Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still no news on game pack #3

Comments

• Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    meepweep wrote: »
    It's been a while, hasn't it? It's interesting how much you depend on new content with the sims 4. I get bored of the game much faster than with other the sims games, so I find myself wanting more content to explore on a regular basis. I guess I'm repeating what many have said already, but it's still true. I wonder how many packs into the sims 4 it will take until I no longer feel the need to obsessively check the forums and twitter to find out about a new announcement.

I just love new content.

Same here, I'm not bored of TS4 at all, that's not the reason I want new content, I love it when a new pack is announced because of all the hype, I absolutely adore the trailers and I watch them over and over for days trying to spot stuff in them, and then when the pack finally drops I like deciding whether or not to get it and if I do, I get a huge amount of enjoyment out of it.
    So I'm not bored, I'm just addicted to having new stuff! :lol:

@keylimepiesims I totally get you. I agree the hype is the best part. That being said, don't you think this go around the excitement for an announcement has taken a negative and demanding tone? Do you enjoy that too :confused:

I kind of agree but that's only because of the incredibly long wait we've had and the silence from the Gurus, I'm sure if they'd given us some actual hints/info on what the next GP is then people would be a lot less demanding. :/

The OP changed the title, so it sounds a lot better :relaxed: I am excited about the next announcement. I'm hoping it will be a Town Hall/Life GP announcement or dunh dunh dunh a Generations EP announcement! That would just be so awesome! #toddlers2016
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,436 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I wonder what's keeping them :worried:

Game packs and expansion packs take forever to come out with TS4 :/

Wish they gave us news like they did in TS3.

Outdoor retreat
    January 2015

Get to work
    March 2015

Spa day
    July 2015

Get together
    December 2015

It took nearly 9 months for get together and now it's been like 8 months waiting so far for game pack #3

There is no pattern, this has been said before, and it doesn't matter. Play with what you have--shouldn't that be fun enough?

All this whinging about announcements has me thinking that players are like TS2 wealth sims where as soon as you buy them a painting for $250 simoleans, they satisfy that want and then roll a want for $500. :unamused:

A new stuff pack just rolled out last month and an EP (which every swears is so awsome) rolled out 3 months ago. Is what is being provided in the EPs and SPs paltry?

I enjoy the speculation period as much as anyone else, but the announcement isn't going to be any fun if everyone keeps demanding it like its owed to us and EA somehow messed up the delivery date... of the announcement :confounded:

Thing is I'm ready for a gamepack cause it adds lots of new gameplay.

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I really hope it's an EP! I don't mind waiting as long as it's worth it.

It's most likely going to be a Game Pack because we just had an EP. :)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I really hope it's an EP! I don't mind waiting as long as it's worth it.

Don't count on it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    maccajack94maccajack94 Posts: 26 New Member
    I'm really excited to hear what the next GP will be, I've been checking back every day to see if we'd get any news. Let's hope it was worth the wait and introduces some fun new features. I'd love a new destination like a tropical getaway.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I don't like hype over speculation because when those speculations are proven false, people become upset and disappointed, as if their speculations were anything more than their own imagination.

In other words, it seems like practically asking to be let down.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    KayeStar wrote: »
    I don't like hype over speculation because when those speculations are proven false, people become upset and disappointed, as if their speculations were anything more than their own imagination.

Agreed. Speculating is fine and all, but don't get too hyped that it's going to become anything more than just speculation. If it does, then that's awesome. If it doesn't, at least you didn't set yourself up for disappointment.
  • Options
    FilipeSantosFilipeSantos Posts: 138 Member
    we want newwwss!! let's wait for 15 March xD
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    tumblr_nsc9qyiSvz1r470w9o1_250.gif

Body is 5 characters too short.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    SoapSuds wrote: »
    KayeStar wrote: »

Agreed. Speculating is fine and all, but don't get too hyped that it's going to become anything more than just speculation. If it does, then that's awesome. If it doesn't, at least you didn't set yourself up for disappointment.

Get Together was the only EP that disappointed me (hearing about it, I've never played it). I was expecting something new and innovative like Get to Work with its active careers or something old that actually mattered like Generations, or Night Life, or Pets. The club system is supposed to be a massive improvement, but it's still just a club system that the sims have always had at least since TS2. And I play vanilla, so I don't need a bunch a mismatched worlds in my game. I want consistent subhoods that match with my town culture.

The GP announcements are a bit more exciting since they are themed base. And for me, I would be interested any other EPs regardless of whether it is Generations provided it's something new and innovative. Won't buy any EP that is not Generations--but will still be interested in hearing about them and participating the hype fest :grin:
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    My theories on what will be announced (probably in September.... *grumble*)

a) A party themed SP
    b) A party themed GP
    c) A party themed EP

We need more parties and dancing in The Sims 4! Listen to your fans!
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Outdoor retreat
    January 2015

Get to work
    March 2015

Spa day
    July 2015

Get together
    December 2015

It took nearly 9 months for get together and now it's been like 8 months waiting so far for game pack #3

Then you only have one more month to wait 9-8=1. ;)

Very insightful
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options

Outdoor retreat
    January 2015

Get to work
    March 2015

Spa day
    July 2015

Get together
    December 2015

There is no pattern, this has been said before, and it doesn't matter. Play with what you have--shouldn't that be fun enough?

All this whinging about announcements has me thinking that players are like TS2 wealth sims where as soon as you buy them a painting for $250 simoleans, they satisfy that want and then roll a want for $500. :unamused:

A new stuff pack just rolled out last month and an EP (which every swears is so awsome) rolled out 3 months ago. Is what is being provided in the EPs and SPs paltry?

I enjoy the speculation period as much as anyone else, but the announcement isn't going to be any fun if everyone keeps demanding it like its owed to us and EA somehow messed up the delivery date... of the announcement :confounded:

Agree to disagree with your little rant!

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,543 Member
    My theories on what will be announced (probably in September.... *grumble*)

a) A party themed SP
    b) A party themed GP
    c) A party themed EP

We need more parties and dancing in The Sims 4! Listen to your fans!

More dancing. ;)
    My sims are only dancing at level 5 and are looking like amateurs.
    We need level 10, jaw dropping dancing.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Some simmers (and me) are expecting an announcement on Tuesday March 15th, let's hope that it's a GP and not SP...

Hopefully you and cat are right.
    No game pack since last July is a long time with no news at all.
    I don't care so much for stuff packs right now as we have had so many already.
    With the time it took for get together to come out and now game pack #3 I do wonder if its going to be like this with all game packs and expansion's for the sims 4.

• Options
    greenmorekgreenmorek Posts: 63 Member
    I think its a no from drake given what i just saw on twitter
    nOw9z6f.gif
  • Options
    greenmorek wrote: »

What is your signature from please?

• Options
    edited March 2016

What is your signature from please?

Yes where is it from? :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    greenmorekgreenmorek Posts: 63 Member
    Lol its a demon from The mortal instruments city of bones :p Hes hot!
    nOw9z6f.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Has anyone asked @SimGuruDrake, yet if there is going to be an announcement this week? I would like to know whether to get on a hype train or take a rain check.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,869 Member
    There is a great soulless void of nothingness where GP #3 should be right now. Even it's heralds are MIA.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Lol its a demon from The mortal instruments city of bones :pHes hot!

IK....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    theres no news this week
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member

What did you see?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    theres no news this week

Source?
    LR3g0ni.jpg