenshot-2204.jpg

Screenshot-2200.jpg
    Screenshot-2190.jpg

Screenshot-2196.jpg

Screenshot-2197.jpg

Screenshot-2192.jpg

Screenshot-2155.jpg

Unfortunately, I will have to take a break from building for medical reasons, so I am trying to squeeze in as much as possible before tomorrow. But hopefully I'll be back up and running again by the summer and have Sim Acres out soon. B)

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Your world looks very pretty and can see the care you have taken with it. Good luck with your medical stuff and hope your recovery is swift and safe.
  • Options
    @bekkasan : Thanks so much for your kind comments. I really appreciate it. <3

See you all in a few weeks, and keep on Simming. B)
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I just wanted to say that I also think your world is looking beautiful and to wish you a very speedy recovery. See you soon!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Thanks for your well wishes, @HappySimmer3. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I'm doing fine and should be back up and running shortly. :)
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    No problem, I understood! Glad you're doing well. :)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Hey, everyone! I'm back. Sim Acres is very close to being completed. I just have to play test it, place some families and tweak it some more. Below are some pics:

Screenshot-2395.jpg

Screenshot-2669.jpg

Screenshot-2751.jpg

Screenshot-2628.jpg

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Scarlett2kScarlett2k Posts: 183 Member
    This looks awesome! This may be the first world I ever download. Keep us posted!
  • Options
    @Scarlett2k : Thanks! I will definitely keep posting more pics in the near future.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Beautiful World, Im looking to put my sims in a new world. But most of them have cc and it dont take to likely to my Sims 3 game, so I cant use them.
    Will you be adding any CC to your world?
  • Options
    lovlyb wrote: »

@lovlyb : Nope. All of my worlds are completely CC-free! B)

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    ts1depot wrote: »

@lovlyb : Nope. All of my worlds are completely CC-free! B)

Awesome! Thanks
  • Options
    @ts1depot Wait a minute, you said all your Worlds are cc free, so is there other worlds I should have know about, if so. Please tell me where I can download them. I surely appreciate it!
  • Options
    @ts1depot Wait a minute, you said all your Worlds are cc free, so is there other worlds I should have know about, if so. Please tell me where I can download them. I surely appreciate it!

@lovlyb : Sure thing! Here's the link to my worlds on my blog: http://thesimsdepot.blogspot.com/p/sims-3-worlds.html
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    @ts1depot Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  • Options
    elphieluvrelphieluvr Posts: 119 Member
    Ooh, I'm very excited to see how this turns out. I spent a painstaking two weeks modifying Bridgeport to suit my needs because I couldn't find a city world that I liked enough to use, but this one is gorgeous.

Also, points for repping New Yorkers. ;)
    I'm Leila, but I also answer to Elphie.
    Wishlist